Moon River Rituals - Zita Christian, Wedding Officiant & Celebrant Reviews

73 | Manchester, CT

73 Reviews for Moon River Rituals - Zita Christian, Wedding Officiant & Celebrant

73 Moon River Rituals - Zita Christian, Wedding Officiant & Celebrant Reviews

Alison · Married on 10/05/2018

Zita was able to capture our story and its romance. If you are looking for someone unique who is going to personalize your ceremony, go with Zita. She is thoughtful, very helpful, and she’s an amazing writer of course! She did such a wonderful job on our ceremony and we could not be happier. It will be something we remember for the rest of our lives, and those little touches made all the difference in the world. Our guests all came up to us to tell us how beautiful the ceremony was and how they had never seen something so unique and magical.

Moon River Rituals - Zita Christian, Wedding Officiant & Celebrant 1

Harry · Married on 09/10/2018

Zita provided me and my husband with a fantastic ceremony. She listened to our requests and created something really personal. Her choice of reading stays with me today and is something I reflect on often. She has a fantastic energy and a friendly demeanour. We both felt like we were in great hands with Zita and we cannot thank her enough.

Justine · Married on 09/08/2018

I laugh thinking about our original consult with Zita. My now husband and I met her at a Panera and had a great time chatting. We loved her approach to the ceremony and you can tell she knows a ton about what she does and loves it! But of course, we took the information and told her we weren't ready to commit and needed to get back to her. As soon as we got in the car we both said we knew we wanted her because it just felt right. We called her as soon as we got home and sent her a contract immediately. Zita sent us a questionnaire to answer separately that she used to create our love story. She let us proof everything twice which was awesome, because the first time I read it I couldn't get past the line about shutting phones and cameras off before I was crying :) She was there the entire time for our rehearsal and I felt very prepared for the day of! The ceremony day of was amazing! I'm pretty sure almost every guest told us the it was the best and most unique ceremonies they had ever seen. My husband's grandmother said it was the best wedding she had been to in her 82 years, so there's that as well! Zita was so warm and wonderful throughout the entire process! We recommend her whole-heartedly!

Audrey · Married on 07/14/2018

Originally, my husband and I thought we would have a friend marry us, but as the pressure of public speaking mounted, we decided to hire a professional. I expected to have a tough search since it was on the last minute side. However, due to a miracle and some perfect timing, Zita was available. As soon as I spoke to her, I knew that everything had happened for a reason! Zita told our love story so well and wrote the most beautiful ceremony for us that was full of laughs and personal touches. Although we only had known her for a few weeks, she made us feel like we knew her through our whole relationship. She is so well spoken, and engaged the guests. The hand fasting ritual is also a must! We can't thank Zita enough for making our ceremony perfect, and highly recommend her!

Neil · Married on 06/08/2018

Zita met and far exceeded our expectations for our ceremony. She had the entire audience mesmerized with her words and our “Love Story”. Friends and family and even staff from our venue continuously complimented us on the ceremony and that is was the most “beautiful” and “emotional” ceremonies that had ever witnessed. If you want a ceremony that embodies the love for your significant other than I’d highly recommend Zita.

Sent on 06/12/2018

Moon River Rituals - Zita Christian, Wedding Officiant & Celebrant's reply:

Neil, thank you! I remember writing your love story and thinking how the mistaken identity, the tree falling on your car, the snowy sleigh ride in the mountains, the proposal with your dad's GoPro camera could all be part of a Hallmark movie. What makes it all extra special is that the story is true! I was delighted to be part of the day a new chapter in your "Happily Ever After" began.

