MIHO Catering Co. Reviews

23 | San Diego, CA

23 Reviews for MIHO Catering Co.

• Courtney

Courtney Agamata · Getting married on 10/02/2021

MIHO was the best for our party!!!

MIHO Catering Co. was SO amazing and perfect for my dad's 60th birthday party. We had a total of 85 guests and there was more than enough delicious food. To start the process, I communicated with Samantha S. who was nothing but sweet and accommodating. She had much knowledge on the menu and was able to customize our selections based on our crowd. The beef, chicken, salads, rice and butter rolls were ALL delicious. Diego delivered and set up the food beautifully. All in all, you will not be disappointing with MIHO Catering Co. The process is so easy which make party planning a breeze!!

Sent on 02/25/2020
  • Matthew

Matthew Snyder · Getting married on 06/01/2021

January Warehouse Wedding in SD

We loved using MIHO. Their food was absolutely delicious, well executed, and affordable. They communicated everything along the process and stayed true to their original quote. They were easy to work with on any extra needs and they allowed us to taste anything we wanted. They worked well with all of our other vendors and made it easy for us on wedding day. They also had amazing staff that waited on us throughout our entire wedding, bringing us whatever we needed. Honestly, couldn't have asked for a better caterer. And best of all, the food is incredible. They have so many options and plenty plant-based options as well. We loved the food, the service, and we would use them again for another party!

Sent on 01/27/2020
  • Britt

Britt Campbell · Married on 09/13/2019

Taquiza buffet

MIHO was so easy to work with, they have an easy web portal that breaks everything down. They are hip, stylish and high quality. No one needs to eat a sterile cliche wedding plate ever again, MIHO is a game changer!

Sent on 09/20/2019
  • Corinne

Corinne DeWitt · Married on 08/23/2019

Delicious, budget friendly, and so professional!

Miho catered our LA wedding this year, and were SO pleased with everything about the experience. They're San Diego based, so it was a bit of a trek to get down there for tastings, but everything we tried was seriously delicious. We had trouble narrowing it down to 3 passed apps, 3 main courses, and 2 sides. I wish I could have that meal all over again. We were leaning toward the Gastrotruck menu because we thought it would have universal appeal across our guest list. However, we ended up swapping to the Taquiza menu a few weeks before the wedding. Tacos are a food group in our house, so it was a very on-brand choice for us. Plus, it was shockingly budget friendly. Everyone raved about the food! Overheard someone say "This is EXACTLY what I want to be eating right now." Our out-of-town guests were so happy to try real mexican food. Plus, Lindsay made the experience so easy and fun. She gave us great insight and recommendations (like choose at least one non-spicy option for sensitive palates, opt for beans as one of the sides so vegans can get some protein, and definitely add that additional app to soak up the cocktails). She helped us feel excited about our choices.
    The whole Miho staff on the day-of was so attentive and professional. They made a plate of apps for us to enjoy right after the ceremony and made sure we always had cocktails in our hands. Couldn't have been happier with Miho. Gotta have another catered event soon just to eat those Masa Griddle Cakes con Elote again. Thanks guys!

Sent on 09/01/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 03/23/2019

A delicious dream come true!!!

Sam and her team at MIHO were everything and more!!! My husband and I had a very specific vision for the vibe we wanted with our food at our desert wedding in Coachella, and we wanted our guests to be blown away, since food is VERY important to us. :) From the light, laid back California style appetizers to the creative family style dinner (coffee crusted brisket and buttermilk fried chicken!!!!), to our late night taco bar and affogato table for dessert..we wouldn’t have changed one thing. We had so many people tell us that it was the best food they’ve ever had at a wedding- mission accomplished! ;) from the very beginning, Sam was so accommodating and worked with us to ensure we were comfortable and could come to an agreement on budget, and she knew exactly what would work with our 150 guest sized wedding. There was even a scary close call with our rentals on the day of our wedding but Sam knew what she was doing and kept us calm and put that fire right out. We still can’t stop thinking about how yummy and special the food was, and I keep trying to think of how we can work with them again in the future ASAP!! We also had the most delightful tasting experience with them a few months before our wedding. MIHO FTW!

Sent on 06/12/2019
  • xenia

xenia · Married on 03/02/2019

Amazing Food + Incredible Service!

We had our wedding catered by MIHO, and selected the Taquiza menu option which turned out to be the world’s MOST DELICIOUS set of tacos(carne asada, pollo verde, and shrimp gobernador) and had chosen three appetizers to be hand passed during our cocktail hour (crispy pork belly, empanada, and crispy thai chili drumette). Our guests absolutely raved about how the good the food was at our wedding! And there was absolutely none left by the end of the night which is just about the highest compliment you can give! Even the salad (Jicama with fresh peach slices, and blackberries in it) was unbelievable and I was really looking forward to eating what leftovers there were the next day but our guests loved it too and there was none left! Honestly it kind of breaks my heart that I can never again have their pork belly appetizers, shrimp tacos, or jicama salad unless I want to cater another big event! On top of serving the world’s most delicious food, the MIHO staff themselves were fantastic! We worked with Lindsay ahead of time and she always responded quickly and made the different changes we wanted to the menu without hesitation. On the day of, the MIHO staff helped flip our space twice! From ceremony to reception to dance floor. They also brought two of each of the appetizers to our table during the dining, since we had missed a lot of the cocktail hour to take pictures. Everything about the experience was perfect and I would absolutely recommend them to any bride and groom looking to serve a delicious and less traditional meal!

