Santa Cruz Officiant Reviews

41 | Santa Cruz, CA

41 Reviews for Santa Cruz Officiant

La La · Married on 06/10/2020

Naomi is a True Gem!

Thank you, Naomi for your skill, dedication, and flexibility in the COVID era! Michael and I truly appreciate your willingness to support us as our local COVID guidelines resulted in a change of date, location, minimizing our guest list, added social distancing protocols, etc. Thank you for supporting us in truly remaining grounded, connected, and present for our ceremony of love. We made it through this wild ride. We’re married! Thank you!!!

Sent on 06/21/2020

Kristy Stokes · Married on 10/07/2019

Perfect for us!

We found Naomi Rose through our photographer who highly recommended her. We planned a very intimate elopement with just the two of us, so it was very important to us to have an officiant who we could feel very comfortable with and trust in such a personal and meaningful moment in our lives. We were very happy that Naomi was available for our date! She prepared a beautiful ceremony for us and we wrote our own vows. When she arrived, I was talking to our photographer about my plan to surprise my husband with a bridal hula after the ceremony. I hadn’t even told Naomi about it because I figured she’d be gone by the time I did it. She was so interested and touched by the gesture of a hula, that she encouraged me to make it a part of my vows to him. That hadn’t even occurred to me, and the fact that she cared enough to incorporate it into the ceremony meant so much to me. I loved that she wasn’t just “watching the clock“, and that she truly wanted us to have the best experience. I ended up doing the hula as part of my vows, and it was the most memorable part of our elopement. I am so grateful to Naomi for being so flexible, accommodating, and compassionate on our very special day. She even cried during our vows which was very touching. We hadn’t ever met prior to the ceremony yet she was so present and grounded, and made it all about us. We couldn’t have asked for more! She even calmly helped me a few weeks later when I thought I’d made a huge mistake with our marriage license. It turned out to be fine, but I appreciated her immediate response and caring nature. Mahalo Naomi!!

Sent on 11/02/2019
  • Christopher

Christopher Ortiz · Married on 09/29/2019

Ceremony to remember!!

Naomi prepared such a beautiful and memorable ceremony for us. We got so many positive comments from our families! She had a wonderful process for getting to know us as a couple and for helping us to reflect on our own relationship. These insights were incorporated into a very personalized and special ceremony that we will always cherish. Working with her has honestly been one of the best aspects of the wedding!

Sent on 11/05/2019
  • John

John · Married on 09/21/2019

Wonderful and memorable ceremony

Naomi was wonderful to work with. She created a beautiful ceremony for us. It was full of laughter, happiness and emotions. We will cherish it forever, and our friends and family will remember it with fondness forever.
    Naomi always made herself available to us throughout the whole process, which took several months. Corresponding with us by email, text, phone call and in person. She helped us write our vows and got to know us both personally. We really trusted her, and it was a fun and enjoyable experience to work with her.

Sent on 10/04/2019
  • Michelle

Michelle Fenner · Married on 08/25/2019

Amazing, highly recommend!

Having Naomi officiate our wedding was the best decision my husband and I made. The ceremony was everything I’d hoped for, and more than I could have imagined. It felt like a ritual, rite of passage, and sacred ceremony....exactly what I wanted, and somehow beyond what I thought it could be. It was the most special moment of my life. Naomi created a magical experience, and I know many of the guests felt it. Every single person I spoke to told me it was the most beautiful wedding they have ever attended! Naomi took so much care to get to know us and our story. It felt like she really “got” who we were, both as individuals and as a couple, and this was reflected in the extraordinary, unique ceremony she created. Naomi is a powerful channel for the Divine, undoubtedly doing the work she was created to do in this life. If you have the opportunity to work with her, take it!

