18 Reviews for Makeup Logic

2.4

VERY DISAPPOINTED ON MY WEDDING DAY, despite amazing trial!
Kelly & Vetty (who did hair) both arrived late on my wedding day, leaving seven bridesmaids hair and makeup as well as the bride and MOM's to be done in 2 hours! Kelly was a tad late but by the time she was set up and ready to start 45 minutes late. This left her RUSHED and did not style my hair like the trial. It was sloppy, not nearly as intricate, and was FALLING DOWN during my ceremony/reception. I wish this allowed photo uploads so that I could show my trial hair and actual wedding day hair. She also did not secure my veil well Vetty showed up almost 2 HOURS LATE! (citing power went out, highly doubt this as she showed up with perfect hair and makeup herself...why would u do this to a bride knowing you are hours late, wouldn't u rush out of bed and get there on time?) Upon arriving 2 hrs late, she did not even apologize, just offered excuse. My makeup looked AMAZING for trial but was splotchy and looked pasty white like a ghost in my photographs. VERY disappointing. Makes me cry whenever I think about it. On top of all of this.. during the whole morning Kelly and Vetty complained about other brides and bad reviews saying the brides are just unreasonable, etc, as well as badmouthing other companies. Highly unprofessional. I feel like Kelly knew I was upset, but just was trying to make a point if I complained, I was being unreasonable. Everything would have been fine if Kelly and Vetty had not been soo rushed due to their lateness. Kelly did everyone's makeup and hair including mine in the same amount of time as my trial run and it was very evident in the end results.
Do yourself a favor and book someone else that doesn't have a track record of being late.. it caused me, the bride, a lot of stress that morning, when I should of been having fun with my bridesmaids and not worrying about being late to chapel or unhappy with my results, and NO TIME for Kelly to try and fix it. So sad.

Profile Picture Kelly, 6/1/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Kelly was awesome! She was personable and professional. She never really felt like a stranger performing a service. She fit right in with the rest of the ladies. She made me, my bridesmaids, my mom, and my MIL the way we each wanted to look based on our personalities and comfort level. I would highly recommend her for any occassion.

Profile Picture Erica , 8/11/12, 8 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Kelly was AMAZING!! I looked and felt like a princess!! Thanks Kelly for expertise and making me look like a movie star!!! :)

Profile Picture Mari, 9/24/11, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Vetty and Jackie did an amazing job on me, my 4 bridesmaids and my mom!! Everyone's hair and makeup looked so beautiful! I loved that everyone got to feel pampered on our wedding day.

The company is owned by Kelly, but she was booked for my day (she did my hair for my friend's wedding which is how I met her) so my trial and day of was done by Vetty. I love Vetty, she is just so sweet! Jackie did the makeup for all of the girls, while Vetty knocked out 6 up dos and my airbrush makeup in no time. They were on time and finished on time for our pictures.

Profile Picture Lauren, 4/23/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

One of my main wishes for my daughter's wedding was an afternoon of fun and beauty for the bride, bridesmaids, and mothers and Kelli delivered in every way. She was fun, professional, and an expert in what she did. We also used her for spray tanning the day before the wedding and it was all done perfectly.

All of the girls looked and felt beautiful for the wedding. She really did make my daughter's dream of being truly beautiful for her wedding come true.

Profile Picture Sandy, 3/12/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Kelly Schira did an amazing job with my wedding day and bridal portrait make up. We was very friendly, relaxed and easy going, which was very helpful on the wedding day with those wedding day jitters! I wanted my make up to look natural and not like I was wearing a whole lot of make up or have the "caked-on" look. The way Kelly achieved this look for me and still making sure that my make up would remain fresh and flawless throughout the night was the use of airbrushing. This also helped make my face feel light and weightless. One of my bridesmaids liked my make up so much that she used Kelly 6 months later for her wedding and all of us bridesmaids got to have our eyes, cheeks and lips made up by Kelly and her assistant. This is another great package for a bride to purchase for her attendants as it still makes your girls feel just as beautiful and "made up" as the bride and it is cost affective as well. All you do is have your maids apply their own foundation and then Kelly and her team take over with applying color to their eyes, cheeks and lips at a discounted price from the regular full make up application cost. I love Kelly and her work and would use her again in a heartbeat!

