Melissa Ashley Brides, LTD Reviews

Melissa Ashley Brides, LTD 4
Melissa Ashley Brides, LTD 5
  • Chrissy

Chrissy Needham · Married on 07/28/2019

I'm so happy I bought my dress at Melissa Ashley!

Kayla and her staff are the best! Not only did they accommodate my schedule so my Mom could be there when I found my perfect gown, but they held my hand through the ordering & customization process so that I was confident my dress would arrive as planned, despite the tight timeline (under 6 months). My mother also bought her dress at Melissa Ashley and it was gorgeous. From multiple try-ons to honest advice and creative problem-solving when the designer made a small mistake, Kayla handled everything confidently so I never worried about a thing. The vibe in the shop is welcoming and friendly. I'm so happy our paths crossed at a bridal expo, just in time for me to find an amazing dress!

Sent on 09/03/2019
  • Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn · Married on 06/08/2019

Highly Recommend!

I didn't even know what my "dream dress" looked like until I walked into Melissa Ashley's. It was the second one a tried on and I knew it was the one! Melissa Ashley's has unique, up to date dresses to match every personality. The owner Kayla is an absolute sweetheart and a total joy to work with!

Melissa Ashley Brides, LTD 6
    Melissa Ashley Brides, LTD 7
    Melissa Ashley Brides, LTD 8
    Sent on 06/26/2019

Andrea · Married on 05/18/2019

Wonderful!

This was the first dress shop I went to and I had a wonderful experience! As a plus size bride I was concerned that my options would be limited as far as things to try on and that I would need kind of guess how the dresses would look on me but that was not the case!! They had many options in the style I was looking for and I was able to try many on to get an idea of fit and style! It was a wonderful surprise that I truly appreciated. They were helpful and honest and I found my dream dress!! The dress was made to my exact measurements which made for no alterations except for a bustle. I ended up going back with my grandmother to find a dress for her and she had a great experience as well. She is very tall with a small top and larger bottom. She was able to find dresses that suited her and were flattering and couldn't have found a more perfect dress! The staff was super helpful, friendly and not pushy. The prices were varied and reasonable and all of the dresses were beautiful. It was a goal of mine to support local businesses for my wedding vendors and I am so happy I got my dress here!

Sent on 05/28/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 12/02/2018

I went to visit the store during their sale this month with my mom, figuring we'd check it out but probably not purchase anything yet. This was due to us having never been there before and because my wedding isn't until Dec 2018, so we were mostly just planning to "looking around".

Much to our surprise, an hour or so after walking in, I walked out having said, "YES!" to a dress! The staff was extremely knowledgeable, efficient and friendly. They were able to help me try on at least a half dozen dresses and provided great feedback for each, and the best part was that they took everything they'd heard from us, seen us pick out and try on, and ended up selecting a dress for me to try on that ended up being absolutely PERFECT! The final cherry on top of this great experience, was the price could NOT be beat for such a beautiful and quality dress.

I highly recommend checking them out (especially during sales) and take a peek!

Sent on 07/26/2017

Abby · Married on 06/30/2018

Best choice for wedding gown shopping

Going to Melissa Ashley to find my wedding gown was a dream come true! The shop is small and locally owned, but they still have an extensive collection of gowns, each one more beautiful than the next. Denise and the other girls who work there are the best! They are honest, down to earth, and work with you on exactly what your vision and budget are -- with their help, my gown was the first one I tried on! They were willing to let me come in and try on the dress again once it came in, and worked with Maria down the street for alterations, so the entire process was smooth and stress free. Denise even honored a discount for me that started the following week after I bought the gown, was always very responsive to any question I had, and took care of sending the gown off afterward for cleaning/preservation for only 200$, so I didn't have to worry about that. Melissa Ashley is the BEST!

Melissa Ashley Brides, LTD 9
    Melissa Ashley Brides, LTD 10
    Melissa Ashley Brides, LTD 11
    Melissa Ashley Brides, LTD 12
    Sent on 10/15/2018

Patricia · Married on 10/15/2017

Awesome service, Denise did a great job!

Sent on 11/01/2017

Emily · Married on 09/23/2017

WONDERFUL!!!
    I had the most amazing experience with Denise! For starters she has an excellent selection of dresses. Everyone I met at the shop was friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. We loved the store and everyone there so much that my mom went back to look at mother of the bride dresses!

