42 Reviews for Bourne Mansion

Indoor (4)
Event Rentals (2)
Covered Outdoor (1)
42 Bourne Mansion Reviews

The perfect wedding day. The staff at Bourne Mansion went above and beyond to make sure our wedding was unforgettable. Every guest was taken care of and had an amazing time. The food was delicious. The staff was professional and responsive. We loved working with Miriam, Steve, and Jake throughout the process. The venue is breathtaking with so many great locations for scenic photos. Our wedding day was perfect and we are so thankful to the staff at Bourne Mansion for making it happen.

Profile Picture Steffen, 5/27/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Spectacular! It's the best word to describe our daughter's wedding at Bourne Mansion last weekend. The venue is beyond beautiful, and the wedding planning was perfectly organized by Miriam, who is amazing in every possible way. The wedding day was carefully orchestrated by the most expert and professional team, led by Steve, who will ensure your day is as beautiful as you planned it with Miriam. We wanted the most beautiful, elegant wedding for our daughter and her betrothed, and our dreams came true. I am so happy we chose Bourne Mansion - thank you Miriam and Steve!

Profile Picture Lori , 5/5/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding was April 27th and we are still on a wedding high. We could not have chosen a more perfect venue, and the staff completely blew us away with their professionalism and service I'm still obsessed with our venue! We love it there it is beyond gorgeous both inside and out. I attended almost every bridal showcase there even after booking our wedding and I could not stay away lol.

The food was amazing, guests are still talking about the food - even my father - who is EXTREMELY hard to please when it comes to fine dining he has VERY high expectations (the man knows what he wants).

Miriam, Steve, and Katherine are a dream team. From the beginning I loved working with Miriam. She was responsive (would answer my emails or questions almost immediately), she was kind, and most important - she was honest. She priced out an estimated cost of what all of our vendors should amount to - she was spot on and we used this as a guide in planning and booking all of the services. She consistently sent us updated contracts whenever we made payments and she kept me calm throughout the entire process, but when I found out that she would not be around for our wedding as her own son was getting married that same weekend...I slightly panicked. BUT in steps Steve and Katherine - who were rockstars! We formally met Steve only a few days before the wedding and after that meeting we were confident in his abilities. Steve knows the Bourne inside and out. He ran our wedding and kept everything on track for us and our guests without stressing us out or without making us feel like we were pulled in all directions.

I would recommend this venue to anyone looking to have the most memorable wedding. A day we will never forget and a venue/staff team we will always cherish!

Profile Picture Amanda, 4/27/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We got married at the Bourne Mansion back in June, and our special day was more than we could have asked for! My husband and I didn't want to get married in your typical catering hall, so the Bourne Mansion was a great choice since it is an incredibly beautiful and unique mansion, but with all the amenities of a catering hall. Miriam was a pleasure to work with from the start, and Steve was great to deal with leading up to the day of our wedding. They are incredibly professional and made sure as much as possible was done beforehand to make our day go off without a hitch. Jake was our maitre-d' and he was fantastic. He was on top of everything the day of, made sure everything went smoothly, and most importantly, made sure myself and my husband had stuff to eat and drink. The bridal attendant was great, as well as the entire rest of the staff. All of our guests raved about what an amazing time they had, and how great the quality of service they received from the staff was. We couldn't have imagined a more perfect day.

Profile Picture Rachel, 6/11/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Absolutely extraordinary! Never in my life did I expect to have my wedding at such an exquisite place!! We had our wedding the Mansion this past weekend and I am still living in a fairytale thinking about the memories. From the patience and precision of Steve our Maitre D, to the care, thoughtfulness and understanding shown by the venue director Miriam, we were treated like absolute royalty. I highly recommend this venue to anyone looking for a stand-out affair.

