28 Reviews for The Carltun

House Liquor (1)
Signature Drink (1)
Chocolate Fountain (1)
28 The Carltun Reviews

Thank you to The Carltun & all their amazing staff. Our wedding was truly the best day of our lives. Everyone who works there goes above and beyond to ensure everything is perfect. My husband’s (the groom) button broke & Adam actually sewed it for hi, my bridal attendant, Heidi was there for me for everything I could possible need & want, the chef made the cake special for us & had food options at our table that he specifically knew we loved.. I could go on & on about how great a night it is! Also, I highly recommend having the after party upstairs at Havannahs! What a wonderful time.

Profile Picture Katie, 6/16/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We got married at The Carltun on June 9th and it was literally a dream wedding. Adam was there every step of the way making sure every detail was perfect- he truly went above and beyond to make sure we were more than happy with everything and made the entire planning process as stress free as possible. He took the time to understand our taste and style and made some awesome suggestions that made our wedding even better than imagined. Chef Rodrigo was also amazing and customized a delicious menu for us. His passion for food and entertaining is obvious the moment you meet him. Adam and Rodrigo are both perfectionists and wont settle for anything less, making sure you get the absolute best. My bridal attendant and waitress Jeanie and Heidi were also great- They helped me with a dress malfunction the day of my wedding and saved the day! I cannot express how truly wonderful our wedding was. Everyone keeps reaching out and telling is it was the best wedding they have ever been to. The Carltun is really a top notch place and I couldn't be happier that we chose it for our wedding venue!

Profile Picture Alexandra, 6/9/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Carltun is the place where you want to have a perfect and unforgettable wedding. A HUGE THANKS to Stefan for all the hard work leading up to it. We would send emails late at night with questions and Stefan would answer them before we would wake up. He really got our vision and was incredibly flexible with all our asks, and had the industry expertise to provide exactly the guidance we needed. Everything was seamless perfection. Our wedding was so much better than we ever could've envisioned. The outdoor ceremony was gorgeous, every single guest had nothing but positive things to say, and the afterparty (on the patio with fire pits, heat lamps, comfort foods and cigars) and the dessert train was unbelievable. The rest of the team (our maitre'ds John and Lewis, and Jeannie and the other bridal attendant) was also delightful, unbelievably professional and top-notch to work with.

Profile Picture Cathy, 4/28/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I cannot even begin to express my deep gratitude to Executive Chef Rodrigo and all of the staff at the Carltun for a wedding that was beyond my wildest expectations. Rodrigo was so patient with me and answered all of my questions. The Carltun did such an amazing job with every little detail of the day. The food during cocktail hour was so incredibly delicious. There were a ton of options to choose from, and Rodrigo also worked with us on adding things to stations. I felt like the food at the cocktail hour was so special and really reflected the cuisine that my husband and I really enjoy. The food during the reception was also insanely good, and I was able to choose dishes (like beef wellington and cornish hen) that were also a little different than typical wedding food. My guests did not stop talking about the food both during the big day and for weeks afterward! My wedding went off without a hitch and every person I have spoken to has said it was the best wedding they have been to. Everyone also complimented the service, no one waited long for a drink or for food. I cannot begin to thank Rodrigo and the staff at the Carltun enough for the most amazing day of my life!

Profile Picture Kristin, 9/29/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Valet, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Cake, Clean Up, Bridal Suite, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Wireless Internet

Caryn is amazing! The Carltun is beautiful and we cannot wait for our wedding day!

