Santa Cruz Officiant

Santa Cruz, CA View map

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner

Naomi is a multi-award winning wedding officiant. She creates one of a kind, community rich, love story focused wedding ceremonies that help couples joyfully and powerfully transition into the next beautiful phase of their lives!

Some of the things couples have said about her wedding ceremonies include:

“Our ceremony was purely and honestly of another universe. I'm still in awe of how beautiful that experience was. Naomi really helped us cross the threshold of marriage, and we are forever grateful for everything she's done for us.” -Shane, Carmel Valley Ranch

"Thank you again for the amazing gift to us of that beautiful ceremony. It was art in action, and it was beyond meaningful.”

"It was everything I’d hoped for, and more than I could have imagined. It absolutely felt like a ritual, rite of passage, and sacred ceremony... exactly what I wanted it to be AND somehow more than I thought it could be."

“By far, our favorite part of our wedding was the beautiful ceremony Naomi created just for us.”

"If you are fortunate enough to have Naomi as your wedding officiant, you will have an experience that neither you, nor your guests, will ever forget."

Naomi writes and performs original, custom, bespoke, one of a kind wedding ceremonies for couples of all backgrounds, beliefs and orientations. Most of the couples who seek her out identify as secular, atheist, agnostic, nontraditional, spiritual-but-not-religious, neo-pagan, inter-spiritual, mixed faith, multi-faith, Jewish and unaffiliated. Her rave reviews on WeddingWire, Yelp, Google and The Knot reflect her passion and dedication to creating and delivering wedding ceremonies that enliven, inspire, engage and delight couples and their communities. Naomi is active on Instagram and you can follow her there at @santacruzofficiant. She is the author of a popular blog about unique wedding ceremonies, nonreligious wedding ceremonies, LGBTQIA+ wedding ceremonies, modern Jewish wedding ceremonies, spiritual-but-not-religious wedding ceremonies, secular wedding ceremonies, multi-faith wedding ceremonies, earth-based wedding ceremonies, outdoor wedding ceremonies, neo-pagan wedding ceremonies, custom elopement ceremonies, and more. Naomi has special expertise with interfaith, mixed-faith, multi-faith and Jew-ish wedding ceremonies, and in working with ex-mormons and recovering catholics. In general, her ceremonies can be described as "secular but sacred" or "sacred but not religious." Her priority is to support couples in having a rite of passage that honors the magnitude of the moment, and sets them up for a beautiful start to their marriage.

Experience
Naomi has more than 15 years of training and experience in ceremony creation and facilitation. Her education includes a BA in creative writing from Queens College, a background in theater and public speaking, two years of ministerial training with the Center for Sacred Studies, and certification as a Life Cycle Celebrant from The Celebrant Institute and Foundation. Additionally, she has apprenticed with master ceremonialists in various traditions of ritual, ceremony and prayer. Since beginning Santa Cruz Officiant in 2015, Naomi has performed over 200 wedding ceremonies, become a founding board member of the Slow Weddings Network, and won multiple awards on the top wedding websites, including WeddingWire and The Knot. Naomi takes couples under her wing, guides them and loves on them on one of the most important days of their lives. As well, Naomi helps couples stay grounded, present and connected when they get lost in the wedding planning, and it all becomes a bit too much.

Areas Covered
Santa Cruz Officiant is a local, woman owned, small busiess. Naomi performs large scale wedding ceremonies, mini-monies and elopements in the city of Santa Cruz and the Santa Cruz Mountains, as well as in Los Gatos, and all along the coast between Big Sur and Half Moon Bay (including Pacifica, Carmel Valley, Monterey County, Carmel By The Sea, Slow Coast, Pescadero, Davenport, Ben Lomond, Bonny Doon, Boulder Creek, Woodside and La Selva Beach). Some of her favorite venues to officiate at include Nestldown, Thomas Fogarty Winery, Holman Ranch, Gardener Ranch, Carmel Valley Ranch, Rancho Don Bosco, Rancho Soquel, Sequoia Retreat Center, Holly Farm, Waterfall Lodge, Regale Winery and Vineyards, Hollins House, The Mountain Terrace, and Sand Rock Farm.

