Rabbi Steven Newman, PhD Reviews

Rabbi Steven Newman, PhD 7
  • Darya

Darya · Married on 04/13/2019

Rabbi Newman was a hit!

We had an interfaith wedding and didn't want a long, serious ceremony. Were preferred something more light-hearted. Rabbi Newman was hilarious. We received nothing but compliments from our guests. Rabbi Newman brought life to the ceremony. I would highly recommend Rabbi Newman to anyone!

Sent on 05/27/2019
    Rabbi Steven Newman, PhD 8

Rabbi Steven Newman, PhD's reply:

Hi Darya,
    Many thanks for the wonderful review! Father Luis and I had a grand time officiating your wedding ceremony with Kyle. If I and/or Father Luis can help any of your friends please contact us. Hope all is well with both of you and remember to laugh and love. Shalom, Rabbi Steven

Brent · Married on 11/24/2018

Wonderful!

Rabbi Newman was very personable and made our ceremony heartfelt with a touch of feel good humor that everyone just loved! So thankful we had him at our ceremony!!!

Sent on 03/17/2019

Chandler · Married on 08/18/2018

Rabbi Steve was very personable. He did a beautiful and meaningful service for our wedding last weekend. Highly recommend.

Sent on 08/26/2018

Sonia · Married on 08/13/2016

Our wedding ceremony was interfaith. My Husband is jewish and I'm catholic. This is something very uncommon in our country, Dominican Republic, and thus hard to perform. Rabbi Newman was so much more than we could ask for! Such a joyful and spirited soul! He truly made our wedding ceremony a special one. With his sense of humor, he made everyone laugh and at the same time brought light to the complicity an intimacy of our relationship. He and the Priest managed to have the perfect synergy and balance throughout both rituals. It was truly wonderful!

Sent on 01/12/2018
    Rabbi Steven Newman, PhD 9
    Rabbi Steven Newman, PhD 10

Paibel · Married on 05/15/2016

Rabbi Steven was one of our officiants at our wedding. We had an interfaith wedding with both Rabbi Steven and one of the pastors of the church I grew up in, in Puerto Rico. He traveled to PR to be able to officiate at our wedding and we couldn't be happier. Not only did we benefit from his services as officiant, but also we engaged in pre-marital counseling. For us, it was very important as an interfaith and intercultural couple, but even if you come from a similar background, there are things, as 2 adults, that you might do differently than your future spouse and a refresher course on communications skills and styles, conflict resolution, and family planning among others, are very important building blocks for the amazing life you are about to start together. If you are looking for an interfaith wedding, I thought he did a superb job along with the pastor. Our wedding was not only interfaith (Jewish and baptist) but also intercultural and multilingual, we had an English-Spanish-Hebrew-Baptist-Jewish :-) wedding and it was the most romantic and amazing ceremony. The best day I could've imagined, as a beginning of the rest of our lives. We not only met a great Rabbi but gained a new family friend and counselor which we are hoping to visit soon at this home in FL.

Sent on 01/17/2018
    Rabbi Steven Newman, PhD 15
    Rabbi Steven Newman, PhD 16
    Rabbi Steven Newman, PhD 17

sue · Married on 09/13/2015

Our family highly recommends Rabbi Steven Newman. Our son's wedding was glorious. We had a lovely Jewish ceremony with all of the traditions. Rabbi Steve conducted meetings prior to get to know our son and future daughter-in-law and their wishes. The day was perfect, the weather was perfect and we fo

Sent on 10/06/2015

dan · Married on 07/19/2015

Rabbi Steven Newman was referred to our family for our interfaith marriage of our daughter. He was extremely informative and touched on all of our Jewish traditions while being respectful to the groom's family and friends. It was a beautiful wedding and we could not be happier. Our family is happy to recommend Rabbi Steven Newman for weddings and any Jewish life events.

Thanks Rabbi Steve for making this wedding day one to remember .......

