Screaming Broccolli Inc Reviews

15 | Staten Island, NY

15 Reviews for Screaming Broccolli Inc

Amber · Married on 09/16/2017

SCREAMING BROCCOLI was absolutely amazing !! They made our wedding. We had such a great time. Everyone laughed when we would tell them the band name and kept saying “we are gonna Rock with the Brocc at the wedding”. Don’t be afraid of the name !! All our guest raved best band ever at a wedding for weeks. So easy to work with and relaxed vibe. We did the acoustic during cocktail hour (awesome) then rocked the night away with them. The whole band came out to dance and sing with the crowd. We truely had an amazing time and will continue to follow their shows. If you are going to have a band at your wedding/party it has to be them !! Thank you so much ;)

Sent on 12/13/2017

My husband and I wanted a live band for our wedding and were referred by a coworker to Screaming Broccolli. I am SO SO SO happy we heard about them because they totally made our wedding. They did acoustics for an hour and half for our cocktail hour and were amazing. People started dancing during this time and we couldn't get them off the floor for dinner! The dancing after dinner....WOW. The dance floor was PACKED...all night! We got so many compliments from our guests about the band. Mike was great to work with - we met with him in person two weeks before to walk through everything and he made me feel so comfortable with everything going on. There were four band members, 2 crew members for sound/lighting, 2 horns, a women singer, and a DJ who was also the MC. I can't say enough about the entire band and all members! I HIGHLY recommend Screaming Broccilli for any event!

Sent on 07/20/2016

Gina · Married on 07/03/2014

My husband and I were very particular about the kind of music we wanted at our wedding. We didn't want a cookie cutter wedding band and wanted someone who would work well with our casual party atmosphere that night. Screaming Broccolli delivered 110%!!

From our cocktail hour where Mike and Gary wowed our guests with an acoustic set to the non stop dance music from the full band and dj Eric, we could not have been more thrilled. Somehow they managed to mix everything we asked for from old disco to country, rock and current tunes. The dance floor was full all night with guests from age 10 to age 80. We heard at least once from everyone who attended how terrific the band was.

We couldn't give mike and the gang any better recommendation than to say that if we had to do it all again we would have them back.

Sent on 07/16/2014

Screaming broccoli played at my wedding in 2000, long before they were on the wedding circuit. They Were amazing!! Their energy is infectious. If you're looking for entertainment that will have the entire crowd on the floor. (Young and old), this is the group. The lead singer is super engaging, and has a keen ability to read the crowd. They are worth every cent and you will be so glad you booked them. Trust me, they will be the most memorable part of your special day.

Karen · Married on 11/29/2013

I had the privilege of hiring the Screaming Broccoli’s to play my wedding.
    The same energy and excitement that they bring to a stage at one of their shows was what they expressed at our wedding. They had a wide selection of songs that they provided us with ahead of time to choose from. The event was totally tailored to capture my husband and me from being to end. From Biggie Smalls to Sublime to Dropkick Murphy’s…. they had all our favorites!!
    The true highlight of the wedding was when Mike and the guys sang our first dance wedding song, “Nothing Else Matters” by Metallica. They did an amazing job. It really captured who my husband and I are as a couple. It was truly the best part of my wedding.
    They had my entire wedding on the dance floor from the beginning of the night until the end. From my aunts and uncles to my younger cousins, everyone told me what a great band they are and what an amazing time they had.
    I would recommend them for any event! They will ensure all your guests will have a wonderful time!!
    Karen Bennett

Sent on 01/30/2014

I hired Screaming Broccoli for my wedding in Italy. THE KILLED IT!!!! IT WAS THE HIGHLIGHT OF THE WEDDING!!!!

I can go on and on about how on point their music sounds, how awesome their stage presence is, how they got the party going with so much energy people wanted to crowd surf and climb the rafters!!!! BUT what I think REALLY separates these guys is their flexibility and customization of WHATEVER you want.

I originally contacted the Nerds just because they were a band I had known for years. Their offer was very rigid with "2 sets of 45 minutes each." That was it; no negotiation, no nothing.

That wouldn't work for me. I found Screaming Broccoli, met Mike the lead singer. I told him I want a real party from about 9pm to 4am in Italy (yes, til 4 in the morning). There were no questions asked; he said that sounds like the perfect gig and we signed up.

