P.O.Box 7830, Santa Cruz, CA 95061 Map · Phone number

About Barbara Boyd Ceremonies

Barbara Boyd Ceremonies is a wedding officiant service in Santa Cruz, California. Barbara Boyd will collaborate with you to create a ceremony that is unique and that speaks to you both. From honoring traditional or spiritual philosophy, to contemporary and personal she will bring warmth and humor to your special day. Barbara's warm personality and lighthearted yet meaningful words will transform your special day into a "Celebration of Love!"

Experience

Barbara Boyd was raised in an interfaith family, and spent much of her life traveling to many parts of the world where she experienced the knowledge and the traditions of other cultures. She earned her degree in Cultural Anthropology from UCSC and then became an ordained interfaith minister. Barbara has served as a non-denominational officiant since 1998, helping couples tie their lives together in meaningful and memorable ceremonies.

Barbara Boyd offers personalized ceremonies for religious, spiritual, interfaith, and secular weddings. She will bring her experience, enthusiasm, order and clarity to all of the chosen rituals and readings that are important to you. Barbara Boyd will also gift you a keepsake copy of your ceremony in a wedding book. The book will have extra blank pages to preserve your wedding day memories on one of the most important days of your loving relationship.

Follow Barbara Boyd Ceremonies on
sweet love

90 Reviews for Barbara Boyd Ceremonies

Kadi · Married on 05/22/2021

Intimate Meaningful Wedding Ceremony

Barbara officiated our outdoor wedding at the Scotts Valley Hilton in May 2021. Barbara is a truly outstanding officiant who clearly loves her role in officiating ceremonies and celebrating with the couple and their guests. She has great ideas for wedding vows, prayers, poems, rituals, yet is flexible about including our special requests. Following Barbara's recommendation to include a ritual in the service, we chose to have a celtic hand fasting ritual near the end of the service with our 5 children participating in "tying the knot."
    Barbara's calm presence made the day go so smoothly. She also gifted us with a book that contains the written content of our ceremony, so we will always have it to treasure and remember our wedding day. We highly recommend her.

Sent on 06/08/2021

Barbara Boyd Ceremonies's reply:

Kadi, Thank you so much for writing your heartfelt and meaningful review of my services. It truly was a pleasure co-creating your loving ceremony. I wish you Grace and Beauty as the two of you weave your lives together as Husband and Wife. All the Best...
  • Jfrette

J · Married on 12/06/2020

Barbara Boyd is just one of those people who has great energy -- a wonderful aura. My husband and I could tell by talking with her via email that she would be a great fit for us, which was confirmed when we interviewed her as a candidate officiant for our wedding. Her manner was so calm, serene, patient and professional, working with her thenceforth was an instant no-brainer for us.

Having chosen Barbara, we found her to be incredibly attentive, responsive, and supportive during our year of wedding planning -- during which time she always gave us patient thoughtful feedback whenever I had any questions pertaining our ceremony or even unrelated wedding topics. Moreover, she was very flexible with our vision and submitted to my nearly obsessive revisions of our ceremony (as a writer, I can often get picky with my editing!).

To compound her supportive presence, Barbara helped keep us on track as the big day approached, and made our ceremony that much cooler by including our self-written vows in her book -- an item that later became ours as a keepsake -- thereby eliminating the need for me to scrawl them on a piece of paper to read during the wedding.

On the wedding day itself, she performed beautifully and did a wonderful job organizing our group and leading the way. Having accepted my invitation to stay for the reception ahead of time, she was also a wonderful addition to the party -- akin to a longtime friend.

For those of you searching for someone who has an intimate presence, an articulate voice, a kind heart, and a quiet strength to preside over your union, Barbara Boyd is the one for you.

On a more secular note, she is affordable, can accommodate any religion or non-religion, and often travels to perform her services and is thus not restricted to the Santa Cruz area :-D

Sent on 11/01/2011

Barbara Boyd Ceremonies's reply:

I truly blush when I read your loving words. Thank you for taking the time to write your thoughts about how together we created your special moment. It truly was a day to remember as you worked so beautifully to make it all happen and for it to happen just the way you wanted. Love and light to you both and your wonderful family.

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner
WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Barbara Boyd Ceremonies FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding services?
    $ 450
  • What types of weddings and events do you provide services for?
    Non-religious
    Interfaith
    Ceremony Rehearsal
    Vow Renewal
    Civil Union
    Single Religion
  • What religious affiliations do you serve?
    Agnostic
    Jewish
    No Denomination
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate?
    Less than 30 mins.
  • In which states are you licensed?
    CA
  • What languages do you speak?
    English
    Spanish

• Duke and Pearl Weddings Wedding Planners

I cannot say enough about Barbara's warmth and true interest and connection she has with every person she meets. The wedding ceremonies that she creates with each couple are beautiful, creative, meaningful and so very lovely!

• Music Now DJs Wedding DJs

We have worked with Barbara Boyd for many years. It's very comforting to know when we will be doing a wedding together. She's very professional and personable. Love Barbara Boyd!

• Expressive Photographics Wedding Photographers

Barbara is a true Master of Ceremonies. Very experienced, professional and articulate, bringing a heartfelt presence to every wedding. I recommend her as a top-tier choice, for nuptials and special ceremonies!

• P.O.Box 7830 Santa Cruz, California, 95061 See on map
    831-216-5246 (Phone number)
    Location of (Barbara Boyd Ceremonies)