500 Montauk Highway, Oakdale, NY 11769 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Real Weddings 2

About Bourne Mansion

Bourne Mansion is a historic wedding venue located on Long Island in Oakdale, New York. This Vanderbilt mansion is a turn-of-the-century work of art that offers couples and their guests gorgeous views of the 205-acre property. You can exchange your vows on their breathtaking lawn, then dance the night away in their Grand Ballroom. Bourne Mansion, a Lessing’s Hospitality Group venue, prides themselves on their manicured gardens, amazing cuisine, and impeccable service.

Facilities and Capacity

Couples can accommodate up to 1,000 guests at this luxurious, private estate. You can say your “I do’s” on their great lawn which overlooks the Great South Bay. As you and your partner take unforgettable pictures around their spacious property, your guests can sip delicious cocktails in their beautiful courtyard patio, featuring stately columns. For your reception, you and your loved ones can celebrate in their Grand Ballroom. This elegant space boasts 40-foot vaulted ceilings, a decorative glass dome, crystal lighting sconces, and gilded plasterwork. You can impress your guests with the knowledge that Vanderbilt’s daughter, Consuelo, married the Duke of Marlborough here in 1895.

This full-service venue is only 90 minutes from New York City but feels worlds away. They only host one wedding per day, in order to give you the time and attention you deserve. Each couple will have a mansion coordinator, who will work with you one-on-one from beginning to end to ensure your wedding is everything you dreamed it to be. On the day of your celebration, you’ll also have a personal maitre d’, an attendant, and an event captain to make sure your event flows smoothly from start to finish. Tables, chairs, and linens are included in their rental fee, along with china, glassware, and flatware. There are rooms for you and your wedding party to get ready in, as well as plenty of parking for your guests. Additional services include:

• Cleanup
  • Event rentals
  • Lighting and sound
  • Preferred vendor list
  • Setup
  • Valet
  • Wedding cake

Cuisine

Couples may select from multiple wedding packages, based on their individual tastes, preferences, and budget. Bourne Mansion's talented, in-house culinary team offers elegant buffets, scrumptious stations, mouth-watering plated menus, delicious desserts, and fun late-night snacks. They’re also happy to accommodate any dietary requests you may have, such as creating a kosher meal for you and your guests. Sample stations include:

• Asian station
  • Gourmet mac and cheese station
  • Mediterranean station

Bourne Mansion 6
Bourne Mansion 7

Christina · Married on 06/08/2019

The perfect venue

My now husband and I weren’t sure what we wanted when we started thinking about where we should get married. But after our first meeting with Miriam and touring the Bourne Mansion, we knew we found the place to say our “I do’s”. Miriam over the course of our wedding planning was so, so helpful. She answered all my silly questions, constantly provided me ideas, and was just as invested into every detail as we were. On the week of the wedding, we met with Steven (our maître d’) and boy were we blown away. It was evident that he knew exactly was he was doing, and we knew we were in good hands when it came to our wedding day. No minute went unaccounted for, and it was clear that the day would run smoothly. And sure enough, it did. From start to finish, Steven was by our side - organizing our bridal party/family/guests, grabbing drinks for us through the night, to overseeing all the staff and every other detail imaginable. I also had my bridal attendant, Desiree, who kept me calm and was the perfect helping hand. She was always there to make sure everything went smoothly. We truly felt spoiled. As a whole, the Bourne Mansion was a perfect venue for a dream wedding. I would highly recommend them to anyone. Thank you again for everything!!

Sent on 06/11/2019
    Bourne Mansion 8
  • Jeanine

Jeanine · Married on 04/06/2019

I’ll Always Smile When I Think of The Bourne

Review for Lessing’s Bourne Mansion:

Five stars!

We got married on 4/6/19. I loved the Bourne and I’m very happy I was a Bourne bride. Miriam Aronson and Steve Melita were fabulous and a huge help throughout the process. Katherine is a great bridal attendant as well. Their professionalism, care and attention to detail was nothing short of fabulous. I thank them all and will forever be grateful.

The space is so grand and makes you feel like you’re in a gatsby mansion for sure.

The staff are very organized, and they help you to make sure you have thought about all of the little details as well.

The day of the wedding went very smooth, and I was very happy with that.

I would absolutely get married there all over again, if I had it all to do again. I just wish the reception lasted about 8 more hours. like everyone says, it goes too fast. Some of my fondest memories will be watching all of my loved ones dancing the night away in that grand ballroom. Oh, that ballroom.

The food was excellent and everyone said so. Get the short ribs!

We had them make egg sandwiches for everyone on the way out and everyone raves about them. I was told a number of times it was the best wedding they’ve ever been to and that tickled me for sure 😊

Go Bourne!

Sent on 05/12/2019
    Bourne Mansion 9

Bourne Mansion FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? Yes
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? Yes
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee? Bridal Suite, Chairs, China, Clean Up, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Set Up, Tables
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering? Cake Cutting, Dessert, Server(s)
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer? 1
  • Describe your venue: Banquet Hall, Historic Building, Mansion
  • What event services do you offer? Event Rentals, Lighting / Sound
  • What catering services do you offer? Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations
  • What bar services do you provide? Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Wine
  • What event items are available? Chairs
  • What food and beverage items are available? Linens
  • What months are included in your peak season? March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October
  • What months are included in your off-peak season? January, February, November, December

Real Weddings