Sent on 09/16/2019
  • Maurice

Maurice Leibenstern · Married on 06/29/2019

Wedding Perfection

Every couple wants their wedding ceremony to be special, even if they don't know exactly what that looks like, or how to make it happen. That’s where we were at when we found Naomi. Naomi delivered a ceremony that was beyond anything we ever could have imagined. Without exaggeration, every attendee (including the vendors and support staff!!!) described our ceremony as one of the most touching, meaningful, intelligent, and overall loving ceremonies they had ever witnessed. And Naomi was at the center of it all. She truly took the time to get to know us, and it was her thorough understanding of us that gave our ceremony the depth, breadth and impact that it did. We didn't dictate or control every aspect of the ceremony creation process. We trusted Naomi, and that trust was rewarded with a magnificently joyous ceremony. Naomi brought elements of spirituality and practicality into it. She helped us write and refine our vows, honored our ancestors and key events in our pasts, and included several of our most beloved guests, who, with our consent and her guidance, surprised us with their beautiful contributions to the ceremony. She did all of this with flexibility, rather than force-feeding any unwanted doctrine or cliché elements. Where many officiants deliver words, Naomi delivered poetry. To say that there wasn’t a dry eye in the house is far too limiting – her efforts prompted a wide range of deep emotional reactions from our guests and ourselves, from tears to laughter, and everything in between. She caused us all to think, reflect, appreciate and, through it all, celebrate the joining of our lives; and she made the moment nothing short of magical. If you are fortunate enough to have Naomi as your wedding officiant, you will have an experience that neither you, nor your guests, will ever forget. We were truly blessed to find Naomi. We love her and cannot begin to describe our gratitude for what she created for us: a wedding ceremony like no other, that, without us even knowing it, was exactly what we needed.

Sent on 08/10/2019
  • Kristina

Kristina Yang · Married on 05/10/2019

Highly Personalized, Heart-felt Ceremony Officiant !!

Naomi was everything that we could have hoped for and more!

She really took the time and effort to get to know my husband and I, not only about our relationship but also us as individuals. She created questionnaires, set up video chats and met us in person and worked with us step by step to create the most personalized and detailed ceremony. Every couple is unique and their story is too, and Naomi is someone who really understands that and celebrates it through her style of ceremony.

We would highly recommend her to anyone who is looking for a personalized, intimate and heart-felt ceremony! We could not have imagined having our special day any other way.

Sent on 11/05/2019
  • Audrey

Audrey Rae · Married on 02/11/2019

Professional and Heartfelt Ceremony

Naomi officiated our wedding and was wonderful to work with. She agreed to meet with us in advance of the wedding and took time to get to know us and also provided us with templates to write our vows. The day of she was a calming presence for my husband who was a bit flustered and kept as all at ease when things weren't going as planned. The ceremony was lovely and heartfelt and really made our guests feel a part of the wedding. Several people commented on how much they appreciated what she had to say and reminding us all of the love around us. THANK YOU NAOMI

Sent on 11/15/2019

Marina · Married on 09/02/2018

Working with Naomi was an absolute dream! From the moment my husband and I first spoke with her, we felt that she understood us as a couple and would be a perfect fit to craft our ceremony. She guided us through the entire process, capturing our unique relationship and honoring all of our wishes and desires. She ultimately created a stunning ceremony for us that highlighted our family and loved ones and included rituals that were meaningful to us. So many wedding guests told us that it was the best ceremony they had ever attended (and we agree)!

Sent on 09/09/2018
  • Z

Zach · Married on 09/02/2018

Naomi was amazing. She wrote the perfect ceremony for my wife and me. We couldn't be happier with the way that it turned out! She was very professional and took the time to get to understand us as a couple.

Sent on 09/23/2018

Leah · Married on 08/11/2018

Our ceremony was amazing! Better than either of us could have imagined...we were so nervous and worked up before and I think we can both say we had fun up there :) all thanks to Naomi. Family, friends, and coworkers all went out of their way - and were very specific about how awesome our ceremony was, and how awesome you are. I’ve already recommended you to others and will continue to do so!

Sent on 09/17/2018

Angelina · Married on 07/22/2018

All I can say is, I can’t imagine anyone else officiating our day. The ceremony was the most valuable part of the wedding to us. Naomi understood that, and knew more than I did about how to manifest my perfect wedding. From a brides perspective, we have no idea of all the different variables of how it can go down. There’s your dream, but then there’s making your dream happen effortlessly and perfectly. She gave us so many pointers on things I would have never thought of. She met with my husband & myself for 2 hours to grasp our history and why were making this choice and she weaved it into something so personal and awe inspiring. It still makes me want to cry, it was so perfect. I got compliments from our most high profile guests who said that was their dream ceremony. I can’t express enough how grateful I am for her efforts, love and what she put out into the universe on our behalf. Anyone can marry you, but the ceremony is the gift to you and your partner. The rest of the wedding is for everyone else. I took money out of the reception to pay for her and I am so thankful I did. On a side note I asked for healing in my family so we can have the best life possible and she delicately wove that in and I know it worked. While she’s not the most budget friendly, if I had to do it all over again I would choose just her. Lol. If you come across this lovely woman, it’s for a reason. Blessings to your future!

