Olga's Bridal and Formal Couture Reviews

135 Reviews for Olga's Bridal and Formal Couture

• Lee

Lee Frankel · Getting married on 11/08/2021

Olga is the Best. Run, don't walk

If you have the chance to work with Olga, run, don't walk. She has a very busy calendar but finds a way to fit in every bride. Her work is exquisite. In addition to bridal wear, she has helped us with numerous formal (and other) dresses. It is always perfect. No one does it better, we are lucky to have her in Raleigh.

Sent on 02/12/2020

Catherine Bernstein · Getting married on 09/03/2021

If you are in the Triangle area, get your wedding dress altered here!!!

Olga Jr. was absolutely incredible--between the delicate mesh on the back of my wedding dress and my pretty short torso, it was definitely not an easy tailoring job. But she made it fit like a glove! It literally looked like it was made for me, and she did all the work so quickly and for such a good price. Also the bustle was very intuitive to put together and looked gorgeous. And both her and her grandmother were lovely and so easy to work with! They are by far the best at what they do and I can't recommend them enough.

Sent on 04/13/2020
  • Rachel

Rachel Frank · Married on 09/19/2020

DO IT, you won't regret it!! She is the BEST!

If you are looking for someone to trust with your mom's old wedding dress like I was, look no further! From day one, Olga did an absolutely outstanding job bringing to life a modern version of my mom's classic wedding gown. She far exceeded my expectations and created a memory we will never forget. Mom, Dad, AND groom cried! THANK YOU, from the bottom of our hearts, for your kindness and flexibility during such an uncertain time. The memories you have helped create will never be forgotten. Olga is patient, kind, fair with her prices, and delivers top notch customer service. BOOK HER ASAP, you won't regret it!!

Sent on 09/24/2020
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth King · Married on 09/19/2020

Olga is amazing!

Olga Jr. was amazing! In the month before my wedding Olga worked hard to make sure my dress fit like a glove. The dress needed both a hem and to be taken in, which was no easy task considering all the lace and layers. When it came to the veil, I wanted to add lace from my dress to my mom's vintage veil that she wore to her wedding. Olga worked to design the perfect, custom veil which became my favorite part of the dress!

Olga was professional and fast and did a fantastic job working with all of the delicate materials. Not to mention that all of the alterations came in well under budget. I honestly still can't believe how good everything came out -- I can't recommend Olga enough!

Sent on 10/07/2020
  • Sydney

Sydney Loy · Married on 03/14/2020

My dress was absolutely perfect!

Olga is a wedding dress magician! I lost roughly 40-pounds between when I bought my dress and my wedding day & Olga made sure it still fit perfectly. She made sure I didn't spend my wedding day hiking up my dress by adding an elastic band that had a bra-like clasp. She also added boning, a new zipper, & removed 4 or 5 layers of tulle. Olga added a broach to cover where the dress was altered and was able to create a custom veil that matched PERFECTLY. This dress ended up being my absolutely DREAM - and it was all because of Olga. I recommend her to anyone needing wedding dress or other formal alterations.

Sent on 03/29/2020
  • Amanda

Amanda Khalil · Married on 11/02/2019

Just Perfect!

Do not take your wedding dress anywhere else! Olga did an AMAZING job altering my dress that was very heavily beaded in just 2 visits! She also created a beautiful bustle for my gown. Thank you, Olga!

Sent on 11/16/2019
  • Lisa

Lisa Marley · Married on 10/19/2019

Perfect bustle!

Olga did a fantastic job altering my daughter's dress. Her hem suggestions were spot on and the bustle was easy. She had us film how to bustle the dress with my phone so all I had to do was forward it to the maid of honor on the day. She watched it as she bustled the dress with no problem. It was perfect and my daughter danced the night away. Thanks Olga!

Sent on 10/27/2019

Jordan W. · Married on 07/10/2019

Better than I could have imagined

Olga Senior (there is also an Olga Junior) was absolutely amazing. By the time she was finished with my wedding dress, it felt like it was made for me. I had a lot of lace detailing that could have made alterations an obstacle for someone less experienced, but Olga Sr. handled it like the pro she is. In addition to her talent, she has a great sense of humor and her prices are reasonable. If you mention her in the triangle bridal world, everyone knows her name and highly recommends her. I have already suggested her to a coworker!

Sent on 10/07/2019
  • Renesha

Renesha Henderson · Married on 06/29/2019

Amazingly Talented

Olga Sr. did such a wonderful job customizing my wedding dress for me. The intricate design of the appliques on my gown was one that she had never encountered before. Despite this, she graciously accepted the challenge and was able to hem my gown without compromising its original design. Her level of professionalism, turnaround time, and affordability is unmatched. I promise that you will not regret hiring Olga as your wedding dress seamstress. Stop wasting time and book her now!

