Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

47 Reviews for Premier Entertainment DJ and Event Service

MC (2)
Microphones (2)
Photobooth (2)
Sound/PA System (2)
Liability Insurance (1)
Uplighting (1)

DJ Jim was professional and most importantly: he was FUN. He delivered from before the ceremony began (prelude, processional, etc.) through the wedding party introductions to the speeches to the best last dance ever. Everyone was on the dance floor... including my great-uncle who literally didn't even dance at his own daughter's wedding... because the music was THAT good. DJ Jim knows how to read a crowd, and he started with 80s to get everyone moving and grooving (because who could say no to Come On Eileen?!) and then began weaving in 90s (EVERYONE LOVED THE BACKSTREET BOYS, NSYNC, AND AQUA!!!), and Top 40 hits throughout. Thanks for an awesome evening!

Profile Picture Eunice, 6/4/17, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths
Services Used: Microphones, Photobooth, Sound/PA System, Liability Insurance, MC

Jim is absolutely the guy you want for your DJ! He was so helpful when we were planning our wedding and had so many great ideas. He made the process easy and stress-free! He absolutely killed it at our wedding and everyone loved him! He kept the dance floor packed the entire evening! Having he knowledge and skills to play certain songs at the perfect moments is what it's all about and Jim did it perfectly. I would absolutely recommend him for your wedding!

Thanks for making our night unforgettable Jim!
Kelsey & Steven

Profile Picture Kelsey, 9/17/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

DJ Jim was so fun! We loved his enthusiasm the night of the wedding - from announcing our bridal party to getting everyone on the dance floor, he had a great energy. He has an easy to use website to request song choices and is helpful if you are stuck between a few. It was great the Jim was able to offer us a holistic package including up lighting for the night. I would recommend using his wife’s photo-booth service as well, people had so much fun in it and it makes life easier to consolidate vendors where possible. Together they did a fabulous job setting everything up and making for an awesome night!

Profile Picture Jessica, 9/10/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: MC, Microphones, Photobooth, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

We found out about Premier DJ Services through our caterers, and decided to book them after speaking with Jim and John on the phone. We spoke with John again in the week before the wedding, and went through the whole plan for the reception in lots of detail. On the day, we were so happy working with John and Austin, his assistant. The dinner music was along the theme that we had requested, the first dance songs were timed to perfection, and he kept the dance music ebbing and flowing throughout the night so that the dance floor was never empty, but people got the chance to slip out and grab a breather. John communicated with us a lot throughout the night which we really appreciated, and was flexible with the timing when we ended up running a bit late and we decided last-minute to show a slideshow. Overall, we’d highly recommend Premier DJ Services, and in particular John – thank you for a great show!

Profile Picture Matt, 8/6/16, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

We would defiantly recommend Jim as a DJ. He was very helpful from the first conversation to the day of the wedding. He was very professional and guided us through all the different pieces of our ceremony and reception. The dance floor was packed the whole time and kept the party going all night.

Profile Picture Erin, 6/11/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

I would absolutely recommend using Jim as your DJ for any event! Jim was super helpful from the first conversation I had with him. The website he provides is super easy to use and we could easily pick all of our must-haves and equally important.. do not play songs!

When it actually came time for the wedding, Jim provided songs for our ceremony outside and then kept everything going inside for our cocktail hour and reception. Everyone had such a good time and we have heard from multiple guests how great the music was! We had a few unique songs played and Jim handled them perfectly. He had so many people dancing on the dance floor we kept the party going for another half hour. Jim far exceeded our expectations and I would use his service for any future event!

Profile Picture Allyson, 5/29/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

Everyone had a great time and loved the music.

Profile Picture User5611698, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

My husband and I were extremely happy with our choice of Premier Entertainment DJ and Event Service. Jim was great to work with and helped us every step of the way. Our guest had a great time dancing all night!

