Black Calla Events LLC Reviews

View more information

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Jaclyn L. Getting married on 12/06/2021

Responsive, reliable, and beautiful work

After postponing our reception due to covid, my husband and I quickly planned a small backyard wedding. I found Diana via wedding wire and couldn't be happier. Diana easily worked within our budget to create a beautiful chuppah, bouquet, and boutonniere. She had helpful suggestions and was incredibly responsive. Her team arrived right on time for the assembly/disassembly of the chuppah. Our guests commented on how beautiful the flowers were! It was a pleasure working with Diana and I highly recommend her.

Dear Jaclyn,
    It was such a lovely wedding! So glad I was part of your special day! Thank you for your kind words!
  • Melissa
    Melissa B. Getting married on 11/06/2021

Like working with a friend!

Diana is simply wonderful! If you are looking for a personalized experience with someone who cares about you, your family and your vision, then you can't go wrong with Black Calla Events. Diana brings her years of experience at a large flower company to her own company, which allows her to dedicate her time and attention to your big day. We were in the finishing stages of wedding planning when the world changed due to Covid-19. We postponed our Spring 2020 wedding to September of 2020 and then finally to next year. Diana was so supportive and flexible when it came to helping us work out a new date and make new plans. Prior to our plans changing Diana was right there with us at our venue going through our day, helping us plan for set up and offering her creative ideas to make the most of our space! I am excited to now start planning a fall themed wedding with her for next year.

Dear Melissa,
    Thank you for your kind words! I am so lucky to have a chance to be part of your special day and working with you and your lovely family!
    So looking forward to a beautiful wedding!
  • Victoria
    Victoria P. Married on 08/07/2021

Amazing, Beautiful, and Excellent Service!

We had the greatest experience working with Diana. She was always extremely quick to respond to any questions and was very easy to work with. Working with her, you can tell that she truly cares about you and wants to ensure that your vision is brought to life.

We had our wedding originally planned for 2020, but because of COVID, we pushed it to 2021. Diana was understanding and helpful throughout the entire process and always made sure to check-in on us and see how we were doing.

Wedding planning is stressful, but Diana made it much easier! She was always on the top of her game and gave great ideas and suggestions! If you're looking for a florist, look no further than here!

Dear Victoria,
    It was a great pleasure being part of your and Bryant's wedding! I was so happy to help and assist in any way possible. You both are so so sweet and I loved every minute working with you!
    Thank you for your kind words!
  • Waizeru
    Waizeru J. Married on 06/19/2021

Exceptional!!!

I knew flowers were an important part of my wedding day vision. After much research, I found Diana and Black Calla Events. I was blown away by her professionalism, timeliness, passion for flowers, and kindness. Diana took an interest in me personally and was committed to making my day special. She suggested great floral design choices and went above and beyond in the execution! She did all this while being mindful of my budget. If you’re looking for exceptional service from someone who is kind and passionate about what she does, choose Diana at Black Calla Events!

My dear Waizaru,
    Thank you for all your kind words! I was truly lucky to know you and enjoyed every moment working with you! Working with such an amazing people like you, reminds me why I LOVE my job!
  • Chané
    Chané B. Married on 05/23/2021

Highly Recommend Black Calla!

I recommended Black Calla Events to my bride for her May 2021 wedding. I never worked with them previously for other events. However, I was thoroughly impressed by their work and their affordable prices! Throughout the wedding planning process, Black Calla was responsive, attentive to detail, and an overall pleasure to work with! On the day of the wedding, they exceeded our expectations with the floral decor! I was so pleased and so was my clients! I highly recommend Black Calla for floral and decor needs!

Dear Chane,
    It was a pleasure working with you and with our lovely bride and her family. So looking forward to our next event!
    Erin Married on 05/10/2021

Look no further!

Diana with Black Calla Events is amazing and such a talent in the florals & decor industry. My husband and I had to completely shift gears with our wedding planning due to COVID, which meant we canceled our original destination wedding and began planning an entirely different one in Washington, DC. The events/wedding coordinator at our venue had wonderful things to say about Black Calla Events and recommended I reach out to Diana because the two have worked together in the past; so I did. Diana was immediately responsive and remained so throughout our time working together. She responded to every email/text immediately and answered every question or concern I had.