Profile Picture Kathleen, 3/4/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Linens, Chairs, Outside Cake, Lighting/Sound

Elegant, beautiful and incredible! Best decision we made was to choose Bourne Mansion as our venue. From booking the date, to the actual wedding day - the process was seamless due to the amazing staff on hand. Miriam was constantly at my beck and call whenever I had 100 wedding questions for her. She always was polite and very helpful!!! (THANK YOU!) The day of our wedding, we had Steve as our maitre'd. He kept everything organized and ran a tight ship. Him and his staff made sure we were eating, drinking and were happy. ( You are the best, Steve!) They go above and beyond- not to mention, the food is impeccable. The mansion was perfect for our winter wedding!

Profile Picture Maria, 12/4/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Outside Cake, Lighting/Sound, Chairs, Linens, Indoor

If you haven't seen Bourne Mansion in person you need to go there now!! It captivated me from the moment we walked through the door. The mansion speaks for itself once you go there and see it is absolutely stunning. It creates a coziness for your guests at cocktail hour and then grandness as you enter the ballroom. I was slightly concerned about the price our wedding would be but it is absolutely true you get what you pay for. Steve, the maitre'd and Miriam took care of us in the most amazing ways. Miriam answered all questions about weddings even if not relevant to Bourne specific details. Steve provided us with a timeline for our event, was reassuring in my times of nervousness, and made sure we and all of our guests were well taken care of. He personally added flowers to my cake that I had settled not to include because they would have had to be brought to the bakery the week of the wedding and made it perfectly what I had wanted. At the end of the night the entire dance floor was chanting his name as he encouraged our DJ to keep the party going a few extra minutes. I could never thank him, Miriam, Nicolette, and all the staff at Bourne for making my wedding the most wonderful day. This is by far the best kept secret wedding venue on Long Island!!!!

Profile Picture Colleen, 11/19/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Have your wedding here. If you're thinking about it, just do it. The place is gorgeous, the food is delicious, and the staff is out of this world. Seriously, the place is under-priced for what the staff gives you. Miriam is all class, as well as accessible and kind, and Steve will not settle for anything less than perfection on his watch. It was incredible. After we booked, an older friend who had had their wedding here ten years earlier told me "70% of your guests will tell you it was the best wedding they've ever been too." I think the percentage is something like 80 - 90% right now.

I was scared that my wedding was going to be a big mess, since my husband serves in the military and we are stationed out of state, necessitating that I plan this wedding from afar nearly all by myself. There were definitely some things I missed, but the staff filled them in seamlessly and really took care of us. I had forgotten to get a card box, and one was brought out for our use that matched our colors! I also misread and thought my wedding topper had to be dropped off at the bakery (it definitely should not be), and the bakery misplaced it, unknown to me. When we walked into the ballroom before the reception started, Steve asked if I wanted flowers on the cake since I didn't have a cake topper. I told him I had dropped one off at the bakery, but it wasn't a big deal if it was lost. That wouldn't do for Steve -- he called the owner of the bakery and had HIM drive around the island to the bakery's locations looking for my missing cake topper. It was on the cake when it was time to cut it. This act still floors me.

I'm leaving this review out of a deep gratitude for the way the staff at Bourne made our day one of the most beautiful of our lives. It has the best food, beautiful location, and a stunning mansion -- but what you're really going to notice during your wedding planning and the day of the wedding is the people. Bourne Mansion is the best on all fronts.

Profile Picture Michelle, 11/12/16, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Chairs, Lighting/Sound, Outside Cake, Linens

I had my wedding at the Bourne this past Saturday and I can't say enough of wonderful things. It was the best day ever! Working with Miriam leading up to the wedding was such a great experience. She made the vision of my fairytale wedding come to life and even surprise me with how amazing it was in person! She answered any question I had quickly and was full of knowledge. The day of my wedding working with Steve and his team was a great experience as well. They went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect for not only myself but my bridal party and family. The food was so delicious, the mansion was stunning.. It really was a dream come true. I highly recommend booking your event at the Bourne Mansion!

