Sensational Paella Catering

Medford, Massachusetts View map Visit website

Sensational Paella Catering is a professional caterer located in Medford, Massachusetts that specializes in authentic paella and other Spanish culinary delights. Their chefs provide a unique, entertaining, and unforgettable experience by cooking mouthwatering creations on-site in an outdoor kitchen on authentic paella grills. From elegant buffet tables to festive lighting and Spanish Flamenco music, Sensational Paella Catering offers a one-of-a-kind cooking show along with delicious food sure to delight your event guests.

Cuisine

Serving the greater New England area and headed by Chef Julian, this caterer provides authentic Spanish paella, tapas and charcuterie for rehearsal dinners, weddings, and other special events. Menu options pair perfectly with wine and chilled sangria, and include entrees such as paella mixta, seafood paella, paella campesina, Cuban-style paella, and vegan paella. If you’re feeling creative, you can also build your own unique paella from a wide selection of vegetables, meats, and seafood.

• Hispanic or Latinx-owned

• Hannah
    Hannah O. Married on 08/20/2021

Best Wedding Dinner!

We knew the menu was something we wanted to be special for our wedding, but after telling our guests we were having Paella, we were nervous we made the wrong choice.

We did NOT. It was absolutely amazing & incredible. The food was absolutely out of this world delicious and the presentation was more than we ever could have imagined!

Thank you so much for making our wedding dinner something that is STILL talked about. Delicious!

Sensational Paella Catering's reply:

Greetings Hannah,

We are all so thankful and grateful for your kind review of the food and service you experience from us at your beautiful wedding. We love and appreciate how guests are amazingly surprised at how Paella is such a big hit at a wedding, it is a part of what helps a wedding be unique and different, along with charcuterie and tapas of course, which also had everyone at your wedding savoring in delight from what I can remember, and I'm glad they are STILL talking about it, that warms my heart.

Thank you again and please stay in touch! Much gratitude, Hannah.
  • Erin
    Erin D. Married on 09/07/2020

Sensational!

When my fiancee and I got engaged we spent a good amount of time looking for a caterer. We knew we wanted the food to wow our guests, be memorable, and to deviate from the standard chicken, or beef. We went to a number of tastings with different companies and were disappointed to find that, for the most part, the food was lack luster. Catering is often the biggest expense of the wedding so we were looking for something that was special and next level. Then one fateful day my mother was showing some relatives the wedding venue that my husband and I were going to get married at and when they stepped out of the car they were instantly struck by the delicious smells of the food that was being prepared for a wedding that day. My mom went over immediately and asked the caterer what they were making and what the company was called and that is how we connected with Sensational Paella.

We went to a private tasting at Julian's house and hired him on the spot. The food was fantastic and the presentation was beautifully laid out. Julian treats you like family and it is obvious that not only is he an incredible cook, but he so clearly loves what he does. He is very personable and chatty and is all about creating an experience for you. He is not a full service caterer, but he works very closely with you and has good insight about rentals and bar service etc. He is very detail oriented and spends a lot of time with you to make sure everything is the way you want it.

Julian also proved to be a dream to work with during a global pandemic. We had to postpone our wedding from May to September because of Covid and Julian was nothing but kind, supportive, and flexible. He worked closely with us to make sure that safety measures were followed while still making the food an event at the wedding.

On our wedding day we had empanadas and charcuterie for appetizers and had three types of paella: Veggie, seafood, and meat for the main course. Then for dessert we did wedding cake (provided separately) and churros. We received so many compliments on the food and the churros were a huge hit! Everything was so perfect from the food, the wait staff, and the table settings. Julian and his team did a stellar job. I could not say enough good things about Sensational Paella.
    We will most certainly be using them again for other events.

Thank you Julian!!!!
  • Lauren
    Lauren S. Married on 07/10/2020

THE caterer to book if you want to wow your guests!

I can't say enough great things about Sensational Paella. From the start we knew we wanted our food to be different than the typical plated wedding meal. I work in the food industry, so it was really important to me that we WOW our 150+ guests with something truly special. When I stumbled across Sensational Paella, I knew we had found exactly that--something truly special. Julian, his wife, and the entire crew treated us like family from start to finish. They always seemed genuinely excited to be working with us, and truly committed to providing a great experience for our guests. On the day of, they did such a phenomenal job of getting everything set up and sticking to our timeline, and I've never seen a faster and more efficient event breakdown -- the hall looked pristine not even 20 minutes after all the guests left. Then, of course there was the food. FREAKING AMAZING. Our guests couldn't stop telling us how amazing the paella was; so many people told us it was the best food they ever had at a wedding, which meant the world to us. There was more than enough paella for all our guests to have as much as they wanted AND for us to still take home three big tray fulls of paella. We opted for four different paellas on our buffet: the paella mixta (meat and seafood), seafood paella, meat paella, and veg paella--which was an awesome selection that naturally catered to guests with food restrictions or allergies without compromising on a great meal. The whole team at Sensational Paella went above and beyond for us, making sure we got a sample of the charcuterie platter all to ourselves, and bringing us plates of food right at the beginning of dinner. They even brought in and stacked all the chairs from our outdoor ceremony during dinner, which was really kind and saved us so much time at the end of the night. I couldn't recommend Sensational Paella more. If you want something unique that will really wow your guests, you cannot possibly go wrong with Julian and his team. Great people and great food.

234 E Border Rd Medford, Massachusetts, 02155
617-285-6968
Location of (Sensational Paella Catering)

Other vendors in Boston for your wedding