Taste of Summer Catering, a Division of David's Catering and Events Reviews

27 | Woburn, MA

27 Reviews for Taste of Summer Catering, a Division of David's Catering and Events

27 Taste of Summer Catering, a Division of David's Catering and Events Reviews

Patrick · Married on 04/28/2018

Without a doubt, our Best Choice! Wedding meal (grilled steak, chicken, and salmon), roasted potatoes, assortment of grilled vegetables and well as the Mediterranean Hors D’ouevres were mouth-watering delicious! Prepared to perfection with the utmost tenderness! Chef and Servers, absolutely 1st-Rate! Recommend David’s Taste of Summer over any others to date!

Dianna · Married on 10/15/2016

We had David's Catering host our wedding reception this October. We choose to have an elegant pig roast from the Taste of Summer menu. We selected 6 different passed hors d'oeuvres and a dinner buffet. Everything was wonderful and our guests loved the food. Days and weeks after our wedding we still had guests telling us how good the food was. Xyomie was amazing to work with during the entire process including working at our event!! The staff was great and made our wedding flawless! We will definitely be using them for future events!

Jess · Married on 09/16/2016

David's Catering is EXCELLENT! We used them for our wedding on 9/16/16 at Smolak Farms and everyone RAVED about the food. The staff was extremely professional, the display was beautiful and they did a fabulous job. Xyomie was a pleasure to work with, always available to go over details and was great with food allergies. I couldn't say enough great things about David's Catering and would recommend them to anyone!

George · Married on 07/04/2016

We loved working with Xyomie on the plans for our party (technically not a wedding - a joint 65th birthday party for the two of us - and 23+ years of marriage). Xyomie was so patient and knowledgeable - that made a huge difference in being able to pull this all together and then enjoy it unfolding flawlessly! David's provided a Brazilian Churascu BBQ for 120 and their wait staff for passed hors d-oevres and that bar were fabulous. We will hire them again for our 80th!

Peggy · Married on 08/15/2015

I can't say enough good things about "Taste of Summer" by David's Catering. We had an outdoor wedding at a large space on a lake. The catering manager came and met with me a couple of weeks before the wedding to view the site and help me plan food, guest tables, DJ, photo booth, etc. locations. Her suggestions were absolutely perfect.

Day of... the staff was professional, helpful, and unfailingly gracious. I think they went above and beyond to make our wedding perfect. The tables were beautifully decorated. And the food, oh, the food... Plentiful, perfectly cooked and so delicious! My guests have not stopped talking about how wonderful the food was. They went back for seconds, and thirds.

I give Taste of Summer a huge "Thumbs Up". You will love them.

All I can say is WOW! We had our Post-Wedding Reception at Smolak Farms in North Andover and David's was out caterer of choice. Our event was low key and we had a simple menu such as hotdogs and burgers. The Burgers were amazing. Everyone still today cannot stop talking about how delicious they were. Xyomie was who I worked with and her and her staff put on an amazing display and were very nice. I would definitely recommend them and will use them for future events.

Lee Ann · Married on 09/28/2013

David's Catering was so easy to work with and completely accommodating (even with our many allergy restrictions)! Xyomie was our main point of contact and she was wonderful, kind, and very helpful. Everyone loved the food at our wedding and we appreciated the stress-free service that they offered. David's was simple, professional, and a fantastic value for the quality! We even received a special thank you for using their services after the wedding! So thoughtful! I definitely recommend this company!

Marjorie · Married on 09/21/2013

Our event was rehearsal dinner and we couldn't have been more happy with the outcome. Working with Xyomie was a delight! Everything about the event was as discussed...and the food was very delicious!

All our wedding guests raved about the food. It was amazing! Couldn't be a better value. The staff was professional as well and we were more than happy with their service.

David's made our rehearsal dinner ABSOLUTELY perfect they were right on time food was great, we didn't have to worry about any thing. Hollis NH

Leah · Married on 07/23/2011

David's Catering was wonderful for my wedding. Our venue was outdoors and we wanted a backyard/cookout feel. Everyone raved about how delicious the burgers were and the perfect fit for our wedding.

Lori · event on: 12/13/2013

I was delighted with my experience with Xyomie and the quality of the food I received for a baby shower and a holiday party. Excellent service, great menu options and tasty food all made for wonderful entertainment opportunities for me and my family. Thank you!