Because I had already planned out florals for a tropical destination wedding, I had a little difficulty reframing my thinking about what our florals/decor should look like given we were now having a true fall wedding in the city (October 17, 2020). But Diana was extremely patient and helpful as I bounced ideas around, changed my mind here and there, and of course, tried to stay within budget. We communicated regularly via emails, text messages, and phone calls to plan out my vision, right down to the exact greenery and florals I wanted in my bouquet. I appreciated that she was respectful of our wishes to keep costs as low as possible without losing any of the integrity. I never felt pressured to choose a certain bouquet style or go with more expensive decor--she allowed me to guide her while she used her professional eye to refine my vision.

In terms of value, I think we got our full money's worth here. Florals are likely going to be one of the most expensive parts of your wedding and with that comes understanding the reality that fresh flowers are not cheap...and fresh flowers that aren't in season are also not cheap. So while we may have gone a little over budget with florals it was all more than worth it in the end!

Due to COVID (and also because I love surprises), I never saw exactly what my bouquet, hair piece (yep, she designed and created a beautiful floral headpiece that complimented my bouquet so perfectly!), corsages, boutonnières, decor, etc looked like. But when they were delivered to my suite on Wedding Day...I was absolutely blown away by how everything came together and looked 100x better than I ever imagined! I've never seen a bouquet like the one Diana created for me so that made my day even more special. I shared with Diana that I loved the rustic yet elegant look and that I really only had 2 requests for what my bouquet included: a king protea flower and pampas grass. She delivered exactly what I asked for + more!

Diana and I discussed delivery times about 2 weeks prior to Wedding Day and everything was delivered at exactly the time we agreed upon. I am so happy with my decision to work with Diana & Black Calla Events--she's such a sweet person and a true talent. If you're looking for a florist, you literally need not look any further. Thank you Diana & Black Calla Events for being such a special part of the most beautiful day of our lives!

(photo disclaimer: we haven't received photos back from our professional photographer yet so what I've included are shots captured by our guests/wedding party. Hopefully these give a good enough idea of my hair piece and bouquet :)

Black Calla Events LLC's reply:

Dear Erin, thank you for your trust and letting me be part of your special day! I appreciate your kindness and was so happy to be part of your beautiful wedding! I am so sorry that this situation changed your plans, but happy that everything turned out beautifully. I wish you and your husband all the love in the world!
    Jess Married on 04/24/2021

Beautiful flowers and very responsive!

Diana was very sweet and helpful. Flowers were beautiful.

Black Calla Events LLC's reply:

Dear Jessica, it was a pleasure being part of your special day and thank you for your kind words.
    Best,
    Diana
  • Kathia
    Kathia E. Married on 11/21/2020

Helped this #Coronabride bring my vision to real life!

From beginning to finish, Diana and her team delivered EXCELLENT customer service! Out of all of the vendors I considered, Diana stuck closest to my budget without compromising my creative vision and gave me excellent feedback on what would look best with my decor and venues. She was always very responsive via text and was punctual for all of our appointments. On top of that, my guests raved about how gorgeous my centerpieces were to the point where several of them asked to take them home, haha. Thank you Black Calla Events to helping my dream microwedding come to life during this ridiculous time in all of our lives. The service doesn't get any better than this!

Black Calla Events LLC's reply:

My dear Kathia, you are so very welcome! It was a pleasure working with you and being part of your special day! I enjoyed every moment designing your wedding.
    Gabrijela C. Married on 10/11/2020

Diana is wonderful

Words cannot begin to describe how stunning my wedding flowers were. Black Calla Events did an extraordinary job with them.
    Diana is so kind, friendly, and knowledgeable. She went above and beyond to get my order out and very personable. The owner really tries to understand what you're looking for and has exceeded my expectations every time. Diana made my vision come true, flower arrangements were more beautiful than I could have imagined! Family and friends couldn't get over how beautiful the flowers were for our wedding.
    This florist is AMAZING. I can't say enough kind words or express my gratitude better.
    I HIGHLY recommend Black Calla Events for all of your floral needs. You will not be disappointed.

Black Calla Events LLC's reply:

My dear Gabrijela, thank you for your kind words! It was great being part of special day and bringing your dreams to reality! I wish you and Ryan all the best in your married life!
    Leydi G. Married on 10/10/2020

Professional, Flexible and Friendly.

Originally had planned an October wedding, due to circumstances we decided to shrink our attendance to 20 guests. From the introductory call, Diana was interested in learning about my vision, non-negotiables and budget. For our wedding, she delivered a stunning bridal bouquet along with gorgeous centerpieces. She made sure we felt comfortable with the arrangements and the colors. She was a true pleasure to work with and I will most likely reach out to her whenever I need stunning floral arrangements.

