Mark Toback - Life Together Weddings Reviews

53 | Soquel, CA

53 Reviews for Mark Toback - Life Together Weddings

Terry · Married on 06/10/2018

Mark Toback was such a breath of fresh air. He not only did an outstanding job with the ceremony but also made it very personal & intimate for my Wife & I.
    He understood that this Vow renewal was very special for so many reasons, it was on our 30th Wedding anniversary, our first wedding 30 years ago was in our living room.
    Mark spent time understanding the back ground, our family values & the generations that were attending
    With all of that & the importance of the day, Mark was so engaging, kept it elegant but with a lite atmosphere, engaging not only my wife & I but also the people attending.
    We cannot say enough about how perfect Mark made the day for us. But even more impressive is how much our guests have reached out to us both after the ceremony at the reception as well as the week after it was over.
    Mark made a strong lasting impression in such a positive way

Sent on 06/14/2018

Cam · Married on 04/28/2018

We got married recently and Mark was our officiant. From our first contact with him, he guided us through what to except and share his advice. Initially we had a 1.5 hour Skype meeting with Mark since we live out of town when he asked questions to learn about our families, about us both as a couple and individually. He asked about our visions for the ceremony. He was so patient, open, very easy to talk to and was really great at sharing his experience and advice and was able to take our story and transform it into a very meaningful ceremony script. About two months before the wedding, Mark provided us with a draft and we worked together to complete it. On the day of the wedding we met Mark for the fist time in person but it felt like we have known him forever through our interactions months before our wedding. Mark was able to help us to have such a beautiful ceremony that our families and friends wowed to us. The whole wedding planning process can be stressful and confusing but having the right officiant that can help to create a beautiful ceremony is a must. Our wedding day was so amazingly beautiful because of Mark! He gave us a print out of our wedding ceremony script as a keepsake. Mark is really experienced, exceptional, kind, and warm! We are so thankful that Mark was our officiant!

Sent on 05/31/2018

Mark Toback - Life Together Weddings's reply:

Cam, it was great to meet you and Tony and it was a delight officiate your wedding ceremony. Thank you for your very kind and thoughtful review. All the best! Mark

Jessica · Married on 09/23/2017

Below is our email to Mark the day after our wedding.
    "Mark,
    Kevin and I keep talking about how wonderful our ceremony was. I was beyond joyful and it was the PERFECT way to start the whole wedding! We cannot thank you enough for the beautiful and meaningful ceremony.
    Much love,
    The Paulsen's!

Sent on 09/30/2017

Ethan · Married on 09/09/2017

Mark Toback was the best officiant Marie and I could have asked for. He was extremely charismatic, charming, and funny. He took the time to sit down with us and really understand our relationship. Mark's wedding ceremony speech was perfect. He is great at making you feel emotional and has great comedic timing when it's needed. As a mixed faith relationship, Mark did a great job incorporating parts of both the Jewish and Catholic faiths (and surprisingly both families really loved what he had to say). He was very professional and personal. I would highly recommend Mark to anyone who is looking for a great officiant who not only wants to make this day special for you, but wants to understand you as a couple.

Sent on 09/25/2017

marie · Married on 09/09/2017

I am so happy my now husband found mark online to be our officiant. He really felt like a member of the family. I received so many compliments from our guests about Mark. Hep helped us mix our faiths and come to a compromise that was able to appease both of our families. I would 100% choose him again to marry us, every time we met or talked with him we felt to happy we chose him. I would suggest him to to any bride and groom who wants a nice man who also knows a lot about the marriage industry and can guide you easily through the process.

Sent on 10/03/2017

Thank you Marie!

Ashley · Married on 07/15/2017

My husband and I got married this past July, 2017 in Carmel, CA. As we look back, we still agree that Mark Toback was the BEST decision we made for our wedding. Our families can't stop raving about Mark too! From our first conversation, we knew Mark was the perfect wedding officiant for us. Mark is warm, accommodating, and went above and beyond for us! The best part about Mark is that he truly understood us...our love for each other, our sense of humor, and the feeling we wanted to portray in our ceremony. He absolutely nailed it! We new it was going to be great, but it exceeded our expectations! Mark was able to create sincerity, levity, and joyousness in our ceremony. He captivated our guests, and made everyone feel included. Our family and friends continue to tell us (and we agree!)....our ceremony was pure magic. We truly believe Mark conveyed this magic. We cannot thank him enough!

Sent on 10/13/2017
  • I

Ian · Married on 06/01/2017

Mark was amazing for our wedding! My wife and I were not sure what to expect going in but Mark meet with us and walked us through the entire process. Really appreciate the time he took to answer our questions and loved how the wedding went! Highly recommended!

Sent on 09/24/2017

Ian,
    It was great getting to know you and Sydney. Thank you for your very kind review. All the best!
  • Colleen and Walt's Wedding

Colleen · Married on 05/28/2017

Thank you Mark. I cannot adequately express how very special you made our day. It was perfect from beginning to end. I would do it all over again tomorrow!!! :)

Sent on 06/05/2017

Dear Colleen,
    I am very happy that you and Walt loved your wedding ceremony. It was so nice getting to know you both. And it was a joy to work with you to make your wedding day such a wonderful celebration.
    Congratulations!

