Kyndal Elise Photography

Ames, IA View map
$3,500 Most Popular Price

$3,500 Most Popular Price

Kyndal Elise is an Iowa-based, world-travelling photographer focuses on intimate weddings, elopements, destinations, and couples that just really friggin' love each other effortlessly.

Photography for capturing the big and little love-fueled adventures in life. If you constantly find yourself craving tacos, checking on flights to the mountains, or bopping to some Fleetwood Mac, I think we’ll be a rad fit.

Hi there! I’m a full time wedding and portrait photographer based out of Ames, Iowa, serving all of the Midwest and beyond! I’m a big believer in making sure you document all the milestones in your lifetime. After all, you’re not going to pass down your iPhone to your grandchildren — you’re going to pass down those photos you had intentionally taken, printed, and hung up in your home or created into an album. PHOTOS ARE A TIMELESS FAMILY HEIRLOOM, PEOPLE! ;) Something I’ve always loved in this life is story telling, and photography is my way to contribute to that love of mine!

I have always gravitated towards photography. Growing up, I was constantly requesting a digital, disposable, or polaroid camera for Christmas. I would take pictures of random inanimate objects all over the place, and call it ~art~. I was the one at slumber parties that insisted we all pose for a group shot with the handy dandy 10 second timer. Oh, and my camera was definitely pink at the time, lol.

When it came to picking a school to go to college, I tried really hard to find a photography program offered by a school in Iowa that resonated with me. Unfortunately, I really couldn't find anything that felt right! So I ended up going to school at Iowa State University and majoring in Public Relations. I really enjoyed it, and I got a full time job as soon as I graduated!

However, I quickly learned that sitting at a desk from 8-5, staring at a screen, going to board meetings, and answering a phone, was not a lifestyle that would fulfill me. So in May of 2018, the same month I graduated college, I bought my fancy camera and started building my photography portfolio!

In two months of doing photos for free, I photographed 50+ couples, families, seniors, brands, literally anyone that asked me to take photos for them, I said yes to! From this time of saying yes over and over again, I figured out where my passion lies: weddings and couples!

I went from having 1 wedding in 2018, to 12 weddings in 2019, 35 in 2020, and 35 in 2021. *happy tears*

Truly, nothing brings me more joy or fulfills me as much as photographing two people who love each other effortless and limitlessly does!

• Woman-owned