Upohar World Kitchen

Lancaster, PA View map Visit website
2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner

Upohar is a Lancaster-based caterer, offering a variety of catering services for weddings and events in central Pennsylvania.

They offer personalized multicultural menus that your guests will rave about for years to come!

Cuisine

Upohar means gift: the team works with local immigrant chefs to bring you the gift of authentic, made-from-scratch dishes and flavors from around the world. They can accommodate a wide range of dietary needs, including vegan, gluten-free, soy-free, halal, and more. Dessert options range from traditional wedding cakes, to vegan and gluten-free cupcakes, to specialty ethnic sweets, to ice cream carts.

Bartending services are also available to complete your dining experience.

Their customizable service packages are designed to fit your needs, and include:

• Full-service Buffet Catering
  • Food Truck Catering
  • Cocktail Reception
  • Drop-Off Package for rehearsal dinners and showers

To create a seamless experience, Upohar can provide linen, china, glassware, tent and furniture rentals. Their event coordinator will manage all the details to make sure your big day is a stress-free celebration.

• Asian-owned
  • Woman-owned

What is the average catering price per person for plated service?

$90

What is the average catering price per person for buffet service?

$65

What is the average catering price per person for stations?

$45

What is the average catering price per person for hors d'oeuvres?

$10

China
Linens
Flatware
Glassware

What is the starting price per person for bar service?

$8

Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service?

Bartender(s)

What event services do you provide?

Delivery
Set Up
Clean Up

What catering services do you provide?

Buffet
Lunch
Server(s)
Stations
Tastings

What types of cuisine do you cater?

African
Southern
Southwestern
Spanish
Thai

What dietary needs can you accommodate?

Gluten Free
Lactose Free
No Pork
Halal
Nut Free
Organic
Vegan
Vegetarian

What bar services do you provide?

Bartender(s)
Open Bar
Champagne Toast
Signature Drink

Which of the following items can you provide?

Chairs
Tables

Which of the following items can you provide?

Barware
China
Flatware
Glassware
Linens

• Becky
    Becky Married on 12/04/2021

Delicious food and wonderful team!

It was a pleasure working with Sri, Stephanie, and their team! We had so many compliments on our food and many guests told us it was the best wedding food they ever had (and we agree)! It’s easy to tell the food was made with love and care. They have many options available and can customize your menu based on your preferences and dietary needs (ex. the base menu is vegan and you can add your choice of protein). Our menu included pernil (our favorite), Cuban black beans, coconut & yellow rice, mango salsa, and cucumber aachar. They also provided many invaluable services, including coordinating bartending and a fresh made stroopie station along with an amazing coordinator who was a tremendous help! They were also very flexible when COVID changed our original plans and we would definitely recommend choosing them for all your catering needs!

Upohar World Kitchen's reply:

Thank you for writing such a detailed review, Becky! It was a pleasure to cater your reception, and we’re so happy that you finally got to celebrate!
  • Amy
    Amy B. Married on 10/15/2021

Amazing Puerto Rican Food from a fellow Puerto Rican

We used Upohar for our rehearsal dinner last week and oh my are we glad we did. I wanted to have traditional Puerto Rican food to represent my side of the family. The pernil was some of the best I’ve had (grandma will always have to be the top). It was so tender yet flavorful. Even my own grandma wanted to take the leftovers home. We had arroz con gandules, maduros, chicken/beef empanadas, and pollo guisado also and they were just as delicious and amazing. Stephanie was amazing to work with our short timeline and distance from our venue. She was so accommodating during the whole process and even helped us to add chicken to our menu only a few days prior to our dinner. I feel so lucky to have found Upohar in the middle of Lancaster county. If you want ethnic food for your next event, then I definitely recommend Upohar!

Upohar World Kitchen's reply:

Thank you so much for reviewing us, Amy! We are thrilled to have passed your grandma’s taste test 😊 Congratulations on your wedding!
    Mel Married on 10/02/2021

Upohar Saved the Day

As someone that had to postpone their wedding twice due to COVID, I was used to changing plans and dealing with vendors, but during our year-long postponement our original caterer went through a change of management, lost our booking, then completely went out of business a little over a month before our wedding. I found Upohar from recommendations from a local friend and even though they were fully booked on my date, Sri still took the time to visit my venue and advise on the setup and delivery, and hooked us up with drop-off catering. The food was fantastic - we did buffet Pollo Asado (seasoned chicken) and Pernil (braised pork), lentil sambusas, yellow rice, beans, and plantains. The guests were raving about the food and I saw many people go back for seconds. I ordered extra and had my staff pack up to-go boxes for guests to take home, and out of 50 or so boxes laid out we only had a few portions left over - which my new husband and I happily enjoyed ourselves as leftovers for a few days. So thankful for Upohar for their incredible food and great service!

Upohar World Kitchen's reply:

Thanks so much for the review. I’m really glad we could figure out a way to cater your wedding! So we are all delighted to know that it was a success… Sri

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner

Pricing

Team

Srirupa Dasgupta
Srirupa Dasgupta
Founder/Owner

Sri loves food -- cooking, eating, and learning the backstory of various dishes. She has traveled all over the world (to all continents except Antarctica). At each place, she has not only sampled the local cuisine and but also learned about their culinary traditions.

In her business, she works with immigrant chefs and local small businesses to provide an authentic global experience to her clients.

Sri lives in Lancaster, Pa., with her multi-ethnic and muliti-lingual family.

Stephanie Longhi
Stephanie Longhi
Director of Operations and Special Events

I love people, food, and building lasting relationships. I grew up and went to college in Pennsylvania but I have lived all over the country and have worked in a diverse range of restaurants and event venues. I absolutely love helping people find the perfect menu that will reflect who they are as well as surprise and delight their guests.

Nikki Soders
Nikki Soders
Assistant Event Coordinator

I am a person who absolutely loves details. I also love getting to know people and helping them any way I can. After 10 years in the office world, I made a leap back to the hospitality industry. It is rewarding and brings me great joy to work with a multitude of people as an assistant event coordinator.

798 New Holland Ave, Suite F Lancaster, PA, 17602
717-475-1914

By appointment
Location of (Upohar World Kitchen)

Other vendors in Lancaster for your wedding