Bourne Mansion

Up to 300 guests

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$15k - $23k For 100 Guests
Up to 300 guests

Bourne Mansion is a historic wedding venue in Oakdale, New York. This spectacular Vanderbilt mansion is a turn-of-the-century work of art, situated amidst 205 acres of picturesque grounds. The mansion is part of Lessing’s Hospitality Group. They're carrying on a proud tradition of excellence, and they invite you and your guests to enjoy impeccable service and a celebration you'll never forget.

Facilities and Capacity

Bourne Mansion can accommodate up to 1,000 guests. You can exchange your vows on the great lawn overlooking the Great South Bay. Your guests can then sip delicious cocktails on the lovely courtyard patio while you and your spouse pose for those all-important wedding portraits. You and your guests can then make your way to the Grand Ballroom for your reception. This elegant space boasts 40-foot vaulted ceilings, a decorative glass dome, crystal lighting sconces, and gilded plasterwork.

Bourne Mansion hosts no more than one wedding per day, so you can book with confidence, knowing that you and your party will receive all the time and attention that your special day deserves. The mansion's wedding coordinator will work with you one-on-one to ensure that everything is just the way you want it. Whatever your needs, you can count on them to be there for you every step of the way. A maître d', an attendant, and an event captain will also be on hand on the day of your celebration to make sure that your celebration runs smoothly from start to finish. Tables, chairs, and linens are included in their rental fee, along with china, glassware, and flatware. Bourne Mansion's talented in-house culinary team offers an array of mouthwatering menu items to choose from, and they’re happy to accommodate any special dietary requirements you may have.

Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?

Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?

Which of the following are included in starting site fee?

Bridal Suite
Linens
Parking
Set Up
Tables

Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering?

Cake Cutting
Dessert
Server(s)

Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service?

Bartender(s)

What is the maximum capacity of your venue?

How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?

Describe your venue:

Banquet Hall
Historic Building
Mansion

What kind of settings are available?

Indoor
Covered Outdoor
Uncovered Outdoor

Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?

Ceremony
Reception

What event services do you offer?

Event Rentals
Lighting / Sound

What catering services do you offer?

Buffet
Cocktail Reception
Dessert
Outside Cake
Plated
Server(s)
Stations

What bar services do you provide?

Bartender(s)
Open Bar
Premium Liquor
Signature Drink
Specialty Wine

What event items are available?

Chairs

What food and beverage items are available?

Linens

What transportation and access is available?

Parking
Valet
Wheelchair Access

What months are included in your peak season?

March
April
May
June
July
August
September
October

What months are included in your off-peak season?

January

4.9 out of 5 rating
    4.9 out of 5 rating

Chris Married on 10/27/2022

Beautiful Venue and an Exceptional Team

I got married on 10/27/2022 to my best friend! The venue is gorgeous but one of the biggest reasons my now-husband and I chose to have our wedding at Bourne was thanks to Miriam. She was our initial point of contact and was so responsive and worked with us on making sure we could have the wedding of our dreams. She was helpful, provided realistic advice, and accommodating with our requests. The day of coordinator we had was Steve -- he was on point the entire night. We met with him the day before our wedding to go over our wedding timeline, and we were anxious that there wasn't enough time but Steve made sure we felt comfortable and he made sure that our wedding day went as smoothly as possible! Steve was timely, gathered and directed people accordingly, and made sure that my husband and I were happy! A big thank you to those superstars! For those interested in the food --- my guests were very impressed with cocktail hour and the dinner entrees my husband and I had were absolutely delicious (I had the Braised Short Rib and my husband had the Bourbon Maple Salmon)! One tip for foodie couples -- you might not be able to enjoy cocktail hour in the midst of photos and entertaining your guests so Steve will have a plate of cocktail food in the bridal suite ready for you BUT if you're like me, and you still aren't able to have a moment to enjoy the food -- ask him to pack it up for you to enjoy when you return to the hotel!! Sadly my husband and I asked too late so the food had already been cleared, but if tasting cocktail hour food is important -- definitely ask for it to get packed!
  • O
    Orlando R. Married on 06/11/2022

The best wedding

I knew from the second I walked into the Bourne Mansion that we had to have our wedding there. The rooms are STUNNING - every room has a different feel to it and it makes the whole place so unique.