Sent on 06/25/2017
  • Deb

Deb · Married on 06/30/2017

I can't say enough about Denise. She was friendly and helpful from the very first day. Thank you for helping my find my dream dress! <3

Sent on 07/25/2017

Denise was fantastic! She helped us pick out the perfect bridesmaids dresses. I had purchased my dress someone else unfortunately but I needed a veil so Denise had me bring my dress it - put it on so that I could get the full vision of the veil and let me tell you it was perfect. Denise and her staff are one of a kind!

Sent on 07/01/2017
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 07/30/2016

I loved the dress, but I wasn't happy with the price. Denise made an offer to me for the floor model with restoration and cleaning and I took it! I can't wait to wear it for my husband to be!! Thank you much!!!

Sent on 07/18/2015

Caroline · Married on 06/25/2016

I stumbled across this place by accident on a trip to Westerly and it was the greatest find of my life. They helped me find the absolute perfect dress and worked closely with the amazing seamstress right down the street to ensure my dress fit perfectly, following up with me after I took my dress home. The people here are great and made me feel so special and taken care of! I stayed within my budget and found the dress of my dreams!

Sent on 06/28/2016

Ashley · Married on 06/25/2016

Denise was great! I had an appointment about a year before my wedding. My first one. A dress had just came in to the shop, and I tried it on and knew it was the one! I felt like a total princess. Denise was very attentive in letting me know when my dress would be coming in, so I need not worry. She recommended a seamstress in Westerly as well who did my bustle and was able to make a very quick alteration. Wonderful service!

Sent on 07/14/2016
  • E&J

Emily · Married on 10/03/2015

This is a great little bridal shop. I was determined to avoid David's Bridal and the other chain stores, but not sure what I'd be able to find in my budget, but Melissa Ashley has a great selection of beautiful dresses at all price points. On the day of my first appointment, we had just had a blizzard that dropped 2+ feet of snow on the area. Many businesses were closed because of the storm/cleanup, but Denise (the store owner) opened up for me anyway. The ladies that work here are all very sweet and helpful and not at all pushy. They also have a good selection of bridesmaid/flower girl/mother of the bride dresses, and my mom was very happy with the dress she found to wear to my wedding. For alterations, Denise works with a seamstress who has a shop just down the street from the store, and we had a great experience there as well.

Sent on 10/16/2015

Jessica · Married on 08/22/2015

Denise and the other ladies at Melissa Ashley were amazing in helping me choose my dress for my wedding. I went back several times because I cannot make up my mind quickly, and this is a BIG decision. The helped me each time I went back with a different bridesmaid or family member in tow. I absolutely LOVED my dress I bought from them and it was perfect for my wedding. I recommend them if you are looking for personal attention at a small boutique in choosing the perfect wedding dress for your special day.

Sent on 09/06/2015

Nicki · Married on 08/22/2015

Melissa Ashley Bridal was the perfect place for me to dress shop. I live in New York City and all of the stores are quite overwhelming. There are hundreds of girls looking for dresses and you don't feel like a priority.

I grew up locally near Melissa Ashley Bridal and remember going Prom Dress shopping there. It was the first place I went to for my wedding dress. Denise and her team made me a priority and helped me figure out brands and shapes that best suited by body type and budget. She also look up several dresses that I found online and gave me all of the details.

I had settled on a dress by Alure and then didn't love the lace. I decided to keep searching online for more Alure dresses and Denise found the dress for me in NYC so I could try it on. She then ordered it to the store for me once I decided I loved it.

I am quite petite and Melissa Ashley brought in a great seamstress to basically re-work my entire dress! She opened the store at various hours (even if it was closed) so I could do my fittings.

I always felt like a priority and knew that my dress would come out fantastic. Would highly recommend Melissa Ashley :)

Sent on 09/24/2015

Colleen · Married on 08/07/2015

Denise is amazing! She was incredibly helpful and made my parents and I feel very at home. She had a great selection of dresses too. I will definitely be returning to the shop!