Profile Picture User5077631, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Working with Jim and John at Premier Entertainment was a joy. Their professionalism and knowledge for DJ-ing weddings is impossible to beat. Friendly and accommodating, Jim worked with me on the timeline of events prior to our August 1, 2015 wedding and then John carried it all out without missing a beat at the reception. Our guests had a blast on the dance floor and they kept the music rocking and the dance floor full all night long. I highly recommend them--they are worth every penny and are a great value for the quality of services they provide. They were even able to provide the music for my processional and recessional during the ceremony beforehand. Highly recommend!!

Profile Picture User5332323, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
4.3

We used Premier Entertainment for our July 18 wedding reception, which was recommended by our venue - Grey Havens Inn. We are so glad we selected Premier Entertainment and could not have ask for better service! Jim was very helpful when developing the event timeline. John was the DJ at our event and was absolutely fantastic! He was very professional, but had a great personality and was easy to coordinate with. My guests absolutely loved him and were constantly asking me how I found such a great DJ. I would highly recommend using Premier Entertainment for your event!

Profile Picture Dawn, 7/18/15, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jim was great to work with. We were a little picky about our song choices, and had a lot of "please do not plays." He was very respectful and courteous with us and our guests. He had all the guests out on the floor dancing all night long. My husband and I didn't have a couples dance, so we didn't have a special song. At the end of the night, as our guests were shouting, "One more song!" Jim played an upbeat song by Icona Pop, which is now "our song".

Profile Picture Samantha , 7/17/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jim was the DJ at our wedding on May 30, 2015 and he had the entire room dancing all night! He mixed in my music selections along with his own choices and it worked perfectly. He even had suggestions on how to flow the scheduled dances (mother/son, father/daughter) into the dance party. He had a smile on his face the whole time and even handled all of the music requests of the guests. I planned my wedding from Ohio and he made it so easy and seamless! Jim is your guy if you are having a wedding in Maine!

Profile Picture Melissa, 5/30/15, 8 Reviews
3.0

Worst experience ever. My wedding was 10 months ago and I still think of my experience and get so furious. My family requested a song, after it did not get played they requested it again. The DJ blew up at them, asked them who they thought they were and then tossed the extra money we had given him to play longer in my (the brides) face. It was the most unprofessional thing I have every witnessed. I was so offended I was in shock for most of the night. He ruined a great time for many people and I didn't even receive an apology after my wedding. I WOULD NOT recommend this company.

Profile Picture Danielle, 9/6/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jim was absolutely fantastic to work with and provided a great party at our wedding. Everyone was out on the dance floor and he kept the party going throughout the wedding. He was extremely flexible and overall just a great DJ. Highly recommended!

Profile Picture User3365180, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We were recently married at the Samoset Resort in Rockport, ME. Being from Massachusetts we had to rely on reviews and recommendations to pick our vendors. I read the reviews for Premier Entertainment and decided to take a shot. Jim Smith replied back right away and I knew after speaking with him that this would be a good match. From the beginning he always checked in to see if we needed anything and was so helpful. He has you fill out an event planner to get a feel for the music you want and goes over it with you the week before the wedding. He made me feel very reassured and he understands how stressful wedding planning can be as he was just recently married himself. Jim was extremely professional and I would highly recommend him! He had our wedding guests on the dance floor all night. Our guests are still raving about what a great time they had. Everything was seamless with Jim from start to finish and it was a pleasure to work with him!

Profile Picture Kerri, 7/25/14, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

My new wife and I were very pleased with the level of professionalism, and the quality of our DJ services throughout our big day. We had wireless microphones for our ceremony, which made a HUGE difference, and they worked flawlessly.

For the reception, we could not have asked for anything better. Our DJ helped us shape the experience for our guests, very conveniently helped us plan the special events throughout the evening, and was VERY accommodating throughout the night. We had a blast, it was the best day of our lives, and the DJ did everything possible to help set a great mood! He kept everyone dancing all through the night!

I also want to say, the DJ was especially fantastic at making us feel more comfortable. He gave us tips on how to plan the day, gave us tips on how to cut the cake, and really assisted us to put the extra "polish" on the whole experience. He did all of this in a very friendly, professional way which only added to how awesome it was!!

I highly recommend these guys to anyone looking for a professional company that they can rely on to make their special day great! They certainly did that for us!