Sent on 03/17/2019
  • O

Othello · Married on 12/15/2018

MIHO delivered!

My husband and I hired MIHO as our catering service for our wedding, and yes, they delivered! Samantha was our contact person; she was professional and efficient. From the tasting and our vision, Samantha and the team from MIHO provided! Our guests raved about the dishes and wished, they would have had more 'space' for all the deliciousness!! Thank you MIHO for bringing your beyond best and being a part of our wedding!!

Sent on 01/07/2019

Jennifer · Married on 09/22/2018

Non-Traditional Meets Family Style - One for the books!

MIHO was one of the best decisions we made on our wedding day. We are big foodies, and didn't want traditional wedding fare - but wanted instead it to have a creative version of what you would normally get at such an event. People didn't stop talking about how good the food was! Lindsay was incredible throughout the process - I think I talked to her the MOST outside of any other vendor. She was so amendable and kind to all of our adjustments/changes even leading to a few weeks up to the wedding. She was consistently available over email or phone for questions, pricing, personal recommendations, rental recs etc. Our tasting was a dream, and one of our most favorite experiences of our planning process. She ran a tight ship that day, and checked on us 2-3x throughout the night to make sure we had everything we needed which was much appreciated. For apps we went with the purple potato flautas, pork sliders, and squash blossoms. The chicken is out of this world, and the ravioli is one for the books. I would highly recommend MIHO - although potentially pushing a few budgets for couples in the planning process, I will tell you it was worth every penny. Thank you for creating such an incredible ambiance for us and one we will be talking about for many years to come.

Sent on 10/24/2018

Sean · Married on 05/06/2017

We used Miho for our wedding at Mission Brewing Cellar and Loft and it was nothing short of excellent! Meghan was our point of contact and she was very prompt with her responses, warm and professional. The tasting prior to the event was delicious and we were provided with full portions of all the dishes we were considering. We were sold at the tasting, the food was outstanding and was exactly what we were looking for. They impressed on our wedding day from start to finish, they assisted with the flip of our ceremony to reception and did a beautiful job with the setup. We agreed on a buffet which was a great choice as they kept it stocked with fresh, hot food. We got rave reviews from both the tray passed appetizers at cocktail hour and the dinner! Thank you Miho for helping make our wedding day as special as it was!

Sent on 05/14/2017

Charlene · Married on 03/18/2017

MIHO did the catering for my wedding March 18th and it was fantastic! We had an outdoor wedding and they made sure everything was right and ready for our guests.

Sent on 04/04/2017

Kara · Married on 09/24/2016

We had only heard of Miho from our venue coordinator, Robyn Fallon at Garty pavilion rowing club in mission beach. I left the food up to the Groom and he loved the idea of a food truck! We were immediately invited to an event when we contacted Miho to try the food and see the truck. Immediately after that we communicated with the planning staff, Sam, and set up a tasting. With only trying Miho, we knew we didn't have to try anyone else! The food then and the food at the wedding was amazing! Everyone there loved each part of it, the apps and the meal choices. Everyone to this day speaks highly of the food truck experience and quality of the food at our wedding. We feel lucky and blessed to have stumpled across this great food company to add to such a perfect day! Big recommendation to go with Miho Gastrotruck!

Sent on 03/07/2017

Paige · Married on 10/17/2015

I am proud to say we had the BEST food I have ever had at a wedding! We went with the buffet option. They had a super awesome buffet setup and were pretty self sufficient as far as the setup went (I didn't have to rent an additional table or linens for them). The food was one of the highlights of the wedding and everyone has been raving about it since. Some of my favorite dishes were the quinoa veggie tajine, seared albacore, chicken and waffle app and mushroom arancini app! Sam was a pleasure to work with as she answered my questions quickly, was professional, and put on a great tasting! I hope all of my friends also use them at their wedding because it is so delicious! You can't go wrong working with Miho!

Sent on 10/20/2015

This may be premature since our wedding hasn't happened yet, but so far MIHO has been great to work with! After getting some absurd catering quotes from more traditional catering companies, we decided we would check out the food truck option. The event manager Samantha has been responsive and awesome about answering all of our weird questions and requests. We had our tasting last month and the food was incredible. We are so excited to have them at our wedding!

Sent on 04/27/2015

Beth · Married on 05/29/2015

Miho Catering was a pleasure to work with for our special day. We were looking for quality food with a laid-back style and hiring Miho to bring their food truck hit the nail on the head. When we first met for our tasting, we were sold on the food and the presentation. Not only was the food absolutely incredible, but they also created appetizers upon our request that were not even on the menu. You can choose to have the food truck as a focal point or you can opt for it to stay behind the scenes, but in either case when you eat the food you will like you are at a 5-Star restaurant. Samantha was a pleasure to work with and was so accomodating with the planning process. We are still receiving compliments on how good the food and the service was on our wedding day. Not only was she responsive, she also helped us with getting all of our rentals squared away which was an incredible help and made things even more simple. She has great vision and I strongly recommend her and Miho for catering any event.

