The Events Guru Reviews

49 Reviews for The Events Guru

The Events Guru 1
The Events Guru 2

Jonathan · Getting married on 07/04/2021

Fernando, someone i consider family besides being a close friend, co-worker and more. He loves what he does, inspire people around them and create an amazing atmosphere wherever he goes. I recommend Fernando J. Valencia, MrFJV or any of his name on social media for you next event. Besides, talking about Fernando as a close friend, and seen his work while working with him. He made the best experience for my sister on her sweet 16 to the point people still talking about even when it was 2 years ago.....

Sent on 02/27/2017

ashley · Getting married on 12/28/2019

Simply the best! Fernando simplifies every step in planning your event to make sure you enjoy the planning process and not stress out! He is my go to guy and I can't wait to plan my next event with him! Definitely give him a call if you want your event to be a huge success :)

Sent on 02/28/2017

Joanna · Married on 10/19/2018

I can't say enough great things about our photographer Phong! I've know Phong since kindergarten and he was my fiance's freshman college roommate, so I've seen his talent continue to grow and grow. My fiance and I are not usually comfortable in front of a camera, but Phong had us relaxed and smiling within minutes. After our session we were so excited with the sneak peaks he showed us and was astonished at how quickly Phong had our photos finished! There are so many details when planning a wedding and I'm glad I have Phong because now I have no worries about our pictures.

Sent on 01/25/2018
  • mlandlm

Mei · Married on 08/05/2018

Fernando and his team are excellent! My husband and I planned our wedding in only 6 weeks and one of the first things we wanted to do was book a DJ. Fernando came up on a vendor list and the minute we spoke with him we knew his we wanted to work with his team. He is extremely personable, knowledgeable and easy to communicate with! He let us know all our options from the start which we hadn’t received from others. Johnny was our MC for the evening and we couldn’t have been happier with him! Throughout the process we had phone/text conversations and he easy accommodated any changes we made even right up to the wedding. I even let him know we don’t have many dancers in the family but from the start of the reception I saw people I never even knew could dance, dancing the night away.
    If you’re hesitant definitely go with them, you won’t be disappointed! They’re amazing and we had people ask over and over who were our amazing DJs!

Sent on 10/02/2018

Ana · Married on 08/04/2018

I had the awesome pleasure of meeting Fernando at my cousin's wedding last year and my family and I are still talking about how great of a MC he was. He was so great that 2 other family members getting married this year booked him as well for their wedding. His personality is great and his energy will keep you on ur feet all night. If great music and great energy is what you are looking for at your event then Fernando is definitely your guy!!!!!

Sent on 04/17/2017

Laura · Married on 03/03/2018

We just got married this past Saturday and Phong was our photographer. He was more than I even expected! He called me a few days before the wedding to go over the time line. He showed up right on time that day and got straight to work. The wedding party was a bit disorganized but he worked through everything. He made sure to tell me that he is on my schedule and if we’re behind not to worry about it. He was amazing and made me feel super calm and relax all day. My bridal party loved him and loved the pictures that he took when he showed them previews. He was such a pleasure to work with and pin pointed us in the right direction through out the whole day! I would definitely recommend him to everyone that I know. Thank you so much for all that you did Phong and I can’t wait to see pictures!

Sent on 03/07/2018

Sarah · Married on 10/21/2017

Was married on Sunday and could not recommend Fernando and his team more!

Fernando worked closely with us to ensure all of our details were in line for the big day. Our officiant and Matrie D raved about him. We had a varied group of different ages and he was flawless at reading the crowd to make it a party all night. Several people came up to me after the wedding - and are still texting me - about what an awesome job he did. He's a must have for any event - especially a wedding.

In short - he's the perfect mix of an absolutely fun hype man that will get anyone on their feet - but also super detailed and organized. He made the best day of our lives even better. Be happy to recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 09/08/2017

Casandra · Married on 09/23/2017

If I could give a million starts I would!! Fernando is amazing and hands down the BEST entertainer I've ever met! He keeps the crowd going all night! All of my guest can't stop saying how it was the best wedding they have ever been to! He goes above and beyond for his clients and we couldn't have had the most perfect day ever without him!