Sent on 07/19/2019

Angela Camille · Married on 05/31/2019

Unbelievably Talented

You can't go wrong with either Olga (grandmother and granddaughter) for your wedding alterations. I worked with the younger for all my alterations. From the start she was very responsive and flexible with scheduling fittings around both of our travel schedules. The work on my dress is absolutely impeccable - my friends didn't believe the very delicate lace dress had actually been hemmed! She even gave a tutorial on how to bustle the dress that my friends were able to follow without any difficulty, and the dress stayed put exactly where it should be all night long. I highly recommend Olga for any brides looking for alterations.

Sent on 06/01/2019

Lauren Guidotti · Married on 05/10/2019

Amazing seamstress!

Olga and her granddaughter are amazing seamstresses, and I highly recommend them to any bride! While I brought my dress new, it was extremely big in some areas due to the standard sizing provided by the maker. Olga and her granddaughter were able to make the dress fit perfectly in all areas and made me feel absolutely beautiful. The dress had intricate lace and trim detailing along with a long train and they did beautiful work to alter the length and retain the lace trim, along with giving me a beautiful bustle that complemented the dress shape. Definitely call Olga months before your wedding to be able to get on her schedule as she was booked months in advance during my wedding (called in March, booked for August). I wouldn’t trust my dress with anyone else!

Sent on 01/02/2020
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 04/06/2019

Perfect! Flawless fit

Based on other good reviews, I made sure to call right away as soon as I had my dress so that I could fit into the schedule. When I bought the dress, I had been so worried about the alterations, because I knew they would be major and more than I could handle myself. Since I sew, I didn’t know how to ensure the level of quality I was looking for--I had a friend who got a dress altered somewhere else and the stitching was just sloppy. But I was not disappointed. The fittings went so smoothly--after the first visit, I knew I could trust her and that my dress was in good hands. She did a lot of work with fitting a lace jacket onto a strapless dress, the giant lace hem, and the bustle. She put a lot of care into her work, and her craftsmanship is excellent. The dress fit perfectly, and I got so many compliments. I felt beautiful in my outfit on the wedding day.

Sent on 11/23/2019
  • Caitlin

Caitlin · Married on 12/02/2018

Best seamstress ever!!!

I seriously can’t recommend Olga enough! After ordering a dress online, even with giving custom measurements it ended up extremely unfitting. It took a lot of work, but she was able to reconstruct the entire top and repair the uneven train on my dress, and the simple bustle she added made me fall even more in live with it. I’m not exaggerating that my dress felt like it was made for me after she was done with it; it fit me so well, and I felt incredible wearing it on my wedding day. I’m so grateful that she was able to fit me in so soon with her busy schedule, and that she took the time she did to fix my precious nightmare of a dress into a dream come true.

Sent on 01/28/2019

Julie · Married on 09/29/2018

Olga was great to work with and really knows her stuff! She was able to transform a dress that belonged to my Mom and Grandmother into something that I can not only fit in, but kept as much of the original dress as possible!

Sent on 09/11/2018

Kasey · Married on 09/02/2018

Olga was a lifesaver! After a last minute move from NYC to Atlanta just weeks before my Durham wedding, I was left in a pinch regarding where to get my dress altered. When we first called, Olga informed us she was booked through November. HOWEVER, she also let us know that she had recently cancelled a vacation and that she could squeeze me into a 4 day window before our September wedding. Olga was so kind and easy to work with and handled my heavily beaded dress with such care. Her alterations were perfect - the dress looks custom made. She also added in a beautiful bustle which was not easy to do with the style and beading on my dress. Working with Olga was one of the best decisions I've made during the whole wedding planning process! I can't recommend her enough!

Sent on 08/29/2018

Sandra · Married on 09/01/2018

Highly Recommend!

Both Olgas (Grandmother and Granddaughter) were exceptionally skilled, professional, creative, delightful seamstresses. They paid attention to every detail when altering my daughter's wedding gown, including making helpful suggestions that we had not thought of. The bustle that they meticulously designed, accentuated the beautiful lace pattern on the dress. Every step of the way, it was clear that the gown was in the very best hands.

Sent on 10/19/2018

Lauren · Married on 04/28/2018

Raleigh brides, I would not take your dress anywhere but to Olga! Olga is absolutely amazing at what she does and I truely thank her for it.

I purchased a 2011 Pronovias lace wedding dress off the internet in December for my February wedding. It ended up being 2 sizes too big and more plain than I had originally thought. I took the dress to David's Bridal to try on some shapeware to smooth out my lines and help the dress fit more & I left there with two undergarments that actually made me look bulkier in the dress and were very annoying because I had to keep pulling the strapless up.

