10606 Dunkirk Drive, Silver Spring, MD 20902 Map · Phone number · Visit website
Typical Price $2,000
  • Deals 1

About Black Calla Events LLC

Black Calla Events LLC is a wedding florists based in Silver Spring, Maryland. Founded and operated by Diana Skenderovic, the business provides an amazing array of flowers, arrangements, and more so that couples can add a dash of freshness and color to their wedding event.

Diana boasts many years’ experience in the wedding planning industry, so she has a wealth of knowledge when it comes to transforming couples’ wish list into a completed checklist. At Black Calla Events, couples receive a floral designer as well as an organizer who can make exquisitely designed flowers to serve a variety of purposes.

Once they have completed their venue visit, this florists can begin the event design process, ensuring that it fits in with the couples’ vision as closely as possible.

The whole purpose of Black Calla Events is to bring your event to life through their products, but they also take enormous pride in making the selection and design process a great deal of fun.

Centerpieces, floral tablescapes, flower baskets, single flowers, petals, crowns, and much more can be made to order here.

Few weddings would be complete without tremendous bouquets - after all, the bridesmaids need something to catch - and Black Calla Events provides these.

Additionally, Diana can assist with cleanup, setup, delivery, and so much more to ensure that everything falls into place the way it is supposed to.

mg 0137 websize 51 1063101 157478609694086
 mg 0137 websize 51 1063101 157478609694086

22 Reviews for Black Calla Events LLC

Erin · Getting married on 05/10/2021

Look no further!

Diana with Black Calla Events is amazing and such a talent in the florals & decor industry. My husband and I had to completely shift gears with our wedding planning due to COVID, which meant we canceled our original destination wedding and began planning an entirely different one in Washington, DC. The events/wedding coordinator at our venue had wonderful things to say about Black Calla Events and recommended I reach out to Diana because the two have worked together in the past; so I did. Diana was immediately responsive and remained so throughout our time working together. She responded to every email/text immediately and answered every question or concern I had.

Because I had already planned out florals for a tropical destination wedding, I had a little difficulty reframing my thinking about what our florals/decor should look like given we were now having a true fall wedding in the city (October 17, 2020). But Diana was extremely patient and helpful as I bounced ideas around, changed my mind here and there, and of course, tried to stay within budget. We communicated regularly via emails, text messages, and phone calls to plan out my vision, right down to the exact greenery and florals I wanted in my bouquet. I appreciated that she was respectful of our wishes to keep costs as low as possible without losing any of the integrity. I never felt pressured to choose a certain bouquet style or go with more expensive decor--she allowed me to guide her while she used her professional eye to refine my vision.

In terms of value, I think we got our full money's worth here. Florals are likely going to be one of the most expensive parts of your wedding and with that comes understanding the reality that fresh flowers are not cheap...and fresh flowers that aren't in season are also not cheap. So while we may have gone a little over budget with florals it was all more than worth it in the end!

Due to COVID (and also because I love surprises), I never saw exactly what my bouquet, hair piece (yep, she designed and created a beautiful floral headpiece that complimented my bouquet so perfectly!), corsages, boutonnières, decor, etc looked like. But when they were delivered to my suite on Wedding Day...I was absolutely blown away by how everything came together and looked 100x better than I ever imagined! I've never seen a bouquet like the one Diana created for me so that made my day even more special. I shared with Diana that I loved the rustic yet elegant look and that I really only had 2 requests for what my bouquet included: a king protea flower and pampas grass. She delivered exactly what I asked for + more!

Diana and I discussed delivery times about 2 weeks prior to Wedding Day and everything was delivered at exactly the time we agreed upon. I am so happy with my decision to work with Diana & Black Calla Events--she's such a sweet person and a true talent. If you're looking for a florist, you literally need not look any further. Thank you Diana & Black Calla Events for being such a special part of the most beautiful day of our lives!

(photo disclaimer: we haven't received photos back from our professional photographer yet so what I've included are shots captured by our guests/wedding party. Hopefully these give a good enough idea of my hair piece and bouquet :)

Sent on 10/26/2020

Black Calla Events LLC's reply:

Dear Erin, thank you for your trust and letting me be part of your special day! I appreciate your kindness and was so happy to be part of your beautiful wedding! I am so sorry that this situation changed your plans, but happy that everything turned out beautifully. I wish you and your husband all the love in the world!
  • Kathia

Kathia E. · Married on 11/21/2020

Helped this #Coronabride bring my vision to real life!

From beginning to finish, Diana and her team delivered EXCELLENT customer service! Out of all of the vendors I considered, Diana stuck closest to my budget without compromising my creative vision and gave me excellent feedback on what would look best with my decor and venues. She was always very responsive via text and was punctual for all of our appointments. On top of that, my guests raved about how gorgeous my centerpieces were to the point where several of them asked to take them home, haha. Thank you Black Calla Events to helping my dream microwedding come to life during this ridiculous time in all of our lives. The service doesn't get any better than this!

Sent on 12/01/2020

Black Calla Events LLC's reply:

My dear Kathia, you are so very welcome! It was a pleasure working with you and being part of your special day! I enjoyed every moment designing your wedding.

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner
WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Black Calla Events LLC FAQ

• What is the average price for a bridal bouquet?
    $ 180.00
  • What is the average price for a bridesmaid bouquet?
    $ 75.00
  • What is the average price for a boutonniere?
    $ 15.00
  • What is the average price for a low table arrangement (per arrangement)?
    $ 80.00
    $ 200.00
    $ 2000.00
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of your floral services?
    Clean Up
    Consultations
    Delivery
    Event Design
    Samples
    Set Up
    Venue Visit
  • How would you describe your floral designs?
    Glamorous
    Modern
    Romantic
  • Which of the following services do you provide?
    Clean Up
    Consultations
    Delivery
    Event Design
    Samples
    Set Up
    Venue Visit
  • What types of arrangements do you provide?
    Aisle Decor

• Black Calla Events LLC 1
    10% discount for WeddingWire couples

• 10606 Dunkirk Drive Silver Spring, MD, 20902 See on map
    240-349-7425 (Phone number)
    Location of (Black Calla Events LLC)