The Carltun Reviews

34 | East Meadow, NY

34 Reviews for The Carltun

Ralph Tilleli · Married on 11/03/2018

Completely satisfied with assistance the entire staff provided

Our daughter’s wedding at The Carltun was 11/3/18. We are so happy we chose this venue as the night went so smoothly. The staff was incredibly attentive and professional, tremendous kudos to Adam, John, Jeannie and other members of their team. Chef Rodrigo provided a culinary experience fit for royalty. The positive feedback we received from our guests was overwhelming.

Sent on 11/23/2018
  • Ariana

Ariana Mcclean · Married on 10/21/2018

The wedding of our dreams

The Carltun is a dream come true. It is located in the heart of Eisenhower park, and you feel the elegance upon walking into the front doors.

With a Greek family, we needed a venue to hold 300 people, that could handle Greek dancing. The ballroom is spacious and romantic. And the food...my best advice to any bride- a venue has good food if it is a working RESTAURANT. I've been to the restaurant many times and knew the food would live up to expectation, and it id. The food is out of this world. I am still hearing compliments from our guests!

The support, professional service, and guidance that we received from the Carltun was above and beyond, we truly feel like we were treated as family. Working with Adam was a blessing, and we cannot thank him and his team enough for giving us the day of our lives.

If you want an elegant wedding with outstanding food, service, and a staff that you can trust, the Carltun is for you!

Sent on 12/02/2018

Emily · Married on 09/22/2018

Spectacular hospitality, elegant venue

Our reception exceeded our expectations. Our guests all praised the beauty of the location, the excellence of the food and the top notch hospitality of the staff. We couldn’t be more happy with our choice of The Carltun for our wedding. Stefan and Chef Rodrigo provided unparalleled attentiveness during the planning process.

Sent on 11/25/2018

Talia · Married on 07/20/2018

We got married on July 20th, 2018. The Carltun was an outstanding wedding venue. The food was incredible and Chef Rodrigo was very maticulous which was what made us so confident in his work. When we went for our food tasting, the variety of foods that were brought out made it so easy for us to choose our menu options. Chef Rodrigo asked questions to get to know our food preferences and gave us a variety of options for each station for cocktail hour and each entree. He was amazing!!!
    When booking the venue and throughout the whole process of planning our special day, Adam H, was the best!!! He was patient, kind, and very flexible. He worked so closely with all of our vendors to make sure the night would be perfect. He was also very prompt with answering emails and phone calls. He always had a smile on his face and it was evident he loves his job.
    The day of was everything we have ever dreamed of and more. Between, the maitre’ds, bridal attendant, bridal assistants, waiters, and bartenders they made the night so special.
    There was not one thing we would have changed! All of our guests were amazed by the service, food and the after hours.
    We can’t wait to go back to The Carltun!!

Sent on 07/27/2018

Dorothy · Married on 07/14/2018

The Carltun was the perfect place to give my daughter her dream wedding. From the moment we met Adam we knew this was the place to have their wedding. Adam along with the Chef and the entire staff exceeded our expectations.

Sent on 07/29/2018

Erica · Married on 06/23/2018

My husband and I had our June 23 wedding at the Carltun and it was the best day of our lives! From the cocktail hour, to the reception and after party, everything was top notch and perfect. We received so many compliments on the cocktail hour space, the ballroom, the unbelievable after party, and especially how delicious all of the food was!! Multiple people told us that it was the most classy and most beautiful wedding venue they have ever been to. From the start, Stefan was extremely responsive, helpful, and professional. He ensured we would have the most perfect day (which we did!) Also, our food tasting with Chef Rodrigo a few months prior to the wedding was amazing. My mom has a food allergy that she told them about a week before the tasting, and Chef Rodrigo read up on the allergy and made special dishes for her to try at the tasting! All of the food was incredible, and Chef's passion for food and his caring attitude made us feel so comfortable! In addition, we cannot give enough thanks to our maitre d, my bridal attendant, bridal waitress, and everyone else who made our night absolute perfection. I can seriously go on forever raving about the Carltun! Thanks for giving us the wedding of our dreams!

Sent on 07/10/2018

Katie · Married on 06/16/2018

Thank you to The Carltun & all their amazing staff. Our wedding was truly the best day of our lives. Everyone who works there goes above and beyond to ensure everything is perfect. My husband’s (the groom) button broke & Adam actually sewed it for hi, my bridal attendant, Heidi was there for me for everything I could possible need & want, the chef made the cake special for us & had food options at our table that he specifically knew we loved.. I could go on & on about how great a night it is! Also, I highly recommend having the after party upstairs at Havannahs! What a wonderful time.