Profile Picture BobbieAnn, 10/8/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My wife and I had our wedding reception at Bourne Mansion a few weeks ago and we could not have been happier with how it went. We booked the venue in March of 2014 and worked with Miriam up until about a week before the wedding. Miriam was so sweet and so helpful. Whenever we had questions, she was very responsive, and she brought lots of little details to our attention that we never would have thought of. She had so many good suggestions and recommendations, and they were all on point (examples include menu selection, bakery for the wedding cake, writing our seating arrangement on a big mirror, and many more). We enjoyed working with her so much that we were sad to be passed on to Steve, but that did not last long at all, as Steve was equally awesome. He was extremely detail-oriented and made sure everything ran smoothly the day of our wedding. We had a decently large wedding party (18 counting my wife and I) and he did a great job of getting everyone on the same page and making sure everyone knew what was going on in terms of where to put their overnight bags, wedding party introductions, etc. Aside from the logistics, he was just plain fun. For example, every time I was out on the dance floor and my champagne glass was empty, he appeared out of no where with a refill. He just made everything so easy for us so that we could focus on having a good time. I honestly have zero complaints - the food was outstanding, the service was phenomenal, and there were no hiccups whatsoever. We loved everything about Bourne Mansion, Miriam, and Steve, and would definitely recommend them to anyone getting married in the near future.

Profile Picture Al, 7/8/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

Both Steve and Miriam were helpful throughout the whole planning process and keeping us on target on our wedding day. The service, food, and venue was outstanding. We had a large wedding and Steve really helped make sure we saw all of our guests and enjoyed every second of our amazing wedding. I would absolutely recommend Lessing's and the Bourne Mansion.

Profile Picture Kate , 6/17/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Chairs, Linens, Uncovered Outdoor, Outside Cake, Lighting/Sound

We fell in love with Bourne Mansion during our first walkthrough, and booked almost a year and a half in advance for our June 2016 wedding. As the months ticked by, Miriam from Bourne was always very responsive to my emails asking questions about anything and everything, helpful with figuring out the details, and giving advice about vendors as well.
The week before the wedding we met with Steven who manages the actual day of the wedding, and he really had everything in line. He runs a tight ship, for good reason, because on the day of our wedding whenever anything needed to be managed, Steven was right there to take care of it. When our band began playing my father daughter dance song in the middle of a regular dancing set, he sprinted over and told them to quickly change the song, saving some awkwardness for us if they had played the same song twice during the night. Throughout our reception he was always there with a fresh champagne and a cold washcloth to cool us down between dancing. We felt so spoiled! Everything on the day of our wedding went exactly as we'd hoped and planned for, in large part due to the execution of the team at Bourne. All of our guests were so impressed by the gorgeous venue, the stunning ceremony outside, the great food during cocktail hour and dinner, and especially the enhancements we'd added on. We chose to add the ballroom lighting, which was beautiful, and have the midnight snack bar, which was probably one of the most popular items during our wedding. Everyone loved it!
On the day of our ceremony it was supposed to rain right when our ceremony was called for, with the forecast becoming more ominous as the day went on. The staff was very flexible, and didn't insist we move it indoors just because of the forecast. We ended up with not one drop of rain, and a beautiful summer evening for our outdoor ceremony. I genuinely appreciated the effort to let us have the outdoor ceremony we were so hoping for. It was a fairytale!

Profile Picture Laura, 6/11/16, 10 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Linens, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Outside Cake, Chairs

We had our wedding at Bourne Mansion on March 12. To say that it was a beautiful experience would not even do it justice!! I knew from the moment I stepped inside the mansion for a bridal showcase that it was the perfect venue for us. The mansion itself is exquisite!! The grounds are spacious and when you arrive, you are taken to another time and place. The team at Bourne Mansion/Lessings made the whole planning process a breeze. We worked primarily with Miriam, who was an absolute pleasure!!! She showed such genuine interest in our wedding. She would give us little pearls of wisdom along the way which we greatly appreciated!! The week before the wedding we met with Steve Melita, the manager and Maitre D. Steve is the man! During that meeting, he put all my worries at ease. He provided us with a timeline for our wedding day, which was extremely helpful. Finally our wedding day arrived, and everything ran smoothly, thanks to Steve and the staff at Bourne Mansion. I can't describe how stunning Bourne Mansion looked that day. I had been there several times before, but to see it all set up was unbelievable, especially the ballroom. Our guests loved being able to roam through the different rooms during cocktail hour. And the food.... the food! The food was absolutely delicious. Steve and the staff made sure our every need was taken care of. He gathered our bridal party together and gave us a run-down of the day, which my husband and I hadn't seen when we were in bridal parties ourselves. I am so grateful for the experience we had at Bourne Mansion. Everyone there went above and beyond to make it a memorable night for us, and they succeeded.

