Miguel of the Rose Garden Reviews

1 User photo

Miguel of the Rose Garden 1

Alanna S · Married on 12/01/2018

A stress-free experience

My husband and I know basically zero about flowers and were intimidated by other NYC florists' pricing. Miguel, meanwhile, was super easy to work with and his prices were incredibly reasonable. He created 10 centerpieces, bridal and bridesmaid bouquets, and boutonnieres for us that were perfect for our winter wedding. Four days later, one of his arrangements that we brought home still looks fresh and beautiful.

Kira · Married on 06/23/2018

Miguel put together a beautiful bridal bouquet and groom boutonniere for our courthouse wedding. Honestly, we gave him somewhat vague and possibly conflicting instructions, and he figured out exactly what we were looking for. The flowers were fresh and arranged beautifully. Miguel was very responsive, and the Rose Garden is reasonably priced. My dad picked the flowers up for us that morning, and he said that it was a little difficult finding the entrance, but he called Miguel and didn't have a problem.

Elissa · Married on 04/15/2018

I don’t know much about flowers and wasn’t the type of bride obsessed with every small detail such as flowers either. Hiring Miguel from the Rose Garden, you have to go into it with a more calm personality and be able to have complete trust in him. He sent me some samples of arrangements he had done, none of them were really my taste. I simply told Miguel what colors I wanted and told him I didn’t need to go for any of those fancy, high-priced flowers, I just wanted it to look nice. We only spoke over the phone a few times and I didn’t actually meet him until I made my final payment a couple days before the wedding. Apparently he works, I think in the basement level, of the apartment building where he lives, which I never actually saw his store either. I could just tell by my few phone interactions with Miguel that he was a very nice guy and took his work seriously. After I first emailed and called him, he always followed up. He always gave me detailed information about pricing, and his prices are VERY reasonable. Needless to say, I am SO GLAD I decided to hire Miguel and was SO PLEASED with his arrangements on my wedding day. The colors were just what I had wanted, probably even better than I had imagined. He did a beautiful arrangement for the sweetheart table as well and my bouquet was just lovely (not over the top). He also did two nice arrangements for my ceremony as well. I put complete faith in Miguel and he did not disappoint! On top of everything he’s a very nice guy. Hire Miguel for any flower needs you might have!!

Miguel of the Rose Garden 2

Lillian · Married on 07/01/2017

Miguel was so sweet and so accommodating. We had a limited budget for flowers and I had my heart set on peonies. We weren't supposed to have peonies July 1, but we got them! Miguel was easy to work with and responsive. You have to give him direction and inspiration, but he was amazing. We even came under budget on our flowers. Flowers looked simple, elegant, and beautiful. Hire him. He is the sweetest and the best.

• Rachel

Rachel · Married on 08/31/2014

Miguel is a miracle worker. He is friendly, kind, and willing to work with any budget. I had a super-tight budget for my wedding flowers and he made it happen! I was very specific about what I wanted, and he listened, took notes, and delivered on the product. He even called the day before to confirm the order and see if I needed anything else (which of course I did!). On the wedding day, all the flowers were beautiful and exactly what I asked for!

• User4031974 · 2+ years ago

I went to Miguel because I'd heard that he does beautiful flowers on a budget, and I was not disappointed! His shop is a narrow space in front of a deli in Park Slope, but don't let the appearance fool you. Miguel is a true professional, and he's very knowledgeable about flowers. I ordered a bouquet, groom's boutonniere, 5 corsages, 5 other boutonnieres, and 9 center pieces, all in roses and orchids. The cost was $450, including delivery.

Gisselle · Married on 05/04/2014

I hired Miguel for my wedding and he did an amazing job at a really affordable price. I would recommend him for weddings and any other event you have in mind.

Andrea · Married on 12/14/2013

Miguel was GREAT. Not the most traditional florist location, but his work was perfect. I found Miguel on Yelp. I was looking for a florist that would give me the most bang for my buck. I wasn't going to be using too many flowers (just bouquets, boutonniere's & sweetheart table). Miguel listened to everything I wanted & delivered. I couldn't be any happier than I was. Everyone I went to, quoted me a price of $200-$250 for just my bouquet. When I went to speak to Miguel, it was a third of the price & I had 2 dozen Sterling Silver roses. My bridesmaids had green tea roses & the boutonniere's were versions of the 2. I would recommend him to anyone who would listen in a heartbeat.

Alice · Married on 09/29/2013

I can't believe how gorgeous and cheap our flowers were! Miguel supplied the flowers for our wedding -- 11 centerpieces, several bouquets and boutonnieres, flowers for the flower girl -- for half the price of any other florist we talked to. The centerpieces were lovely, and exactly what we asked for (we looking for a more natural, wildflower look), as well as the perfect size and style for our venue. Don't be fooled by the tiny store front - Miguel is definitely an expert, and his arrangements are spectacular.

Miguel provided the flowers for our wedding earlier this month - centerpieces, bridal and bridesmaid bouquets, boutineers, flowers for our cake and the chupah, and small arrangements for cocktail tables. He is the sweetest guy and a real pleasure to work with. He is EXTREMELY reasonably priced. I can't stress this enough. We met with him and brought pictures of what we liked, and he created arrangements that were exactly as requested. It is fancy florist presentation on a bodega florist budget! You won't be disappointed working with Miguel!

Adana · Married on 07/14/2012

I met with Miguel at the Rose Garden which is a very small flower shop in Park Slope. He was willing to work with my budget and provided beautiful table arrangements and my bouquet. The flowers were lovely and looked wonderful at our venue. I would definitely recommend his work. He made suggestions of how to keep costs down and alternate flowers with a similar look but less expensive. I would work with Miguel again.