Sent on 06/16/2015

Adrianna · Married on 09/16/2011

AMAZING! Friendly, personable and intimate. Delicious food and great service.

Sent on 07/23/2012

Alisa · Married on 05/26/2012

Loved this caterer! They just did my backyard wedding this past weekend and the food was amazing. All my guests raved about the spread. The food was fun and festive and delicious. Service was impeccable and I love the biodegradable plates they use, very eco friendly and hip. Top notch service, quality and execution of the whole event!

Sent on 05/30/2012

Hilary · Married on 10/21/2017

Incredible food and service! We were so impressed with every aspect. They made sure we got to try all the food, and that we had a drink in our hand. I couldn't recommend them enough!

Sent on 11/07/2017

Nia · Married on 05/28/2017

When we first started contacting potential caterers for our wedding, I immediatley fell in love with MIHO's unique menu options (I've had enough of mediocre chicken/mashed potatoes/sad green beans at weddings to last me a lifetime, thanks!) but dismissed them as being too expensive. After attempting to communicate and move forward with a few other caterers I quickly realized that you get what you pay for, and the ease/responsiveness/professionalism/food quality of MIHO is worth every penny. Meghan, the catering coordinator, was a dream through the whole process - answering my million questions with ease and being flexible to some changes in guest count and menu during the planning process. We hired their bartending arm, Barcon, to work our wedding as well, and all was flawless. Service was great, food was awesome, setup/breakdown went on without a hitch. I would definitely recommend booking them!

Sent on 06/10/2017

Lamen · Married on 11/19/2016

Miho catered my wedding Nov 2016. We opted for the family style dinner service. The food and service were top notch. We got a lot of positive feedback from our guests. My favorites were the stuffed mushrooms, salad, and bavette steak. I would recommend them without hesitation.

Sent on 01/05/2017

Esther · Married on 04/05/2013

MIHO Gastrotruck (also known as The Vetted Table) was the best choice we could have made for catering, by far! We went through several caterers and ultimately were most impressed with MIHO when it came to variety, taste, and value. Juan (co-owner) was such a pleasure to work with and was there on site the day of my wedding to run the show! Everything went so smoothly and everyone was incredibly pleased with the food. I heard nothing but positive comments and questions about who had catered! Their chef is AWESOME and has a true talent in the kitchen. The food was delectable, memorable, and absolutely top notch. I could not be happier with how it turned out. The cost was reasonable and Juan's willingness to work with us on all levels made it so easy. The service the day of was impeccable. An area for improvement would be responsiveness up until the signing of the agreement. I believe it has to do with how busy they are, but I believe they need to hire an assistant to handle client inquiries. I would also love to see MIHO offer dishes, platters, and other service ware, even for additional fee. These two tweaks would put MIHO over a 5 star caterer! They are still building their business, and have come a long way from what we heard. I really have nothing negative to say ultimately. I have no regrets, just suggestions. :)

Sent on 04/23/2013
  • Carmel

Carmel · Married on 04/21/2017

We've been fans of MIHO back when they were still an operating food truck. When it came time to figure out our catering vendor, they were at the top of our list. We wanted something fun, unique, and could speak to our foodie sensibilities - MIHO was a perfect match! When we told people we were doing burgers and sandwiches, they scoffed. After the wedding, everyone was raving about the food - everything from "it was SOO good" to "we're glad you didn't go with the traditional wedding fare." Sam was great and super responsive throughout the whole process. When we made suggestions or had concerns, she made sure to address them and give us options. The only thing that caught us off guard was the quoting for changing to plated service from buffet. The original quote we had didn't include fees for additional servers, so when we did update to plated service it was much more than we originally budgeted for. Overall, we're super pleased with how everything came together. We only wish we had more of an appetite during our wedding so we could have enjoyed our meal even more.

Sent on 05/11/2017
  • User2202795 · 2+ years ago

3.5

We used miho's catering services for our wedding welcome reception. The food was fantastic and they pay attention to all the little details from their food signage, dress and service. Our guests raved about their food - it was as good as our initial tasting with them. They went out of their way to make sure our event was perfect.

Sent on 05/07/2013

Jena · Married on 09/18/2016

4.2

Most importantly, the food was totally fantastic. All of our guests loved the food. It was colorful, beautiful, and there was plenty of it. We had a great tasting experience and were really hoping that the wedding meal delivered the same level of quality. It did! Having said that, we would have loved to have a little leftovers, but there were no extras even though some of our guests didn't show. Not sure where all that extra food went! My husband and I didn't get to sample everything because we were busy saying hellos, and so we were hoping to have a little taste after the wedding. Also, we paid for wine, but had to remind the servers to offer it to guests. Those are the two little constructive criticisms, but otherwise we were very happy! The food and cocktails were perfect. Memorable and beautiful.

Sent on 10/05/2016