• Woman-owned

Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal?

What types of weddings and events do you provide services for?

Non-religious
Interfaith
Ceremony Rehearsal
Vow Renewal
Civil Union
Single Religion

What services do you provide?

Allow Couples' Own Vows

What religious affiliations do you serve?

Agnostic
Shinto
Sikhism
Taoist
Unitarian

On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate?

Less than 30 mins.
30-60 mins.

In which states are you licensed?

CA
CO

What languages do you speak?

English

Alexa Married on 11/12/2021

Wowie wow wow!

Naomi! First off, what an absolutely incredible human. Our guests can’t stop talking about the ceremony that she created for us. Her attention to detail and thoughtful working process brought us a completely unique individually curated ceremony that left everyone buzzing. Not only was the ceremony moving for my wife and myself but every single person in the space left the ceremony changed because of experiencing it.
    Haley L. Married on 10/30/2021

Just wow!!

We highly recommend Naomi if you’re looking for a stellar officiant for your big day! Our ceremony was intimate and so well created. Naomi was involved and attentive during the prewedding process. She really wanted to get to know us as individuals and as a couple in order to create the ceremony. She encouraged us to write our own vows and we are so thankful she did. This helped us to be present with each other during the day. Naomi is wonderfully gifted with the written word!
  • Kelsi
    Kelsi S. Married on 10/26/2021

Our amazing guide into married life! Beautiful & meaningful ceremony

Naomi truly helped make our wedding the most magical and happy day of our lives. The ceremony was so beautiful and meaningful, speaking to who we are with so much truth.

I was in awe during the whole ceremony at the different phases Naomi walked us through in taking the next big step together in our relationship. I truly felt her guiding us like an old friend, helping us stay present and in the moment as we became husband and wife.

She showed our guests a beautiful ceremony and people from all different religions and backgrounds kept coming up to us and commenting on how beautiful and spiritual it was!

We’re so happy to have found Naomi to be our officiant and can’t imagine our wedding day unfolding like it did without her.

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner

Team

Naomi Ehrich
Naomi Ehrich
Owner

Hi! I’m Naomi Ehrich. I’m a multi-award winning wedding officiant in Santa Cruz.

I’m a competent, caring, creative and charismatic wedding officiant who helps couples have a wedding ceremony that is authentically them. I take couples under my wing, guide them, and love on them on one of the most important days of their lives. I help couples stay grounded, present and connected when they get lost in the planning, and it all becomes a bit too much. I create magical ceremonies that set the tone for the rest of their wedding, and more importantly, for the rest of their lives! A recent bride (who I met 2x via zoom over the course of 3 months) wrote “Naomi wrote our ceremony and it felt like she had known us our entire lives.” And a recent groom told me that his guests were sure I had known him and his bride for a long time. This is a response I get a lot, since my intention is to feel like that friend or family member who has known you forever, but who also has the wisdom, leadership and mastery of a professional presider.

De Joy Photography De Joy Photography Wedding Photographers

Naomi is one of a kind! I've never met an officiant who is as passionate as Naomi. We met a bridal show and was blown away by her love and kindness - she really does care for the couples she marries! I would highly recommend Naomi and will recommend her to all my clients.

Duke and Pearl Weddings Duke and Pearl Weddings Wedding Planners

Naomi with Medicine Woman Wisdom Weddings is very warm and wonderful person to talk with. She will create a wedding ceremony especially for you based on what you want and will have many meaningful ideas to make your wedding ceremony truly memorable for you!

Durango Sacred Hearts of the Wild Durango Sacred Hearts of the Wild Wedding Officiants

Rev. Naomi is an amazing ceremonialist that has a flair for Officiating Weddings with decadence and intimacy that reflects the couple. Her style is unique but with great depth. I would recommend her to any couple who desires an intimate ceremony that radiates their love they have for each other! with love, Rev. Tedda

Santa Cruz Santa Cruz, CA, 95060
Location of (Santa Cruz Officiant)

Other vendors in Monterey for your wedding