Profile Picture Christine, 9/24/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My wedding at the Carltun was absolutely spectacular. Stefan was so amazing and helpful every step of the way, I cannot say enough good things about him and the venue. He responded to my emails and calls immediately or within a few hours. The venue itself is stunning. Many of our guests commented that this was the best wedding they've ever been to (including their own wedding!), and they raved about the food, service, grounds, and ambiance. One of my guests was a talent agent and commented that my wedding was better than celebrity weddings she's been to in LA. John the Maitre D did a fabulous job coordinating the day's schedule with my vendors, and it was executed flawlessly. Chef Rodrigo put together a winning menu and made the most stunning wedding cake from a picture I gave him. The Carltun is known as the nicest wedding venue on Long Island, and for good reason. It is expensive but 100% worth it. I give them my highest recommendation.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 6/25/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I hosted our wedding at The Carltun on October 31st. We were looking for a venue that was centrally located for those traveling near and far (Northern NJ) and most importantly we wanted great food/service. Coming from a very 'orthodox' Italian family; food was definitely the most important component of my wedding and The Carltun not only exceeded our expectations but our guests as well. Working with Stefan Watstein & Chef Rodrigo was really a great experience; in fact my husband who absolutely hated the entire wedding planning really loved working with them both especially when it came to selecting the menu and food tasting. When I booked The Carltun the venue was going through a series of management changes and it was quite difficult to get in touch YET when they finally onboarded Stefan this instantly changed. Stefan instantly responded to my email by calling me and reassured my husband and I that we didn't need to worry about the wedding venue. It's hard to 'not worry' about your wedding venue but really, with The Carltun you do not. This really came to light during the food tasting in which all of my fears were squashed when we had the most amazing experience in which the service and food were simply put exceptional. Chef Rodrigo/Stefan paid so much attention to our requests & comments during this visit; it was evident during the menu selection in which they recalled every detail. They were open to our suggestions for the menu (Mac N Cheese bar) and they also suggested non traditional wedding foods such as tripe made two different ways and made my family and I 'nero di seppia'. We trusted the team so much we gave the Chef free reign to design our wedding cake which beautifully reflected the wedding theme. I would highly recommend The Carltun as the food was delicious, service was exceptional and most of all Chef Rodrigo and Stefan were a real joy to work with as they both love what they are doing. I cannot wait to work with them in the future!

Profile Picture caterina, 10/31/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

There is no other place we could have imagined having the wedding we had other than The Carltun. Stefan, Rodrigo & all of their staff made it such a phenomenal day for us. The entire process was such a pleasure for us due to their catering to our every ask and wish. They bent over backwards for all of our requests, and still they came out better than we could have imagined. Our wedding was 200+ people and I can’t count the compliments we got during and after of what a party, how beautiful the place, how nice the staff, and how unbelievable the food was. This is my family’s 3rd wedding at this venue, each wedding 6+ years apart and for good reason- the high standards never change. We would highly recommend The Carltun to every future couple.

Profile Picture c, 8/8/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding this past weekend at the Carltun was spectacular and far exceeded our expectations. From start to finish, they were amazing to work with and their level of service is second to none. We worked with Caryn as our coordinator and Christian was our Matrie D'. They listened to every single detail & request and executed seamlessly. The food was incredibly and the dessert bar is a must have. Highly recommend The Carltun if you want an absolutely perfect wedding day!!

Profile Picture Nicole, 5/31/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

It was a perfect day! Caryn is wonderful! I would highly recommend this venue to anyone.

Profile Picture User3984161, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Debbie is amazing to work with at the Carltun. She truly met every need and went above and beyond to create the most magical day ever. The food was amazing and the service was second to none.

Profile Picture Michelle, 5/31/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

when we decided to have an intimate wedding we looked at a few places and the Carltun had exactly what we wanted. They were so accommodating and flexible. Caryn was great to work with and at our event the staff & the food was impeccable. Our guests felt the staff was extremely attentive without being overbearing. They followed every direction on the detail we had wanted for our day. It was easy and fabulous. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture stacy, 5/25/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Karen was a perfect planner she made our day a very special memory

Profile Picture Warren, 6/23/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I chose the Calrtun for my wedding venue after seeing 12 different locations. The room is gorgeous and has a rich, classy feel. The staff was superb, the food is still talked about by my guests - superb, and everything went off without a hitch thanks to my wonderful bridal attendant who saved the day multiple times! I would recommend the venue to everyone - there are very few places in long island that would compare! It's definitely one of the best!

Profile Picture Dena, 6/8/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This venue was absolutely breathtaking. As soon as my now husband and our families took a tour we knew it was the perfect place for our May wedding. The rooms were gorgeous and had an elegant feel with lots of character. Working with Caryn was also fantastic. From day 1 she was always available to answer questions or offer advice. My fiance and I were taken care of the entire night of our wedding. Mary Ann, my Bridal attendant was very attentive without being intrusive while Jon the Maitre D made sure everything went smoothly for my now husband and all the guests. We had the ceremony outside overlooking the gorgeous grounds. My husband and I were able to take some time alone in the bridal suite after the ceremony. They had an assortment of food from the cocktail hour for us to have in private. The food was AMAZING!!!. If you are looking for a romantic and whimsical location for your wedding, book the Carltun!