Furthermore, I had told Mike that I really wanted to play 2 songs WITH the band for my wife. Again, the answer was No problem. The band graciously invited me to their recording studio and we jammed!!! They even learned the 2 songs to play with me just for my request.

I told them i want a few rap songs in the mix just for diversification of music and feel. Again, the answer was no problem.

I trusted the band the entire time. They were on time, professional. They actually CARED about my wedding. Everyone is still talking about how awesome our reception was.

Because they were so great, Id be glad to talk to anyone thinking about hiring them. Just contact Mike and mention the wedding at Lake Como. They simply just crushed it. Hire them and you will be extremely happy you did so!!!

Sent on 02/05/2014

These guys can ROCK! Let me start out by saying that I couldn't have imagined what my wedding reception would have been like without Screaming Broccolli, and I wouldn't have changed a thing about having them entertain us and our guests.

First off, the band is made up of the nicest, down to earth group of guys you could possibly meet. They are all very professional and work the crowd so well together. Mike (the lead singer and "man in charge"), is easy-going and gives you exactly what you want. We were able to submit a list of songs that we wanted to hear and a list of songs that we definitely DID NOT want to hear and he put together the most amazing set list. They play everything from classics, 80s, 90s, current hits and even hip hop classics (which are so much fun...perfect when everybody is on the dance floor getting nice and loose). The band made everything seem so easy and left us with no worries whatsoever. They had EVERYONE in the room on the Clark's Landing (Point Pleasant, NJ) dance floor all night long! After you spend all that money on a wedding, seeing your guests having as much of a blast as you are makes everything worth while...and then some. We have Screaming Broccolli to thank for that.

Also, my fiance and I decided at the time that we would like a DJ to play while the band took their short breaks. SB suggested and provided their own DJ, Eric who was absolutely awesome. He was very good and didn't need much direction to understand what we wanted to hear and stuck to any requests that we had. I even requested to change the song in the middle of the dance with my mother from "Stand by Me" to "Gangnam Style" and he transitioned it perfectly and we (along with our guests) went wild. haha

The band was simply amazing, and their performance was second to none. They are DEFINITELY worth every penny and deliver above and beyond. We thank Screaming Broccolli for making our wedding unforgettable for me, my wife, and our guests.

Sent on 02/06/2014

Liz · Married on 06/08/2013

We had Screaming Broccoli at our wedding in June 2013 and it was the best decision and the best money we spent!! We had not only the band but their DJ as well who took care of all the announcements. The band and DJ worked together so seamlessly!!! They are professionals and dealing with professionals makes all the difference with big events like a wedding. We received so many compliments that night on the band and still when people talk to us about the wedding they all mentioned the band and how great they were. Everyone was dancing and having a great time. Screaming Broccoli's energy was contagious and everyone loved it! We knew we were in good hands after hiring them, but they still managed to exceed our expectations. Absolutely incredible and a class act all the way! I couldn't think of better entertainment for such an important day! My only complaint is that my feet hurt at the end of the night from dancing too much! - they truly made my wedding unforgettable!

Samantha · Married on 10/28/2012

My husband and i recently got married and hired Screaming Broccoli to play at our wedding. The whole experience was amazing they are pure professionals. Their energy, attitude and over all personality was awesome. Mike was extremely helpful and open minded for anything that my husband and i suggested. Mike played every song we requested and added some awesome classics to it as well. The DJ followed with popular beats keeping all of our guests on there feet.
    Their diversity of music was perfect.

My husband and i got married Oct 28 2012, the day before hurricane sandy... we were in a state of emergency. Mike and his band made it to the venue with no complaints or questions even though their family and friends were being evacuated from there homes in staten island and long island.

In the end it was an amazing night that my family and friends will never forget.
    Thanks to Screaming Broccolli for making the night complete.

Sent on 02/26/2014

john · Married on 10/06/2012

screaming broccoli did and amazing job at our wedding. we knew we made the right decision from the first time we met with mike. From that first visit until the end of our wedding reception he went above and beyond in every aspect . The music selection at the wedding could not have been any better. We had people calling and talking to us about how great screaming broccoli was for months after the wedding. We look forward to having them again at a future event if possible. I consider Mike a good friend after this experience and would recommend having them at any event you might be planning.