Justin · Married on 10/21/2017

If you are looking for an officiant, look no further; Zita is hands down the best in the business! A year and a half prior to our wedding my mother-in-law sent my wife and I a newspaper clipping featuring Zita which described her unique approach to wedding ceremonies. It turns out that that my mother-in-law knew us a little better then we knew ourselves at the time. As soon as my wife and I left our initial meeting with Zita we knew that our search for an officiant was over. Zita has an extremely relaxed yet demanding presence about her. When she speaks, she speak with both wisdom and emotion.
    As expected, her delivery the day of the ceremony was flawless! The way she told our “love story” breached all realms of human emotion. Her story telling capabilities are captivating and simply unmatched. Everyone that was there to bear witness to our ceremony that day continues to remind us just how beautiful and memorable our ceremony was. My wife and I have heard on countless occasions that this was, in their words “hands down the best wedding ceremony that they had ever attended”. Notions which have been coming from young and old alike. We can never thank Zita enough nor could we express how grateful we are for the incredible ceremony she that she provided.
    Unfortunately, my pap (grandfather), the man that raised me died during our reception (less than an hour after our ceremony). Fortunately, he was able to hear how much I loved him and just how much he meant to me in front of all the people my wife and I cherish most in this world thanks to the spiritual and personal nature of Zita’s ceremony. You see when you hire Zita as your officiant you are getting so much more. You are getting a beautiful soul with an incredibly big heart who is dedicated to making your day memorable not only for you, but for all in attendance. Thanks again Zita!
    With Love,
    Justin & Lauren (Happily married since October 21, 2017)

Sent on 01/10/2018

Moon River Rituals - Zita Christian, Wedding Officiant & Celebrant's reply:

Justin, I didn't realize until today that my response to your review never posted. One of the most powerful and tender moments in your ceremony was seeing your grandfather in the front row, looking at you with such love and pride. I'm always grateful when I can create a ceremony that is deeply meaningful for my couple. When Lauren contacted me to let me know what happened and how the two of you handled the situation with such grace and sensitivity, I knew it was no coincidence that our lives entwined the way they did. Plus, now, whenever I have a little Dove chocolate, I think of the two of you and the night your proposed. Delicious in so many ways!
  • O

Olivia · Married on 10/07/2017

She was very organized, patient, and thoughtful we had a little mishap during the sand ceremony of our ceremony and Zita handled it so calmly. Making everyone including us remain at ease. The day simply couldn’t have been better, we were simply blessed to have her as our officiant.

Melissa · Married on 09/16/2017

I cannot thank ZIta enough for the absolutely incredible wedding ceremony she created for us. From the first time we met her, we knew that she was the right person to tell our story. Almost all of the compliments we got on our big day were about how beautiful and personal the ceremony was. Zita made everything so easy and fun, she was easy to get ahold of, easy to talk to, and she crafted a memorable and unique wedding script for us. We chose the hand fasting option for our ceremony, and her 9 foot long, hand sewn cord is something that we will cherish forever. Her services made our wedding day the best day of our lives. I would highly recommend anyone looking for a wedding officiant to check out Zita, meet with her, you will be thankful for your whole life that your wedding was so personal and beautiful.

• KristenRPh

Kristen · Married on 08/04/2017

We cannot say enough great things about Zita! She is not the most inexpensive officiant in the area, but you truly get what you pay for! When we were first looking for an officiant, we met with three different people and “interviewed” them per say. While each was nice and I’m sure would have done a good job, none of them would have been as great as Zita. When you meet her, you will immediately feel like you’ve known her forever. She is so kind and genuinely shows that she cares about your relationship and your upcoming wedding. She gets to know you and your fiancé, and had a series of questions she asked to learn about us! This was all before we even decided to choose her!
    Once we officially chose Zita, she sent over a document that both myself and my fiancé had to fill out separately with questions about our relationship, etc and she uses those answers to create a love story that was then incorporated into our ceremony.
    Every single person we spoke to after our wedding commented on how they LOVED the ceremony and how they loved Zita. My grandpa even asked for a copy of the script because he enjoyed it so much! We could not have been happier with Zita and we would HIGHLY recommend spending the extra money for an officiant who goes about and beyond! She is a published romance novelist… she knows love!

