27 Reviews for Taste of Summer Catering, a Division of David's Catering and Events

4.7
Signature Drink (1)
Specialty Beer (1)
Specialty Wine (1)
16 Taste of Summer Catering, a Division of David's Catering and Events Reviews

Without a doubt, our Best Choice! Wedding meal (grilled steak, chicken, and salmon), roasted potatoes, assortment of grilled vegetables and well as the Mediterranean Hors D’ouevres were mouth-watering delicious! Prepared to perfection with the utmost tenderness! Chef and Servers, absolutely 1st-Rate! Recommend David’s Taste of Summer over any others to date!

Profile Picture Patrick, 4/28/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We had David's Catering host our wedding reception this October. We choose to have an elegant pig roast from the Taste of Summer menu. We selected 6 different passed hors d'oeuvres and a dinner buffet. Everything was wonderful and our guests loved the food. Days and weeks after our wedding we still had guests telling us how good the food was. Xyomie was amazing to work with during the entire process including working at our event!! The staff was great and made our wedding flawless! We will definitely be using them for future events!

Profile Picture Dianna, 10/15/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, Southern, Vegetarian, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Clean Up

David's Catering is EXCELLENT! We used them for our wedding on 9/16/16 at Smolak Farms and everyone RAVED about the food. The staff was extremely professional, the display was beautiful and they did a fabulous job. Xyomie was a pleasure to work with, always available to go over details and was great with food allergies. I couldn't say enough great things about David's Catering and would recommend them to anyone!

Profile Picture Jess, 9/16/16, 3 Reviews
3.6

We use this company for our wedding rehearsal dinner. We hosted a bbq, using Taste of Summer Catering. Liz, the chef at our bbq was extremely friendly and the food was excellent. We did the traditional bbq (hot dogs, hamburgers, grilled chicken). If I was rating her and the food only, I would give 5 stars. The customer service was the only issue. I originally ordered 4 tables (seats 40) but when I had a final guest count, I called and requested an additional table. I received a final quote that included the 5th table. When we returned from rehearsal and guests were arriving, I noticed there were only 4 tables. When I asked Liz, the invoice she had only listed 4 tables. As the bride, I had a million things going on and I was so stressed because we did not have enough seating for guests. I was also racking my brain, wondering if I had forgotten to request the 5th table. After the wedding, I checked my email and I had confirmation email about 5th table. When I emailed Xyomie regarding this, twice, she never responded. I wasn't charged for the table so I was not expecting any money, but an email apologizing for the miscommunication with her staff would have been appreciated. We also ordered a tent, there was a high chance of rain. Unfortunately my husband misjudged our deck size and the tent did not fit. We did not argue about paying for the tent even though they took it back with them and did not use it. (Luckily rain held off) However I feel like Xyomie was angry with us, she was very abrupt with us on the phone when tent did not fit. Again, the experience and food with the staff was lovely, I just feel the customer service on the other end could definitely improve.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture User7134605, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We loved working with Xyomie on the plans for our party (technically not a wedding - a joint 65th birthday party for the two of us - and 23+ years of marriage). Xyomie was so patient and knowledgeable - that made a huge difference in being able to pull this all together and then enjoy it unfolding flawlessly! David's provided a Brazilian Churascu BBQ for 120 and their wait staff for passed hors d-oevres and that bar were fabulous. We will hire them again for our 80th!

Profile Picture George, 7/4/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Bartender(s), Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Latin American, Clean Up, Set Up, Gluten Free, Vegetarian

I can't say enough good things about "Taste of Summer" by David's Catering. We had an outdoor wedding at a large space on a lake. The catering manager came and met with me a couple of weeks before the wedding to view the site and help me plan food, guest tables, DJ, photo booth, etc. locations. Her suggestions were absolutely perfect.

Day of... the staff was professional, helpful, and unfailingly gracious. I think they went above and beyond to make our wedding perfect. The tables were beautifully decorated. And the food, oh, the food... Plentiful, perfectly cooked and so delicious! My guests have not stopped talking about how wonderful the food was. They went back for seconds, and thirds.

I give Taste of Summer a huge "Thumbs Up". You will love them.

Profile Picture Peggy, 8/15/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering

All I can say is WOW! We had our Post-Wedding Reception at Smolak Farms in North Andover and David's was out caterer of choice. Our event was low key and we had a simple menu such as hotdogs and burgers. The Burgers were amazing. Everyone still today cannot stop talking about how delicious they were. Xyomie was who I worked with and her and her staff put on an amazing display and were very nice. I would definitely recommend them and will use them for future events.

Profile Picture Annie, 8/30/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

David's Catering was so easy to work with and completely accommodating (even with our many allergy restrictions)! Xyomie was our main point of contact and she was wonderful, kind, and very helpful. Everyone loved the food at our wedding and we appreciated the stress-free service that they offered. David's was simple, professional, and a fantastic value for the quality! We even received a special thank you for using their services after the wedding! So thoughtful! I definitely recommend this company!

Profile Picture Lee Ann, 9/28/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering

Our event was rehearsal dinner and we couldn't have been more happy with the outcome. Working with Xyomie was a delight! Everything about the event was as discussed...and the food was very delicious!

Profile Picture Marjorie, 9/21/13, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Great food for an outdoor wedding, everyone loved it. (The flank steak and statler chicken breast was amazing!) The staff was helpful and cleaned up after themselves so there was no stress for us. I wish the person we conversed with throughout the planning process had been there the day of, and that the company had provided their own white linens (I dont think blue and white checkered is appropriate for a wedding!). Overall though a great company- I would definitely use them again!

Profile Picture User3938928, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

The event coordinators were fantastic. They were responsive to all inquiries and flexible to adaptations along the way. The event staff were professional and friendly. The food was delicious!

Profile Picture User3940669, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Cake

All our wedding guests raved about the food. It was amazing! Couldn't be a better value. The staff was professional as well and we were more than happy with their service.

Profile Picture User3941037, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Davids Catering made our wedding more than something special. Our guests almost two years later are still raving about the attention to detail, their professionalism and the food. The food was served on tim, very fresh, and the display they created and their staff was just over the top.

Even some of our guests tipped the caterer and the staff and you don't see that too often.

I highly recommend Davids Catering, on time, great food, professional staffing that stays in the shadows while producing an amazing event.

Profile Picture Tony, 9/22/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

David's made our rehearsal dinner ABSOLUTELY perfect they were right on time food was great, we didn't have to worry about any thing. Hollis NH

Profile Picture User3943986, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
2.7

The person we dealt with was not easy to work with. I wanted to work with David personally, as I've done in the past. We think she wanted to plan the whole wedding, and the mistakes made and the food and drink items not provided as promised was blamed on our wedding planner who had no authority over the catering. That was done solely by my daughter and me. It was very disappointing to us. However, the food was fantastic, as usual, and the waitstaff was superb, as usual.

Profile Picture Victoria, 9/3/11, 1 Review
Category: Catering

David's Catering was wonderful for my wedding. Our venue was outdoors and we wanted a backyard/cookout feel. Everyone raved about how delicious the burgers were and the perfect fit for our wedding.

Profile Picture Leah, 7/23/11, 1 Review