The Oblique Pen Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

• Lauren
    Lauren Married on 04/28/2019

Really added a unique and gorgeous touch

Jessica added so many amazing details to our wedding, and working with her was great and a lot of fun! She designed awesome laser cut signs for our table names, as well as beautiful calligraphy signs for various stations at our wedding. Her work is super creative - she took the details of other things we had planned and created pieces that fit in perfectly and went beyond what we could have dreamed up. Jessica also did calligraphy on geode slices for our guests' place cards, and sent many pictures throughout the process so we could stay in the loop. The most spectacular piece was the work she did on the chalkboard at The Cookery. She incorporated so many of our favorite video games and other fandoms, and showed up 4 hours before our wedding (with her kids as helpers in tow) to make sure this huge piece of art got done. Everyone loved it, and our pictures in front of it are some of my favorites.
    Meredith Married on 11/23/2017
    I spent many weeks looking for the perfect calligrapher. After contacting lots of people and comparing calligraphy, Jessica's classy and timeless style stood out from the others. She was easy to communicate with and flexible with turnaround time. We had a tight timeline to get our invites out but she got them done expediently.. over 200 envelopes in only a week or two! We were thrilled with her service and the final product. Everyone remarked on how beautiful the calligraphy was. Would not hesitate to use her again!
    Anne-Marie Married on 11/11/2017
    Lovely and perfect! Highly recommend
    Marley Married on 11/11/2017
    Beautiful and done in timely manner! Definitely recommmend!
    Camellia Married on 11/04/2017
    Jessica was super flexible in working with me and was very fast with her work. I was very pleased with the service she provided and my wedding guests were very impressed with their wedding invitations!
    Chelsea Married on 06/24/2017
    Jessica was absolutely amazing to work with! We have gotten more compliments on our guestbook and it looks amazing hanging in our home. And our Place cards and escort cards were stunning - she is so talented and you won’t regret allowing her to help with your big day!!
    Lesley Married on 03/11/2017
    Jessica Yee, of the Oblique Pen, addressed my wedding invitation suite, including outer envelopes and inner envelopes. Her final product was amazing, she even matched the color the ink on the envelopes to the color of the ink on our wedding invitations (a deep navy). Jessica performed all of the work in the time that we agreed on and I was extremely satisfied with her work!
    Alexis Married on 10/01/2016
    Jessica Yee was amazing. I would highly recommend her.
    Jenna Married on 09/03/2016
    Jessica was awesome. She was very informative of costs, time management and quality of her services. I got so many compliments on my invitations for my wedding. Simply elegant!
    Linda Married on 09/19/2015
    Everything was perfect and done so beautiful. Glad I spent the extra money. Jessica was a pleasure to work with and I had a few changes at the last minute which didn't bother her in the least. She even met me at a convenient location to deliver my products. I HIGHLY recommend her services!!

The Oblique Pen's reply:

Thank you for your sweet words.
    Kaila Married on 05/24/2015
    Jessica created a custom chalkboard design at my wedding venue. She responded quickly and sent design ideas/proofs and quickly tweaked them to my satisfaction. The actual chalkboard was beautiful and very well done, exactly what I had in mind. I would highly recommend for any calligraphy needs!

The Oblique Pen's reply:

Thank you, it was fun doing the board.
    Erica Married on 05/23/2015
    Jessica is amazing!!!! She did the calligraphy on the envelopes for my wedding invitations and they looked great. We received a lot of compliments on the envelopes. While planning my wedding, I had to change venues which caused me to have to send new invitations. Jessica was a life saver. I was under a time crunch with the 2nd set of invitations and She worked closely with me and literally work late hours for me to send the invitations in a timely manner. She did both sets of inivations, and worked with me to help me save money with giving advice on thank you cards. She truly cares about her product and her customers.

The Oblique Pen's reply:

Thank you Erica for your sweet words. It was fun working on your envelopes and helping with the Thank You Notes.
    Jan Married on 03/28/2015
    I cannot say enough about how pleased we were with Jessica at The Oblique Pen. We were running behind schedule both times when we needed her services. She graciously accommodated us, and not only produced beautiful calligraphy, but completed the projects ahead of our deadlines. She was flexible with the times we could meet with her, allowing us to deliver one project at 8:00 at night! I hope to have the opportunity to work with her again and would definitely recommend her to a friend.

The Oblique Pen's reply:

Thank you Jan, It was all my pleasure, I loved seeing the pictures. Thanks again.
    Elizabeth Married on 03/07/2015
    Jessica was phenomenal. Her calligraphy was exquisite! She got our invitations to us on time and was more than gracious to all of our requests!
    Anne Married on 03/07/2015
    Jessica was phenomenal. Her chaligraphy was exquisite! She got our invitations out on time and was more than gracious to all of our requests!

The Oblique Pen's reply:

Thank you Anne for your kind words. I enjoyed working with you.
    Drew Event on: 02/12/2015
    Jessica designed the calligraphy for my logo for DrewBecker.com, a publishing company. Her work was excellent and she was so helpful creating variations on the design until I was satisfied. I would recommend Jessica if you have any needs for calligraphy on any surface. Her work demonstrated the professional attitude I wanted for my publishing.
    Jen Married on 01/24/2015
    Jessica did an absolutely beautiful job on our invitations, and was incredibly accommodating with our short timeline. Incredible work!
    Jennifer Married on 01/24/2015
    Jessica did an absolutely beautiful job on our invitations, place cards and seating chart. We are so glad we found her. The work was stunning and we couldn't have been more pleased.

The Oblique Pen's reply:

Jennifer, Thank you for your sweet words. You were so fun to work with.
    Heidi Event on: 12/06/2014
    I had Jessica do some engraving on wine bottles as gifts for our clients and I have to say everyone LOVE them. If you have not seen what she can do on a bottle you are missing out. If you are looking for a special gift for a wedding or anniversary you really need to talk with her. She has great ideas and is just wonderful to work with. She is a true artist!.

The Oblique Pen's reply:

Heidi you rock, Thank you! I love working with you!
    Eric Event on: 06/22/2014
    Jessica created a beautiful work of art for my wedding anniversary that brought my wife to tears. Looking forward to keeping that artwork on our walls for years to come!

The Oblique Pen's reply:

Eric, you are so sweet! She's a lucky lady. Your project brought me so much joy to do. I am so glad it did the same for you. Thank you.
  • User2628445 2+ years ago
    Very pleasant to work with and did a wonderful job! Very helpful in every aspect of the process.
  • User1986333 2+ years ago
    Jessica did the calligraphy fro the wedding invitation envelopes and did a beautiful job. She was wonderful and always very pleasant. I would highly recommend her. Also, although we only used her for the calligraphy, she did also have some other wonderful services and suggestions.

The Oblique Pen's reply:

Thank you for your kind words.
    Amelia Married on 06/03/2017
    Jessica did a wonderful job doing the calligraphy for our names to go on our wedding invitation. It came out looking really beautiful, and just what we wanted. She was able to do it on a very tight timeline and we really appreciated her flexibility on that. She is also very flexible in terms of the services she can provide (e.g. invitation design and printing, or just printing, or just calligraphy, etc. etc.), which was great for us since we already had a friend doing our design.
  • User2631782 2+ years ago
    Great attention to detail. Very few errors, which were corrected quickly. Loved her unique style. Would definitely use again!
    Kyla Event on: 10/30/2014
    Great finding someone so passionate about their craft. Created a wonderful program booklet that was so memorable for guest....

The Oblique Pen's reply:

Kyla, you were lovely to work with on this project. Thank you for letting me share my love of lettering with you.