We were lucky enough to have the ceremony outside, which I was dying for. The weather was perfect, the backyard is picturesque and beautiful. They go above and beyond keeping the gardens immaculate.

The staff was also AMAZING! Miriam could tell how much I loved the place and every conversation I had with her just made me more and more excited for the big day. Steve took over during our week of planning, and made my fiancé and I feel so secure. He is the kindest drill sergeant you could ever meet, and was exactly what this nervous bride wanted! Every text and email was answered so promptly, even the ones that came after the wedding about a forgotten pair of suit pants :) The staff was great as well, and the FOOD. Every guest commented on how delicious everything was. It's two days after our wedding and we're still finishing up our extra entrees :)

I cannot recommend the Bourne Mansion enough. I absolutely loved our day and am crossing my fingers that we can attend a wedding there in the near future!
  • Priscilla
    Priscilla C. Married on 05/11/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Incredible Venue with Phenomenal Staff!

The Bourne Mansion is incredible in every way! When my fiancé and I chose the Bourne, we did so because of their beauty, presentation, and historical old world charm that is truly unique and one of a kind! Never in a million years did we imagine that our wedding which was scheduled for March 27, 2020 would end up being postponed due to Covid19. As you can imagine, this was an extremely difficult and anxious time. Despite this set of circumstances which were completely out of our control, Miriam Aronson and the phenomenal staff at the Bourne mansion, went above and beyond for us in our team of need! They were immediately responsive and miraculously did everything in their power to seamlessly arrange our new wedding date. Most importantly, they set all of our worries and concerns at ease. There are no words that can describe how truly grateful we are to the Bourne Mansion.
  • illustration stars

82 photos · 01/28/2018
Matthew & Marie
14 photos · 01/24/2015

illustration visit

Would you like to visit?

Request a visit
500 Montauk Highway Oakdale, NY, 11769
Location of (Bourne Mansion)

Bourne Mansion frequently asked questions

What items and services are included in the starting site fee at Bourne Mansion?

Bourne Mansion includes the following items and services for wedding events in its starting site fee:
  • Bridal Suite
  • Linens
  • Parking
  • Set Up
  • Tables

At Bourne Mansion, what items and services related to wedding catering are included in the cost?

Bourne Mansion includes the following items and services in its wedding catering costs:
  • Cake Cutting
  • Dessert
  • Server(s)

At Bourne Mansion, what does the bar service starting price include?

The bar service starting price at Bourne Mansion includes:
  • Bartender(s)

What are the most important characteristics of Bourne Mansion in terms of venue type, style and location?

The space offered by Bourne Mansion for wedding events is known for:
  • Banquet Hall
  • Historic Building
  • Mansion

What kind of indoor/outdoor options are available at Bourne Mansion for wedding events?

Bourne Mansion offers the following indoor/outdoor options for weddings:
  • Indoor
  • Covered Outdoor
  • Uncovered Outdoor

What kind of wedding events does Bourne Mansion offer?

Bourne Mansion offers the following types of wedding events:
  • Ceremony
  • Reception

What services does Bourne Mansion offer for wedding events?

Bourne Mansion offers the following services for wedding events:
  • Event Rentals
  • Lighting / Sound

What furniture and decorations does Bourne Mansion have available for wedding events?

Bourne Mansion offers the following furniture and decor items for weddings:
  • Chairs

What percentage of users recommend Bourne Mansion and which are the most valued aspects of their wedding services?

Bourne Mansion is recommended by 96% of couples who have used their services. Their overall rating is 4.8 out of 5 with the following breakdown: 4.9 in quality of service, 4.9 in value, 4.8 in average response time, 4.8 in flexibility and 4.8 in professionalism.

Other vendors in Long Island for your wedding