Sent on 08/26/2017

Moon River Rituals - Zita Christian, Wedding Officiant & Celebrant's reply:

Kristen, thank you for this beautiful review! Huge thanks to you and Dan for being so candid with me, sharing the unfolding of your relationship and particularly the challenges of the language barrier. Those details gave your love story so much humor. It was a joy to write. Your families from both sides of The Pond are delightful! I can just imagine the international traditions you'll create.

Emily · Married on 07/01/2017

Zita was the most wonderful, full of light, full of love, and full of energy officiant we ever could have imagined for our ceremony. From the beginning, she was very responsive and eager to get to know us as a couple. She shared our excitement throughout the whole process of wedding planning and ceremony writing. We live in Virginia, and she was very accommodating and worked with us for meetings and planning. She provided us with drafts of the ceremony, and she turned an already beautiful story into a magical fairytale. Our guests were impressed with how smoothly, how unique, and how personal our ceremony was, one telling us “I’ve been to many weddings throughout my life, and this was by far the best ceremony I’ve ever witnessed”. I couldn’t imagine our day without Zita. When I close my eyes, I am transported to that hot and humid but perfect day in the forest, surrounded by all of our loved ones, hearing Zita’s voice guiding us into marriage, and I swell up with tears. We made the absolute perfect choice in selecting our officiant. I’d recommend Zita 9843957239485% if I could!

Sent on 07/13/2017

Moon River Rituals - Zita Christian, Wedding Officiant & Celebrant's reply:

Oh, Emily, thank you. Guiding a couple through this rite of passage is both a responsibility and a privilege. Thank you for your trust. My husband came into my office while I was reading your review. My eyes were all watery so he asked if I was okay. He sat down and I read your words out loud. He's a hiker and is happiest in the forest. We shared a beautiful moment of our own thanks to you.

Marrina · Married on 05/26/2017

Zita is hands down, the most amazing Officiant we have met. We are so happy and grateful to have worked with her. She is very personable and finds the perfect moments to speak about at your ceremony. Every moment is magical and a memory to be cherished. We highly recommend Zita, you could not find anyone better. Zita was our Fairy Godmother and it would not have been the same without her. She truly brought magic to our wedding day, we loved having her!

Sent on 07/10/2017

Moon River Rituals - Zita Christian, Wedding Officiant & Celebrant's reply:

Marrina, it was delightful to work with you and Dan. When I realized we shared a love for fairy tales, Disney movies, and the musical Wicked, I tucked a magic wand into my ceremony bag. Of course, there is no magic greater than love -- something the two of you have already discovered. Thank you for letting me be part of such an enchanted evening.

Lisa · Married on 05/07/2017

My husband and I feel SO lucky to have found Zita!! She married us this past May, and we could not have been happier with the beautiful ceremony she crafted for/with us and presented to our guests. I still have friends and family members commenting on how moved they were by our ceremony and asking how we found Zita. As we were planning our wedding we knew that we wanted the ceremony to feel special and unique. Zita definitely helped us to accomplish this goal! From the beginning she dedicated so much time to just getting to know us, to know our story, and to make sure the ceremony she was writing for us really suited our needs. We had prepared tons of music to be performed before, during, and after our ceremony, and so we had to put some time restrictions on the ceremony and onto Zita's work. We felt terrible having to cut out parts of our ceremony to accommodate the music, but Zita was always so so generous, always helping us figure out how to make things work in the way that felt right for us. Reading through several drafts of our ceremony I knew it was going to be special, but until the moment I walked down the aisle I didn't know how meaningful it would really be. Zita has such a warm presence. I think our guests all felt so pulled into the moment with us. We all laughed and cried together, and my husband and I both will remember that ceremony as possibly the highpoint of our entire lives. I can't even tell you how many people have also told me how moved they were by the ceremony and felt it was one of the most beautiful they had ever witnessed. I am so so grateful to her for the work she did for our ceremony! I just can't say enough good things. Thank you Zita!!!!

• User7597770 · 1+ year ago

Zita did such a wonderful job officiating our wedding. She was such a pleasure to work with and spent a lot of time personalizing it for us. Everyone at our wedding loved her too. I would highly recommend her.

