Shannon Christopher Photography Reviews

40 | Savannah, GA

40 Reviews for Shannon Christopher Photography

Monelle · Married on 01/06/2018

Shannon was AWESOME from beginning to end! Inspiring, and supportive. He was SO sick on the day of the wedding, and was still an amazing trooper! CanNOT say enough good about him!

Tristan · Married on 03/19/2016

Shannon went above and beyond for us! He captured so many great moments and breathtaking shots. He was so helpful in the planning process, prompt to respond and gets the photos back to you in practically the blink of an eye! I don't even live in the area and am already trying to think of another family event I can book there just to use his services!!!

Jeremy · Married on 11/13/2015

Shannon words can NOT express how thankful we are for how you were able to help me plan my surprise proposal to my now fiancé! THANK YOU!! You=Amazing!! Anyone looking for one awesome dude to capture every moment in the most candid way possible this is the man! We plan on coming out there next year buddy and we will surely be in touch!!

Spring · Married on 10/11/2015

Shannon quickly responded to our inquiry and communicated with us up until the day of the wedding. Shannon was flexible with timing and locations. He was extremely professional and punctual the day of. Shannon made sure our special moments were captured in a manner that looked natural and not posed. Even in difficult lighting conditions (overcast and outdoors), Shannon was able to provide us high quality photos. Shannon offered to meet with us in person prior to the event to discuss our options. After our wedding Shannon thoroughly facilitated our retrieval of photos online. We would highly recommend Shannon to anyone with a need for a photographer in the Savannah area.

Ashtin · Married on 06/04/2015

The photographs from my wedding are breathtaking. Shannon is a quality person and very helpful before, during, and after the wedding. Most importantly, he is able to capture the emotions of the day in a timeless, exquisite way that makes you fall in love with , your significant other all over again just seeing them. His style is pure, classic, and not posed. Each photographer has a style and ideally you want it to match the style that you envision, so if gorgeous, sophisticated elegance is not your style then cool. However, if it is or if you think "OH no! I don't have a style!" then you should most certainly hire Shannon. I could not have been more pleased. Is it too much to say he made all my photography dreams come true?

Amanda · Married on 04/11/2015

My new husband and I are completely in love with Savannah. So when planning our big day, we knew that a Savannah wedding was a must for us. It was very important that our photographer would not only be able to capture our wedding day and our love for each other, but also the essence and beauty of the Savannah that we love so much. Shannon Christopher provided exactly that and we could not be happier! From the moment we contacted Shannon, he was incredibly friendly, flexible and very responsive. On a planning trip to Savannah, we met with him for coffee and immediately felt like he was family. He was very interested in getting to know who we were and what we were looking for. The day of our wedding, he walked though the streets and squares with us taking photos wherever we wanted to stop and the photos turned out amazing. He absolutely hit the mark! Thank you Shannon for providing exactly what we were hoping for. Because of these amazing photos, we will always have beautiful memories of our perfect wedding day in Savannah!

Cassie · Married on 06/21/2014

Shannon came highly recommended by our wedding venue and it is not hard to see why. His work perfectly encapsulated the essence of the occasion which was extremely important since there were many people who were only able to experience our wedding through these images. This is one occasion with which you don't get second chances so it is critical to have someone like Shannon who can bring a wealth of experience and talent to the event.

• Mara

Mara · Married on 04/23/2014

When you take the time and read Shannon's reviews you will realize that everyone, who had the pleasure to work with him loves his amazing work as well as his great personality. My husband and I feel the same way about him.

On our search for a wedding photographer in Savannah, we found a lot of talented vendors but only one stood out - Shannon. He was the one who answered our emails in no time, he even took the time and wrote a long email and not just a short one to introduce himself, which we absolutely appreciated. He met with us in person and took the time out of his day to listen to our wishes and what defines us as a couple.

At the beginning, when we checked out his blog and his homepage, there were a lot of amazing photos but one special picture captured our eyes and it just showed his great artwork. We knew we wanted to work with him.

He captures emotions in a photo like no one else. There is no uncomfortable smiling in the camera or no fake poses - just true, real moments. He smiles at you and tells you "Just play" and "be yourself" and that is what you do :)

Since my husband and I are not from the Savannah area, we had no idea where to get married. Shannon helped us to decide the when, where and how. We could not have pulled off our wedding without him and his helpful advises.

Yesterday we received his pictures and I am being real honest - we LOVE ALL of them. There is no picture that does not look like us (if you know what I mean), we look so happy and in love and this is exactly the result that we imagined to achieve. Needless to say that everyone in our circle of family and friends loves the photos too.

We already told him that he will be our photographer for any upcoming events. Even if we need to travel hours but we will continue to work with him.

If you want to have a passionate, incredibly talented, down to earth and super friendly photographer, then do yourself a favor and give him a call or email him. You will not regret it!