Sent on 06/10/2018

Alexandra · Married on 06/09/2018

We got married at The Carltun on June 9th and it was literally a dream wedding. Adam was there every step of the way making sure every detail was perfect- he truly went above and beyond to make sure we were more than happy with everything and made the entire planning process as stress free as possible. He took the time to understand our taste and style and made some awesome suggestions that made our wedding even better than imagined. Chef Rodrigo was also amazing and customized a delicious menu for us. His passion for food and entertaining is obvious the moment you meet him. Adam and Rodrigo are both perfectionists and wont settle for anything less, making sure you get the absolute best. My bridal attendant and waitress Jeanie and Heidi were also great- They helped me with a dress malfunction the day of my wedding and saved the day! I cannot express how truly wonderful our wedding was. Everyone keeps reaching out and telling is it was the best wedding they have ever been to. The Carltun is really a top notch place and I couldn't be happier that we chose it for our wedding venue!

Sent on 06/18/2018

Cathy · Married on 04/27/2018

The Carltun is the place where you want to have a perfect and unforgettable wedding. A HUGE THANKS to Stefan for all the hard work leading up to it. We would send emails late at night with questions and Stefan would answer them before we would wake up. He really got our vision and was incredibly flexible with all our asks, and had the industry expertise to provide exactly the guidance we needed. Everything was seamless perfection. Our wedding was so much better than we ever could've envisioned. The outdoor ceremony was gorgeous, every single guest had nothing but positive things to say, and the afterparty (on the patio with fire pits, heat lamps, comfort foods and cigars) and the dessert train was unbelievable. The rest of the team (our maitre'ds John and Lewis, and Jeannie and the other bridal attendant) was also delightful, unbelievably professional and top-notch to work with.

Sent on 05/06/2018

Kristin · Married on 09/29/2017

I cannot even begin to express my deep gratitude to Executive Chef Rodrigo and all of the staff at the Carltun for a wedding that was beyond my wildest expectations. Rodrigo was so patient with me and answered all of my questions. The Carltun did such an amazing job with every little detail of the day. The food during cocktail hour was so incredibly delicious. There were a ton of options to choose from, and Rodrigo also worked with us on adding things to stations. I felt like the food at the cocktail hour was so special and really reflected the cuisine that my husband and I really enjoy. The food during the reception was also insanely good, and I was able to choose dishes (like beef wellington and cornish hen) that were also a little different than typical wedding food. My guests did not stop talking about the food both during the big day and for weeks afterward! My wedding went off without a hitch and every person I have spoken to has said it was the best wedding they have been to. Everyone also complimented the service, no one waited long for a drink or for food. I cannot begin to thank Rodrigo and the staff at the Carltun enough for the most amazing day of my life!

Sent on 11/10/2017

Christine · Married on 09/24/2016

Caryn is amazing! The Carltun is beautiful and we cannot wait for our wedding day!

Sent on 03/07/2015

Jennifer · Married on 06/25/2016

My wedding at the Carltun was absolutely spectacular. Stefan was so amazing and helpful every step of the way, I cannot say enough good things about him and the venue. He responded to my emails and calls immediately or within a few hours. The venue itself is stunning. Many of our guests commented that this was the best wedding they've ever been to (including their own wedding!), and they raved about the food, service, grounds, and ambiance. One of my guests was a talent agent and commented that my wedding was better than celebrity weddings she's been to in LA. John the Maitre D did a fabulous job coordinating the day's schedule with my vendors, and it was executed flawlessly. Chef Rodrigo put together a winning menu and made the most stunning wedding cake from a picture I gave him. The Carltun is known as the nicest wedding venue on Long Island, and for good reason. It is expensive but 100% worth it. I give them my highest recommendation.

Sent on 06/29/2016

My husband and I hosted our wedding at The Carltun on October 31st. We were looking for a venue that was centrally located for those traveling near and far (Northern NJ) and most importantly we wanted great food/service. Coming from a very 'orthodox' Italian family; food was definitely the most important component of my wedding and The Carltun not only exceeded our expectations but our guests as well. Working with Stefan Watstein & Chef Rodrigo was really a great experience; in fact my husband who absolutely hated the entire wedding planning really loved working with them both especially when it came to selecting the menu and food tasting. When I booked The Carltun the venue was going through a series of management changes and it was quite difficult to get in touch YET when they finally onboarded Stefan this instantly changed. Stefan instantly responded to my email by calling me and reassured my husband and I that we didn't need to worry about the wedding venue. It's hard to 'not worry' about your wedding venue but really, with The Carltun you do not. This really came to light during the food tasting in which all of my fears were squashed when we had the most amazing experience in which the service and food were simply put exceptional. Chef Rodrigo/Stefan paid so much attention to our requests & comments during this visit; it was evident during the menu selection in which they recalled every detail. They were open to our suggestions for the menu (Mac N Cheese bar) and they also suggested non traditional wedding foods such as tripe made two different ways and made my family and I 'nero di seppia'. We trusted the team so much we gave the Chef free reign to design our wedding cake which beautifully reflected the wedding theme. I would highly recommend The Carltun as the food was delicious, service was exceptional and most of all Chef Rodrigo and Stefan were a real joy to work with as they both love what they are doing. I cannot wait to work with them in the future!