Sent on 01/06/2017

Moon River Rituals - Zita Christian, Wedding Officiant & Celebrant's reply:

Thank you for your kind words. I appreciate them! May 2017 bring you lots of reasons to celebrate!

Jessica · Married on 10/02/2016

We found Zita through the officiant of mutual friends - and we are SO glad we did. The instant we met her we knew she would be perfect. She's the kindest, most professional officiant we could imagine having, and was so invested in communicating our love story in the best way possible. It was everything we wanted, and more. Our guests kept coming us to us saying what a beautiful ceremony we had, which is exactly what we hoped for - we'd been to several weddings where you just kind of gloss over the ceremony and wait for the reception. But we wanted it to be special, and Zita made it absolutely perfect. We could not recommend her more highly! She will work with you to provide the best ceremony for you, and has a bunch of different options, rituals, and suggestions that really shape your ceremony to make it meaningful. We had a great time working with her.

Sent on 10/05/2016

Moon River Rituals - Zita Christian, Wedding Officiant & Celebrant's reply:

A thousand thank-yous, Jessica. Your love story had all the magic and tenderness of a Hallmark Christmas movie, complete with adventures on the Polar Express. May you and Matt know every joy the world has to offer!

Ashley · Married on 10/01/2016

Our incredible experience with Zita was more than any words can describe. When she enters a room she brings and energy of comfort and love that makes every time you meet with her a special moment.
    Her knowledge of cultures, literature, and rituals is astounding, and she knows exactly how/when to use that information to bring a true sense of worldliness to your experience. We discussed several rituals to include in our ceremony as well as recommendations for the ceremony, and in the end we selected a ritual she created which tied in our family while creating a truly special moment that will continue to be special for years to come.
    When it comes to your love story, whatever you think Zita will create is not even close to the splendor she will share. She does not just "tell your story," but she gets to know you so deeply that she is able to portray who you are as individuals as well as a couple, and how and why you have made it to this point and will continue forward together.
    She takes the time to get to know you on a personal level when meeting, and then even more so in a detailed questionnaire you complete. Then the magic happens.
    Our ceremony was so special, and would not have been that way without Zita. Despite the high emotions running through us all, she is able to get you back into the moment and recognize and celebrate the major accomplishment you are making and the love you are sharing. The light she brought to us, our family and friends, and our ceremony, will continue to shine through during all milestones in our life together. Our family and friends were so impressed with the personalization and originality of our ceremony, as well as Zita's delivery to make a truly special and enjoyable experience.
    We highly recommend Zita to anyone interested, and hope to work with her again for other milestones in our future!

Sent on 10/08/2016

Moon River Rituals - Zita Christian, Wedding Officiant & Celebrant's reply:

Thank you, Ashley! I knew from the rehearsal how lucky I was to be your officiant. In the midst of all the odd logistics of rehearsing in the hotel patio, there was laughter and enthusiasm, alongside the realization that family trees on both sides of the Atlantic would change the next day when you and James said, "I do." When rain forced your ceremony inside, no one complained. Everyone was so happy for the two of you. We all felt it!

Paula · Married on 09/15/2016

I have no words to describe our experience with Zita. She was beyond warm, loving and spiritual. It was everything I wanted and more. On our first interaction, she was not only punctual and prepared but she was also open and curious. The ceremony that she wrote was unique to our love story and included our family and loved ones. She was available for rehearsal the day before the ceremony and it was so important to have her there the calm me down. At the day of the wedding she was my guardian angel: beautiful, serene and funny. There was not a dry eye in the audience, everyone was deeply moved. I cannot thank her enough, our wedding would not be the amazing experience that it was without her. Love you, Zita!!!

