Des Moines, IA 50311 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 11

About Ryan Leafgreen Photography

Based in the Des Moines Iowa metro, I {Ryan} focus my photography to engagements, weddings & our very popular photo booth {Operated by my wife Joy}. This allows me to provide my clients with creative, high quality images & a very professional experience. Over the past 9 years, I have found my passion with photography through the form of story telling. There is nothing like capturing a wedding, being part of every big moment of the day then retelling that love story through my lens using both still images and video. For many years, I have captured weddings with still images only and have recently started to take advantage of the new technology within today’s cameras to also capture video. With images and video combined, I’m able to create a wedding day fusion video to tell the story beautifully and help the couple remember the day for the rest of their lives. Still image photography is still my number one priority and focus; however I’m able to take the best of both worlds between videography and photography to create a truly memorable story to tell. I shoot using high-quality cameras and lenses and over the years have developed my own sense of style which my clients have come to love. I shoot from a very natural well lit approach and rarely change the mood of my images from the point I captured them. I hope you’ll love looking through my site and consider myself for your big day! Check out my reviews page to hear from some of my previous clients. Browse through my portfolio to see a variety of sessions. There are many talented photographers out there. Let my site & past clients help you decide if I’m the right photographer for you. My wife Joy helps me stay on task with the formals list & also runs our photo booth while I’m busy capturing the wedding day story. Thank you for your consideration, ~ Ryan & Joy ~

Member, Professional Photographers of America

des moines iowa wedding photographers

Follow Ryan Leafgreen Photography on

131200061339200396106333880669927453628777o

• Videos 5

3 Reviews for Ryan Leafgreen Photography

Heather · Married on 06/10/2017

Ryan and Joy were fantastic! We were recommended to them by several friends and drawn to their fusion video concept. And we were not disappointed! From our first meeting, we could tell that they were down to earth, really wanting to know our personalities & interests, and added those moments to our photos. In both our engagement session & our wedding day, they were fun to work with and made the time fly by. They even devoted extra time to make sure all shots were covered, always exceeding our expectations. We have yet to watch the raw video footage, but the fusion video captures all of the right moments throughout our special day. We were so excited to share everything. Plus, the package deal included so many wonderful extras, including the pre-loaded tech & photo album.

Sent on 09/23/2017

Ryan and his wife Joy were so easy to work with! They did a really great job of listening to us and were very flexible. The photos turned out great and were delivered to us 24 hours after the wedding. They also surprised us with a really amazing Fusion video, which was not something that we asked for. The video is so special to us and it is one of my favorite things in the entire world. I would highly recommend Ryan Leafgreen Photography!

Sent on 04/18/2015
  • Jade

Jade Clark · Married on 02/01/2014

Super fun and easy to run!!

Easy to work with and super fun to have at our Open House for our dance studio!!

Sent on 08/19/2019

Ryan Leafgreen Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 895.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price? Digital Files
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 1,995.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Albums, Digital Files
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with? Contemporary, Film, Photojournalism, Traditional
  • What photography services do you offer? Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Second Shooter, Video, Wedding Portraits
  • What photography items do you offer? Canvas, Digital Files, Prints, Proofs, Thank You Cards