Robert · event on: 12/22/2013

Everything was amazing! The presentation, the food, the timing, the clean up. Just perfect! The dinner party was a great success thanks to you! I will definitely use David's Catering Again and Again!

Thank you for the soup too! Just got it !

Robert C. Reading MA

Michelle · event on: 06/07/2013

I would recommend David's catering The food was delicious and the staff was wonderful. They really were very attentive and professional I actually went to a wedding party a few months ago that was catered by David's catering and it was wonderful

Beth · event on: 11/11/2012

I was so pleased with both the quality of the food and the staff ! i have a Simcha coming up and you are on the short list.

• User3940870 · event on: 07/28/2013

The service of the staff sent to my house was impeccable. The food cooked for my barbecue birthday was delicious. The prices were the best value for the money compared to other caters for the same type of event.

Joe · event on: 08/24/2013

Wonderful food ... excellent service ... very professional

• User4783716 · event on: 05/03/2014

Your entire staff was amazing. This was my two granddaughters Bat Mitzvah at Temple Emanuel, Andover.

• User4785205 · event on: 07/05/2014

Have used davids persoanally and professionally results were awesome and I never have to worry about a thing from setup to cleanup

Donna · event on: 10/04/2014

Very efficient and cooperative, accommodating, hardworking staff. I had a clam bake which everyone thoroughly enjoyed. A tent was set up and the decorations supplied were outstanding. My guests found the staff to be extremely considerate and helpful. The quality and quantity of the food was beyond belief. I highly recommend this type of event for everyone.

• User4917847 · event on: 04/26/2015

David's Catering is Excellent!! The staff is a cut above..extremely professional and willing to go the extra mile to make your event everything you hoped it would be. The food....well, it's to die for! The buffet table was set up so beautiful my guests were taking pictures of it! Everyone commented on how delicious everything was. To be honest I will never take a chance and call another cater for an event. I'll save my time and just call David's.

The event coordinators were fantastic. They were responsive to all inquiries and flexible to adaptations along the way. The event staff were professional and friendly. The food was delicious!

Tony · Married on 09/22/2012

Davids Catering made our wedding more than something special. Our guests almost two years later are still raving about the attention to detail, their professionalism and the food. The food was served on tim, very fresh, and the display they created and their staff was just over the top.

Even some of our guests tipped the caterer and the staff and you don't see that too often.

I highly recommend Davids Catering, on time, great food, professional staffing that stays in the shadows while producing an amazing event.

Great food for an outdoor wedding, everyone loved it. (The flank steak and statler chicken breast was amazing!) The staff was helpful and cleaned up after themselves so there was no stress for us. I wish the person we conversed with throughout the planning process had been there the day of, and that the company had provided their own white linens (I dont think blue and white checkered is appropriate for a wedding!). Overall though a great company- I would definitely use them again!

erin · Married on 08/13/2016

3.6
      2.0
      3.0

We use this company for our wedding rehearsal dinner. We hosted a bbq, using Taste of Summer Catering. Liz, the chef at our bbq was extremely friendly and the food was excellent. We did the traditional bbq (hot dogs, hamburgers, grilled chicken). If I was rating her and the food only, I would give 5 stars. The customer service was the only issue. I originally ordered 4 tables (seats 40) but when I had a final guest count, I called and requested an additional table. I received a final quote that included the 5th table. When we returned from rehearsal and guests were arriving, I noticed there were only 4 tables. When I asked Liz, the invoice she had only listed 4 tables. As the bride, I had a million things going on and I was so stressed because we did not have enough seating for guests. I was also racking my brain, wondering if I had forgotten to request the 5th table. After the wedding, I checked my email and I had confirmation email about 5th table. When I emailed Xyomie regarding this, twice, she never responded. I wasn't charged for the table so I was not expecting any money, but an email apologizing for the miscommunication with her staff would have been appreciated. We also ordered a tent, there was a high chance of rain. Unfortunately my husband misjudged our deck size and the tent did not fit. We did not argue about paying for the tent even though they took it back with them and did not use it. (Luckily rain held off) However I feel like Xyomie was angry with us, she was very abrupt with us on the phone when tent did not fit. Again, the experience and food with the staff was lovely, I just feel the customer service on the other end could definitely improve.

Sent on 08/26/2016

Taste of Summer Catering, a Division of David's Catering and Events's reply:

Erin, Thank you for your kind words in regards to our staff and food at your event. We appreciate our customers taking the time to give us feedback, whether positive or not. We strive to exceed expectations and are regretful that we let you down.