Sent on 09/25/2017

Kyra · Married on 09/15/2017

It's hard to even know where to start about Fernando. He truly is a person who you meet once in a lifetime, and they leave a lasting impression. I first met Fernando back in January 2013 when I was planning my wedding. His energy, charisma, and passion was contagious. I knew upon first meeting that he HAD to be the one to MC/DJ my wedding. My wedding was in August 2013, and to say it was even better than I ever expected is an understatement. I have never had so much fun in my life! My husband, who is not someone you ever find on the dance floor, danced the night away and even tried everything he could to get the venue let us pay to extend the party. To this day, guests at our wedding still say it was one of the best weddings they have ever been to, and they always mention how much they loved Fernando. Fast forward a few years, I have stayed in touch with Fernando, who truly became a friend to my husband and I. When my younger sister was engaged in July 2016, I told her she had no other option but to hire Fernando immediately. He was our first contact in the planning process, and we chose her wedding date based on his availability. Her wedding was this past weekend (9/15/17), and once again I am completely speechless about the work of Fernando. Everything was absolutely perfect. The dance floor was packed, everyone was having a great time... including my 3 year old! To top it all off, Fernando went the extra mile to play my first dance song during dinner so that my husband and I could have our first dance all over again (my sister was married in the same venue as us as well). The love and care he shows his clients, past and present, is unbelievable and something that certainly sets him above the rest. Our family considers him a member of our family and cannot wait for our next event with him.

Sent on 09/19/2017

Sarah · Married on 09/03/2017

We got married last weekend at the Old Mill Inn and Fernando was our MC/DJ - we couldn't have been more impressed with his services!

Having a party atmosphere was super important to us. We had met with other DJs / MCs and they were super corny and had their own ideas of what THEY wanted for our wedding. But not Fernando - He worked closely with us a month before our wedding to ensure everything we wanted and envisioned for the big day went off without a hitch - we had some very specific requests that he totally knocked out of the park. He was excellent at giving recommendations for the venue and the layout of the night. Our guests came up to us after and were absolutely thrilled with him. They said he was the best MC ever at a wedding - I completely agree but couldn't tell if I was being biased :) loved his IG story he posted the next day.

Absolutely 100% recommend Fernando and his team for your event. He made our wedding one of the "best parties" our guests have ever been to. He was excellent at coordinating with our officiant and matrie D. My only regret is that the party couldn't last longer!

Sent on 09/08/2017

Christine · event on: 07/20/2017

From the very first moment that I spoke over the phone with Fernando I knew he was going to ne great. His professionalism, enthusiasm and attention to all of our needs for our daughter's Sweet 16 was undeniable. Our guests, both teens and adults are still raving about the party and him in particular. He connects with people in such a way that is impressionable. His entire crew were also amazing. If you want to have a memorable event you must call Fernando!

Sent on 07/23/2017

Lindsay · Married on 06/09/2017

If you are reading this review and have not already booked Fernando then what are you waiting for??!! With the utmost energy, excitement and professionalism, Fernando made our wedding day the BEST ever. Our family & friends absolutely loved the way he commanded the show and had us all dancing the night away!! Not only is he great as an MC but he goes above and beyond for his bride and groom by checking in, taking calls no matter the time and always being encouraging! We will definitely think of him for our upcoming events and you should too!!!!

Sent on 07/23/2017

Michelle · Married on 05/12/2017

My husband and I had Fernando host our wedding reception on 5/12/17 at the Crystal ballroom. He did an amazing job keeping our guests out on the dance floor all night as well as making sure my husband and I enjoyed ourselves. He paid attention to details and listened to our vision of how we wanted the night to go. Our guests to this day talk about what a fabulous job he did hosting our wedding. If we were to do it again Fernando is definitely our number 1 choice!!

Sent on 07/03/2017

Alex · Married on 04/21/2017

It's the day after our wedding and I'm still in party mode thanks to Fernando. A true professional that has helped plan our crazy wedding since day 1. From ideas on music to providing his expertise on how other couples have overcome the inevitable wedding planning hurdles, Fernando was there every step of the way. Thank you so much! We had a blast and I've already given your info out to my whole family. You the man!!

Sent on 04/22/2017

Loi · Married on 04/15/2017

Life is about moments and memories. I am so happy we choose Phong to capture our wedding photos. The team at the Events Guru did an amazing job. Phong was able to capture our “LOVE” through his images which were outstanding! He was easy going and made my wife at ease on her wedding day. When i review our wedding album, i can relive each and every moment that Phong’s photo captured. I get great compliments on the photos for everyone that viewed them and it is all credited to Phong’s vision. I would highly recommend Phong as a photographer for ANY event. if your memories matter to you, book Phong as your photographer so he can make your moments last a lifetime.

