Michael's Catering Reviews

82 Michael's Catering Reviews
  • Samantha

Samantha Jacobs · Married on 11/02/2018

Best Wedding Food.

“Best wedding food” is what our guests said to us after our wedding. We first met with Jann and Mike probably 2 years ago and immediately fell in love with how caring, friendly, and how AMAZING their food tastes. They didn’t break our bank account either, so that was a huge plus. They served up some HOT (not cold) deliciousness at our wedding. We could not have been more pleased. Their service was quick and everyone devoured the appetizers!!!!!!! Hands down the best! I would have MICHAELS catering again for any event.

Anna Oot · Married on 10/27/2018

Excellent Experience

Michael's Catering is so much more than a caterer. They are friends, consultants, and trusted advisers. Throughout the planning process, they were extremely responsive, and accommodating to our requests and questions, From our first tasting through the actual wedding day, we had an amazing experience, and truly delicious food. Michael's goes above and beyond to make sure you are happy, and that you are getting exactly what you want. My husband and I could not be happier with our choice to use Michael's, and we would highly recommend them to anyone!

Jen · Married on 10/12/2018

Highly Recommend!

Mike and Jann were AMAZING! To start they are great people who genuinely care about making your wedding day the best. Jann was so responsive throughout the whole planning process. She truly made it stress free!! When we went for our tasting we had a hard time choosing the menu because everything was so good! With Jann’s expertise we were able to narrow down our options to give the guests a nice selection while staying within our budget. Our guests have been raving about the food since and we are so happy with the final result. Thank you so much Mike and Jann! Highly recommend!

Kathe · Married on 09/29/2018

From our first meeting with Jann and Mike, I knew I had found the right people to cater our daughters wedding. This was my first time planning a wedding and they could't have been more helpful guiding me through the process. They were both extremely helpful with the menu selection and Jann even took care of securing a bartender for the venue for us. At the wedding last week, the food was delicious, beautifully presented and their staff, top notch. Even the linens and sparkling tableware were a lovely added touch that was not missed by those of us who appreciate presentation. Everything from cocktail hour to clean up was managed flawlessly. As the mother of the bride, it couldn't have made me happier than to be able to enjoy my daughters wedding knowing true professionals were taking care of everything. The guests raved about the food and the delicious cake which Mike made as well. I couldn't be happier with Michael's Catering services and highly recommend them if you want things done right. Thanks for everything Jann and Mike. You truly made our event exceptional.

R · Married on 09/08/2018

Food was outstanding! Very responsive. We had one caterer that was not the greatest and was way overpriced. We went with Jann and Michael and we were so pleased with the food! Everyone talked about it. They even made sure we got a plate of appetizers after we were married. They helped clean up and provided the bartending service. Everything was outstanding!

Mary · Married on 08/18/2018

We had the BEST experience with you as our caterers!! The food was delicious... Everything tasted home-made and fresh. You have definitely exceeded our expectations!! In addition, your staff was professional and served with a pleasant attitude. It was such a thoughtful gesture for the servers to bring appetizers down to the wedding party as we were busy (and hungry) getting photographed. The bartenders were so kind and pleasant as well. Oh, and the S'mores setup was perfect!! I could go on and on. Thank you for helping to make our daughter's special day a most memorable one. It was truly a pleasure working with Michael's Catering!!

Jennifer · Married on 08/03/2018

Michaels catering was referred to us through a friend at work. We met with Jann and her husband a good year before our wedding date, and we instantly fell in love with not only their food but them as well! Jann is seriously incredible at coordinating and answering ANY questions that arise from the very beginning all the way to the night AFTER the wedding. I cannot express enough how happy my (NOW HUSBAND) and I are that we chose Michael's catering for our big day. I raved to all my guests about how amazing their food was right after we had the tasting in their kitchen, and they were able to TOP how delicious the food was on the wedding day (presentation was ON POINT.) Although my husband and I only took a few bites, I got a big thumbs up and the approval from our uncle who is the cook of the family! :) Jann also went above and beyond to just help along side all my other vendors to make our wedding night run as smooth as it did and made our night perfect. They were also so accommodating with the generous gift of payment that our parents gave to us and were able to work out payments as it best fit them. 5 stars all around to this dynamite wife and husband. By the end of the night, Jann and Michael became a part of the friends and family we shared our wedding night with and I was a privilege to be able to chose such a great team!!

Emily · Married on 07/21/2018

My husband and I loved working with Michael and Jann for our wedding! They are so friendly and want to give you the best experience possible. Jann is incredibly responsive to emails and quickly answered any and all questions we had. The food was absolutely delicious--we received many compliments from our guests! The service was outstanding too. They helped flip the room from the ceremony to the reception, and it was done so quickly and efficiently. Everyone was professional and polite and just tried to make our experience the best it could be! I highly, highly recommend them!

