Reed & Lee Reviews

42 | Bozeman, MT

42 Reviews for Reed & Lee

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Lyndsay · Married on 09/03/2016

I first met Reed & Lee when I was trying to plan my wedding in Montana from California. I am, admittedly, not a great planner and being very visual, it became difficult to make sure I was making the right choices for EVERYTHING from afar. I called a few planners without a real "connection" being made. Some were too expensive, some less responsive than I needed. I got the chance to talk to Abby right as I was about to concede to possibly changing wedding locations.
    Abby is very down to Earth and her planning experience is noticeable from the start. She quoted up front pricing and reassured me that she would make this experience far easier on myself and my fiance. She more than stood by her word on that. Abby has built strong relationships in the wedding and planning industry so getting what you need is as easy as her providing a list and you evaluating per your own vision. Once she gets that sense, things become even easier.
    Abby is a hard worker, creative and supportive person and she works with others of the same caliber. My wedding day was pulled of as if the Reed & Lee team were an extension of my own vision. As Abby got to know my fiance and I better, she pulled off the day of our dreams and it was really a privilege to work with her and her team! Its hard to truly thank a person who did such a thing so I feel this review is a minimum to that. Brides to be- you cannot go wrong with Reed & Lee! I stand behind this!

Sent on 11/11/2016

Sarah · Married on 07/30/2016

The whole Reed and Lee team are absolutely amazing! I worked with Abby for almost 8 months on my wedding. She responded to all my emails, calls, and texts in a super timley mannor. I was a bride that needed help with literally everything from planning, decorations, flowers, vendors, seriously the whole works and the team hit the nail on the head. The day went so smooth they handled everything for me from making sure everything was where it was supposed to, to making sure I always had everything that I needed. I can not thank the team enough for making my wedding day absolutely perfect and as stress free as a bride can be! HIGHLY RECCOMEND them to anyone and everyone!

Sent on 08/01/2016

Lakotah · Married on 07/09/2016

Abby was amazing. She took our ideas and really pulled something together that was amazing. We couldn't have done it without her and our guests noticed all the little details she planned to perfection. Thanks Abby!

Sent on 07/20/2016

Katie · Married on 09/05/2015

Abby Turner and Abbey Lee Cook with Icing on the Cake were amazing to work with! From the very first meeting to the clean up the day after the wedding they were on top of everything. We had a perfect wedding night and I owe so much of that to them. The whole day ran smoothly and the venue looked amazing. The decorations they came up with were perfect and what I had been envisioning the whole time. Their expertise and assistance is invaluable! I am very thankful that they were there to keep everything running smoothly, it really allowed for my husband and I to enjoy the best night of our lives!
    Thanks again ladies!!

Sent on 09/11/2015

Abby Turner was our Day of Coordinator for my daughter's wedding in Seattle. She was Great! There was a huge storm in Seattle the day before and we had no power at our home which caused me to be a little backed up on the day of. Thanks to Abby everything went off wiithout any issues (as far as I know!) and I didn't stress about being late because I knew she was there keeping it all together. She stayed in touch leading up to the day and communicated regularly with us and our vendors. She was organized and thorough-covered everything-so many things we hadn't really thought about. She was there for the rehearsal and through the entire day of the wedding. AWESOME!

Sent on 09/10/2015

Louisa · Married on 08/08/2015

Abby was absolutely amazing! From when we first met with her for coffee to after the wedding, she has covered all the details and the things I never thought of. She had the most creative ideas and helped bring my vision to life. I seriously think she might be a saint! Abby was so wonderful the weekend of the wedding. She ran the events and made sure everyone knew what was happening and what they needed to be doing. My husband was just saying last night that the wedding looked like something from Pinterest. Which I think is a good thing! Abby did so well in making our big day delightful and perfectly us!!

Sent on 09/17/2015

Avril · Married on 08/08/2015

Abbey was so helpful in planning our wedding. She took my vision and made it into a reality on our wedding day. From the decorations to floral arrangements everything was perfect! She wa so helpful in choosing flowers and rental items. I would recommend them for full event planning, it's definitely worth the money.

Sent on 09/22/2015

Chelsea · event on 03/28/2015

Icing on the Cake was the best investment we made as we prepared for our biggest event of the year. Abby was incredibly organized, helped us stay in our budget and took things off my plate so I could focus on our donors and raising money! We were extremely pleased with her services!

Sent on 08/05/2015

Carolyn · Married on 09/06/2014

Icing on the Cake Events made our wedding a flawless and wondrous affair.

I knew from the outset that I would need a wedding planner, as neither my husband nor I actually lived in Montana (my husband a Frenchman, working in London, and myself a Californian, working in Sacramento at the time). I reached out to 5 different planners, and not only was Abby, owner of Icing on the Cake Events, one of the first to respond to my inquiries, but she immediately scheduled a time to meet with my mother (who was my proxy, as she lives in Montana).