Shannon was our wedding photographer for an intimate wedding on Tybee Island, and he was AMAZING to work with. We chose Shannon because of his extensive portfolio capturing real moments between couples and families, rather than the formal or expected shots so common in weddings these days.

Shannon sat down with us a few weeks before the wedding to get to know my fiancé and I, and we can honestly say that it was the first time in the stressful wedding planning process that we were really excited! Shannon's enthusiasm for our vision made everything seem much more feasible, and we left that meeting thrilled that we had found such a wonderful, down-to-earth photographer to capture our day. Shannon's knowledge of the Tybee area and beach, as well as his recommendations for local vendors, was so incredibly helpful. He helped us schedule the day based on best lighting, suggested locations for the ceremony and photos after, and raised questions such as tide times, which we would never have thought of for ourselves!

The photos Shannon took were phenomenal, and since sharing them with friends and family, we have received nothing but glowing reviews for how beautiful the photos are. Shannon captured our personalities and our love in such a natural, real way, and we could not be happier that we can forever remember our wedding exactly as it was!

Amazing talent combined with a great personality.

• Kris

Kris · Married on 08/24/2013

We hired Shannon Christopher to photograph our small vow renewal at a bed & breakfast in historic Savannah and were just thrilled with every part of the experience. Shannon was attentive, from the beginning, taking time to get to know us. He was familiar with the venue and offered helpful suggestions to help us plan the day. He was also flexible with us when unexpected changes arose.
    On the day of our renewal Shannon went above and beyond, spending as much time with us as we needed to get in requested shots. All of this while making us feel like old friends. No uncomfortable posing, just being yourself in the moment. He was wonderful, and even gave my daughter, who is interested in photography, tips on how to get better shots.
    Oh course, the most important part is the end product and we just love our pictures! They were delivered almost immediately after our event and are just breathtaking! He has an amazing eye and we couldn't be happier with his work!

He was amazing, talented, personal and professional. If I could (and he lived closer) I would have him photograph all of my events. He jumped around like a little leprechaun and was able to get the best pictures. Also, he was so patient with the children, including a fussy two year old. You are a fool if you don’t use him and your wedding pictures will never be as good without him.

• W

Whitney · Married on 03/30/2013

Shannon was amazing. He is so professional and his work is fantastic! He is so easy to work with and is very flexible. My pictures were better than I could have dreamed!!! I would highly recommend him to anyone needing pictures!!!

Lara · Married on 03/23/2013

Beautiful pictures! I selected him not only because his pictures were beautiful but he did not require you to buy a package. Very flexible and responsive. I couldn't be happier

Megan · Married on 01/05/2013

Shannon was wonderful to work with. From the beginning when we met him in a coffee shop in downtown to see some of his work and talk about what we wanted, to the bridal portraits when our plans completely changed due to weather, to the wedding where he helped all of us relax so our pictures showed us glowingly happy. He is a great photographer, with his humor and knowledge of how these things run, he was extremely helpful when we were planning our day and figuring out when to do certain things. Our photos turned out beautifully and everyone has commented on how amazing they are. We received them significantly faster than I ever expected....maybe that's because we got married in January vs. June. I think the only thing we would have changed would have been to have him stay longer during the reception to capture some of those photos. We had a great experience and would highly recommend him to anyone who wants a personalized set of photos where you look natural and not staged.

Malinda · Married on 11/03/2012

Shannon Christopher was hands down, the best of all my vendors I worked with for my wedding. I just simply liked working with him. He was professional, always reachable and prompt with replies- cell and email both. He had an uptodate website with online google payments- all which gave me confidence in him and his services. To be fair, I have not yet received the pictures from my wedding- just 13 days ago. He stated it takes 4-6 weeks, but I'm ok with that. He checked out our wedding venue prior to the wedding day to have ideas for photos. On the wedding day he was on time and helped keep my fiance and I on schedule. After the ceremony, he took us to some spots he'd picked out for photos. Neither my fiance or I are fantastically photogenic or comfortable with posing for photos- but he and his assistant were great at making us laugh and feel at ease. Highly recommend his services!

• Ashley

Ashley · Married on 08/25/2012

We booked Shannon Christopher for our August 25, 2012 wedding in downtown Savannah and we LOVED working with him. He makes having your picture taken fun and enjoyable. He is extremely passionate about his work and it shows in his pictures. I can't even pick a favorite shot from that day because they are all so amazing. Thank you, Shannon, for making our day so enjoyable and capturing our special wedding day moments!

• Shawn

Shawn · Married on 05/19/2012

Do you ever come into contact with someone and know instantaneously that you were meant to work together?!! That's the feeling I got after one conversation with Shannon! He was fantastic and responsive and creative and did a wonderful job at covering everything at our wedding! He also cared...and I mean really CARED about the quality of the work and how we felt during the process! He was definitely one of the best aspects of my wedding day!!

