The Oblique Pen Reviews

The Oblique Pen 6
The Oblique Pen 7
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 04/28/2019

Really added a unique and gorgeous touch

Jessica added so many amazing details to our wedding, and working with her was great and a lot of fun! She designed awesome laser cut signs for our table names, as well as beautiful calligraphy signs for various stations at our wedding. Her work is super creative - she took the details of other things we had planned and created pieces that fit in perfectly and went beyond what we could have dreamed up. Jessica also did calligraphy on geode slices for our guests' place cards, and sent many pictures throughout the process so we could stay in the loop. The most spectacular piece was the work she did on the chalkboard at The Cookery. She incorporated so many of our favorite video games and other fandoms, and showed up 4 hours before our wedding (with her kids as helpers in tow) to make sure this huge piece of art got done. Everyone loved it, and our pictures in front of it are some of my favorites.

Sent on 06/02/2019
    The Oblique Pen 8

Meredith · Married on 11/23/2017

I spent many weeks looking for the perfect calligrapher. After contacting lots of people and comparing calligraphy, Jessica's classy and timeless style stood out from the others. She was easy to communicate with and flexible with turnaround time. We had a tight timeline to get our invites out but she got them done expediently.. over 200 envelopes in only a week or two! We were thrilled with her service and the final product. Everyone remarked on how beautiful the calligraphy was. Would not hesitate to use her again!

Sent on 12/10/2017

Marley · Married on 11/11/2017

Beautiful and done in timely manner! Definitely recommmend!

Sent on 12/07/2017

Anne-Marie · Married on 11/11/2017

Lovely and perfect! Highly recommend

Sent on 12/17/2017

Camellia · Married on 11/04/2017

Jessica was super flexible in working with me and was very fast with her work. I was very pleased with the service she provided and my wedding guests were very impressed with their wedding invitations!

Sent on 12/12/2017

Chelsea · Married on 06/24/2017

Jessica was absolutely amazing to work with! We have gotten more compliments on our guestbook and it looks amazing hanging in our home. And our Place cards and escort cards were stunning - she is so talented and you won’t regret allowing her to help with your big day!!

Sent on 12/06/2017
    The Oblique Pen 9
    The Oblique Pen 10
    The Oblique Pen 11
    The Oblique Pen 12
    The Oblique Pen 13
    The Oblique Pen 14

Lesley · Married on 03/11/2017

Jessica Yee, of the Oblique Pen, addressed my wedding invitation suite, including outer envelopes and inner envelopes. Her final product was amazing, she even matched the color the ink on the envelopes to the color of the ink on our wedding invitations (a deep navy). Jessica performed all of the work in the time that we agreed on and I was extremely satisfied with her work!

Sent on 05/03/2017

Alexis · Married on 10/01/2016

Jessica Yee was amazing. I would highly recommend her.

Sent on 10/29/2016

Jenna · Married on 09/03/2016

Jessica was awesome. She was very informative of costs, time management and quality of her services. I got so many compliments on my invitations for my wedding. Simply elegant!

Sent on 06/23/2016

Linda · Married on 09/19/2015

Everything was perfect and done so beautiful. Glad I spent the extra money. Jessica was a pleasure to work with and I had a few changes at the last minute which didn't bother her in the least. She even met me at a convenient location to deliver my products. I HIGHLY recommend her services!!

Sent on 05/31/2016

The Oblique Pen's reply:

Thank you for your sweet words.

Kaila · Married on 05/24/2015

Jessica created a custom chalkboard design at my wedding venue. She responded quickly and sent design ideas/proofs and quickly tweaked them to my satisfaction. The actual chalkboard was beautiful and very well done, exactly what I had in mind. I would highly recommend for any calligraphy needs!

Sent on 06/07/2016

The Oblique Pen's reply:

Thank you, it was fun doing the board.

Erica · Married on 05/23/2015

Jessica is amazing!!!! She did the calligraphy on the envelopes for my wedding invitations and they looked great. We received a lot of compliments on the envelopes. While planning my wedding, I had to change venues which caused me to have to send new invitations. Jessica was a life saver. I was under a time crunch with the 2nd set of invitations and She worked closely with me and literally work late hours for me to send the invitations in a timely manner. She did both sets of inivations, and worked with me to help me save money with giving advice on thank you cards. She truly cares about her product and her customers.

