Olga's Bridal and Formal Couture Reviews

Olga's Bridal and Formal Couture 7
  • Caitlin

Caitlin · Married on 12/02/2018

Best seamstress ever!!!

I seriously can’t recommend Olga enough! After ordering a dress online, even with giving custom measurements it ended up extremely unfitting. It took a lot of work, but she was able to reconstruct the entire top and repair the uneven train on my dress, and the simple bustle she added made me fall even more in live with it. I’m not exaggerating that my dress felt like it was made for me after she was done with it; it fit me so well, and I felt incredible wearing it on my wedding day. I’m so grateful that she was able to fit me in so soon with her busy schedule, and that she took the time she did to fix my precious nightmare of a dress into a dream come true.

Olga's Bridal and Formal Couture 8

Julie · Married on 09/29/2018

Olga was great to work with and really knows her stuff! She was able to transform a dress that belonged to my Mom and Grandmother into something that I can not only fit in, but kept as much of the original dress as possible!

Kasey · Married on 09/02/2018

Olga was a lifesaver! After a last minute move from NYC to Atlanta just weeks before my Durham wedding, I was left in a pinch regarding where to get my dress altered. When we first called, Olga informed us she was booked through November. HOWEVER, she also let us know that she had recently cancelled a vacation and that she could squeeze me into a 4 day window before our September wedding. Olga was so kind and easy to work with and handled my heavily beaded dress with such care. Her alterations were perfect - the dress looks custom made. She also added in a beautiful bustle which was not easy to do with the style and beading on my dress. Working with Olga was one of the best decisions I've made during the whole wedding planning process! I can't recommend her enough!

Sandra · Married on 09/01/2018

Highly Recommend!

Both Olgas (Grandmother and Granddaughter) were exceptionally skilled, professional, creative, delightful seamstresses. They paid attention to every detail when altering my daughter's wedding gown, including making helpful suggestions that we had not thought of. The bustle that they meticulously designed, accentuated the beautiful lace pattern on the dress. Every step of the way, it was clear that the gown was in the very best hands.

Lauren · Married on 04/28/2018

Raleigh brides, I would not take your dress anywhere but to Olga! Olga is absolutely amazing at what she does and I truely thank her for it.

I purchased a 2011 Pronovias lace wedding dress off the internet in December for my February wedding. It ended up being 2 sizes too big and more plain than I had originally thought. I took the dress to David's Bridal to try on some shapeware to smooth out my lines and help the dress fit more & I left there with two undergarments that actually made me look bulkier in the dress and were very annoying because I had to keep pulling the strapless up.

I found Olga's name and great reviews here on Wedding Wire and called her in a panick. She was fully booked but ended up having a change of plans around the holidays and told me she would work through Christmas (which she was originally going to take off from work) and that she would fix my dress no problem. Within three weeks and three fittings she was able to complete my dress in such an impeccable manner! My dress was at least 2 sizes too big, all lace with no seams, and had 4 pieces of lining. She made that dress fit like a glove! Not only did she do an amazing job with the alterations, but she told me to get rid of those undergarments that Davids sold me. She built in a bra into the dress that is absolutely genious!! My dress stays up even when it's not zipped so I dont have to be tugging at it all night. She also had amazing ideas about a sash and she sewed on a sash with all the little crystals and sewed tight a gorgeous french bow on the back of the dress that snaps just when I zip my dress! She is really amazing! Her prices are very reasonable and her work is perfect. I wouldnt trust my dress with anyone else.

Thanks Olga!!

-Lauren

Katie · Married on 04/28/2018

This experience was so easy and fun! Olga (the younger) was so wonderfully patient and willing to tweak little details for me until they were exactly right. She never made me feel rushed and was enjoyable to talk to. My dress is perfect and the alterations are high quality. Highly recommend!

