Pupa Events Reviews

45 | Silver Spring, MD

45 Reviews for Pupa Events

patricia · Married on 08/28/2016

Pupa is very creative all you have to do is provide a vision and she's capable of carrying it out without disappointment!

Sent on 09/19/2016

Azaria · Married on 07/10/2016

honestly cant say enough great things about Pupas flowers.My wide and I had our weeding on July 10th 2016, at Belmont Manor Park.  All of my worries were put at ease, from the very first meeting I had with Pupa.
    Pupa has incredible communication, her listening skills, coupled with her creative eye and attention to detail, helped with turning our visions and dream wedding into reality.
    Pupas guidance with every detail of the decoration leading up to and including the day of the event.
    My wife and I  received countless compliments from all of our guests about what an amazingly beautiful decoration it was and the credit goes to Pupa.The venues coordinator said that she was the best they've worked with.
    For anyone getting ready to plan a wedding or event where ever it maybe, hiring Pupa would be money well spent. Pupa will make that special day, SPECULATOR!!!
    Pupa, we absolutely loved working with you and will recommend you  to anyone looking for a event/wedding decorator . We absolutely loved working with you and your team.
    We are forever gratefull.
    Our  sincere appreciation and thanks for making it all so beautiful.

Meron and Azaria

Sent on 11/21/2016

DANIEL · Married on 05/24/2015

Pupa and her organization provided service that was way more than what was ever expected. As we were going through many idea changes, they were very accommodating and flexible. In the evening of the wedding, the set-up and decoration could have not looked any better. We were VERY impressed and stunned by how well everything was put together. From the bride/groom seating, the bridal party area, cakes, buffet stations, to the back drop, the place looked magnificent. The guest were equally impressed.
    We also appreciate that on the day of set-up, with all the constraints that was put on them by the reception hall, they were still able to deliver on time.

Pupa did a marvelous job and we appreciate all the time and energy that her and members of her organization put forth in making our son's wedding as beautiful as it was!

Sent on 05/30/2015

Brienne · Married on 09/28/2013

Pupa did a phenomenal job with the flowers, lighting and decor for our wedding. One month later, our friends and families are still gushing about how beautiful everything was. The staff is friendly, responsive and very capable.

Sent on 10/28/2013

Nora · Married on 09/02/2012

My wedding was in Sep (2012)...with the exception of my photographer..EVERYTHING went really well. All my caterers did a fabulous job...with that said though....PUPA by FAR was the BEST decision I could EVER have made for my wedding. From day one, she was sooo wonderful to work with. Willing to change things here and there...and definitely willing to work within my budget. I am not well versed in flowers...so what I ended up doign was telling her the amount I wanted to spend and gave her the general color scheme I wanted...and to this day, that was the best decision I made for my wedding. Not JUST that I picked Pupa, but that I gave her the ability to do whatever she felt she could do withing my budget and the space that I chose (Willard hotel). The morning I walked in and saw the ceremony room...I was so overwhelmed and thankful. She seriously went ABOVE and beyond..SEVERAL people came up to me asking who did my flowers and how much I paid for it becauase it was out of this world! She added all these nice touches taht I never even asked her to do! She is a genius!

To put into perspective. I cried three times on the day of my wedding...once during the ceremony bc of how lucky i felt marryign my best friend...the other while dancing w/ my dad...and the other time was when i walked in to see the room set up for the reception bc I could NOT believe what an incredible job pupa did! There you have it..that should say something! and beleive me...I am not one of those flower people..it was just the entire ambience she created with the incredible arrangments and candles.

Pupa...if you're reading this...this is Nora (and Andy) - wedding at Willard on 2 Sep...my flowers went above and beyond. I know you know this...because of how many times I hugged you that day! Thank you for making our special day so perfect!

Sent on 03/07/2013
  • User2521992 · 2+ years ago

pupa, you were amazing!! from the ceremony to reception, you really took my breath away!! thank you so much for the flowers and all the arrangement you provided..everybody loved the decoration..and my bouquet, OMG!!!! May god bless you for being there for us..I will surely recommend your service over and over again!!! thank you so much for making my dreams come true....love...