Profile Picture Jillian, 3/12/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Bourne Mansion… WOW! When you drive up you think WOW! When you walk in you think WOW!! When you go to the tasting WOW! When you are the bride and groom and your guest walk in.. again another WOW!! I was the bride and the Matre D Steve and Faye (Bridal Attendant) service again was WOW!! Steve runs a tight ship and kept it everything beyond perfect! We felt like the Queen and King! Anything we wanted we had.. they provided us a huge spread of our own cocktail hour.. and even packed our favorites to go home with along with extra meals and tons and tons of cake!!! If you want the amazing service, the bourne is where it is at!! My guests have been raving about the food and the amazing service!! Nothing is a problem at the bourne!!! Top notch everything!! You want to impress…. The bourne is the answer!!! There is a reason why they are known for being the best!!! I was originally a Milleridge bride and then they had there issues I moved on to the bourne where I dealt with Mariam! She was amazing!! She answered all my questions for about 5 months and was always easy to get ahold of and easy to talk, she gave her opinon and her advice, she was always on point! She knows what she is doing!! Go Bourne! Go Bourne!!! Say WOW have the most amazing day of your life.. the Bourne is the Choice!

Profile Picture Megan, 11/28/15, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Chairs, Lighting/Sound, Outside Cake, Linens

We were so happy to have chosen Bourne Mansion as our wedding venue! We couldn't have asked for a better day. Miriam was super helpful to work with whenever I had questions about details of my wedding. Steve was an awesome Maitre d'! He made sure everything flowed perfectly and made sure we enjoyed every moment.
The outdoor area is perfect. There were plenty of areas on the property for great photos too. We would do it all over again!

Profile Picture Lorrie, 8/23/15, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Linens, Outside Cake, Chairs, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor

We had Steve as our maitre d for the night of our wedding. He went above and beyond to make sure we were not only doing everything that had to be done that night, but enjoying ourselves as well. We were confiden that our guests would have a fantastic night and that the flow of our evening would be seamless in stages hands, and we were not disappointed.

Profile Picture Bridgette, 10/18/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I could not have been happier with Bourne Mansion. Miriam and Ben were great to work with and always got back to me right away with any questions. They were so helpful. And I cannot even begin to explain how WONDERFUL Steve was on the day of the wedding. He made my day so stress free and I had full trust that if I was forgetting to do something he would be right on top of it. I did not have to think about anything. Before I chose to have my reception at Bourne Mansion I attended a wedding there and even as a guest I could see that he was on top of everything. He was so professional and very funny at the same time. The place is gorgeous and the food is great. I could not have asked for more. Thank you so much Steve, Miriam and Ben!

Profile Picture lauren, 4/11/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Bourne Mansion was everything we hoped for and more. The staff was attentive, professional, and thorough. There was no detail overlooked and nothing we wanted for. It seemed as though they would have jumped through hoops had we asked them too. I couldn't be happier with our experience.