Sent on 01/06/2016

c · Married on 08/08/2015

There is no other place we could have imagined having the wedding we had other than The Carltun. Stefan, Rodrigo & all of their staff made it such a phenomenal day for us. The entire process was such a pleasure for us due to their catering to our every ask and wish. They bent over backwards for all of our requests, and still they came out better than we could have imagined. Our wedding was 200+ people and I can’t count the compliments we got during and after of what a party, how beautiful the place, how nice the staff, and how unbelievable the food was. This is my family’s 3rd wedding at this venue, each wedding 6+ years apart and for good reason- the high standards never change. We would highly recommend The Carltun to every future couple.

Sent on 08/28/2015

Nicole · Married on 05/31/2015

Our wedding this past weekend at the Carltun was spectacular and far exceeded our expectations. From start to finish, they were amazing to work with and their level of service is second to none. We worked with Caryn as our coordinator and Christian was our Matrie D'. They listened to every single detail & request and executed seamlessly. The food was incredibly and the dessert bar is a must have. Highly recommend The Carltun if you want an absolutely perfect wedding day!!

Sent on 06/02/2015

It was a perfect day! Caryn is wonderful! I would highly recommend this venue to anyone.

Sent on 08/26/2014

Michelle · Married on 05/31/2014

Debbie is amazing to work with at the Carltun. She truly met every need and went above and beyond to create the most magical day ever. The food was amazing and the service was second to none.

Sent on 06/12/2014

when we decided to have an intimate wedding we looked at a few places and the Carltun had exactly what we wanted. They were so accommodating and flexible. Caryn was great to work with and at our event the staff & the food was impeccable. Our guests felt the staff was extremely attentive without being overbearing. They followed every direction on the detail we had wanted for our day. It was easy and fabulous. Highly recommend!

Sent on 05/27/2014
  • W

Warren · Married on 06/23/2013

Karen was a perfect planner she made our day a very special memory

Sent on 03/11/2015

Dena · Married on 06/08/2013

I chose the Calrtun for my wedding venue after seeing 12 different locations. The room is gorgeous and has a rich, classy feel. The staff was superb, the food is still talked about by my guests - superb, and everything went off without a hitch thanks to my wonderful bridal attendant who saved the day multiple times! I would recommend the venue to everyone - there are very few places in long island that would compare! It's definitely one of the best!

Sent on 03/10/2015
  • sk9net

Stacey · Married on 05/10/2013

This venue was absolutely breathtaking. As soon as my now husband and our families took a tour we knew it was the perfect place for our May wedding. The rooms were gorgeous and had an elegant feel with lots of character. Working with Caryn was also fantastic. From day 1 she was always available to answer questions or offer advice. My fiance and I were taken care of the entire night of our wedding. Mary Ann, my Bridal attendant was very attentive without being intrusive while Jon the Maitre D made sure everything went smoothly for my now husband and all the guests. We had the ceremony outside overlooking the gorgeous grounds. My husband and I were able to take some time alone in the bridal suite after the ceremony. They had an assortment of food from the cocktail hour for us to have in private. The food was AMAZING!!!. If you are looking for a romantic and whimsical location for your wedding, book the Carltun!

Sent on 05/25/2013

Dawn · Married on 06/27/2009

The Carltun Speaks for itself, so I knew I already picked one of the best places. Now, after they have done my wedding I would say they are by far the best. The place, the staff, the food, every detail was superb . Each and every single person who worked with us on planning and the day of made us feel very special . Our guests have raved for weeks about our wedding.

Sent on 07/15/2009

Julia · Married on 11/04/2007

The Carltun is simply breathtaking. With its beautiful lush grounds and lovely reception rooms, I knew immediately I wanted to have my wedding here. The food was excellent and the staff very courteous and professional. Everyone talked about our wedding for weeks and months after it was over. We are so thrilled we chose The Carltun and highly recommend to any couple looking for elegance, quality of food and service and overall excellency!

Julia and Nick M.
    11/04/2007

Sent on 11/05/2008

Jessica · Married on 10/28/2007

My husband and I got married in October of 2007. We got married on a sunday afternoon and it was beautiful! We had our ceremony outside with the view of the stunning grounds, the party in the ballroom and the after party in the cigar bar. This party is still talked about with rave reviews by all my guests. As a bride I fell in love with the bridal suite with the gorgeous mirror. The food was great and the day ran smoothly. I found the staff great to work with leading up to the big day and they did not disappoint on the day of the wedding. Not to mention all the beautiful photos we have. From the stairs, to the grounds, to the ballroom, the Carltun is a beautiful, magical place. They delivered one of the most beautiful, memorable days of my life.

Sent on 11/15/2010