Sent on 07/06/2012
  • Andrea

Andrea · Married on 06/23/2012

Everything was beautiful!!!!! Pupa is extremely personable and wonderful to work with!

Sent on 07/11/2012

Kiana · Married on 05/27/2012

When I first started thinking about flowers I didn't know where to start. My wedding vendor recommended Pupa to me. I checked out a couple of florist, but when I met Pupa I got a sense that she actually cared about seeing my vision come true. Pupa was very responsive and knew exactly who I was when I would call her which gave me great comfort.

She helped me every step of the way and even offered advice about how to tie all the things I needed together such as napkin color etc. She helped me pick the perfect flowers, centerpieces, and cermony decor.

The morning of my wedding Pupa dropped off our bridesmaid and groomsmen flowers at the hotel, and I must say on-time. The flowers were gorgeous and the perfect size bouquets.

When I got to the cermony and saw what I wonderful job she did with the aisle flowers, pillars, and drape I was amazed... It was so beautifully done. Once the ceremony was over, I went to the reception hall before my guest arrived and was totaly blown away by the remarkable job she had done. It was everything I had hoped for and more. It was much pretty than I ever imaged. People were talking about our flower arrangements and decorations for weeks. One person even said it looked like a wedding made for tv - Thanks to Pupa.

I have since recommended 4 people that have decided to go with Pupa's services. Selecting Pupa was 100% one of the best decisions I made.

Sent on 07/20/2012
  • Gina

Gina · Married on 11/11/2011

I strongly believe that if any bride plans a wedding without the help of Pupa and her services, is absolutely CRAZY!!! Pupa was an ANGEL!

I remember attending the Washington Bridal Showcase with my mom and seeing so many vendors. We saw some gorgeous flowers but out of all the vendors, Pupa's booth struck me the most. She had a gorgeous tall centerpiece display with hanging crystals. It was my dream to have tall centerpieces for my wedding but I was discouraged, thinking I couldn't afford it. I remember looking at Pupa's booth in complete awe yet feeling sad that I wouldn't be able to afford her services. Her worked looked so expensive. I worked up the courage to talk to her and got her information. I remember being happy if I could have her just do my centerpieces. We I went to meet with her, she was so kind, warm, and friendly. The beautiful thing was how much she cared about making my event special. Many vendors are concerned about the money. I told Pupa my budget and she was willing to work with me and I ended up getting my dream centerpieces. Tall flower arangements with the hanging crystals! On the day of my wedding, Pupa and her husband arrived ON TIME and their work exceeded my expectations! I couldn't stop staring at the ballroom. I receieved so many compliments and so many believe told me that they had never witnessed a fairy tale wedding. I too, had a "My Fair Wedding" moment. Pupa's color choices were so beautiful. Another thing I loved about Pupa and her husband is that they do complimentary delivery, set-up, and breakdown. When I was researching other vendors, the delivery charges alone were so expensive BUT with Pupa, I was actually able to spend more money on more flowers because ofthe complimentary set-up and delivery. I could not have been happier.

Pupa, if you are reading this... THANK YOU!!! I wish I was planning another wedding or had another excuse to use your services. I wish I could give you a huge hug and whenever I need another florist for any reason, you are at the top of my list. Thank you for your warm smile, kind heart, and for making my wedding dreams come true. I will miss working with you. My hope and prayer is that your business and talent with sky rocket and go farther than you imagine, because you know how to work with people and make dreams come true. THANK YOU PUPA!!!!!! :) (Gina)

Sent on 11/30/2011

Cheree · Married on 08/28/2011

Pupa is a Godsend!!! The service was phenomenal. She stayed at her office past business hours as we provided the vision for our wedding. Her design scheme is far above the rest, very modern and chic. We allowed Pupa to express her creativity with all the floral services. She surpassed what we expected incorporating our wedding colors in every detail. The king and queen chairs were the talk of the reception. Everyone came to the table taking our pictures while seated in the chairs. It was a pleasant surprise for our guests; they loved it!!! The centerpieces were exquisite making us feel as if we were royalty. Thank you Pupa for making our dreams come true!!! We highly recommend Pupa Flowers and Weddings for your event!!! Thanks again Pupa!