Sent on 09/28/2016

Moon River Rituals - Zita Christian, Wedding Officiant & Celebrant's reply:

Obrigado, Paula! Thank you for your kind words and for letting me be a part of such a momentous day in your lives. Huge thanks for having the ceremony script translated so the many friends and family who came from Brazil could have a deeper experience. I loved, loved, loved that your husband, a professional chef, created a special beet juice drink for the two of you to share in the family blessing! Gutsy. Gorgeous. Just like the two of you. Love and happiness, Zita

Zita was one of the most wonderful surprises we could have had in planning and having our wedding at the New Britain Museum of American Art. Her thoughtful and very thorough focus on our experiences with one another made for a ceremony that had a fabulous impact on our guests and set the tone for the entire evening. Great coaching for both of us and inclusion of our children in the ceremony started our blended family on its path with exactly the right sense of wholeness.

Sent on 09/25/2016

Moon River Rituals - Zita Christian, Wedding Officiant & Celebrant's reply:

Thank you for such deliriously delicious <g> words! You were great fun to work with and I was inspired by the ritual you created and the readings you chose. You were both so aware, so thoughtful, of how your children would be affected by the marriage. Their joy for you was both obvious and contagious. May you always enjoy romantic bike rides on country roads. Always, Zita

Cassandra · Married on 08/13/2016

We were looking for a spiritual and loving ceremony and our experience with Zita far exceeded our expectations. From the moment we met Zita, my fiance (now husband!) and I bonded with her warm personality and she made the ceremony planning process so easy and fun. We received countless compliments on what a personal and intimate ceremony she performed. We will remember our day and the loving ceremony she performed for the rest of our lives. It was truly magical. We can't thank Zita enough, we will always have a special place in our hearts for her.

Sent on 08/26/2016

Moon River Rituals - Zita Christian, Wedding Officiant & Celebrant's reply:

Everything about your ceremony spoke of Old World grace and elegance. Standing by a gently flowing river, a marsh vibrant with the colors of summer, an old-fashioned rope swing that conjured bygone courtships – it was all evocative of romance. And I felt so lucky to be part of it all. Endless happiness to you and Frank!

Trisha · Married on 07/09/2016

Zita helped us to feel at ease on a day that was stressful. She calmed us throughout the entire process. When we felt at a loss for what to do, she guided us through the process with the most beautiful ideas and helped create the MOST BEAUTIFUL DAY of our lives! All of our guests stated that it was one of the MOST MEANINGFUL ceremonies they had ever been to!

Sent on 07/14/2016

Moon River Rituals - Zita Christian, Wedding Officiant & Celebrant's reply:

Thank you, Trisha. The importance of a wedding guarantees at least a little stress. What struck me from our first conversation was how important it was that your wedding celebrated the family you had created. With such a powerful focus, every person there could relate to some aspect of the ceremony. Thank you for letting me try something new.

Marci · Married on 07/09/2016

Zita was the perfect officiant for our wedding. She made sure our values and family was included in the wedding. All our guests were simply amazed by her at the wedding. They have all been to so many weddings and they say ours was the best! Zita takes the time to make sure the day is simply perfect!

Sent on 07/16/2016

Moon River Rituals - Zita Christian, Wedding Officiant & Celebrant's reply:

Many thanks, Marci. I knew from the day we met that your determination to create a strong, supportive, and safe family came a heart full of love. Thank you, too, for allowing the press to be a "guest" at your ceremony. I never forget a kindness.

Sarah · Married on 05/29/2016

My husband Dave and I used Zita for our May 29th wedding and we could not have been happier! Zita is warm and welcoming. She takes time to get to know you and really tailors the ceremony to what you are looking for. She is an excellent writer who finds a unique way to convey your love story to your family and friends. She listened intently to what both Dave and I wanted and combined it together to make our perfect ceremony. She also thinks on her feet! During our unity candle ceremony, our mothers could not get the candles to light because of the wind. Zita was so calm and quickly came up with a solution. Our guests are still commenting on how beautiful our ceremony was. It was truly a privilege to have her officiate our ceremony!