Chelsea · Married on 04/29/2017

Mark Toback was the officiant at my twin sister's wedding and I loved her ceremony so much that I wanted Mark to be my wedding officiant too. My husband and I met with Mark and told him about our lives, interests, careers, the story of how we met, etc. He really listened to us and was able to write our personal love story in our vows. We loved our meaningful and beautiful ceremony. Our families loved hearing our story too!. Mark was professional, punctual, and easy to get along with. We would definitely recommend Mark to other brides and grooms!

Sent on 09/24/2017

Mark Toback - Life Together Weddings's reply:

Chelsea, It was an honor to officiate your wedding ceremony and to be a part of your family celebration. All the best to you and Jameson!

Kim · Married on 04/15/2017

Mark was very sensitive, understanding and articulate in what we wanted communicated to our children at the wedding ceremony. He was very easy to get on the same page with, both on the phone with planning and in person. It was a joy working with him! Thanks again Mark!

Sent on 09/26/2017

Greg · Married on 04/15/2017

Mark is an extraordinarily gifted wedding pastor. (Just one of many ways I know he contributes high value to his community!) He is extremely knowledgeable about faiths and cultures. He demonstrates a deep, sincere, and joyful appreciation for the ideal of loving relationships. He infused us as a couple with energy and confidence about the rich goodness of the new journey we were undertaking. Mark paid careful attention to what we told him were our values and priorities. He accurately spoke about what is unique, and still universally valued, about us as a couple. He created an intelligent and relevant message, and a ceremony, that perfectly represented us. He left us, and the attendees, feeling blessed by the experience. With more reflection I realize what else Mark offered: 1)Aways a cheerful, flexible, "can-do" attitude, 2)Spoke his thoughtful "sermon" with energy and appropriate emotional emphasis, 3)Extremely cooperative about location - our ceremony was held outside town, outdoors, 1/4 mile down a moderately steep and uneven wilderness trail, alongside a rushing creek! 4)His communication and relationship skills are just as professional and warm whether tending to a crowd of hundreds, or a small outdoor ceremony of 10 like ours!

Sent on 09/28/2017

Jade · Married on 01/03/2017

Mark was absolutely fabulous! All the way around, caring, communicative, prompt, just really, really, really great. His experience shines through and his uplifting personality was an absolute pleasure. We canceled our real wedding and called Mark for a spur of the moment elopement! There was zero planning, terrible weather and no typical wedding traditions but Mark rolled with it and guided us through flawlessly! Two thumbs up, we are forever grateful!

Sent on 09/28/2017

Mark Toback - Life Together Weddings's reply:

Thank you for your very kind words. I am so happy to read that you enjoyed your Capitola elopement. It was wonderful to meet you and your children. All the best in your new life together!

Allison · Married on 07/16/2016

Mark is an incredibly kind and joyful man - he was such a wonderful officiant for our wedding. He met with us before the wedding to get to know us better. He then he drafted a thoughtful and personal ceremony for us based on our conversation. He is a charismatic and jovial speaker, we loved our ceremony and received many compliments. We highly recommend Mark, he a genuinely nice and caring person that you will surely love as we did!

Sent on 11/01/2016

Staci · Married on 06/25/2016

It is my pleasure to be writing this review for Mark. Mark was the officiant for my wedding in Santa Cruz, CA in June of 2016. Not only did Mark do a phenomenal job officiating, but he put in a lot of time and effort in order to get our special day just right. Mark made it a point to get to know us before the day of the wedding. We live in New York, so it was not possible to chat with Mark in person any significant time before the wedding. So Mark was kind enough to invite us into his home via Skype and we had a nice chat for an hour or two so we could get to know each other and craft our perfect ceremony.
    The days leading up to the ceremony, Mark would check in to see how we were doing, how our trip out went, inquiring about paperwork, and perfecting last-minute details. My husband and I didn’t want anything big. We wanted a small, intimate ceremony, and Mark was able to give that to us. I wouldn’t have changed a thing about that day, and I’m forever grateful that Mark could be a part of our special day, and I’m grateful that he could tailor it to our desires. Thank you, Mark!

Sent on 02/25/2017

Tim · Married on 06/01/2016

We did not know Mark from Adam before the wedding. We are from Chicago, but were getting married in Carmel California. It was a daunting task to try to find an officiant that would be a good match for us. Mark was immediately a great fit with his vibrancy and positive attitude. By the time of the ceremony we felt that he belonged there as much as our wedding party.

Sent on 12/23/2016

Christina · Married on 05/21/2016

My husband and I were very impressed with Mark's skill and work as a wedding officiant. He took time to ensure that we were comfortable with our vows and showed genuine interest that they reflected and captured who we are as a couple.