CLASINA · Married on 03/17/2018

Both Olga Sr. and Olga Jr. are extremely professional and capable of turning a wedding dress with lots of beads and lace that is at least 2 sizes too large into a custom-made creation. The dress looked wonderful and lots of compliments were made by family and friends. Very happy with a fantastic job and we would highly recommend Olga! Especially for an important event, do not mess up by taking chances, go with the best! Thank you, Olga!

Cara · Married on 10/27/2017

I so loved working with these ladies! They did a spectacular job with the bustle and minor adjustments I needed with my dress. I also had some last minute changes in availability and they were happy to work with me. I can't say enough good things about Olga's!!! Just go there :).

sara · Married on 10/14/2017

I can't say enough how THANKFUL I am for BOTH Olgas! I was faced with the worst scenario ever... not one, but two dresses were ruined by a tailor in Charlotte---- after the original dress arrived late. We were one week out from the wedding, and I drove daily to Raleigh to have Olga work on my dress (3 hours each way). She managed to take a size 10 to a size 4! Olga was so detail oriented... she spent extra time adding small cotton padding to the bust and hips to smooth out wrinkles and even out proportions. The gown was beautiful when they were done... every detail was looked at. They pride themselves on their quality of work... every- single- detail. At a time that I thought I wouldn't have a dress, both of the Olgas reassured me, and took the anxiety away! When I look back at my pictures, I'm so thankful that another bride recommended them! (And I'm even more thankful that they fit me into their schedule! Olga said "it's the biggest day of your life, how could I say no") .

Jocelyn · Married on 10/13/2017

Olga was INCREDIBLE! She turned my mother's 40-year-old dress into my dream wedding dress. She went above and beyond. Worth every penny.

Erin · Married on 09/23/2017

My dress was ordered to fit in the hips which meant it was too big everywhere else. When I tried on my dress and saw it was too long I was so afraid I was going to lose all the pretty lace that made me fall in love with my dress. I called Olga (the grandmother) and set up an appointment, she did make sure to ask me about doing it too early because a second set of alterations is expensive. When I got to their house for my first fitting I tried on the dress and the Olgas talked a little to each other about what needed to be done and then grandma went upstairs and the younger Olga started marking all the alterations that needed to be done. She had to take out some boning and add it in else where, she had to add cups to the dress and an elastic band so I won't have to wear a bra day of. She did a ton of lace work on my dress to insure I lost no lace and worked countless hours on making my dress amazing. The bustle she created is also stunning!! My mom and I are so happy with how my dress turned out. Each time we worked with Olga the granddaughter and she just kept saying how much she loved my dress!! I am so excited to wear this gorgeous masterpiece for my wedding day!

Alice · Married on 09/23/2017

Oh my goodness I can not say enough things about Olga. I brought my non-traditional wedding dress to her and after 2 QUICK fittings, she perfected it! I bought a dress a couple sizes too big, but she went further and made sure cups and the right tucks throughout fit me perfectly. Olga is easy to work with, and the work is TOP NOTCH quality. Note that because of how amazing her work is you will want to call well in advance- I found a dress very quickly after getting engaged on Christmas and called her the day after the dress arrived in order to get an appointment :). My sister, my best friend and I have ALL had Olga fit our wedding dresses and I can't say enough good things. THANK YOU OLGA!!

Olga's Bridal and Formal Couture 9
    Olga's Bridal and Formal Couture 10
    Olga's Bridal and Formal Couture 11
    Olga's Bridal and Formal Couture 12

Erin · Married on 09/23/2017

I worked with the younger Olga, Olga was hands down the best seemstress I have ever worked with. My dress needed a lot of lace work and I didn't want to lose any of the gorgeous design. She moved the top lace overlay up 2.5 inches by hand, this lady is a miracle worker. I also needed the top brought in a little on the sides and the top part of my dress was all one lace piece. She also fixed this flawlessly. Every time I went for a fitting I fell in love with my dress all over again. She also did my bustle and hid the books in my dress. I would send anyone to Olga for wedding dress alterations for sure.