Profile Picture Ryan, 5/24/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I don’t think our guests would have had nearly as much fun at our wedding if Jim hadn’t been there! He managed to put all of our requested music into a great flow for the night and had people dancing the entire time. Jim was sure to ask the groom and I how we would like things to happen and had suggestions for us without making us feel like we had to do what he was suggesting. He spoke with us just enough to make us feel comfortable while not so often as to seem overbearing. The online planning system was also really great and made sure we didn’t miss anything big while we were planning. Jim was also able to keep secrets/surprises that the groom and I each had for each other without giving anything away which made things even more fun for both of us. If I was to plan another wedding hiring Jim would definitely be one of the top three things I would do the same way again!

We also booked the photo booth. I didn't interact with Mistie as much the night of the wedding, but in the lead up to the night she was great at helping us pick out a logo for our photo strips and helpful in making the changes I wanted. I heard a lot of guests complimenting how nice and accommodating she was. She even let us bring our dog in to get some photos with him! There were a ton a great props and the booth could fit a bunch of people in at the same time!

Profile Picture Kit, 5/3/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

We planned our own wedding in Maine from our home in Florida. It was a great experience and Jim promptly answered any and all questions promptly!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 3/29/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jim was very accommodating and generous throughout the entire process. Making the song list from his website was easy!
At the wedding he played what I asked for and checked in if a song requested wasn't on my list. I told him to play other songs that fit into the vibe of the guest even if the songs weren't on my list.
Overall great experience!!!

Profile Picture User3705710, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ JIM! You are simply amazing. We can't say enough good things about you. We kept hearing people saying what awesome music was being played. One of the top moments in my head of our wedding was right after the formal dances and you said "OK, well let's get this thing going" and put on a great song and people couldn't get to the dancefloor fast enough... and STAYED!!! It was such a cool thing to see! You kept the floor incredibly busy and fun and awesome and we are so happy we got to work with you for our wedding. You did an amazing job, rolled with the unexpected, and made for a flawless night. Great music selection, great attitude, great everything. We can't say enough. I would recommend you to ANYONE who is looking for a great DJ and wants to know that the dancefloor will be busy and popular. You are amazing..... and you worked with us on your BIRTHDAY!!! THANK YOU!!!!! We really are so happy and thank you again.

Profile Picture Lindsay, 10/5/13, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jim was amazing to work with. He was prefect in every way - professional, prompt, great at communication, had an excellent system that allowed us to be as involved in music selection as possible, and had a personality that made everything so much easier. He was fun, humorous, professional and really pleasant to work with. He had an amazing selection of music and kept the dancefloor going AT ALL TIMES. He was incredible and we were so happy that we worked with him - he was the glue that made our wedding as fun as it was. THANK YOU!

Profile Picture Lindsay, 10/5/13, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jim was excellent! He helped me set a timeline for the day and gave many suggestions for music choices. The up lighting we chose made the tent look fabulous!

Profile Picture Liz, 9/14/13, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jim did an amazing job DJ'ing our wedding. The dance floor was NEVER empty and we had so much fun. Played a great balance of songs to keep people moving. Had a blast. Would definitely recommend Jim as a DJ.

Profile Picture Liz, 9/14/13, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

One of Jim's associates, John, DJ'ed our wedding reception in Camden, Maine this summer. He was phenomenal. I like more club and dance music, but our families have a lot of older folks that enjoy oldies and country. I told him this as sort of a loose guideline and the mix of music he provided was simply perfect. The dance floor was packed all night and our guests are still raving about it being the best wedding reception ever. There were members of my family on the floor busting a move that I have NEVER seen dance before! I can't recommend John enough!

Profile Picture Erica, 8/24/13, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jim is a fantastic DJ who definitely knows what it takes to be a professional wedding DJ. He provided us with music for our outdoor ceremony, our cocktail hour and our reception at a very reasonable rate. He even stayed later at the end of the night to help us continue our party with our closest friends. He was very helpful in planning our day and provided us with excellent suggestions that made our wedding go very smoothly. Several of my guests commented on his services and one of my friends even decided to book him for her wedding next year. I would highly recommend Jim's services to anyone.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 7/6/13, 5 Reviews