Maurer Photography & Videography Reviews

34 | Boyden, IA

34 Reviews for Maurer Photography & Videography

Maria · Married on 08/03/2013

Lem and Marilyn are more wonderful than I could even describe to you! They are the greatest duo and really gave us the best wedding and engagement pictures I could have ever imagined! Thank you! The day was so special and you really captured the great memories we had.

Sent on 09/17/2013

Lem and Marilyn made our entire day so much fun. They were beyond organized and efficient, which helped the whole day go smoothly. I couldn't have asked for more patient, upbeat people to be a part of our special day. I would recommend Maurer Photography to anyone looking for phenomenal wedding photography!

Sent on 12/03/2012

laura · Married on 03/24/2012

The Maurers provided amazing attention to detail and the images prove it. They are personable, relaxed and above all professional. We wouldnt have used anyone else!

Sent on 06/26/2012

Joni · Married on 09/03/2011

We had so much fun taking our engagement and wedding pictures with Maurer Photography. They made us feel special and captured every important moment! Reuben and Joni

Sent on 12/15/2011

rachel · Married on 06/25/2011

You did a fantastic job and blessed us so much on our wonderful day! Thanks again!

Sent on 11/21/2012

Peter · Married on 03/26/2011

Maurer photography is very professional and we were very satisified with their finished product.

Sent on 11/26/2012

Angela · Married on 10/23/2010

I could not be happier with our wedding pictures. I have got so many compliments on how beautiful they turned out. Pictures capture the moments that you can never get back and Maurers did that for us perfectly!!!

Sent on 02/03/2011

D&A · Married on 10/16/2010

Maurer Photography was absolutely amazing. Lem and Marilyn captured every moment I wanted and much more. They put us at ease when taking photos and helped to coordinate the day. We have received numerous compliments on how beautiful our photos are. I recommend Maurer Photography to anyone looking for a photographer not only for the beautiful pictures they take but are wonderful people to work with.

Sent on 02/15/2011
  • Z

Z · Married on 10/01/2010

Excellent- very professional- one of the best decisions we made in regards to our wedding!

Sent on 02/12/2011

Lisa · Married on 08/07/2010

Absolutely LOVE Maurer Photography, they captured moments from our wedding day, that had I not seen their work, I wouldn't have even remembered it happened! Just a bonus: Lem & Marilyn have 2 of the best personalities in the world!!!!

Sent on 02/01/2011

Laura · Married on 06/19/2010

Working with the Maurers for our wedding photography was awesome! They met us where we chose to take engagement pictures on Sunday afternoon and had already scoped out the best spots for photos. They were always making us feel very comfortable and were super easy, and fun to be around! It was awesome having them help coordinate the timing of our wedding day and they were very professional, helping out with making sure everything went smoothly! They were so much more to us than just photographers!!
    They kept our day going well and made it amazing! We also had them do the photo-fusion slideshow and it was well worth it!! Awesome video footage mixed with the best photos of our wedding day! Thank you soooo much Maurers for all your hard work!

Sent on 12/16/2011

Toi · Married on 11/21/2009

Extremely happy! Pictures had an extra special touch. Maurer Photography's pictures are above and beyond typical wedding photographs!!

Sent on 01/20/2010

Darice · Married on 10/24/2009

We were very pleased with Maurer Photography. Lem and Marilyn were very helpful and were fun to work with. They took wonderful pictures and I would recommend them to anyone looking for a photographer.

Sent on 01/20/2010

Larissa · Married on 10/24/2009

Loved them, they were awesome and great to work with. I was very pleased with my photos.

Sent on 03/01/2010

Megan · Married on 09/05/2009

Lem and Marilyn are fantastic! They respond to calls and emails promptly, are extremely accomadating - even letting me choose our outdoor picture location for engagment and wedding pictures the day before. They know what they are doing as far as the details of photography, but they are also "people" and realize the importance, stress (!), and significance of the day. I can't say enough great things about how easy they are to work with!

Sent on 09/22/2009

Ginny · Married on 08/15/2009

Lem and Marilyn Maurer are absolutely phenomenal at their job. They are friends of mine and they were the only ones I wanted to capture my wedding images. I am very pleased with the photos and I enjoy showing them off to others. Everyone should hire Maurer Photography for their wedding portraits!

Sent on 11/20/2009

Laura · Married on 08/07/2009

Choosing Lem and Marilyn as our photographers was the easiest and best decision we made about our vendors. I knew I was going to be very picky about who would be our photographers because one of my best friends is a professional photographer (but I wanted her to be a bridesmaid!). So we carefully looked at ALL photographers in the area. When we went to the Maurer's house to meet with them, we felt so welcomed and at-home immediately. Their approach was very professional, and they were SO friendly and welcoming to us. We left that meeting extremely impressed, and called shortly after to book them.
    The day of the wedding, they really helped us set the mood for all our portraits, and they just smiled and encouraged us and told us how great we looked the whole time...which totally relaxed us, and I'm sure helped the pictures look great. We absolutely loved having them be a part of our day - their personalities are WONDERFUL!! Plus, it is obvious they love what they do.
    We couldn't be more pleased with the quality and selection of pictures we received. My husband and I (and even my parents) HIGHLY recommend Maurer Photography.

Sent on 10/15/2009

Chelsey · Married on 07/31/2009

Lem and Marilyn are AWESOME! Whenever I had a question they responded to calls and emails promptly. They made us feel very comfortable while taking pictures! They are a lot of fun to work with and with all the kids in our wedding I was worried about them not cooperating for pictures but Lem and Marilyn did an outstanding job with getting them to smile and keeping their attention! Maurer Photography is very professional and affordable. I could not have made a better decision!