Profile Picture Stacey, 5/10/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Carltun Speaks for itself, so I knew I already picked one of the best places. Now, after they have done my wedding I would say they are by far the best. The place, the staff, the food, every detail was superb . Each and every single person who worked with us on planning and the day of made us feel very special . Our guests have raved for weeks about our wedding.

Profile Picture Dawn , 6/27/09, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

The Carltun is simply breathtaking. With its beautiful lush grounds and lovely reception rooms, I knew immediately I wanted to have my wedding here. The food was excellent and the staff very courteous and professional. Everyone talked about our wedding for weeks and months after it was over. We are so thrilled we chose The Carltun and highly recommend to any couple looking for elegance, quality of food and service and overall excellency!

Julia and Nick M.
11/04/2007

Profile Picture Julia, 11/4/07, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I got married in October of 2007. We got married on a sunday afternoon and it was beautiful! We had our ceremony outside with the view of the stunning grounds, the party in the ballroom and the after party in the cigar bar. This party is still talked about with rave reviews by all my guests. As a bride I fell in love with the bridal suite with the gorgeous mirror. The food was great and the day ran smoothly. I found the staff great to work with leading up to the big day and they did not disappoint on the day of the wedding. Not to mention all the beautiful photos we have. From the stairs, to the grounds, to the ballroom, the Carltun is a beautiful, magical place. They delivered one of the most beautiful, memorable days of my life.

Profile Picture Jessica, 10/28/07, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The quality of their service and food is wonderful. The site is gorgeous - everywhere you look, inside and out. I had both my ceremony and reception here and the evening had the perfect flow. Guests were greeted in the lobby, led outside to the ceremony, then to the drawing room for cocktail hour and into the grand ballroom for the reception. I really enjoyed my wedding. The wait staff and bridal attendant were so friendly. The food and dessert was to die for.

Profile Picture Savita, 10/14/07, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

My Husband and I had the best night of our lives at the Carltun. We worked with Caryn who was UNBELIEVABLE. She was so easy to work with and would literally respond to my emails within an hour (even on her days off!!)

John, the maitre d is amazing. he is so cool, calm and collected it took away any of the anxieties and issues that came up on our wedding day. We had planned for an outdoor ceremony and at the last minute (about 20 minutes before our ceremony was supposed to start) it began to rain! The entire staff was amazing and moved everything indoors (which was just as beautiful) so quickly!

Maryanne the bridal attendant is such a doll! She was by my side the entire night, walking around the entire property with us during pictures helping me with my dress, veil, bouquet.

The food is AMAZING, the venue is PERFECT. If you are looking for an elegant affair and stress free planning I would 1000% recommend the Carltun! We couldn't have asked for a more amazing day.

Profile Picture Lindsay , 10/19/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

After seeing venues all over the north east (literally), we decided on The Carltun. Our original vision was modern and white but when we went to The Carltun, we just knew it was for us. The atmosphere is traditional but not over done or gaudy like 98% of the wedding venues on LI. They are a super classy establishment and you can 100% trust in their services. It is EXTREMELY pricey but they are willing to work with all budgets and well worth it. MAIN ROOM/GROUNDS - The best thing about the room is that the walls are white with architecture allowing for beautiful uplighting. There is no old musty carpet but rather polished wood floors. GREAT pictures!! The room can fit any amount of people. We had 115 and although a big room, it did not look empty. The grounds are well maintained with stunning fountains and landscaping. The cocktail hour room next to the main ballroom is the perfect CT hour room, allowing for both indoor and outdoor (fountain views) with a fireplace and 2 bars. FOOD/DRINKS - I have never heard so many people tell me how amazing the food was at a wedding. 15+ passed appetizers, 5 stations, and top notch main dinner salad, meats and desert choices. People were stunned. Top shelf liquor all night. If you choose to have the cake done in-house, they do not allow for a tasting. They offer you 4 base designs that you can slightly customized but have a ton of cake/filling choices. We had red velvet and it was very good. They offer champagne with strawberries and flavored water as guests arrive, for a nice welcoming touch! SERVICE - We worked with Debbie as our planner. She is so great to work with. She went above and beyond to make our day exactly what we dreamed of and we truly thank her. The maitre d (John) was average and the bridal attendant was useless (Mary). She got more in the way than helped. She lost my bag and I did't have make-up all night. Our waitress was better but we really didn't get to eat anything all night. However, we heard from our guests that the staff was more than accommodating and professional. They also offer one waiter and one drink waiter oer table so no one is ever without a drink. Our tasting was amazing, the chef is top-notch and super friendly. They recommend an astronomical amount for tips but we did not follow that and did what we could. Overall, we could not have been more pleased and happy with how perfect our day was, with a great thanks to the Carltun. It is the little things that add up and count and they are a true master at having a class-act wedding. We 100% recommend them to any couple.