Angie · Married on 04/29/2012

Shannon was so great to work with. He really helped make our wedding day perfect.

Andrea · Married on 03/16/2012

We spent weeks looking for a photographer for our wedding before we found Shannon (and it didn’t help that we were 500 miles away!) There are tons of photographers in Savannah, but one look at Shannon’s work, and we couldn’t sign him up quick enough! He made the whole process easier, from the planning to the day of. My husband and I both appreciated his laidback nature and ability to truly capture the moment. Everyone in the wedding party raved about how professional he was and how comfortable they felt around him. We are THRILLED with how our pictures came out!

Melissa · Married on 11/11/2011

My fiancé and I are from Florida, and had our engagement photos done in Savannah earlier this month. I must say, we were very pleased with Shannon's work, professionalism, and outgoing personality. We were a little nervous at first, but Shannon made us laugh and feel very comfortable throughout the shoot. He took his time to make sure he had shots that he was pleased with, and he didn't seemed rushed to get the session over with. He was very quick to respond to any questions we had leading up to the shoot, and even had the disc with our edited images sent to us within a week. His work is beautiful, and I would definitely recommend him if you're looking for a great photographer!!

Mary · Married on 09/24/2011

Shannon photographed our Rehearsal Dinner and did an absolutely phenomenal job! He has a friendly, personable demeanor and is so noce to work with. On top of that, he helped us out last mintue because I didn't make the decision that I wanted the event photographed until the last minute. In addition, he was INCREDIBLY fast in getting the photos to us (we had them by the time we got back from the honeymoon) and INCREDIBLY professional in all our dealings with him. We had some follow up questions for him and he was extremely prompt in replying.
    I would absolutely recommend him.

Morgan · Married on 06/23/2011

Let me start by dating that planning a wedfing from 600 miles away, outside, at the beach is stressful. To add to that stress, the entire week was beautiful even the wedding day...until about an hour before the ceremony. The skies opened up and it poured the rain. AS a bride ashl you can think about is og my gosh its raining on my wedding!!! When shannon showed up, he immediately came in and brought an optimistic attitude. He brought confidence to the table when we were all running out. He made me feel like a beautiful bride. he reminded me of our engagement shots, which were also taken with shannon in the rain. They were gorgeous! He got everyone together, and the ceremony was preformed in the thunder and lightening in a gazeebo. It turned out perfectly! Shannon took the stress and turned everything around. We got our pictures very quickly, and they were so much more then we could ever imagine. He captured every moment and told the story of one of the most memorable days of our life with such elegance and beauty. We will always consider shanon a friend and cherish the role he played in our wedding. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a photographer for any occasion! You will definately not regret it!

• Z

Kristin · Married on 05/18/2011

Being a fairly camera-shy gal, I imagined a day of awkward moments shared among Shannon, his camera and me, but that isn’t how the day played-out. Being a very calm fellow, Shannon put me at ease, lightening the atmosphere at every turn. We shared many laughs throughout the day. His photos are amazing! They are technically right-on, but most importantly, they capture the essence of the day, and that is what we appreciate most when we look at them. We had a very small wedding, so sharing photos with friends and family who did not attend is how they get to experience the day. They are all amazed, as are we, by his ability to capture intimate moments, as well as the joy felt by everyone throughout the day. Shannon brings creativity and laughter to the table. He was a very welcome addition to our very small wedding party. When you need him, he is there, and when he needs to remain unnoticed, he does. He moves around like an arctic fox, or perhaps a panther, either way, he is stealthy. We are still shocked at how many views/angles he could capture of the same moment; I mean, he is only one man… isn’t he? Shannon spent a lot of time getting to know us during the months leading up to our wedding, so he was well prepared on our wedding day. We will forever be amazed by how much of himself he gave to us, in time and energy, on our special day. If you are in search of a solid photographer (and all-around good dude), contact (and hire) Shannon Christopher, you won’t be disappointed.
    Sshhh… don’t tell:
    Secret 1: He is very, very prompt.
    Secret 2: He will work his butt off for you.
    Shannon, you have our deepest gratitude.

Rachel · Married on 05/14/2011

Shannon was a wonderful photographer, so easy to work with, and made an otherwise crazy day that much easier. I was able to put my confidence in him that he would follow through on everything he promised, and I was not disappointed. He has been prompt with responses throughout the entire process, and in fact, my parents, my in-laws, and my husband and I have all received our wedding albums less than 3 months after the wedding. And, of course, his pictures are FABULOUS. I didn't want the typical engagement pictures, with my hand on my fiance's chest showing off the ring, and Shannon was able to capture wonderful, unique shots. You better book him before he fills your date!