Icing on the Cake Events offers wedding planning packages based, more or less, on your level of involvement. I had a vision of what I wanted, and was active in the creative side of the planning. However, Abby made my overall vision a reality. With her in-depth knowledge of and close working relationships with vendors, she knew exactly where to find what I was envisioning within a price range that matched my budget.

Icing on the Cake Events also coordinated the ceremony rehearsal and the day of the wedding. We had a Catholic ceremony, and while my husband and I decided on scripture readings and music with the priest, I was thankful to have Icing on the Cake Events to direct people where they needed to be. Both my husband and I had respectively 7 bridesmaids and groomsmen, and Abby succeeded, despite the language barrier with the French groomsmen, many of whom did not speak English, whose preconceived notions of American weddings came from movies like Bridesmaids and Wedding Crashers.

With Icing on the Cake Events’ enormous guidance, organization, and expertise, the wedding planning process was filled with nothing but excitement. The days leading up to the wedding, as well as the wedding day itself, my husband and I were able to direct our energy to our family and friends, and wholly enjoy the best day of our lives.

Sent on 08/12/2015

Rocheen · Married on 06/20/2013

Abby did an amazing job for our daughters wedding!!! It was a destination wedding that needed lots of details worked out to create a theme. She put it all togehter to fit what the bride and groom wanted for their special day. Everything looked absolutely beautiful. She was professional, courteous, organized and kept everything flowing thruought the day. We highly recommend her to others.

Sent on 07/02/2013

Kyle · Married on 06/15/2013

Abby was wonderful to work with! She is very quick to respond to emails and answer any questions we had. She worked so hard on the day of our wedding to make sure it all flowed smoothly and we still hear compliments about how beautiful and nice our wedding went! My husband and I highly recommend Abby and Icing on the Cake Events. :)

Sent on 07/02/2013

Dee · event on 02/02/2013

Abby was such a gift to our event. She set up the space so the flow was seamless for participants. She turned a gymnasium into a beautiful, high-class event. She was a leader during set-up, was calm when I was a little panicked, and seems to absolutely love the work she does. I will use Icing on the Cake Events whenever I have an opportunity.

Sent on 05/31/2013

Aimee · Married on 12/27/2012

Abby was so helpful! She put together a gorgeous wedding for us, which was amazing given that we were both busy with work and couldn't have done it ourselves.

Sent on 01/19/2013
  • Angela

Angela · Married on 09/01/2012

Abby was great and full of wonderful ideas. She helped make my vision a reality and when I was ready I could hit the ground running.

Sent on 11/27/2012

Laura · Married on 08/18/2012

If I have one piece of advice to girls getting married, it's this...hire Abby! I took this piece of advice from sister-in-law who got married last summer and had Abby as her planner, and I just gave this advice to my cousin who is getting married next summer. Abby took care of EVERYTHING and helped keep everyone sane. The morning of the wedding, I was able to actually relax and hang out with my family and bridesmaids and didn't have to do ANY set-up or manage any details. Icing on the Cake Events is worth every penny!

Sent on 09/11/2012

Megan · Married on 07/07/2012

Icing on the Cake did a wonderful job listening to everything we wanted our wedding to be and making it happen for us.

Sent on 07/23/2012

Alan and Carlee · Married on 06/16/2012

Abby was very helpfilul helping us plan our wedding. She had very many helpful tips and ideas foe our big day! I highly recommend Abby and Icing on the Cake Events!

Sent on 07/03/2012

Dee · event on 02/04/2012

Abby turned an empty ballroom into the most beautiful art auction I have ever seen. It was mind-blowing. During preparation for the event, she helped with problem-solving and making connections. I will use her again any time I can!

Sent on 02/09/2012

Anna · event on 02/04/2012

Thank you so much for your help Abby! The decor was really great!

Sent on 02/09/2012

Alexis · Married on 11/26/2011

Abby at Icing on the Cake Events took my vision of a destination winter wedding and combined it with my groom's vision of a boat wedding. I never thought it could happen without looking totally cheesy; but what she helped design was elegant, comfortable, and affordable. Her ability to combine colors and textures with the pre-existing environment made our wedding look effortless and chic instead of contrived and posed. She helped keep me calm every step of the way. She had great advice on how to stretch my budget farther and how to handle the inevitable family drama that comes with getting married. She treated the other vendors with respect so all of them worked together to make our weekend perfect. There were a few last-minute hiccups due to my inexperience in planning big events and she overcame them flawlessly. I had no knowledge of her behind the scenes miracle working until after I got back from my honeymoon. Thank goodness she was there! She has a great sense of humor and a clear communication style so my groom got along with her very well. I would describe Abby as: stylish, efficient, affordable, and invaluable.