Dear Leydi,
    It was a great pleasure being part of your special day. Even though it was as you originally planned, as you said, it is all about love after all. Thank you for your kind review!
    Doreen L. Married on 09/07/2020

Beautiful flowers & wonderful to work with!

Diana is the best! After my wedding was postponed several times due to covid, I had to start all over with finding vendors and I'm so glad I found Black Calla Events! From day one Diana was extremely responsive and friendly. She was wonderful to work with and made sure she understood my vision to create the wedding I was hoping for - and she more than delivered! The chuppah, bouquets and table arrangements turned out gorgeous and were exactly what I had asked for. All of my guests commented on how beautiful the chuppah and flowers were. I can't recommend Diana and Black Calla Events enough! Thank you, Diana, for making my wedding beautiful and being so great to work with!

Dear Doreen,
    It was such a pleasure being part of your beautiful wedding and working with you! Thank you for your kind words and review!
    Alex B. Married on 06/27/2020

Very reliable and professional

Diana was very responsive and informative during our meetings. She clearly has a wealth of expertise and experience and is able to answer any questions effectively. She has a great eye for decor and is mindful of the couple's requirements and budget restrictions. We were impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic and she was very flexible in all regards, financially and otherwise. Highly recommend her services.

Dear Alex and Sohum,
    Making my clients happy is my number one priority escpecially during these tough times ! Reviews like these make my job even more special and definitely give me even more motivation. Thank you!
    Samantha R. Married on 06/06/2020

Black calls was great

Awesome service. Creative and responsive! My flowers were just what I wanted.

Dear Samantha,
    thank you for your kind words! It was a pleasure being part of your special day and working with you!
    Sarah S. Married on 05/23/2020

Wonderful Experience

Diana was wonderful. We had to change our order because of COVID and she was very understanding. She kept us up to date and on top of everything. She regularly checked in and delivered everything she promised while remaining cheerful.

Black Calla Events LLC's reply:

Dear Sarah, thank you for your kind words! We are all in this together and I was so happy I could help. It was great being part of your special day!
  • Alison
    Alison Married on 11/23/2019

Wonderful!

Diana was wonderful to work with. She was very responsive, patient, informative and supportive during the process and everything was executed beautifully the day of the wedding.

Black Calla Events LLC's reply:

Dear Alison, it was a joy designing flowers for your beautiful wedding! Thank you for your kind words!
    Brie Married on 11/02/2019

The best experience!

I can’t say enough how amazing Diana was for us throughout the planning stages of oue wedding, and especially the day of. She went above and beyond to ensure everything was exactly how we wanted, and helped us stay within our budget without any loss of quality. The finished product was perfect. If you are looking for the best wedding florist ever, give Black Calla Events a call. Thank you for everything Diana!!!

Black Calla Events LLC's reply:

Dear Brie, it was such a pleasure being part of your wedding! I was so excited bringing your vision to reality!
    Thank you for your kind words and wonderful review!
    Amari P. Married on 10/13/2019

Exceptional

I loved working with her. She was so responsive even after hours. She went above and beyond and the the arrangements were beautiful!

Black Calla Events LLC's reply:

Dear Amari, it was a pleasure meeting you in person and working with you on your beautiful event! Thank you!
  • Sabrina
    Sabrina S. Married on 09/28/2019

Diana is wonderful.

Diana is an absolutely amazing florist. This is the second wedding she has done for my family and it was such a pleasure working with her both times. The wedding reception room looked so beautiful and the flower arrangements she put together were absolutely stunning. Everyone at the wedding was talking about how gorgeous the flowers were and how perfect the room looked. Diana always made us feel comfortable and provided guidance when and where we had questions. She provided examples when we only had a vague concept for the centerpieces; she was mind reader understanding perfectly what we wanted. I told her what flowers she wanted blush roses, hydrangeas, and greenery and she made the vision come true. Diana, also worked within our floral budget, was available to answer all our questions and was there at the wedding venue to make sure everything was perfect. If you are looking for someone to inspire you or looking for someone to guide you, she is the one. She provides high quality flowers and service at an affordable price. I would highly recommend her to anyone planning their wedding.