I found Olga's name and great reviews here on Wedding Wire and called her in a panick. She was fully booked but ended up having a change of plans around the holidays and told me she would work through Christmas (which she was originally going to take off from work) and that she would fix my dress no problem. Within three weeks and three fittings she was able to complete my dress in such an impeccable manner! My dress was at least 2 sizes too big, all lace with no seams, and had 4 pieces of lining. She made that dress fit like a glove! Not only did she do an amazing job with the alterations, but she told me to get rid of those undergarments that Davids sold me. She built in a bra into the dress that is absolutely genious!! My dress stays up even when it's not zipped so I dont have to be tugging at it all night. She also had amazing ideas about a sash and she sewed on a sash with all the little crystals and sewed tight a gorgeous french bow on the back of the dress that snaps just when I zip my dress! She is really amazing! Her prices are very reasonable and her work is perfect. I wouldnt trust my dress with anyone else.

Thanks Olga!!

-Lauren

Sent on 02/01/2013

Katie · Married on 04/28/2018

This experience was so easy and fun! Olga (the younger) was so wonderfully patient and willing to tweak little details for me until they were exactly right. She never made me feel rushed and was enjoyable to talk to. My dress is perfect and the alterations are high quality. Highly recommend!

Sent on 03/06/2018

CLASINA · Married on 03/17/2018

Both Olga Sr. and Olga Jr. are extremely professional and capable of turning a wedding dress with lots of beads and lace that is at least 2 sizes too large into a custom-made creation. The dress looked wonderful and lots of compliments were made by family and friends. Very happy with a fantastic job and we would highly recommend Olga! Especially for an important event, do not mess up by taking chances, go with the best! Thank you, Olga!

Sent on 03/19/2018

Cara · Married on 10/27/2017

I so loved working with these ladies! They did a spectacular job with the bustle and minor adjustments I needed with my dress. I also had some last minute changes in availability and they were happy to work with me. I can't say enough good things about Olga's!!! Just go there :).

Sent on 12/18/2017

sara · Married on 10/14/2017

I can't say enough how THANKFUL I am for BOTH Olgas! I was faced with the worst scenario ever... not one, but two dresses were ruined by a tailor in Charlotte---- after the original dress arrived late. We were one week out from the wedding, and I drove daily to Raleigh to have Olga work on my dress (3 hours each way). She managed to take a size 10 to a size 4! Olga was so detail oriented... she spent extra time adding small cotton padding to the bust and hips to smooth out wrinkles and even out proportions. The gown was beautiful when they were done... every detail was looked at. They pride themselves on their quality of work... every- single- detail. At a time that I thought I wouldn't have a dress, both of the Olgas reassured me, and took the anxiety away! When I look back at my pictures, I'm so thankful that another bride recommended them! (And I'm even more thankful that they fit me into their schedule! Olga said "it's the biggest day of your life, how could I say no") .

Sent on 02/26/2018

Jocelyn · Married on 10/13/2017

Olga was INCREDIBLE! She turned my mother's 40-year-old dress into my dream wedding dress. She went above and beyond. Worth every penny.

Sent on 06/27/2018

Erin · Married on 09/23/2017

My dress was ordered to fit in the hips which meant it was too big everywhere else. When I tried on my dress and saw it was too long I was so afraid I was going to lose all the pretty lace that made me fall in love with my dress. I called Olga (the grandmother) and set up an appointment, she did make sure to ask me about doing it too early because a second set of alterations is expensive. When I got to their house for my first fitting I tried on the dress and the Olgas talked a little to each other about what needed to be done and then grandma went upstairs and the younger Olga started marking all the alterations that needed to be done. She had to take out some boning and add it in else where, she had to add cups to the dress and an elastic band so I won't have to wear a bra day of. She did a ton of lace work on my dress to insure I lost no lace and worked countless hours on making my dress amazing. The bustle she created is also stunning!! My mom and I are so happy with how my dress turned out. Each time we worked with Olga the granddaughter and she just kept saying how much she loved my dress!! I am so excited to wear this gorgeous masterpiece for my wedding day!

Sent on 08/01/2017

Alice · Married on 09/23/2017

Oh my goodness I can not say enough things about Olga. I brought my non-traditional wedding dress to her and after 2 QUICK fittings, she perfected it! I bought a dress a couple sizes too big, but she went further and made sure cups and the right tucks throughout fit me perfectly. Olga is easy to work with, and the work is TOP NOTCH quality. Note that because of how amazing her work is you will want to call well in advance- I found a dress very quickly after getting engaged on Christmas and called her the day after the dress arrived in order to get an appointment :). My sister, my best friend and I have ALL had Olga fit our wedding dresses and I can't say enough good things. THANK YOU OLGA!!

Sent on 01/05/2018

Erin · Married on 09/23/2017

I worked with the younger Olga, Olga was hands down the best seemstress I have ever worked with. My dress needed a lot of lace work and I didn't want to lose any of the gorgeous design. She moved the top lace overlay up 2.5 inches by hand, this lady is a miracle worker. I also needed the top brought in a little on the sides and the top part of my dress was all one lace piece. She also fixed this flawlessly. Every time I went for a fitting I fell in love with my dress all over again. She also did my bustle and hid the books in my dress. I would send anyone to Olga for wedding dress alterations for sure.

Sent on 03/17/2018