Dan Wampole

Sent on 09/17/2015

Debbie · Married on 05/10/2015

Rabbi Newman married my son .... it was a beautiful traditional wedding. The Rabbi was very informative and friendly when we first met. He brought such warmth to the ceremony. It was a spectacular day and I feel so fortunate to have found Rabbi Newman. Our family circle and friends embraced him as he did us .... making our son's wedding joyous and memorable. I happily recommend Rabbi Steven Newman as an Officiant.

Sent on 06/03/2015
  • User5139504 · event on 10/26/2014

By friends invitation I've attended Temple services conducted by Rabbi Steven Newman which touched me so deeply that I continued coming to experience his wonderful compassion and wording of the Torah. I have attended holiday services, bar mitzvah's, birthday's, all were done in a firm traditional yet very warm way, that I felt proud to be a part of the Jewish way of life and always was welcomed by Rabbi Newman.

Sent on 06/02/2015

We were introduced to Rabbi Newman thru a friend of ours that had used his services before and was very pleased. The Rabbi performed a wedding renewal for us. He was very accommodating at the location and time. The ceremony was in the back yard of a friend of ours. He brought a chuppah with him. The service
    was wonderful bringing back memories of our original wedding years before. We found the Rabbi to be a warm and caring person taking time to make our ceremony personal.

Sent on 07/05/2015

Rabbi Newman officiated at our wedding. We had a small family wedding and the Rabbi was wonderful. He was warm, kind and so personable that the whole family fell in love with him! The ceremony was beautiful and Rabbi Newman made it very special!

Sent on 07/17/2015

My then fiancé and I had just moved from New York to Florida when we began planning our wedding. My Sister-In-Law had met Rabbi Newman at a funeral and asked him if he would perform an inter-faith wedding. He had no problem marrying us. However, before we moved to Florida I had began conversion lessons.

When we first spoke with Rabbi Newman he was warm, courteous and sounded like someone I would want to marry us. At our first meeting, I explained that I had started conversions lessons, but was not sure if I could continue and be ready in time for the wedding. Rabbi Newman assured me that we had time and he would marry us either way. We were thrilled.

At this point I continued my lessons and we were able to get married in the Jewish Faith. Rabbi Newman was kind, patient and also a psychologist, which helps when you are getting married at this stage in life with a blended Family.

We had a wonderful wedding and will always be grateful to Rabbi Newman for his kindness, sincerity and continued support,

Sent on 06/02/2015
  • User5134839 · event on 10/07/2012

He is highly educated and has a PhD in psychology which helps him doing the work he does and having his degree is definitely an asset in working with the elderly.
    I had my second Bar Mitzvah and he did a fabulous service. My family and friends were highly impressed with his knowledge and his caring.
    He also does all other mitzvahs such as baby naming and marriage counseling.
    I would certainly recommend him for any mitzvah. He is an outstanding Rabbi.

Sent on 06/01/2015

Kenny · Married on 03/19/2011

Rabbi Steven did an outstanding job officiating at our wedding. We enjoyed the entire event simply because he worked with our playful personalities and allowed us to be who we are and at the same time provide us with an extremely professional service.

I highly recommend Rabbi Newman for any Jewish event.
    Kenny Benko

Sent on 06/04/2015

Daniel Brener · Married on 03/02/2019

3.0

Very good Rabbi!

Me and my wife were really happy about the services provided by Rabbi Steven Newman.

I’m jewish and my wife is catholic and we were having a hard time to find a Rabbi who would co-officiate our ceremony together with a priest but luckly we found Rabbi Steven through a recoendation. We first had a few phone calls to get to know each other since we didn’t live in Miami before the wedding and when we moved, we met face to face at his Synagogue to go over the ceremony outline. He was very kind, flexible and patient to work with us to make our day just as we wanted.

We would totally recommend him for any couple that is looking to have a gorgeous mixed marriage ceremony.

Sent on 03/31/2019