Sent on 12/26/2011
  • O

Casey · Married on 09/29/2011

We hired Abby for our traditional, Montana, fall wedding of about 120-150 guests, which we (me mostly, alone) planned long distance from Alaska. We were both very busy, and my mom lives back East, so she couldn't really help me. I had never considered hiring a wedding planner, but my friends had had success with other ones, and Abby was reccommended by a friend. My husband and I worked with Abby for about 7 out of the 9 months we planned our wedding. I reccommend hirng her as soon as one can, so that she can help with budgeting and hiring vendors.
    As the wedding day approached, Abby became more involved and attentive, which was perfect. We only purchased her "Vanilla Package" of services, but in hindsight, we definitly should have budgeted for and purchased the full services package from her, because we ended up needing Abby more than we thought!
    There were many times throughout the planning process that I felt extremely relieved that she was involved. The money we paid her was definitely worth it, and the BEST money we spent on our entire wedding. I can't imagine not having had her for our wedding planning.I felt we received way more than we paid for, which is not something I can say for many of the other vendors we hired!
    Several times, especially the week prior to the wedding, and the day before, Abby went above and beyond my expectations and what was outlined in her written agreement with us. She did little things (that were actually quite time consuming) I didn't ask her to, and that was a wonderful surprise at our wedding! She did things that I had wanted to do, but had run out of time and ambition to follow through with (again, I didn't even ask her, I think she just read my mind somehow).
    We also hired her for our floral design, and she did a fantastic job. I know we saved a significant amount of money on floral design by hiring her for this as well. My bouquet was my favorite thing out of all the flowers, and exactly what I wanted and what I showed her in a picture, and I felt that Abby easily understood my "vision" for flowers. Our table arrangments were amazing, and all our guests complimented them over and over. She has great taste and helps bring together a look, making it elegant and classy.
    Abby's advice for hiring vendors and scheduling the day's events was sound, and extremely valuable. When I asked for her opinion on something, she was very honest, and gave me straightforward feedback if my idea was bad, or if it needed to be altered somehow, but at the same time, she honored my wishes and respected my taste and opinion. She kept everyone in line and on time at rehearsal and the day of. My husband was very happy with how she took over on the wedding day, and our stress level was dramatically reduced. She is very flexible and organized in all ways. She remains calm, cool and collected when faced with obstacles. She communicates well, and has a good knowledge base of Montana vendors, especially in Bozeman and Helena.
    Again, I wish we would have purchased her full package of services, we just didn't realize we needed it. My family was kind of left to their own devices for clean-up after the reception (with a rude vendor) and they were upset with me that Abby hadn't stuck around to facilitate clean-up, which is why I should've hired her for that service! That was a mistake of ours.
    We highly reccommend her, and feel like we also made a good friend. We were able to forget about a lot of things on our wedding week, and really enjoy the wedding day, thanks to her. I know I would have been far more stressed, and enjoyed my wedding day much less, had Abby not been so wonderful. My parents, and my maid of honor, would have had to do a lot of extra things, and they also would have missed out on enjoying the wedding.
    Highly reccommend!

Sent on 10/24/2011

Brooke · Married on 08/06/2011

Abby was the most wonderful planner. Abby thought of every detail and made my wedding turn out the way I had envisioned it. Her professionalism, organization and knowledge of the industry was so impressive. There were many things that she did that were above and beyond what I had thought her scope of duties were. I would highly recommend Abby to any bride and I do not know how I would have done it without her.

Sent on 08/10/2011

Lindsay · Married on 07/09/2011

Working with Abby was wonderful! I was able to enjoy my entire wedding from rehearsal to the end of the reception because I didn't have to worry about anything- Abby took care of it all. I had not planned on hiring a wedding coordinator to save costs but it was by the far the best money I spent on the wedding. My husband and I have a day full of fun memories and none of them involve setting up, taking down, or worrying about schedules. It was perfect!

Sent on 07/19/2011

Jennifer · Married on 06/23/2011

Abby from Icing on the Cakes was an incredible resource throughout the planning process. She was INVALUABLE in the week leading up to the wedding. I can't say enough about how much I appreciated her hard work--especially the day of the wedding. I showed up at our venue when it was time to get dressed and everything at the ceremony site AND the reception site was set up beautifully--exactly as we talked about. It was a restful day for me because of her.

Sent on 06/28/2011

Kaitlin · Married on 09/02/2010

The team at Icing on the Cake Events made our day so amazing. They helped us plan from step one, encouraging us to take control of whatever aspects were most important to us, but also stepping in and running the show when need be. They thought of details we never could have dreamed of that made our wedding seem intimate and unique. They were also able to do ALL of the flower arrangements for us using flowers that we purchased online...and they were magnificent! I would recommend them to ANY bride, whether you need help just the day of the wedding, or you need someone to plan the whole event. They do amazing work and we will certainly never forget how hard they worked for us!

Sent on 09/22/2010