Sent on 09/01/2011

Lisa · Married on 07/16/2011

Thank you Pupa for making our wedding worry-free! You exceeded all our expectations. The arrangements and personal flowers were unbelievable and much more that we expected. You made our day!!! Thank you.

We knew from the minute we met you at the bridal show that we were in good hands. I have and will recommend your service to all my friends and family. Again Thank you for everything and we are glad you were part of our special day.

Sent on 08/16/2011

Karen · Married on 10/30/2010

Pupa,
    As you know, we found you late in our planning, but you were gracious and so professional at every level. Your creative ideas were marvelous and you almost knew what I wanted before I completed a thought! I thank you for your flexible spirit and patience with me.

The decorations at the church were absolutely beautiful and our guests are still calling us and telling us how lovely your work was. The reception was equally as fabulous! You helped to make the event a success!
    Karen

Sent on 11/06/2010

Dara · Married on 10/10/2010

Pupa was awesome! She was very easy to work with and gave us plenty of creative ideas and suggestions too. We were able to get everything we wanted and more! I can't say enough how beautiful our wedding and reception was and the many compliments we got and are still getting! Thank you Pupa for providing us with exceptional service and lasting memories! :-)

Sent on 11/07/2010

Jakeila · Married on 09/24/2010

I can't thank Pupa and her husband enough for what they did! I cannot put into words how beautiful everything turned out. I received so many compliments on the floral arrangements for the centerpieces at my reception. Literally almost ALL of the floral arrangements were taken by our family and other guests. I honestly felt like a "My Fair Wedding" moment during the reveal, LOLOL. I gave Pupa the color scheme of my wedding and she took all the worries out of my hands and MORE THAN DELIVERED. They key with her is that she really loves what she does and I felt she really wanted us to be happy. It wasn't about the money but her work is amazing and is worth every penny. She deserves so much praise for being that type of person. So I would adivse anyone on the fence about looking for a florist to please go with Pupa and her husband.

Sent on 10/27/2010

Camelieta · Married on 09/04/2010

Pupa & Ted are amazing. We Highly, Highly recommend them for your Florist & Decor. The first time we met with Pupa, my husband & Pupa just connected from the beginning. He told her our vision & theme and she took it and designed everything from our ideas. It was so beautiful and gorgeous from the Ceremony to the Reception. It was absolutley stunning. Our guest were so amazed that when they entered the Reception, they ooohed and awwwwed and said it felt magical. Pupa & Ted really made our day. They really made us feel like we were in the islands. Pupa is wonderful to work with and she is always pleasant. She will make your day a day to remember. Again, we would highly recommend Pupa Flowers & Weddngs for your event. Thanks Pupa, Ya'll Are The Best!!!!!

Sent on 09/23/2010

Meron · Married on 08/28/2010

Pupa is great to work with! She listened to what we wanted and exceeded our expectations in every possible way. From the first time we met with her to the day of the wedding, we felt that we were in good hands. Her creativity and quality of work is what makes Pupa stand out from other vendors.

Quality of Service: From the first meeting to the end of our wedding, Pupa provided us with all the information we needed to make our decision effectively regarding decorations and rentals. She made it a point to learn about our venue and how she can make our day perfect. The best moment for me was seeing my husband in awe of the decorations when we first walked in for our reception.

Responsiveness: Pupa was always available to answer our questions and address our concerns in a timely manner. She was always pleasant and professional in addressing our concerns.

Flexibility: Pupa has been great in working with us through our indecisive moments. She met with us when we could and always with a smile. Because of her years of experience in the industry, she understood what we were going through.

If you are looking for someone who can capture your idea of what your wedding decoration should be, Pupa is your gal. Allow her creativity to shine and you won’t be disappointed.