Sent on 11/06/2016

David · Married on 04/03/2016

Mark Toback was a great officiant. We couldn't have found anyone better. Are ceremony was perfect just like we had planned and hoped for.

Sent on 05/16/2016

Lindsey · Married on 03/19/2016

Mark made our ceremony the most amazing day of our lives. All of our guests said how wonderful the ceremony was and it felt so personal. He added humor without being over the top and put in very personal touches that made it feel so special. He is so friendly and you just want to be his friend forever!

Sent on 05/04/2016

Kavita · Married on 02/27/2016

A friend of mine who was recently married recommended Mark. I am so grateful that she did because he was absolutely wonderful! He was easy to work with, flexible, and awesome overall!! Many of our guests commented that they really loved what he said. We loved it too! Thanks, Mark, for marrying Trevor and I. We are so grateful, and we look forward to renewing our vows with you someday. :)

Sent on 05/08/2016

Mark Toback - Life Together Weddings's reply:

Kavita and Trevor, I am honored and grateful that you asked me to officiate your Carmel beach wedding ceremony. It was a pleasure getting to know you and work with you both. It was great to see hundreds of your family and friends on the beach celebrating your love and commitment to one another. Thank you, also for your wonderful review. Let's stay in touch! All the best! Mark Toback, Wedding Officiant

Mark was great to work with. He had the perfect vision of what we wanted in a wedding ceremony.

Sent on 09/08/2015

I was referred to Mark from another officiant who was booked on our date. Ok, no problem, to be honest I was not picky so long as the person seemed to know what they were doing.
    There have been many days where i have wondered why we were even having a true "wedding" and not just going to the courthouse to get married, as our wedding is very tiny (25 guests). But in 100% honesty, my fiance and I speaking to Mark tonight via skype reminded me of exactly why having a wedding ceremony (not just the JOP) was important to me.
    Mark is extremely knowledgeable and professional and had some really great ideas that I had never heard of (divorcee and pinterest obsessor...I have been around the block a few times). Even my fiance who had originally said "just make it short" was involved in our discussion and was encouraged by it.
    I am so thankful that we found Mark and he made our day extremely special :)

Sent on 09/07/2015

Matt and Laura · Married on 08/01/2015

Mark was incredible to make a personalized and touching wedding ceremony. He spent time getting to know us and made the process of editing and personalizing our ceremony so easy.
    We got so many comments after on just how perfect and beautiful the ceremony was and how well it represented us as a couple and how it showed through the love that we have for each other. Mark was also the perfect blend of professional and personal with some added humor and making us feel comfortable and happy.

Sent on 09/15/2015

Michael · Married on 07/31/2015

My wife and I decided on July 24th 2015 to get married on July 31st 2015 we had planned on a Santa Cruz wedding having a justice of the peace perform our ceremony, after some deciding we came to an agreement we wanted a Pasture to marry us mind you this is now Tuesday July 28th 2015 We found Mark, we called he stated he was busy but would sqeeze us in which is exactly what he did . He suggested we get married in Capitola on the beach we loved the idea ,we also brought to his attention we didn't think we would have a witness ,he simply suggested he would bring his wife, we have to say He did an amazing Job ,A pleasure to do business with I highly recommend Mark to everyone he gave us a great ceremony in such a short notice I could only imagine the service anyone else could get given more time then we gave him ...

Sent on 08/08/2015

Mark Toback - Life Together Weddings's reply:

Robin and Michael. It was so great to meet you and perform your wedding ceremony. I'm so happy the timing worked out for all of us. Thank you for your very kind and thoughtful review. All the best!! Mark

Sher · Married on 07/27/2015

Mark was absolutely wonderful to work with! I knew right after our initial phone call that he was the right choice for our ceremony. Mark is great with communication; easy to talk to, listened to my requests, was patient and kind (even after I changed our vows multiple times!), and very professional. He arrived an hour early to my ceremony, and brought his lovely wife who was gracious enough to be our official witness. He wrote a beautiful ceremony (he even made us a keepsake copy for my wedding album), special just for us; incorporating everything we had talked about. Mark truly made our day!
    Choosing to have a destination wedding is a bit scary, especially when choosing an officiant. I am so thankful we found Mark. I would highly recommend Mark's services!!

Sent on 09/09/2015

Jackie · Married on 07/25/2015

We live in Chicago and got married in Capitola, CA. We are so thankful that Mark was able to perform our wedding - he was absolutely amazing. We met with him via Skype for a couple of hours so he could get to know us, and he really did a great job incorporating our interests and love for one another into our ceremony. He sent us the ceremony so we could read through it and edit anything we wanted to change (which was very little). Almost every person at our wedding told us how much they enjoyed our ceremony - it was so personal. We highly recommend Mark - he was so easy to work with, very professional, and he really cared about us. Thanks to Mark for making our day so special and memorable.

Sent on 09/13/2015

Dear Jackie,
    Thank you for your very kind review. I am so happy that you found me and that I was able to help make your California wedding dreams come true!
    All the best!