Sent on 06/03/2016

The Oblique Pen's reply:

Thank you Erica for your sweet words. It was fun working on your envelopes and helping with the Thank You Notes.

Jan · Married on 03/28/2015

I cannot say enough about how pleased we were with Jessica at The Oblique Pen. We were running behind schedule both times when we needed her services. She graciously accommodated us, and not only produced beautiful calligraphy, but completed the projects ahead of our deadlines. She was flexible with the times we could meet with her, allowing us to deliver one project at 8:00 at night! I hope to have the opportunity to work with her again and would definitely recommend her to a friend.

Sent on 03/17/2015

The Oblique Pen's reply:

Thank you Jan, It was all my pleasure, I loved seeing the pictures. Thanks again.

Anne · Married on 03/07/2015

Jessica was phenomenal. Her chaligraphy was exquisite! She got our invitations out on time and was more than gracious to all of our requests!

Sent on 02/10/2015

The Oblique Pen's reply:

Thank you Anne for your kind words. I enjoyed working with you.

Elizabeth · Married on 03/07/2015

Jessica was phenomenal. Her calligraphy was exquisite! She got our invitations to us on time and was more than gracious to all of our requests!

Sent on 02/11/2015

Drew · event on 02/12/2015

Jessica designed the calligraphy for my logo for DrewBecker.com, a publishing company. Her work was excellent and she was so helpful creating variations on the design until I was satisfied. I would recommend Jessica if you have any needs for calligraphy on any surface. Her work demonstrated the professional attitude I wanted for my publishing.

Sent on 03/25/2015

Jennifer · Married on 01/24/2015

Jessica did an absolutely beautiful job on our invitations, place cards and seating chart. We are so glad we found her. The work was stunning and we couldn't have been more pleased.

Sent on 02/01/2015

The Oblique Pen's reply:

Jennifer, Thank you for your sweet words. You were so fun to work with.

Jen · Married on 01/24/2015

Jessica did an absolutely beautiful job on our invitations, and was incredibly accommodating with our short timeline. Incredible work!

Sent on 02/17/2015

Heidi · event on 12/06/2014

I had Jessica do some engraving on wine bottles as gifts for our clients and I have to say everyone LOVE them. If you have not seen what she can do on a bottle you are missing out. If you are looking for a special gift for a wedding or anniversary you really need to talk with her. She has great ideas and is just wonderful to work with. She is a true artist!.

Sent on 12/28/2014

The Oblique Pen's reply:

Heidi you rock, Thank you! I love working with you!

Eric · event on 06/22/2014

Jessica created a beautiful work of art for my wedding anniversary that brought my wife to tears. Looking forward to keeping that artwork on our walls for years to come!

Sent on 12/27/2014

The Oblique Pen's reply:

Eric, you are so sweet! She's a lucky lady. Your project brought me so much joy to do. I am so glad it did the same for you. Thank you.

Jessica did the calligraphy fro the wedding invitation envelopes and did a beautiful job. She was wonderful and always very pleasant. I would highly recommend her. Also, although we only used her for the calligraphy, she did also have some other wonderful services and suggestions.

Sent on 12/28/2014

The Oblique Pen's reply:

Thank you for your kind words.

Very pleasant to work with and did a wonderful job! Very helpful in every aspect of the process.

Sent on 05/31/2016

Amelia · Married on 06/03/2017

Jessica did a wonderful job doing the calligraphy for our names to go on our wedding invitation. It came out looking really beautiful, and just what we wanted. She was able to do it on a very tight timeline and we really appreciated her flexibility on that. She is also very flexible in terms of the services she can provide (e.g. invitation design and printing, or just printing, or just calligraphy, etc. etc.), which was great for us since we already had a friend doing our design.

Sent on 04/12/2017

Great attention to detail. Very few errors, which were corrected quickly. Loved her unique style. Would definitely use again!

Sent on 06/02/2016

Kyla · event on 10/30/2014

Great finding someone so passionate about their craft. Created a wonderful program booklet that was so memorable for guest....

Sent on 01/23/2015

The Oblique Pen's reply:

Kyla, you were lovely to work with on this project. Thank you for letting me share my love of lettering with you.