Olga's Bridal and Formal Couture 13
    Olga's Bridal and Formal Couture 14

Michelle · Married on 09/09/2017

Olga did a fantastic job on my mother's wedding dress from 41 years ago. She was able to update it to look more modern and I will be wearing it in a few weeks! It turned out better than I was expecting and highly recommend working with Olga.

Caitlin · Married on 09/09/2017

Olga was wonderful! She did an amazing job altering my dress and was very accommodating in the process! I would highly recommend her services!

Heidi · Married on 08/05/2017

When I got engaged, I decided to wear a dress that has been worn in my family for four generations-- it was handmade in 1954 and worn in the same style since. I brought his satin and lace masterpiece to Olga and not only did she treat it with care and respect, she treated it like it was her own. She updated the dress very quickly with expert precision, made it modern, converted it from a button all the way up to a corset back and made a few adjustments so that women from size 2-size 10 could wear it. She made sure this heirloom could be worn by generations to come. Thank you Olga for helping me make cherished memories and helping us continue to make them.

Sarah · Married on 05/13/2017

Olga is the absolute best out there! Just make sure you reach out to her quickly because she books up quickly. Olga restored and altered my mother's wedding dress and it's better than I could have ever imagined or dreamed up. I loved all of her ideas! She also made me a custom veil to match the lace, everything about the experience was amazing and she's so talented! I'm so glad I went to Olga to make my wedding dress experience so perfect!

Jayme · Married on 04/29/2017

Olga (grandmother) came recommended to me by multiple people and I am so glad I found her! My dress was at least 2 sizes too big when it was ordered so alterations were a nightmare. My dress was made of lace and had 7 layers total. Olga had to alter each layer individually, add boning and custom beading, and carefully cut the lace and stitch it back together without noticing. It took multiple appointments and cost more than I expected, but her work was top notch and 100% worth it. Olga transformed my dress so by the end it fit me perfectly like it was made only for me. She worked around my schedule to accommodate me and she listened to my concerns and suggestions. She even did some extra work for free. I would not trust anyone else but the Olga's for wedding dress alterations. THESE LADIES ARE THE BEST and I am forever grateful!

Rebecca · Married on 10/16/2016

Olga is absolutely amazing! I wanted to wear my mother's wedding dress (originally made by my grandmother), but the style was very outdated. She listened to all of my requests and transformed my dress into a beautiful modern gown that still felt like it was my mom's (and grandmother's)! She went out of her way on many occasions and treated my dress like her own. My dress was beyond perfect when she was finished. I cannot say enough great things about her - I wouldn't go to anyone else!

Heather · Married on 08/20/2016

Olga and her granddaughter, Olga are the best! They were able to do exactly what I wanted, even if they thought it was a strange request! They were very good at explaining what need to be done to achieve each alteration and what would work or wouldn't work. Everything was done in a timely manor and done at a very reasonable rate. I am very thankful to them for taking such care with my dress and being so patient with me. I booked my appointment right after I got my dress to insure that they were available.

Nicole · Married on 08/20/2016

Olga & her granddaughter were made to alter dresses. I bought my dress, Lian Carlo design, from a sample sale in SLC, Utah. It was a $4,500 guipure lace gown in a size 12. I am just shy of a 00 (I generally wear Kids 12/14). I found Olga from Google, and she had millions of great reviews. So I put all my trust, and this gown into her hands.. because I wouldn't have been able to buy this gown at full price in my size, or replace it if it got ruined. First, she books quickly; I think I booked about 9 months in advance for my appointments that started 6-8 weeks before the wedding. We sent my gown to get cleaned(since it was a sample, and because she said it might help shrink a little). I was nervous, but it came back in perfect condition. I had 5 fittings altogether. They basically took my gown completely apart and put it back together on me during the fittings, because I was smaller than the manikin. Olga and her granddaughter were super patient, and even reassuring when I called almost in tears after an appointment because I was worried about the final look of my dress. It came out absolutely perfect, and I can't even believe that you aren't able to tell they completely took the dress apart and put it back together. They also made my veil, that was perfect too.