Profile Picture User1346867, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had an unbelievable wedding at the Carltun. We couldn’t have asked for a more picturesque setting from the immaculate and beautiful patio where we had the ceremony to the cozy drawing room where we had cocktail hour to the decadent ballroom where the reception was held.
3 highlights of the Carltun are:
Food – The food was absolutely delicious. The quality you would expect from a good NYC restaurant. My favorite entree was the Cornish hen stuffed with risotto. The cocktail hour was incredible with lots of variety and quality from a vodka and caviar bar to carving stations. We got fantastic reviews of the dessert café that was set up for us which included a pie bar and ice cream. We unfortunately missed it because we were having too much fun on the dance floor.
Décor / Quality – the décor was classic and very clean. We had our ceremony in the outdoor patio and had the backdrop of the setting sun and beautiful water fountain. The ballroom where the reception was held fit our party(170) perfectly with room to spare.
Service – The service was really top notch. There was a waiter dedicated to each table and each was attentive and professional. They really seemed to care about the service and not just there for a part time paycheck. The maître d, John was very attentive and helpful. He seemed to always be there whenever I needed anything. The bridal attendant Maryanne was awesome and made sure everything was perfect. She even helped hem one of my groomsmen pants.
Lastly the person who worked with us from beginning to end was Debbie. She was great to work with, was friendly and helped us along the whole process from selecting our food options to walking through the specifics of the whole event, she really made us feel comfortable. Debbie was very accommodating to all our requests and gave us several options. She was very responsive and answered all our questions in a timely fashion.
Thank you Debbie and the Carltun for a most memorable night.

Profile Picture Steven, 10/11/13, 1 Review
4.1

We booked our wedding at the Carltun. This place was amazing. Beautiful landscaping, elegant rooms, and amazing service. Chef Rodrigo is the best thing that can happen to your wedding day! His culinary skills are still the talk of all of our friends and family, to the point that I do not even know if they still remember what I (the bride) looked like :). The only thing that saddened us was the fact that Caryn (our coordinator) was not there anymore, so we had to deal with a girl named Stefanie for the last two months prior to our wedding (we found that out during our tasting). Caryn was very smart, responsive and always nice to us. Stefanie was unfortunately the complete opposite. She was cold, uninterested and had no clue of what to do during the event. It was a disappointment to find out after the fact, that she was just a seating hostess who was placed in Caryn's spot at the last minute. I just wish we would know that ahead of time.

Profile Picture Margarita, 7/11/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Cake, Liability Insurance, Set Up, Parking, Valet, Wheelchair Access, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Indoor
4.1

The Carltun is a beautiful place to get married. The cocktail is very nice outside and also a beautiful place to take pictures. The food is delicious and the service impeccable. Unfortunately it is very expensive to get married there.
If you have the money it is a great choice. The only thing I didn't like was the flexibility in the menu as far as upgrades and the choice of the cake. You have to make sure that you have everything in writing because they will charge you for changes. I was disappointed that I had to go out and find a baker to make my cake because they did not have many options and then they wanted to charge me to serve it which was ridiculous.
Overall it is a beautiful place to have a party.

Profile Picture nicole, 7/3/09, 5 Reviews