Sent on 09/14/2010
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 08/07/2010

If it were possible to rate Pupa with ONE THOUSAND stars, I would! Pupa is one of the kindest and warmest individuals you could ever hope to meet (a rarity in the world of wedding planning). She sat with me and patiently helped me plan a cohesive vision of an absolutely stunning wedding from the fragmented and uninformed ideas I originally brought to her. I put the decor into Pupa's hands and never looked back and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Let me start by saying that I brought a unique challenge to Pupa. I had a total of 12 bridesmaids (all wearing black) and 11 groomsmen, not to mention parents who needed corsages and boutonnieres and a seven-month-old flower girl. I knew that I wanted a variety of colors for the bouquets to break up the black and white theme, but I truly didn't have a vision for how to make it all come together. Pupa helped me plan 6 different bouquets with corresponding flower hairpins. At my request, she customized the ribbons on the bouquets to distinguish between the maids of honor and the other bridesmaids. She also helped me to put together custom centerpieces which complemented the venue's colors. She consistently pointed out the practical side of the plan, but emphasized that she wanted to make my day exactly what I had hoped for and would do whatever it took to follow through. For example, I wanted to have additional flowers on our cake table (we had a variety of Georgetown Cupcakes in lieu of a wedding cake), but Pupa suggested that we use the bridesmaids bouquets as decor on the dessert table instead. She had beautiful vases waiting on the table when we entered the reception and the bridesmaids were able to place the bouquets in the vases instead of lugging them around and leaving them to wilt throughout the night. Her advice not only saved us money, but resulted in a colorful and attractive dessert display. In addition, my bouquet was absolutely stunning and very unexpectedly brought tears to my eyes as well as my father's. Pupa incorporated roses from my father's garden at my request and managed to make them the focus of the beautiful white bouquet.

A week before the wedding, I frantically contacted Pupa to ask if she could add a chuppah to the package. My husband and I had an interfaith wedding and our chuppah plans had fallen through at the last minute. Pupa told me not to worry and that it would be all set up when we arrived at the ceremony. Not only was the chuppah visually stunning, Pupa decorated the sides and top with beautiful flowers which matched the previously planned centerpieces. She even went so far as to place beautiful arrangements at the end of the aisle.

Pupa even went so far as to tour the venue in advance so that she would be prepared for set-up on the day of the wedding. She stayed through the ceremony to change over the room for the reception during the cocktail hour. I barely had time to find her and give her a huge hug for making the day so special. I never thought I would have such a beautiful wedding, but she knew how to make it as such and in such a seamless way.

I cannot tell you how many compliments my husband and I received regarding the flowers at our wedding. I can honestly say that it was Pupa's eye for artistry and organization that took this bride's breath away when I walked down the aisle and when I entered the reception. I don't see how you could possibly find a better florist than Pupa since she is clearly a one-of-a-kind talent. She told me at our initial meeting, "I love what I do." It shows in her tireless work and artistry.

Sent on 12/06/2010

Luwam · Married on 07/24/2010

I highly highly HIGHLY recommend Pupa Flowers for any event dealing with rentals, flowers and overall planning. Pupa and her team went above and beyond to make my wedding day everything I ever dreamt of. She not only helped me with every small detail, but she listened to my needs, and cared about the event as though it were her own. There were many late night phone calls, Sunday meetings, dealing with in-laws, and the list goes on, yet she remained by my side through it all. I not only found the best wedding planner ever but a guardian angel in Pupa.
    The best part of all was her Creativity; she can put any color scheme together and form a unique blend of beauty. She can change a disaster into a spectacular view. Our wedding was meant for 600 people, and yet over 1,000 guests came. I still don’t know what kind of magic she pulled off, but whatever it was, it WORKED. Our wedding was simply the most beautiful event, with no known flaws.
    All in all, she is truly the BEST of the BEST!!!

Sent on 08/26/2010

Vandre · Married on 07/04/2010

Pupa has an eye for perfection. Her arrangements were dazzling and elegant without being overwhelming. My bouquet was more beautiful than I ever imagined (this lady knows her stuff). She gave my wedding the look of elegance that I hoped for. I definitely recommend her service to future brides

Sent on 08/26/2010

Mimi · Married on 05/29/2010

Pupa Flowers was very impressive. Pupa is such a professional and "can do" person with great style, creativity and upbeat personality! I have worked on other projects with her and the variety of high-end linens, chair covers & the creative flower arrangements were incredible and beyond our expectation. The centerpieces were magnificent, the reception simply glowed. She really knows how to make specific colors and layers work together and display elegant ambiance in a space. Our guests complimented the flowers the entire evening. Again, thank you for making it a memorable occasion. I'm looking forward to working with her in many upcoming events and projects and can't recommend “Pupa Flowers “enough to your event!