Black Calla Events LLC's reply:

Dear Sabrina, thank you for your kind words! It was a great pleasure being part of your special day and work with your family again! Had such a great time designing your beautiful wedding!
    Kelly T. Married on 09/07/2019

Fantastic vendor, fantastic work

Loved working and interacting with Diana!
    She is very detail oriented, and spent a lot of time personalizing designs to my specific taste and budget. She provided lovely, fresh flowers for both my ceremony in the morning and the reception in the evening, and was very flexible in making sure everything went smoothly.

Black Calla Events LLC's reply:

Dear Kelly, thank you for the nice review! With so many choices out there I am honored you chose Black Calla Events!
    Kelly Married on 08/31/2019

Wedding with Black Calla Events

Diana was AMAZING. She was SO helpful and responsive. The flowers were STUNNING.

Black Calla Events LLC's reply:

Thank you Kelly! It was wonderful working with you on your special day!! So glad you liked everything!
  • Anne
    Anne R. Married on 07/09/2019

Beautiful flowers & so easy to work with!

Diana was so wonderful to work with - one of my top vendors from the wedding. She was so responsive and really focused on making sure I got what I needed for the wedding within my budget. She took such care with her creations, and they looked stunning. I would very highly recommend Black Calla Events!

Black Calla Events LLC's reply:

Dear Anne, thank you for your wonderful review! It was a great pleasure working with you and being part of your special day!
    Jody Married on 06/01/2019

Thanks Diana! Simply Amazing!!

What can I say, Diana was a true professional. She was definitely able to work within our wedding budget and what I liked about Diana is that she allowed me to come up with thoughts on floral arrangements and the wedding party arrangements as well and they were beautiful!! Diana always communicated with me, even when I was busy at work - she would text me and say we need to talk even a couple of weeks out she confirmed what we had initially signed up for as it relates to the floral arrangements. We got so many positive comments on the floral arrangements. What I can say about Diana is that she is a true professional and all I could say was AMAZING!! Not only was she on time at the venue and dropping of flowers for the wedding party is that she took the time to ensure that everything was okay and that I was happy with flowers. She also followed up with me the next day via text to see how everything went. I wish I had known that she also did wedding event planning as well, because I would have probably done a one stop shop. Very professional and she was also recommended by Catering Sales Manager at the venue where we had the wedding. You cannot go wrong with Diana, trust me and I am a hard person to please..... I will definitely be sending referrals her way, and she has such a warm personality and that is what you need when you are a bride and things get stressful. Thanks so much Diana for making my day AMAZING!! Simply Elegant!!
    Jody

Black Calla Events LLC's reply:

My dear Jody, thank you for your kind words! I truly enjoyed working with you and being part of your special day.
  • Kristin
    Kristin Married on 03/30/2019

Fantastic florist

Working with Black Calla Events had come recommended by a friend, and I have to add my endorsement - they were a pleasure to work with from beginning to end. Diana was thorough and professional, friendly and helpful through the entire process, and the bouquets, boutonnieres, and arrangements were incredibly gorgeous (and affordable!). I will definitely keep Black Calla Events in mind for future flower needs.

Dear Kristin,
    It was a great pleasure being part of your special day! I truly enjoyed designing flowers for your wedding.
    Violeta G. Married on 02/09/2019

Wedding, Brookville MD 2/9/2019

Deciding to work with Diana and Black Calla as my florist was the best decision. The whole process of working with Diana was easy and she instantly understood what I wanted. She was so flexible and was able to create my dream decor while completely working within our budget. The bouquets and table arrangements were  stunning. She was extremely professional and always sent quick responses.

Dear Violeta,
    Thank you for your kind review! I enjoyed working with you and thank you for trusting me!
    Dina B. Married on 01/09/2018

Loved working with Diana!

Black Calla events provided bouquets for the ceremony, and floral arrangements for the reception, for my sister's wedding in Tysons Corner, VA on September 1, 2018. I was in charge of the flowers so was really stressed out about making sure that everything was perfect. I shouldn't have been - Diana was great! The arrangements were exactly as my sister agreed to; actually even more then we were expecting (the budget wasn't huge but everything was full and looked just wow!). Working with Diana was a pleasure - she was very responsive and professional, and listened to all our ideas (and my incessant worries); I loved that she nicely added her opinion on what would work and would look best for the season, wedding colors, and atmosphere of the wedding. I would recommend Black Calla, and especially Diana to anyone!

Dear Dina,
    It was a pleasure working with you and your sister on her special day! Thank you for your kind review!