Sent on 03/02/2014

Dominick · Married on 08/04/2012

First off from seeing this band even before our wedding, they rock and draw a crowd where ever they play. All my music from start to finish was supplied by screaming broccolli. From the violinist that played during the ceremony and cocktail hour to the dj and of course themselves(the live music). Which by the way most of my guests could not tell the live music from the dj, which speaks volumes for a live band. They know how to get a crowd up, the dance floor was packed constantly. This is what you pay for, for people to have a good time and get up and dance and party. This is exactly what they do and worth every penny spent and then some.
    Process was painless from start to finish, Mike was in touch with me from the start, until the day of the wedding making sure the kind of music would be exactly what we wanted. We only had a couple of songs that we wanted played, the rest I just told him what kind of music and let the band have a good time with it and do what they do best, and it could not have worked out any better.
    If you are looking for a live band, I highly suggest you take a good look at this one. Or if they are playing somewhere near you, go out and see them. You will not be disappointed. I still have people tell me it was one of the best weddings they have been to. And the music and the interaction between the band and the crowd was such a big part of making the day a truly great celebration for us and everyone else.

Sent on 02/06/2014

Screaming Broccoli absolutely rocks and has proved it over and over again for many many years! I highly recommend this extremely versatile band for your wedding.. Lead singer Michael has star quality and a magnetic personality and the voice to go along with it. The band is so talented and dynamic!

Sent on 06/11/2014

Leanora · Married on 06/04/2011

We had our wedding 3 years ago in June and we used Screaming Broccolli (The Broc Band) for our big day. We were so happy with the performance of the band and all of our guests were really impressed. Some have used the band for their own events such as a surprise 40th birthday party and a July 4th party as well. People are still talking about the great time that was had at our wedding.
    When we started to deal with Mike, the band leader, we were surprised at how easy going and flexible he was. He really helped during this normally stressful planning period to ease our tensions and make us feel really at ease about our entertainment for the wedding. We also used the DJ that can be included in the packages offered and their are many options to choose from. Another great aspect was the price. For all that he offered us, the price was relatively reasonable compared to other bands we had considered. That was really helpful because although we had a healthy budget, that allowed savings allowed us to add a wine steward and an Ice/martini bar to our reception.
    The band and DJ flowed seamlessly and they created an awesome party for us. We didn't even stop to cut the cake! We just dance over and posed for a few pictures and the party went on. Our dance floor was rarely empty and our guests all had a great time. Our friends are still raving that our wedding was the best ever and it truly was for us too! The band also worked with us when we were able to extend our time and our guests were even ready to contribute!
    We would absolutely recommend using Screaming Broccolli again for our future events big and small and have enjoyed seeing them at our friends events since. They have so much to offer and they make any event fun and memorable!

Sent on 06/11/2014
  • I

Italian · Married on 08/07/2010

It's difficult to add to what the other reviewers have already said. This band really is that good.

We had Screaming Broccolli play at our 2010 wedding on the Amalfi Coast in Italy. Having heard them several times before I already knew they were an amazingly talented band with incredible range, but they managed to out-perform even my already high expectations.

Like the other wedding in Italy we also asked them to play beyond the usual two 45-minute sets that most other bands limit you to. Without even blinking they agreed to play multiple sets all night, not calling it quits until 5:00 a.m.

You also cannot over emphasize the appeal these guys have -- our wedding guests were not just from all the U.S., but from all over the world -- Italy, Israel, France -- and everyone loved them. Everyone. They literally had an entire town dancing.

Bottom line -- I've been to a lot of wedding and heard a lot of wedding and cover bands. A lot. I've never, ever heard a band better than Screaming Broccolli.

If you're looking for a wedding band, you've found them. I promise you will not only happy -- you will be grateful.

Sent on 02/18/2014

kristi · event on: 12/02/2013

SCREAMING BROCCOLLI PLAYED AT MY ENGAGEMENT PARTY IN 2001. THEY ARE AN INCREDIBLE BAND , AND I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM FOR ANY PARTY!

Sent on 06/17/2014