Sent on 06/02/2010

Cheryl · Married on 05/08/2010

Excellent vendor. They made my reception venue look like a floral wonderland!

Sent on 04/15/2013
  • Yvonne

Yvonne · Married on 02/06/2010

Pupa came through for my wedding in a big way!! She met with my event coordinator to tour the reception site. When an unexpected blizzard moved my wedding date up by 3 days, I called Pupa the day of the wedding and she said no problem! Pupa had all my wedding flowers to the chapel before the ceremony. Because of Pupa my wedding and wedding pictures were elegant and classy. No one would have guessed that my wedding was planned for that evening.

Sent on 02/23/2010

Janice · Married on 08/01/2009

Pupa did a fantastic job in making my memorable. I gave her and idea of what I wanted and told her to do her thang. Pupa fulfilled all my wishes plus some. When I walked in the room on my day I was like WOW! The room was breathtaking.. Every brides dream... Pupa definitely made my dream a reality from the flowers, linen, lighting, added touches and features.. Absolutley amazing!!! The services was excellent. Pupa was the most pleasant person to do business with. I never met anyone in this form of business as pleasant as she. Extremely responsive to your every need. You can call her constantly and she accepts you with open arms..She willing to do what it takes to make your day beautiful and affordable based on your personal budget. If she have to go and extra mile she would. Anyone who decide to use Pupa services in all capacity will not be disappointed at all. They will be so pleased and at ease. With Pupa there is no worries and that's what a bride need.. Someone who enjoy what they do and great with customers. I give Pupa an A+++++ in customer service. Awesome!!! so glad to have met her.. Thanks again Pupa for making our day beautiful!

Sent on 09/20/2009

valerie · Married on 05/24/2009

I would highly recommend Pupa Wedding and Flowers for any event that requires exquisite decor and floral arrangements. I am a very particular individual who always want things done perfectly. Not only did Pupa meet my expectations, she exceeded them! Her excellent service, beautiful floral arrangements, bouquets and corsages for the wedding party left me and the guests speechless; she went well beyond the call of duty. She went to the wedding venue prior to the wedding and made sample arrangements so we (my wedding coordinator and groom) would have an opportunity to see what the arrangements would look like in the room prior to the wedding (she did this at no extra cost and gave me the arrangement to take home!). She had some fabulous ideas that I never thought of, I accepted everyone of them; and she gave lots of extras (not nickeling and diming you like some vendors I interviewed). My guests that received the floral centerpieces called me a month after the wedding still marveled by the arrangements and some even stated that some of the flowers were still alive. My husband and I are truly satisfied with Pupa and would highly recommend her.

Sent on 07/02/2009
  • missnikkis

Johnika · Married on 05/02/2009

I can not give Pupa and her staff enough love and appreciation for the beautiful set up she created for my wedding as well as the flowers for myself and my attendants. Everything went so smoothly from the arrival to break down. She is a pleasure to work with and truly a gifted florist who works with your budget and gives you in my opinion, more than what you pay for. Her creativity is in everything.

I remember seeing her displays at one Bridal Show and my fiance fell so in love with her that I knew she was the one. At another Bridal Show 2 months later I saw her again with her same smile and she remembered me and my fiance...I knew it was fate. Needless to say I booked her before that week was over. We met at her warehouse and I told her my colors, showed her my gown and she went to work creating a model and I was SOLD! She offered models before writing things into stone but I told her to have her way....I did not want to limit her creativity. When I asked her to go out of her way to drop my bouquet off 30 miles in the opposite direction of the wedding ceremony for pre-wedding pictures, she did not ask questions or charge me extra.

I knew Pupa and her staff would come through and she did. Again, the wedding was beautiful. The flowers and decor truly enhanced the venue and made the pictures POP. I would use her again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 05/19/2009