Sent on 08/31/2018

Santa Cruz Officiant's reply:

Thank you so much for your beautiful words. I am so glad you that chose me to be your “marrying fairy!” I’m thrilled that you loved your ceremony, and that your high profile guests did too :) It was an honor to stand up with you in that beautiful redwood cathedral and bless you guys up! I would choose you again too!

Lauren · Married on 07/21/2018

Naomi was wonderful throughout the process, from reaching out for more information via email, down to the ceremony. We worked with Naomi remotely, and she made us feel very comfortable and at ease from the get-go. It felt like we had known her for a long time, the way we could talk to her and share information.

Aside from being incredibly patient, sweet and communicative, Naomi is a wonderful orator and storyteller. She took our dense surveys and somehow formatted them into a story - our story. She also made sure to highlight the elements that were important to us, like ancestors and family.

She is simply amazing and I feel that her ceremony really set the intention and tone for our marriage. We are so grateful to her and could not recommend her more highly.

Sent on 08/17/2018

Santa Cruz Officiant's reply:

Thank you Lauren -for you, for your loving and gracious emails, and for this review. Thank you for inspiring so much beauty, and of course laughter!!

Robert · Married on 07/15/2018

Naomi took the time and effort to learn about us, our lives, our families and loved ones prior to the ceremony. Then she put together an amazing very meaningful ceremony that has touched us forever. Our ceremony was perfect in every way.

Sent on 07/24/2018

Santa Cruz Officiant's reply:

Thanks so much Robert! It was such a joy to be nestled in that incredible redwood tree with you, Ali and the girls.

Tyler · Married on 07/14/2018

Naomi was everything you could ever want from an officiant, she was committed, involved, caring, charismatic and attentive to every aspect of our ceremony. She blew us away with the depth and love she incorporated into the ceremony, she really and truly cares for every one involved and makes an effort to create the perfect day.

Sent on 08/17/2018

Santa Cruz Officiant's reply:

Tyler!!!! Thank you so much for taking a moment to write this review. It means the world to me. I am so glad that I got to stand up with you and Jenelle and help you celebrate this next chapter of your grand adventure!

Derek · Married on 12/16/2017

Naomi helped Rebecca and I (Derek) articulate what we wanted for our custom ceremony. Neither of us are social butterflies; we were no doubt incredibly vague in the beginning. Naomi framed the discussion with her questionnaire, and our small, intimate wedding at the Hakone gardens proceeded beautifully, with tears (of the good sort) and laughter flowing freely.

Sent on 05/18/2018

Corinne · Married on 11/03/2017

Our experience with Naomi was wonderful. She gave us the most beautiful, centering ceremony that was all about us and our love, our families, friends and community. We were worried we wouldn't be able to find an officiant who would accommodate our wish that there was no religious or spiritual overtones, but Naomi really understood our preferences and delivered. Our wedding was in the redwoods, and she incorporated beautiful metaphors that tied the setting and environment into the ceremony. She also helped us find a non-religious ritual that involved all of our guests and gave us options to create a ring statement that fit for us. She also helped calm my partner, who was very nervous, and I know he appreciated that immensely. There wasn't a single person at the wedding who didn't comment on how romantic and lovely the ceremony was — many of our guests said it renewed or awakened their own love for their significant others. My father-in-law keeps mentioning how much he admired Naomi, and how she gave us the best ceremony he's ever seen. I highly recommend working with Naomi, and I recommend you bring her on as soon as possible to give time for her to get to know you and write you a beautiful custom ceremony. Thank you, Naomi!

Sent on 12/13/2017

Amanda · Married on 09/16/2017

Naomi created a custom ceremony for our wedding. By far, our favorite part of our wedding was the beautiful ceremony Naomi created just for us. She's lovely to work with and took the time to really get to know us, understand our relationship, and what we wanted for our ceremony. She completely captured all the things we wanted to acknowledge and truly made our day special. Our wedding would not have been the same without the magic of Naomi's ceremony!

Sent on 10/02/2017

Shannon · Married on 09/09/2017

Naomi was phenomenal. It only took a few conversations for her to know us to a tee. She tailored our ceremony to fit us perfectly. We absolutely love her and would recommend her in a heartbeat!

Sent on 09/19/2017

Santa Cruz Officiant's reply:

Thanks so much Shannon. It was an absolute honor!

