Oxon Hill Manor Reviews

64 | Oxon Hill, MD

64 Reviews for Oxon Hill Manor

Rosie · Married on 08/16/2014

We couldn't have found a better place to get married and celebrate with our loved ones. The Manor is stunning and the staff was so helpful and friendly. We kept receiving compliments for the venue, but we really didn't have to do any decorating since the house and the grounds are so beautiful. Thank you to the staff for all your help and hospitality.

Sent on 08/25/2014

Linda · Married on 06/27/2014

We could not have asked for a more perfect venue for our wedding service and luncheon. The weather was perfect and our guests loved the manor and all it's scenery. The price for a lunch venue for a wedding was very reasonabable. The staff are very friendly and helpful to someone from out of state. If you are looking for a Pride and Prejudice scene for you wedding this is the place!

Sent on 07/21/2014

Christine · Married on 06/13/2014

We had a wonderful wedding at Oxon Hill Manor. The grounds were beautiful, the house is very well maintained and air conditioned. :) It was the perfect venue for our 170 guest wedding.

Sharon Williams and her associates were very friendly and helpful leading up to the event were friendly and helpful, and the staff on site during the day of were great.

Sent on 07/18/2014

Melissa · Married on 05/16/2014

The people in the office were very friendly and helpful throughout the entire 2 year process. We were lucky enough to win 4 hours at a Bridal Showcase so for us the cost for the additional 3 hours was well worth the cost. The venue was set up as planned and the staff was courteous and even helped us pack up at the end. If you want an absolutely gorgeous venue this is a wonderful place to make your dreams come true. Thank you. MAB

Sent on 06/10/2014

Lenee · Married on 09/26/2013

absolutely stunning venue. great staff, great views

Sent on 12/17/2013

Bess · Married on 07/05/2013

Oxon Hill Manor is a gorgeous wedding reception venue for an amazing price!!! There are three big rooms that are decorated beautifully, a big terrace, big patio, and gorgeous grounds. The grounds are beautifully manicured. The ladies in the office are very nice and helpful. They have all their own chairs and tables, so you don't have to pay for rentals.

Sent on 07/19/2013

Claire · Married on 07/07/2012

I LOVED having my wedding ceremony and reception at Oxon Hill Manor! The grounds were beautiful, the manor home was beautiful, and the price was right for what you got. The venue looked wonderful in our wedding pictures. The staff was easy to deal with both before and during the wedding. I would recommend this venue to anyone.

The only “negative” thing I have to report is that there wasn’t a room indoors to accommodate all 117 guests. We had to split up our guests between the dining room and library for the dinner. This was a minor negative thing for us. I believe some couples decide to erect a tent on the back terrace so that they can fit all guests in one “room” for dinner.

Sent on 08/01/2012

Affordable elegance. We loved our venue and so did our guests. They also helped by recommending several local vendors to us, which was nice since we didn't have a wedding planner and didn't know where to start looking for reputable vendors.

Sent on 05/14/2013

Bruce · Married on 06/23/2012

The Oxon Hill Manor is a hidden gem right over the Wilson Bridge in MD. It is an absolutely stunning setting, & is perfect if you are looking for a venue that is a little different (the scenary & grounds are gorgeous & it has 3 separate rooms set aside for meal service, so you do not have a banquet hall feel). The staff is terrific to deal with - helpful, competent, & so courteous. They make everything very easy, & work with you throughout. And the pricing is quite reasonable, particularly if you are a PG County resident. Being a County facility, there are a few requirements/restrictions, but nothing too hindering. We received a host of compliments about our venue. Reserve this venue early, because it fills up more quickly now that it is becoming more well known.

Sent on 06/28/2012
  • User1204935 · 2+ years ago

I cannot say enough great things about Oxon Hill Manor as a wedding venue - they were the BEST priced option in the DC area for such high quality and well maintained grounds, and within a much closer distance from the city than comparable properties which all of our guests really appreciated. The ladies in the events management office, especially Ms. Alita, were always very responsive and accommodating to our timing and vendor requests. We had no issues setting up our tent for the outdoor reception or the seating for our ceremony, and all of our vendors appreciated the staff's assistance as well as the spacious kitchen and staging areas. And nothing can beat the expansive view of the Potomac from the gardens, which was further augmented by a spectacular sunset during our reception. Thank you, Oxon Hill, for making our wedding planning that much easier and our wedding location so spectacular!