Jane · Married on 07/14/2018

I can not say enough wonderful things about Michael's catering. As soon as we met with Jann, we knew we were in great hands. She was so easy to work with and replied within minutes to any emails we sent asking questions or guidance. We chose chicken and steak for our meals, tomato shooters, brie tarts and brushetta for our appetizers. Our guests loved everything. Michael's pricing is affordable and the quality of the food is amazing. We had a few guests who requested a vegeterian option and expressed how much they liked their meal. Jann and her team made my daughter's reception a truly special night.

Alissa · Married on 06/23/2018

I really just cannot say enough about Michael's and Jann! From the very beginning, she was so detailed in explaining what to expect, what they provide, etc. When we had questions, we had answers usually within a few hours! She showed such professionalism the day of the wedding. Our guests are STILL talking about how great the food was! We loved everything about Michael's Catering and would choose them again in a heartbeat!

Shanna · Married on 06/08/2018

Where do I even begin! Jann is absolutely fantastic. Being a very detail oriented person, I had many suggestions for the presentation of our dinner at our wedding and place setting design, all of which Jann promptly responded (never did I wait longer than 24 hours to hear back via email) to sharing her suggestions as to what would work well and what wouldn't. The dinner tables/food were STUNNING and exactly what I pictured.

We were very undecided with our dinner choices and had two tastings at Jann's home. She worked with us to stay within our budget, and her prices are very affordable. The whole process felt very genuine and personalized and the food tasted like a delicious home cooked meal. Our guests enjoyed the food, both at cocktail hour and dinner very much so at our wedding. We chose the salmon, frenched pork chop, and portabella mushroom caps.

My brother has special needs and can be very picky about his food. Jann went above and beyond to assure he was served first, and if he didn't like his meal they could sub another meal for him last minute. I truly don't have enough good things to say about Jann and her team. We were very happy we went with Michael's Catering for our June Booking House wedding. Jann is a saint and truly listens to you and makes your vision come to life!

Sarah · Married on 06/01/2018

Where to even begin... If we were to write out every amazing thing that Mike and Jann did for us, it would be pages on pages. Mike and Jann are the sweetest people you will ever meet. The first time we met, we went for a consultation at their house. We ended up staying for quite awhile just to talk. It felt like we were old friends! A few months later we went back to their home to have our tasting! Every single thing that Mike brought out for us was AMAZING. We actually ended up adding additional horderves to our menu because we just couldn't decide (soup shooters for the win, even if it's 90 degrees out!!) To top it off, their prices are extremely reasonable which was icing on the cake!! Throughout the process, Jann was great at communicating with us and answered all of our emails in an extremely timely fashion. On our wedding day, Jann had the food displayed beautifully. There was not a kitchen at our venue but they managed to keep all of food at the perfect temperature. We got so many compliments! We did a buffet line which ran very smoothly. Jann and Mike also made sure that we had more than enough food. Since my husband and I were getting pictures taken during the cocktail hour, Jann actually walked quite a ways to our photo spot to deliver us and our vendors horderves (how stinkin sweet!!!!). Mike and Jann helped in making our wedding day absolutely perfect and we would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a caterer! Honestly, one of the things we will miss most about wedding planning is getting to talk to Jann every other day !! -Nick & Sarah Michalak

Lauren · Married on 05/19/2018

We cannot give enough stars to Michael's Catering!!! We felt so special working with them. Jann is the sweetest and made us feel more than comfortable for perfect execution of our wedding day. Our guests could not rave enough about the food. GET THE SOUP SHOOTERS! We would give 1 million stars if possible. HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend for your special occassion.

Michael's Catering 1

Justine · Married on 04/14/2018

Words cannot explain how amazing Jann and Michael are. From the beginning they have been extremely helpful and Jann responds to emails right away. They invited us into their home on two different occasions (first time to meet and go over a menu and second time was for a tasting). Our food was amazing and our guests continue to tell us how good everything was. They are extremely affordable and overall wonderful people. Their price also included linens and china as well which was helpful and easy to figure out a general price per person. We can't thank you enough for helping make our day perfect.

Casey · Married on 04/07/2018

Wedding Catering

Jann and Mike were a pleasure to work with! From the day we met them almost 2 years ago until our wedding day, they were both so kind, helpful, and willing to do whatever it took to make our wedding day perfect! They welcomed my me and my fiancé into their home to sample their menu, and they offered to cover everything from food and desserts to our table linens, plates, silverware, and even our wedding cake! At the wedding, their staff was so great and made sure that everything was perfect for us and our guests! Their food displays were amazing too! We would highly recommend Michael’s Catering to any couple looking for an all in one caterer with amazing food and impeccable service!

Kathy · Married on 12/02/2017

Jann was absolutely amazing! Food wa delicious and I could not have asked for better.

Courtney · Married on 11/18/2017

It was such a lovely experience working with Michaels catering. Jann and her husband were amazing to work with. She always responded to my emails promptly and was always so helpful and accommodating. I had complete trust in them with my wedding day that everything would go smoothly and it did. Not only was there customer service great but their food was spectacular as well. The marinated chicken and freshly carved beef were so tender, every one enjoyed it as well as the side dishes. I would definitely recommend using this caterer for your wedding!