Sent on 06/17/2016

Moon River Rituals - Zita Christian, Wedding Officiant & Celebrant's reply:

In every ceremony, I see a moment that illuminates some quality about the marriage taking place in front of me. Amidst all the joy, Dave's eyes suddenly filled and I was sure his thoughts had turned to the recent death of his dad. Without a heartbeat, you reached over and took his hand. I saw your strength pass to him, and the joy return to both your faces. The moment was so beautiful...and unforgettable. Thank you for letting me be part of your day.

Katie · Married on 05/14/2016

Zita really did an amazing job putting together our love story. We have had so many people tell us how much they loved our story and how she talked about us as a couple. She was great to work with and really gave us the ceremony we wanted and will never forget. Thank you, Zita!!

Sent on 05/27/2016

Moon River Rituals - Zita Christian, Wedding Officiant & Celebrant's reply:

Thank you, Katie! The humor between you and Matt and his clever proposal gave me the colorful threads that made your love story so beautiful. It was such fun to write and a pleasure to share it with your family and friends. Much happiness to both of you!

Latitia · Married on 11/28/2015

No review could truly encompass the emotions reflected in our personalized ceremony provided by Zita Christian. As other reviewers have stated Zita will get to know you as a couple prior to the day meaning she really has to work to get it done right and she will!!! The questionaire she sends you will give her a lot of information but Zita herself is so warm that all conversations we had with her could have lasted for hours (some of them did!) She just brings out all the warm and fuzzy in you! The family and friends at our wedding told us they had never been to a wedding like ours. It was the farthest thing from boring, it was funny yet spiritual. It made you laugh and cry. I had one friend a guy in his early 20s say that the ceremony was his favorite part of the wedding, which means a lot because our reception was at the Society Room with excellent food, an open bar, and we had a really really good DJ!!! One friend of ours said "Even though we're not the closest, I felt that I was part of the ceremony, some of the things she said I was there, I remember that!!!" That's because Zita brought pieces of our whole lives into our ceremony, making up our love story. From mentioning pieces throughout our 9 year relationship, our parents, my brother who has passed & our recently deceased dog who was extremely dear to us she captured us as a whole and really let our guests understand our love and reasons for marrying one another.

I can't really convey all that Zita has to offer in writing but I promise you, every bride and groom deserves the kind of ceremony I have only seen done by her. I am just really hoping our videographer got all the footage because I hope to relive those moments over and over again for the years to come!!

Sent on 01/12/2016

Moon River Rituals - Zita Christian, Wedding Officiant & Celebrant's reply:

Latitia, I'm humbled by your review and can't thank you enough. My ability to create the ceremony that proved so meaningful was possible because you and Eloyd trusted me with some of the most tender details of your lives. I know the details that we chose not to include in the ceremony will always be in your hearts. Please know that they're now in my heart, too.

Christen · Married on 10/24/2015

I've attended quite a few weddings where the ceremony is just the part you have to grin and bare before the reception starts. That was not the case with my own ceremony, cleverly created by my husband and I through the guidance and wisdom of Zita over a period of 6 months (Zita takes her time with each couple as if they are the only ones she will ever work with). Zita allowed for our ceremony to be truly unique. People laughed, cried and most of all, enjoyed the ceremony! I will never forget how truly remarkable a moment Zita helped make our wedding be. She allowed me to incorporate handfasting and introduced other celtic traditions for us (I'm Irish). To sum up the ceremony in one attendents words "that was the most religious, nonreligious wedding I've ever seen." Thats because Zita was able to invoke such an intense feeling of love a spirituality without ever mentioning a God. Of course Zita has no problem bringing in religion, the point is she is a master at her craft and I was privileged to have her!

Sent on 10/26/2015

Moon River Rituals - Zita Christian, Wedding Officiant & Celebrant's reply:

Thank you! I was standing in a long line at the post office when I received notice that you had posted a review. Much as I wanted to read it right that moment, I waited until I got back to my car. Good thing. I giggled, grinned, and teared right up. Thank you for trusting me with your story.