Profile Picture Casandra, 2/22/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Bourne Mansion is perhaps one of the most spectacular places that a person could get married. The grounds are beautiful, there is a view of the water, and the mansion is kept up spectacularly. They did a number of updates before my wedding and I was so excited for the changes. They added a few permanent bars, updated the driveway, recarpeted the stairs. The feedback from my guests alone on just how the place looked would have been enough to convince me and my husband that we made the right decision.
The staff is very friendly and helpful. Ben from lessings worked with us on our numbers when we had a large hiccup with some family members. He was absolutely wonderful!
Steve is the Maitre'd and we were worried about him from some previous reviews but whoever said that Steve was not AMAZING was probably crazy. He was so helpful from giving us helpful suggestions about table arrangements, bridal party lineup, and telling us exactly what to do during the wedding. Because who really knows what you're supposed to do. You are in such a daze the day of the wedding you need someone there who's going to tell you where you need to be and when you need to look up at the cameras and smile. He was ABSOLUTELY THE BEST. He even had cold towelettes for us when we would return from the dance floor hot and sweaty!
The bridal attendant was not so wonderful. I had to remind her several times to please get me a drink and she didn't really seem to know what she was doing. I think she was new but Steve automatically stepped in and took over for her without us having to say a word and it was smooth sailing from that point on.
The FOOD was incredible. People were raving about the appetizers and the steak. There was so much food during the cocktail hour that people got confused and thought that was the dinner. I love this place and would do my wedding over in a heartbeat at the Bourne Mansion. I wish I could live there!

Profile Picture Sarah, 7/27/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Cannot say enough about the staff at the Bourne Mansion from the very beginning of planning to the day of the wedding everything was perfect.
I worked with Ben Nierenberg in booking the site and all the details. I did this all long distance and Ben was great. He answered all my calls and made suggestions on additional items that we were having. On the day of the wedding Steve was our maître d and what a pleasure he was. He helped us with seating arrangement and it was perfect. Everything about the Venue and the staff could not have been more perfect. The food was to die for and people are still talking about the Seafood Bar which is well worth it. Everyone like that each table was served all at once a great touch. We had our after party there and it was a perfect ending to a perfect day.
I cannot begin the thank the entire staff for a perfect day on my daughter's wedding!

Profile Picture Carol , 6/21/13, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My wedding was originally booked at another location but due to Hurricane Sandy my wedding was cancelled. Just two weeks before the date I was on the grind to find a new venue. As soon as I heard Bourne had the date open my sorrows turned to joy. I worked with both Miriam and Jason, both of which were wonderful! They really worked with me and made my wedding dreams come true. Bourne is the perfect wedding spot! This isn't the average venue. Most places are "nice" but Bourne is unforgettable. My friends and family are still raving about the wedding to this date. I set the bar high for my newly engaged friends!

If you don't look at Bourne your missing out! While the prices may be higher then you want to spend, you only get married once and you want it to be the most magical day of your life! It's worth the extra money!

Profile Picture Bianca, 11/23/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The staff at Bourne Mansion are nothing but professional. They go above and beyond with their service. I cannot say enough great things about the staff and facility. My wedding was the Friday after Sandy and the night before our wedding they were able to get a generator and had it up and running in time for our ceremony. They did everything they could to ensure the day was perfect. I highly recommend this venue

Profile Picture melissa, 11/2/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I don't even know where to begin...
I guess I should start by saying I literally had the wedding of my dreams. The Bourne Mansion is soooo beautiful and all of our guests are still calling to tell us how amazing this venue was. As soon as I walked in there I knew I had to have it there. The food was phenomenol!!! All the guests said so as well. Plus, my husband and I were given one of each dinner on our menu to take home with us that night so we tried it all and the chicken, filet mignon, and the shrimp and they were all so good. The cookies and pastries I figured would be just "whatever" items for dessert but they were actually gourmet and sooo good!!People raved about the cocktail hour and all the food and the Pretzel stand was a HUGE hit.I'm really not one to write reviews because I feel I rarely see service that goes above and beyond today. But Steve Melita my maitre D and Nicolotte my bridal attendant were amazing. Steve and Nicolette made this night amazing for my husband and I and our families and I could cry just thinking of how wonderful they were.

Profile Picture Kimberly, 9/7/12, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This place is gorgeous. I have been told over and over again by my guests that this was the most beautiful reception they had ever been too. The food, service, and decor was beautiful.

Profile Picture Dorothy, 9/3/12, 5 Reviews