Sent on 02/11/2010

Katie · Married on 07/17/2009

Maurer Photography is excellent! Lem & Marilyn are great to work with! Our pictures captured everything a wedding should...love, joy, excitement, fun, and family! I would recommend them to any couple!

Sent on 12/08/2009

Langenfeld · Married on 07/11/2009

Maurer Photography was one of the best choices we made for our wedding. Absolutely beautiful images and amazing talent are just a few of the perks for choosing Maurers. Lem and Marilyn are very professional, yet fun. My husband was not particularly looking foward to the "photography" aspect of our wedding, but Maurer's made it fun and easy. Our images are far beyond our expectations. The first question everyone asks when they look at our images is "who did your photography!". They were very easy to contact and stay in touch with. We recieved an itenerary before our wedding day and everything went exactly as they had planned. We were especially pleased that they took time to get images that we would not have remembered to get...but are so thankful now!! They certainly captured every aspect of our wedding. I do not wright reviews too often, but Lem and Marilyn did such an amazing job I thought that other couples should know how great they are. When you book Maurers for your wedding day you can officially check that off the list and not think about it again. Check out there website and you will see why they recieve "photo of the year" year after year.

Sent on 10/14/2009

Ana · Married on 06/07/2009

I cant think of one thing I would have wanted to change about our wedding photography. The Maurers truly have a gift! It was all so comfortable, I'm not really one to like the camera but I trusted what they said and the pictures turned out so wonderfull! I would recommend them to anyone who wants beautiful pictures, proffessional photographers and a comfortable laid back environment. I was so impressed with them they really took time to learn our family dynamics and wanted to capture every special moment instead of creating them. Sometimes I didnt even know they were there! Thank you so much Maurers we couldnt have asked for anything more!

Sent on 12/13/2009

Lindsey · Married on 05/30/2009

Maurer Photography did photography for our engagement session and wedding in May, as well as videography for our wedding. We could not be more pleased with the results. Lem and Marilyn were absolutely amazing to work with. They are so professional yet personal at the same time. We were hesistant in the begining simply because of the price, but in the end, we can honestly say they are worth every cent. From the begining they were super helpful. They are easy to contact and always available. If we were unable to talk with them immediately they returned our call the same day. They were thorough with explanations and honest with their advice. They worked with us to make the process as convenient and hassle-free as possible. We were from out of town and they went out of their way to accommodate us in any possible way. We had our pictures back in a timely manner and could not have been happier. Lem and Marilyn are organized and plan well ahead of time. We were married in an old Cathedral that had terrible audio and lighting. Neither of which is evident from our pictures/video. They were organized and had the days' agenda and picture spots set well before the big day. The only problem is that we now have too many good pictures to choose from. Our album turned out absolutely beautiful and our video is a great reminder of the days events in an organized and personalized manner. Lem and Marilyn were geat to work with and we highly recommend them to anyone who cares about quality and details. Thanks Lem and Marilyn for not only making our wedding day amazing, but for giving us valuable memories to last forever!

Sent on 11/25/2009

Krista · Married on 05/23/2009

We LOVE Maurer Photography!!! Maurer Photography is made up of a husband and wife team - Lem and Marilyn. They were more than photographers - they helped us throughout the day, guiding us, even helping us figure out how to cut the cake! From the first meeting until months after the wedding (when I had questions about printing more photos), they have been a true pleasure to work with. I planned the wedding from hundreds of miles away, and they were very quick to respond to emails and answer all of my questions. Lem and Marilyn are not only very professional and take their jobs seriously, but they also helped us have a great time, relaxed us, and truly cared about us. We received our pictures very soon after our wedding, and could NOT be happier with the results. Although they are more expensive than some other photographers in the area (although NOT the most expensive we met with), it is really, really worth the money. We have received soooo many compliments on our photos and we love them. The photos really bring back memories - they captured the emotions of the day, not just who was there, but what happened. They know how to make each wedding and set of photos unique to the couple -- my husband's sister and her husband also chose the Maurers as their wedding photographers and although their wedding was only 3 months after ours, our photos were both very beautiful and unique!
    Guaranteed - you cannot find better wedding photographers!

Sent on 12/17/2009

Matt · Married on 06/23/2007

Lem and Marilyn were courteous, professional, and the finished product is second to none! Definitely recommend them for future weddings.

Sent on 11/23/2012

Lori · Married on 09/23/2006

If you are getting married do not even consider another photographer. I am very particular and not easily impressed... we had an outdoor wedding at the Westward Ho with a professional wedding planner. I wouldn't recommend the wedding planner (or the tent rental co., or the cake decorator) but I tell everyone I meet that's getting married- HIRE Mauer Photography. They are by far the best out there- absolute best. Spend the money for the album and the DVD with still and video images-- every single picture and video montage is choreographed to be exactly where it "should" be-- and the music is breath taking. They give you 3 copies-- one for you and 2 more for each set of parents. The demo is beautiful but when you receive your own you will cry every time you watch it. I cannot say enough wonderful things about Lem & Marilyn- what a team. The quality of their work and the pictures you get are priceless. And Lem will airbrush "problem areas" girls!!! They are the kindest, most professional people you could ever meet. They took our engagement pictures (beautiful) for free, arrived early the day of the wedding, got the most AMAZING shots during the ceremony, took lots of candid photos- which I love, and stayed later than I had hired them for to make sure they got pictures of the first dance and reception. Once you meet Lem & Marilyn you will fall in love with them as we did... I guarantee it.

Sent on 03/03/2008