Sent on 01/03/2018

Chris · Married on 04/08/2017

Fernando is the guy you want if you want to have an amazing party !!! Your so engaged and you can just tell that you love what you do ???? I remember being out there on the dancefloor with you and i felt as if you were a guest. I appreciate your talent my friend

Sent on 05/11/2017

Nicole · Married on 03/31/2017

My husband and I just had our wedding last night with Fernando as our DJ. There was NOT ONE of our guests that we're sitting in their seat because they were tearing it up on the dance floor. He really knows how to get the party started! Every single guest told me how amazing my DJ was and how positive and upbeat he is. Let me tell you is positivity and energy are just contagious! He works with you to make your night the most amazing night of your life. We cannot thank you enough for making our special day amazing!

Sent on 04/01/2017

Karen · Married on 03/24/2017

Fernando is TOP NOTCH. We knew going into our wedding planning that music and a well-spoken DJ were key to make our night very special. Before meeting Fernando, we were pleased with various videos of his work with other couples online. Days leading up to our wedding, we had some last minute changes to our plans with two custom entrances. Fernando was very accommodating to every detail to make our vision come true and his patience and will to work with us made every difference. The day after our wedding, his team assembled a great recap video of our of wedding night. Our friends and family are still raving about him even weeks after the event. Fernando knows how to make a wedding memorable in every aspect. Don't hesitate to book him. Thanks for everything again! - The Crisols

Sent on 04/18/2017

Karen · Married on 03/24/2017

You won't regret hiring The Events Guru! He was our first MC choice for our wedding and we have absolutely no regrets. He was one of our favorite vendors! He has so much energy and gets the crowd up, partying all night long. We had groups of people we were expecting to sit the whole time but were pleasantly surprised to see them on the dance floor. My guests still talk about him to this day and a few have already contacted him, interested to have him MC their various events from weddings to Sweet 16s. He is the best in the business and his dedication to his craft is impressive. His patience and attention to detail throughout the planning process made such a stressful time in our life easy. Thanks again, Fernando!!!

Sent on 05/02/2017

Elaine · Married on 03/03/2017

If you want to look back at peak moments feeling joy, warmth, and love, you'll be able because of Fernando. He is exciting to be around, he naturally brings people close, and he passionately gives himself wholeheartedly to those around him through his craft and dedication. The truth is someone who brings light- loves what they do and share moments with others that can be relived for a long time is admired, and Fernandos presences brings this to the table. I'm grateful and honored to have witnessed his passion for people. Congratulations, peace and love!

Sent on 03/03/2017

Juan · Married on 02/25/2017

Fernando really got our wedding reception pumping. He is very professional, organized and has great initiative. His attention to detail is amazing and his flexibility and ability to think on his feet is commendable.

Sent on 03/01/2017

christina · Married on 02/25/2017

My husband and I got married last week. Booking Fernando was probably one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. The whole night was amazing. Fernando was fast and easy to assist with anything he could. Our guests had soo much fun, many were on the dance floor most of the night. He also had a great sense of humor while keeping everything professional. He was definitely worth every penny, him and his team honored every strange request we had from the simple stuff to playing Lindsey Stirling at the cocktail hour, to remixing Boys to Men "A Song for Mama" with Daddy Yankee "Gasolina" as my husband's dance with his mother, to then helping up setup the garter toss to the married women of the room so that they may put the garter on their husband. We certainly had a fun filled event with Fernando around.

Sent on 03/08/2017

glenda · Married on 02/11/2017

Fernando is the best. His service is excellent. He made my day perfect, l recommend him, hi is very friendly and respectful person. I consider his part of my family we love you.

The Events Guru 3
    Sent on 11/27/2017

Luis · Married on 12/10/2016

Fernando Fernando Fernando !!! You are a host in legend ! Thank you for what you do and all the passion you have towards the people you help. Can't wait to see you on the dance floor again

Sent on 05/11/2017

Pauline · Married on 12/04/2016

My husband and I were married on December 4th, 2016. Fernando did an amazing job at our event and we would definitely recommend him. From day one he was very helpful not only with just us, but as well as, my sister who was my maid of honor. He would answer all her questions when she called him and helped her with her surprise presentation she was preparing for my Special Day. We met him at a Bridal Show and decided to book with him. He has a way of just bringing in that joy where everyone was up and on the dance floor, he made sure every song that we had requested played that evening. Thank you Fernando, Ivette and everyone in your team for making our Special Day a memorable one.

Sent on 08/29/2017