This vendor is popular with couples. Start a conversation

On WeddingWire since 2010

Rabbi Jonathan Kaplan is an independent modern Rabbi based in South, Florida. For over 28 years, Rabbi Jonathan has served countless couples as they celebrated life's precious milestones. He is known for his creative and meaningful life-cycle ceremonies that he performs throughout Florida, the United States, and the Caribbean. Rabbi Jonathan Kaplan officiates contemporary ceremonies that are personalized for each couple.

Rabbi Jonathan Kaplan takes pride in customizing each and every wedding ceremony which allows every single couple to enjoy a meaningful and personal ceremony experience. Interfaith couples are welcomed by Rabbi Jonathan and his knowledgeable and supportive approach offers comfort to many couples.

Frequently asked questions

What types of weddings and events do you provide services for?

Non-religious
Interfaith
Vow Renewal

What religious affiliations do you serve?

Jewish
No Denomination

In which states are you licensed?

FL

What languages do you speak?

English

100% Recommended by couples

Jennifer
Jennifer Sent on 11/22/2020
5 out of 5 rating

Look no further, Rabbi Kaplan is hands down the best!!!

I had the pleasure of seeing Rabbi Kaplan in action at 2 different weddings before I myself was engaged. One of the wedding ceremonies even had both the rabbi and a priest officiating the ceremony. I can’t say I’ve ever gone to a wedding and left thinking about how great the rabbi was until I witnessed Rabbi Kaplan in action. At both weddings he effortless came across as charismatic, funny, laid back, and I knew I wanted him for my own wedding ceremony. We are not religious at all so we did not want a very religious or traditional ceremony and Rabbi Kaplan had no problem personalizing the ceremony to best reflect us as a couple. We originally booked Rabbi Kaplan to officiate our wedding on Saturday March 28th, 2020 however due to the coronavirus pandemic everything shut down 2 weeks before our date we had to move the wedding date to November 6th, 2020 (a Friday). I was worried that Rabbi Kaplan would not be able to provide his services now that the wedding was on a Friday evening (Shabbat) but he told us that since we were going through so much rescheduling the event and trying to coordinate with all the vendors to find a new date that worked for everyone, he was willing to make an exception and still be the officiant for our wedding despite it being on a Friday before sundown. He also helped us immensely when we were having difficulty obtaining our marriage license due to limited available appointments at our local courthouses (no walk ins allowed). On the day of our wedding Rabbi Kaplan was so warm and welcoming and his demeanor instantly made all the guests (and the groom and I) so comfortable and relaxed. Multiple guests came up to me after the service raving about how personable and down to earth our rabbi was. In all honesty he rocked our wedding ceremony! We could not be happier with how smooth and effortless he made everything feel. Hiring Rabbi Kaplan to officiate our wedding was hands down one of the easiest and best decisions we made throughout the entire wedding planning process. I have yet to see anyone do a better job than him. With all the decisions that need to be made in the wedding planning process, this is one that is a no-brainer. Do yourself a favor and book Rabbi Kaplan for your wedding ASAP!!! There is no possible way you will be disappointed!!
B
Bella L. Sent on 02/19/2024

Amazing!!!

Rabbi Kaplan is truly such an amazing individual, He was so pleasant and understanding of our reform Jewish religion. He was very inclusive throughout the ceremony for those who aren’t. He made the entire experience of getting married not stressful, gave great advice and truly gave a wonderful, beautiful ceremony for us. I couldn’t have imagined this day without him and I can’t wait to use him again in the future for our next life adventures!
Vanessa
Vanessa R. Sent on 12/19/2023
5 out of 5 rating

The perfect Officiant for our perfect day!

Rabbi Kaplan made our wedding ceremony so special bringing our two faiths together and making both families feel included. He was professional and thorough and was there for us each step of the way. If you're looking for a magical experience then Rabbi Kaplan should be your first choice.
illustration stars

Real Weddings

Lexa & Landon
20 photos · 01/22/2021

J Morgan Flowers J Morgan Flowers Wedding Florists

Rabbi Kaplan is a good friend and awesome guy. He knows what he's doing.

Petal Designs Florist & Events Petal Designs Florist & Events Wedding Florists

Fun and Energetic!

Photomasters Photography Photomasters Photography Wedding Photographers

I have worked with Rabbi Kaplan on many weddings. I want to say how nice his service is. He really does a lovely job. Every couple just seem to love him. I recommend him highly from Photomasters 954.676.3065

Other vendors in Miami for your wedding