Sent on 12/19/2012

Robin · Married on 12/17/2011

My wedding was the week before Christmas and the Mansion was lovely - filled with decorations for the holidays. The staff there was accommodating and friendly, helping me get everything in place within 3-months of planning.

Sent on 12/27/2011

Chaquita · Married on 09/24/2011

I wanted to get married at Oxon Hill Manor since I was a child. On Sept.24, 2011 this dream came true. I am very glad that this dream came with excellent service. Oxon Hill Manor is absolutely gorgeous! The inside of the manor and the grounds are breath taking.

Sent on 05/08/2013

Nicole · Married on 09/07/2015

The venue was absolutely FABULOUS!! Gorgeous gardens with beautiful flowers overlooking the Potomac River and the National Harbor. The interior of OHM is beautiful and quaint. The bridal suite is lovely for getting dressed and prepped. We used the tented patio for cocktail hour and had dinner and dancing inside OHM. We opted to use the dining room and library for dining for 84 people. We had our sweetheart table for 2 (couple), 8 tables with 8 place settings and 2 tables with 9 place settings. We had 6 tables in the dining room and 4 tables in the library. Our buffet dinner was set up in the foyer area along the wall and the cake set up in the living room (drawing room). The guests LOVED the venue and our photographs (Charlie P. Windsor Photography) were simply AMAZING!! Please know that this is a historic venue so yes there are a lot of rules which are designed to preserve the beauty of the manor. Those rules did NOT prevent us from having a FABULOUS event!! The onsite staff during our event were wonderful and professional. They ensured that everything on the outside was set up to our specifications and ensured a seamless set-up and break down by all of our vendors. A couple of minor administrative errors (incorrect pricing provided, mistakes on the contract, delayed mailing of time sensitive contract) during booking of the venue occurred but nothing that affected the final outcome - A BEAUTIFUL, FLAWLESS, PLATINUM AFFAIR ENJOYED BY ALL ON 9-7-2015!!!

Sent on 09/17/2015
  • Kysha

Kysha · Married on 06/23/2013

I got married on June 23, 2013, my guest and my husband and I LOVED the facility. The video is on youtube under Biscoe Wedding.

Sent on 09/18/2013

Elyse · Married on 06/26/2016

We fell in love with Oxon Hill Manor during our first visit. The Manor is classy and elegant, and the garden is beautiful!! And I LOVED the bridal suite! It was the perfect place that I was looking for. It's not a huge place but will definitely be able to host a medium size (~150 guests) wedding. Communication was a little tough at the beginning with different people helping us (sometimes you had to explain stuff over again) but this problem was solved early on when Gerai became our key contact. Gerai is amazing, she was super responsive and was always willing to work with us. She also submitted the deposit return request for us very promptly and we received it shortly after the wedding. The only draw back I would say is the required tent fee if your wedding date is during early spring to end of fall even if you don't intend to use it. The tent was beautifully draped though. Also, there are also other restrictions such as their red beverage policy, no makeup/hair spray products in the bridal suite, etc. But those didn't really bother me at all since I didn't serve red wine and didn't get ready there. Thank you Oxon Hill Manor and especially Gerai for making our wedding planning so smooth and painless!

Sent on 08/12/2016

Scott · Married on 06/05/2015

Oxon Hill Manor was a glorious location for our wedding. The venue produced picturesque moments for the ceremony and the reception. We were able to utilize every room and outdoor space to highlight everything the venue has to offer. All of our guests were blown away by the venue and they were asking if they could host their events at Oxon Hill as well. The staff were quick with responses and outlined everything that we could do at the venue.

Oxon Hill Manor is an amazing location that will make your friends jealous without hurting your wallet.