Katlin · Married on 10/28/2017

Jann and Michael were absolutely wonderful! Jann was so nice and responsive to all of my emails. During the wedding she made sure my husband and I were taken care of. In addition, the food was AMAZING! We received nothing but compliments about the service and the food. I’d recommend them to anyone!!

sarah · Married on 10/15/2017

I have to say that out of all of our vendors my husband and myself were most pleased with Michael's Catering!!! Jann was extremely responsive!!! We had next to no wait time when it came to her replies!!! Jann even took the time to reply to us while she was away on vacation! When we had our first gathering with Michael and Jann we fell in love with not only their food but also with them! They took the time to explain their menu, our options and to give us good feedback as to her thoughts and opinions. They helped us every step of the way not only with our catering needs but also with the layout of our floor plan since they were very accustomed to our venue location! The day of our event they hit the ball out of the park! They came in, set up and got the show on the road!!!!! Each and every guest at our wedding has been ranting and raving over the food that was served! I would highly suggest that as they were not only professional but also warm kind people!! They helped make our wedding more then what we could have dreamed of!

• I

Ileen · Married on 10/14/2017

There honestly aren’t enough words to express how grateful we are for having chosen Michael’s Catering. Jann and Mike gave us the best feeling and we are so happy we went with our gut. Every single part of our year long process with Jann and Mike was amazing. They were organized, kind, considerate and extremely knowledgeable of their craft. Besides being amazing caters, they are amazing people who truly care about their clients.We lost a venue because they double booked and Jann went out of her way to try and find us another venue. I have a desire to be very organized and thus emailed Jann quite a bit throughout the year. She was always quick to respond and very gracious. I know our experience would not have been the same with any other caterer. Jann and Mike care about the people who hire them, the quality of the food and the overall experience. The day of the wedding could not have gone any better. It is obvious the people who work with Jann and Mike are treated like family. They went out of their way to make our daughter’s wedding great.They were all kind, considerate and efficient . Our guests commented all night long how wonderful these people were. As for the food... Wow! From appetizers, to dinner, to dessert ( yes they made our cake and cookies too) everything was cooked perfectly and served wonderfully. Even as the wedding party was getting pictures, there was constantly a server there bringing appetizers. In addition to our guests talking about how kind these people were, they all said the food was beyond great! I don’t want to be finished with them. I’m thinking of events they could possible cater. My husband and I feel blessed that we had Jann and Mike there for our youngest daughters wedding. They really are the best of the best! We love you Jann and Mike thank you from the bottom of our hearts. Steve and Ileen Grassetti

amber · Married on 09/16/2017

Jan was so easy to work with and was creative in helping design a menu that was what we wanted and within our budget. Their prices are reasonable and service the best! They love what they do!

Michael's Catering 2
    Michael's Catering 3
    Michael's Catering 4

Rachel · Married on 06/17/2017

Upon arriving for our first meeting with Jann and Mike, I knew right away that they were going to be who I wanted to cater my wedding. They welcomed us into their beautiful home, and we sat right at their kitchen table while Jann helped guide us through selecting our menu, and Michael made us crab dip to snack on. Jann was so understanding at how slightly overwhelmed I felt, considering when we had our tasting with her was over a year away from our wedding. She made me feel at ease and assured me that everything was going to be taken care of. Jann was quick to respond to me when I inquired about their catering services, as well as when I came up with any last minute questions the closer that the wedding day got. The food was incredible and the prices were definitely reasonable. Jann was very understanding when I asked last minute to add a few more menu items. On the day of the wedding they had everything under control. They set up the table cloths, napkins, silverware, displayed our favors on the guests' tables for us, and brought plates of food to my husband and I even though it was a buffet, just to make sure we got to eat. A lot of guests have commented on how they enjoyed the food! I would highly recommend them!

Danielle · Married on 06/10/2017

I wish there were more stars to give, because 5 does not even come close to how AMAZING they are. Not only were they the best caterers ever they went extremely above and beyond their duties. During my wedding reception the power had gone out and Michael without hesitation started looking for a generator and while he was doing that Jann found me and made sure I was calm and my drink was full. The staff they brought were equally amazing. During all the commotion they kept my guest engaged and extremely happy. The food could not have been better! The staff even made sure that our wedding party got some appetizers while pictures were being taken. I could go on all day about Michael's Catering because I was truly blown away by them. I wish I could have a wedding again just to stay in touch with Jann and Michael.

Alyssa · Married on 05/27/2017

Jann and Michael catered our wedding and we absolutely loved everything! Right from the start they were always so responsive. Whenever we would think of a new question, Jann would always respond that same day, if not in the same hour. The food was amazing. All of our guests loved the grilled cheese and tomato soup shooters, bacon wrapped shrimp, and they even put together a mashed potato bar at my request. The displays of appetizers and our cake was breath taking. All of our guests were raving about all the cupcakes and how delicious they were! They even made a few flavors in gluten free for our guests! I could go on and on about how wonderful their services is. Our day would not have been complete without them!

Emily · Married on 05/20/2017

I highly recommend Michael's catering! They were there for us every step of the way and everything looked absolutely perfect. The presentation was beautiful and the food was delicious!