Tammy · Married on 07/06/2016

After many gowns my daughter Macie didn't like any she had tried so she decided that she wanted to redesign my wedding dress that I wore on 11/26/88. So we set out to find someone that would design it exactly the way she wanted it. We tried two other seamstress and were not happy at all with either one. They insisted on doing things to the gown that Macie didn't want done and they were extremely expensive!! We finally found Olga here on the Weddingwire and made an appointment with her. Not only did she do everything that my daughter wanted her to do she also had some ideas that we had not even thought of! Macie was married on 7/6/16 and she was stunning!! Olga was amazing and even changed her calendar around to accommodate our schedule. I would recommend as soon as you find your dress to go ahead and give her a call if it needs alterations! We were amazed at Olga's talent and professionalism! She is truly a gem!!! Thank you so much!!!

Michelle · Married on 07/02/2016

I came to Olga after I had already visited one other professional who took one look at my mother's dress and said - I can do nothing with this, it's too ruined. I was almost in tears after I had left her but I knew I still had Olga to look at it too. When I first walked in with the dress, Olga gasped and said how beautiful it was which already made me really happy that she recognized how special the dress was. I told her what the first woman had said and she just waved her hand and said 'ah, it's no problem, we can fix this!' When I tried the dress on for her, it was like she was reading my mind. All the alterations I wanted to make to the dress she was pointing out as suggestions. We ended up removing the sleaves and opening the back of the dress, and the rest of the changes were repair and cosmetic. But it was no easy task, the dress was very discolored, stained from pop at my mother's reception, lace falling off, missing beading, and torn from where someone had stepped on it. All of these things, she handled with ease and my favorite part was she got just as excited about the transformation as I did! She ended up using 20 bussel pins because even that detail she wanted to be perfect, and it was. When my mother came down for my final fitting, she couldn't believe that was her dress. In tears she got to see not only her dress renewed and beautiful which she had thought was ruined, but also her daughter wearing it. The dress was my absolute FAVORITE part of my wedding day. I couldn't wait to put it on and everyone commented how beautiful and unique it was. Olga made my wedding a truly memorable experience and I would recommend her to anyone, especially to those who think their dress is just too far gone to save!! Thank you Olga!

Spencer Jane · Married on 06/04/2016

Olga is simply the best. There are not enough words to describe how wonderful and talented she is! Olga is word-of-mouth around Raleigh, NC. My mom and I contacted Olga immediately finding my dress. Do this ASAP because she gets completely booked (because she is THAT good)! Luckily for me, we bought my dress off the rack so we were able to immediately take it to her and probably had more time than most brides do with altering their wedding dress. We saw Olga several times, but depending on what she has to do the dress, you may see her less or more. She is very flexible with your schedule (I live out of town and my mom lives in town) so she worked around my work and social life! She is creative and kind, and somewhat magical to be around. I feel very confident in my dress but there is definitely a special touch that Olga provides. She gave me some great wedding and marriage advice at my final fitting and surprised me with my "something blue" as well. My mom and I could not be more satisfied. Ladies, take your wedding dress to Olga! You will not be disappointed. She was patient in teaching mom how to bustle, too. True talent, Olga! Thank you for making me feel like a princess. I will never forget how special you made me feel. Thank you! Love, Spencer.

Carrie · Married on 05/29/2016

Both of the Olga's were wonderful! My mom and I looked forward to going to every fitting as they transformed my dress to fit me perfectly. Olga's granddaughter, also named Olga, is mainly who I worked with and she was fabulous! She was very quick with the alterations, new exactly how to work with my lace and silk organza, and came up with a beautiful and unique bustle that held throughout the evening! Definitely heed other reviewers advice and call as soon as you have the dress because she books up fast! Very reasonable and worth every penny!