Sent on 06/24/2014

WOW! I am so lucky to have heard about this place from a friend! After shopping at 5 other bridal salons I was happy to have found Melissa Ashley! Denise (the owner, I believe) was incredible. It is clear she really cares about her gowns and her customers. She really, truly goes the extra mile for her brides. She was able to order my dress in a custom size - one size on top, and a different one on the bottom - which made a huge difference! She also handmade my veil, which I have received numerous compliments on! I just really can't say enough amazing things about them and their service. They really went above and beyond to make sure my dress and whole wedding outfit was exactly what I wanted!

Sent on 10/14/2014

Honestly, I can't say enough positive things about Denise (the owner) and her staff (Sonia specifically). They were absolutely amazing throughout my dress finding and altering process. Anytime I came in they made me feel so at home and they were honest about whether or not they liked dresses that I was trying on. They were able to order out for dresses too (which Denise did) and my dress ended up being perfect!!! Maria from La Sarta Maria did my alterations and she did a fantastic job as well! This is the best spot to buy a dress from! You won't be disappointed and I will be taking all of my family and friends here to look for a dress! Thank you Denise, Sonia, and Maria! You guys are amazing!

Sent on 11/04/2014

Emily · Married on 09/06/2014

Denise and Sonia are great ladies!! They are truly amazing at what they do. My dress was beautiful and fit my body shape great!! My mom and sister's dresses were beautiful! I could not have been any happier, and would highly recommend this shop to any bride and her bridal party!! These ladies will not disappoint or let you buy a dress that doesn't flatter you!

Sent on 09/07/2014

Sara · Married on 06/21/2014

My friend who was married a few years ago recommended that I start my dress search at Melissa Ashley. Unfortunately I started my search in Fall River and had a terrible experience. After my bad experience with the pushy sales staff in Fall River I quickly took my friends advice and headed to Westerly and I am so glad I did!! Denise and Sonia were awesome to work with. Both were very attentive but laid back and not pushy. My mom and I had a wonderful experience.Even though I waited too long to look for a dress, Denise assured me I had enough time to order it and have it altered. My dress was perfect and I recommend Melissa Ashley to all of my friends who are recently engaged!

Sent on 09/15/2014

Like most brides, I was (and still am!) obsessed with my dress. Like many brides, I ended up with something I immediately dismissed on the hanger. But the consultants at Melissa Ashley Brides convinced me to try it on, and despite the fact I had already purchased another dress, I fell in love. But I wasn't ready to pull the trigger and put it back. Several months later, I was still thinking about the second dress and went back to see if it was still there. It was.

Living in California and planning a wedding in my hometown of Mystic, CT was not easy. But Denise and Nancy worked with my tight schedule and I was able to have my one fitting and be done! The dress and veil made me feel my most beautiful, and I could not be happier. If I could go back and do it all again, I would have stopped after my first visit to Melissa Ashley.

Sent on 05/31/2014

Susan · Married on 05/17/2014

Although we did not purchase a wedding gown from Denise and her staff, they restored my antique wedding gown to perfection, and found us a perfect veil, and most of all, were warm, welcoming, and caring. The experience was personal to me, and yet professionally handled. Denise know her stuff!!!! You will not be disappointed - and she has a huge selection of dresses for brides, bridesmaids and mother of the bride. It was an absolute pleasure to work with them!

Sent on 02/22/2014

Luke · Married on 09/28/2013

Wonderful service and such a pleasure to work with. A big part of why our wedding day was the perfect day! - Dana & Luke

Sent on 06/02/2014

Diane · Married on 09/21/2013

We found the most amazing gown at Melissa Ashley! We started out in the sample gown section and, after trying on about 7 dresses, Nancy Tanner remembered the Sophia Tolli crystal and pearl embroidered one on this rack. It fit my daughter like it was handmade for her! The owner of the shop, Denise Marcey, was wonderful to work with, and the discounted price was more than I could hope for considering all the beadwork on the gown. The prices at Melissa Ashley for Casablanca and Jasmine gowns are very reasonable, so with the excellent personalized service, you cannot beat this store! Nancy also found the most perfect jewelry to accent the dress: the necklace and earrings contained tiny flowers of crystal and pearl which were perfect! Also, they work with an outstanding seamstress, Maria Francese, so that alterations for your gown will be perfectly completed at an affordable price. If you begin your gown shopping here, I have no doubt that you will find exactly the gown that you wish to have for your wedding!

Sent on 10/28/2013