Sent on 08/15/2015
  • User4382092 · 2+ years ago

Oxon Hill was absolutely gorgeous, even in the dead of our season. The proximity to airports and hotels was fantastic! Our guests marveled at the beauty of the place the whole night. The grounds lend for some amazing photographs!
    My only issue was with them asking for the same papers filled out multiple times and having too many contacts- it would have been better to work with one person the entire time instead of multiple people.
    Otherwise- this place is great!

Sent on 04/04/2015

Tanya · Married on 09/20/2014

This was such a great venue and such a bargain for PG county residents. The manor and the grounds are gorgeous - the building inside and out, the gardens were green and had many flowers. The fountain and reflecting pool were awesome as well. Everyone, including us, was surprised at how nice the place was, considering the price. It was fun for everyone to explore the grounds.
    We got the tent at a great discount since it was already set up for the season.
    Overall beautiful and bargain venue

Sent on 10/27/2014

sherri · Married on 10/06/2013

Oxon Hill Manor was gorgeous. Guests at the wedding asked numerous times how we found such a beautiful setting. We looked at multiple mansions in the area, and none came close to Oxon Hill Manor. For us, the deciding factor was the tent. When we originally saw it, we loved the grounds and the interior, but didn't feel the interior space would work for us. To put up a tent ourselves, it was cost ineffective.....But, when we found out that they offered a tent at a fraction of the cost, we couldn't sign fast enough. All the staff was wonderful to work with, and made this aspect of the planning enjoyable.

Sent on 10/31/2013

Lakeysha · Married on 09/22/2013

The grounds at the manor were beautiful! The mansion was clean and floors were polished. The staff were responsive and courteous. I felt as if everyone was there to make my day as perfect as possible. Everything was setup as I submitted on my layout form. There are several rules that you have to be mindful of however there is nothing in the contract that would hinder your day from being great.

Sent on 10/03/2013

Tricia · Married on 08/05/2018

I had my wedding on August 5, 2018 at Oxon Hill Manor, and it was the best decision we ever made. The grounds are beautiful and immaculate. We wanted a garden style wedding and got exactly what we wanted.

Our ceremony was outdoors, and we took the best pictures. In the months leading up to our wedding, it was great to work with the people in the office. While they have strict rules on what you can & cannot do at the venue, they are there for a great reason. The folks in the office very responsive to any questions we had, and they worked beautifully with our planner. I am proud of the end result of our wedding at Oxon Hill Manor. It is definitely a place worth checking out.

Sent on 09/26/2018

Melissa · Married on 08/02/2015

I love Oxon Hill Manor! It is very beautiful. I great a great outdoor wedding. The views are amazing. My guest thought it was gorgeous!
    The only thing that bothered me was that they aren't as good with their paperwork as I would like. I had to submit somethings to them twice.
    Overall, the staff is very nice, and I had a great wedding. I'm sad that I don't have a reason to visit the venue any more.

Sent on 09/18/2015
  • Emilyn

Emilyn · Married on 09/14/2013

Oxon Hill Manor was the perfect setting for our wedding reception. The manor and its surrounding grounds are very beautiful and picturesque. Also, the office staff were all very helpful and pleasant to work with. Keep in mind that you do have some rules and regulations to follow if planning to have an event here. None of this was ever an issue for us when we were planning our wedding but it is something to be aware of. We ended up booking with a caterer that has worked with Oxon Hill Manor numerous times and that helped out tremendously since they were comfortable with how things worked there and knew how to make solid floor plan. In the end, everything turned out exactly as I had imagined it. Definitely check out this hidden gem!

Sent on 10/17/2013

V · Married on 03/24/2012

3.5

The mansion was fabulous. It was exactly what we wanted and the price was right, off season. We provided the decorations for the mantles and the caterer set it up perfectly! The only problem we encountered was that it was unseasonably warm inside and we had to open the doors which allowed the mansion to cool off but some of the guests were cold. My wife could not eat because she had gotten too hot and was very uncomfortable. Who knew it would be that warm in March!

If you are looking for a mansion, we highly recommend this one. The grounds are beautiful!

Sent on 04/26/2012

Stephanie · Married on 09/16/2017

3.0

Schedule early and ask lots of questions

Sent on 09/30/2017