Sands Point Preserve

Port Washington, NY View map Visit website
Up to 250 guests

Up to 250 guests

Sands Point Preserve is a historic wedding venue located in Port Washington, New York. Situated on the grounds of the Guggenheim Estate, the venue is the perfect setting to host your fairytale wedding. A dedicated team of event professionals from CulinArt Group Catering is on hand to bring your wedding dreams to life. The company works tirelessly to provide couples with impeccable customer service and attention to detail, ensuring an unforgettable wedding experience.

Facilities and Capacity

Sands Point Preserve can accommodate up to 350 guests in several indoor and outdoor event spaces. Nestled into idyllic gardens and grounds, the great house was specially designed to complement the opulent Gold Coast era of the early 20th century. Vintage, Tudor-style decors and furnishings embellish the myriad settings sprawled across the property. Hempstead House is an extravagant mansion initially constructed in 1912. It boasts magnificent architectural features, beautiful gardens, and breathtaking views. The Great Lawn is a gorgeous green centerpiece within the estate, making it an ideal spot for lavish outdoor receptions and dinner parties. A rose garden runs adjacent to Hempstead House, overlooking the golden beaches. Couples can enjoy the delightful perfume of over one thousand rose bushes amidst the distinguished water fountains and architecture. The medieval-inspired Castle Gould offers couples a unique event space for their big day, complete with a grand stage, vaulted ceilings, wrought iron chandeliers, and large windows with views of the stunning grounds.

Sands Point Preserve offers all-inclusive wedding packages for couples' showers, engagement parties, ceremonies, cocktail parties, and dinner receptions. Couples may host their special occasions in one of the beautiful settings available at this luxurious estate. Catering and bar packages are available to ensure a seamless flow to the big day, along with in-depth event planning and liability insurance. Venue staff is on-hand all day to assist with every need and to ensure the comfort and happiness of your guests. Additional services include onsite parking and wheelchair access.

Cuisine

At Sands Point Preserve, the talented CulinArt Group Catering Collection can create inventive and festive menus to delight your taste buds. The company offers several dining options for cocktail hours and receptions, ranging from buffets and family-style to French service and plated meals. The experienced culinary team design and freshly prepare dishes using recipes from all over the world.

Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?

$8,500

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?

$8,500

Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?

Which of the following are included in starting site fee?

Bridal Suite
Clean Up
Event Planning
Parking
Set Up

Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering?

Cake Cutting
Dessert
Server(s)

Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service?

Bartender(s)
House Liquor
House Wine
Open Bar

What is the maximum capacity of your venue?

How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?

Describe your venue:

Garden
Historic Building
Mansion
Museum
Park
Waterfront

What kind of settings are available?

Indoor
Covered Outdoor
Uncovered Outdoor

Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?

Ceremony
Reception
Bridal Shower
Engagement Party
Rehearsal Dinner

What event services do you offer?

Bar Services
Catering Services
Clean Up
Event Planner
Get Ready Rooms
Lighting / Sound
Set Up
Wifi

What catering services do you offer?

Buffet
Plated
Server(s)
Stations
Tastings

What bar services do you provide?

Bartender(s)
Premium Liquor
Signature Drink
Specialty Beer
Specialty Wine

What event items are available?

Chairs
Tables

What food and beverage items are available?

Barware
China
Chocolate Fountain
Flatware
Glassware
Linens

What transportation and access is available?

Parking
Wheelchair Access

Nicole B. Married on 09/27/2019

A Living Dream

From the first day I reached out to inquire about possibly having our wedding at the preserve to the moment the doors closed at the end of the night on September 27, 2019, Emily Stepancic, the Special Events Manager. was literally superwoman. It’s not that I didn’t expect greatness when we chose to book with the preserve, but what I got in Emily was more than I could have ever even imagined was possible. Throughout every step of the way, she was ALWAYS available to answer every question or concern I had, big or small, in even less time than what you would consider “a timely manner.” I definitely had my fair share of questions, so she was extremely patient with me, too. If she didn’t have the answer, she would find the answer and I was never disappointed with the response. She always aimed to please. When it came to the day of the wedding, Emily continued to shine. She set up all of our decorations exactly how I envisioned them AND THEN SOME! She was very attentive throughout the day. Even with something as minor as my sister’s necklace breaking, Emily came to the rescue with superglue.

Wedding planning can be an intimidating process, but Emily basically held my hand the entire way so I never felt like I was alone. It was a very personalized experience that I know I would not have gotten anywhere else. Every bride wants to feel like the only princess on their big day and that’s exactly what Emily did for me. That was an awesome feeling. I honestly wish I could clone her and give her to my friends that are planning their weddings elsewhere because working with her truly felt like a gift to me. The preserve must know that they are more than lucky to have her as a part of their team!

As for everything else, the grounds of the preserve set the stage for the most gorgeous pictures we could have asked for. The weather was perfect and the castle-like backdrop stood tall in a bunch of our awesome shots that day. Also, people are still talking about how good the food was, especially at cocktail hour. If you can, I recommend having it in the rose garden. It’s such a romantic atmosphere.

I have not one complaint about what turned out to be the best day ever. If you want to feel like the only girl in the world for just one day, get married at the Sands Point Preserve!
    Hilary Married on 12/01/2018

Perfect in every way!

When we first got engaged, my fiancé and I knew that we wanted to get married at any venue where Moe and his team managed and catered. My sister had gotten married at the Hempstead House 5 years prior and our friends and family were still raving about her wedding. From the food to the venue to every minute detail. In looking around, we felt most at home at the Hempstead House and were excited for Moe and his team to make our wedding dreams come true. I'm a fairly particular person, and I immediately recognized and appreciated Moe's attention to detail. Moe knew just how to bring our own individual personalities shine through every selection and detail. Both Moe and Emily responded to every email and call within an impressively quick timeframe, and always offered to help make everything easier for us and our families. We had plenty of questions (big and small) and they always always aimed to please. Moe lead us through every option and helped us bring in additional ways to really make the night about us. From recommendations on a band and bringing in additional furniture, to the cordial selection for our espresso bar, to the placement of the pool table for our after party, he made everything so special. My husband and I, and our entire family, were really able to relax and soak up every moment of our celebration just by knowing we were in Moe and Emily's hands. Now it has been 2 years since our wedding, and our friends and family still share how memorable our wedding was, not only because of the beautiful venue and delicious food (get the lamp chops!), but also because how seamless everything was that day.

Real Weddings

• Paula & Piotr
    112 photos · 09/15/2018
  • Stephanie & Jonathan
    106 photos · 07/29/2018

127 Middleneck Road Port Washington, NY, 11050
Location of (Sands Point Preserve)

Other vendors in Long Island for your wedding