Chris · Married on 09/09/2017

Naomi was absolutely perfect. She took time to get to know us, tailored a custom ceremony that incorporated everything we stand for as individuals and as a couple. Her delivery was impeccable. We received wonderful feedback about her throughout the day. Her calm yet charismatic personality allowed the spirit of our wedding to touch every one of us in a special and memorable way.

Sent on 09/19/2017

Santa Cruz Officiant's reply:

Thanks so much Chris! That spot was so magical, and I loved the way that you took Shannon into your arms as you made your vows to her. Thanks for showing us all what "love in action" looks and feels like!

tess · Married on 08/26/2017

Naomi helped us create the most spiritual, personalized, beautiful ceremony we could of imagined. With her guidance, and detailed questionnaire, she was able to write and tell the story of our love, before we shared our own written words. One of my favorite parts, was the ring warming ceremony which took place thanks to Naomi's suggestion. All of our family and friends passed around our bands, and were able to give them some love which we now carry on our hands! That is such a priceless gift.
    Between our in-depth Skype sessions, and questionnaires, Naomi was able to isolate things we had said that would work well in our written vows to each other, which was INCREDIBLY helpful! Day of she was centered, calm, and well spoken.
    I learned on our wedding day, that there truly are no coincidences, Naomi was meant to marry us, and we can't thank you enough for bringing us into union on our own terms!

Sent on 02/05/2018

Santa Cruz Officiant's reply:

Thank you for taking a moment to write this review! I hope you know that it was my complete and total joy to get to know you and Sean, and perform your wedding ceremony. I only ever think about that day with a huge smile on my face and in my heart!

Thomas · Married on 08/09/2017

Naomi was perfect. She focused the ceremony on us and was very relaxed and professional without being stuffy or boring. She had the perfect amount of spontaneity for our wedding and made us feel incredibly special, as if we were the focus of everything. Highly recommended, you will love her.

Sent on 09/28/2017

Santa Cruz Officiant's reply:

Thank you so much Thomas! I really appreciate it and hope that you and Windy are doing so well!

Hannah · Married on 07/08/2017

Naomi was a wonderful part of our wedding. It is difficult to put into words how much we appreciate her and how much she made our day special. Numerous family members and friends approached us following the ceremony and even until today (2 weeks after the wedding) to RAVE about how elegant, beautiful, and meaningful the ceremony was. This is due to the hard work of Naomi and her ability to get to know us as a couple and weave together a beautiful interfaith ceremony. I am forever grateful to have met Naomi and for the beautiful gift she gave us in crafting an amazing ceremony for our wedding day. I recommend her highly!

Sent on 07/23/2017

Santa Cruz Officiant's reply:

Thanks so much for taking a moment to write this review Hannah! I'm so glad that I was able to create something meaningful that you and your family and community loved so much. Thank you for trusting me to help you across the threshold of marriage. I wish you both every happiness!

Sarah · Married on 05/21/2017

Naomi was definitely a blessing to have as our officiant. I am not a traditional bride and to have her see and understand what I wanted to convey and the vibe I was going for was amazing. We definitely clicked over the phone planning and in person. Naomi gave me calming words of advice before the ceremony and I would look to her to center myself and to remember to stay in the moment. I am very grateful for that because I am a very anxious person on even a normal day. She had the most beautiful and unique words for us and I also read a special excerpt from a book to my husband. She suggested a passing/warming of the rings around for our family and friends to give us advice or what they wished for us on our journey together. I highly recommend this, because it was so lovely including my family and friends and my sweet little flower girls into this. Especially since we had a smaller more intimate wedding. It definitely felt like OUR wedding ceremony and not word for word scripted with traditional vows. Thank you Naomi for making it a wonderful and uniquely special day for us!

Sent on 09/29/2017

Santa Cruz Officiant's reply:

Thanks you Sarah! I am so happy to hear from you, and so glad that your ceremony was everything that you wanted it to be. Big hug to you and Reggie!

Tara · Married on 05/06/2017

From the moment we sat down together, I felt such a strong connection. Naomi has such a presence about her. She is honest and true, strong but gentle, and has a way of asking questions that makes you feel so comfortable telling her your life story. Naomi was my beacon of peace on the wedding day. She showed up early, officiated a beautiful ceremony, and even stayed for a while after to congratulate us and love on us. There was not a single dry eye in the audience as Naomi told our love story. I will never ever forget Naomi and the amazing gift she gave us. Ceremonies are usually overlooked, but I know ours will be forever celebrated. Thank you Naomi for giving us such an amazing gift. I cannot wait for the day you get to bless a new addition to our family!

Sent on 02/08/2018