Profile Picture Terrell , 12/31/10, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Kelly did a wonderful job!! She did my trial run, bridal, rehearsal dinner, and wedding. Each time she came to my location. We tried several different looks and she was integral in helping me decide on the final plan. She used the clip in hair extensions I purchased and made them look seamless. I had my heart set on using them and she just made them look fabulous. For the wedding she did my mom and all my bridesmaids. They all looked gorgeous! Even better than they did for their own weddings! The makeup lasted all day in the August heat. It was perfect.

Kelly made the whole process so fun and exciting. I would highly recommend Makeup Logic for a wedding or any special occasion. I had a ball!

Profile Picture Liza, 8/15/09, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Kelly did a wonderful job on my hair for my wedding day and I would highly recommend her services to any bride!!!

Profile Picture Tisha, 6/27/09, 1 Review
0.0

LIES LIES LIES... WHAT A BIG MISTAKE GOING TO KELLY!!!

- I'm not a PLUS size! How can you say that?! How rude! My size has nothing to do with how Kelly left my arms. Spotted!
- My skin is not heavily blemished, I had 2 blemishes for Engagement session and for Bridal session my face was clear (especially Wedding Day)!
The airbrush makeup does not cover birthmarks, under eye circles, freckles, blemishes, and etc...(Basically, it does not cover anything).
- Kelly did get upset when I told her I didn't like the hair, the redo looked the same. My hair didn't look like the picture; it looked like a log on my head.
- Wedding day, my mom was in the room, not wrangling everywhere, my mom had to get up so Kelly could setup. Also, my hair did not hold up through out the day and night, you can see it in the pics and video.
- No one was running late, the only one running late was Kelly. Causing me to be late to the ceremony!
________________________________________________________________
I regret not getting a Trail Run before booking Makeup Logic; it would have saved me lots of money.

~Engagement photos~
The airbrush makeup didn't cover up anything. I did have some blemishes, but she made them look like dark spots. I had to redo my makeup in the car.

~Bridal Portrait~
Again, the airbrush makeup didn't cover anything and I had to redo my makeup. I didn't like the hair-do the 1st time, she did redo my hair, but got upset. I still hated the hair-do the 2nd time, but I didn't say anything, because I had to go. Kelly also tried blending in my tan lines on my arms, but left me with spotted dark arms and pale shoulders (looked terrible). The photographer noticed my arms when I put on my dress and said OMG, I'll do my best to touch up your pics. Well he couldn't touch up the pics and my Bridal Shoot was ruined.

~Wedding Day~
I decided to do my own makeup on my wedding day; I didn't want my wedding pics ruined. Kelly got there 30 minutes late. She did do my hair, it was ok, but I didn't love it. She also did the hair and makeup for MOB and MOH (MOM didn't like her makeup and MOH was ok with it).

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture User402945, 2+ years ago, 29 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

She met with me early in the morning to work around my schedule on numerous occasions. She was awesome and I would recommend her to ANYONE!

Profile Picture Kelli, 5/2/09, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Kelly came to the hotel at which we were staying 2 months ahead of the wedding to do make-up for Bridal photos as well as to the church the day of the wedding to do the bride, Mother of Bride, Mother of Groom, and 7 others in the bridal party. She is totally flexible about time, wonderful personality to work with jittery folks, professional in her manner, and the results were stunning. She had an assistant the day of the wedding and they worked seamlessly to get us all ready. Prices were done in a package that made it affordable for all.
I told her that I felt she made the world a more beautiful place one bridal party at a time!

Profile Picture Marilyn, 2/7/09, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Kelly did a fantastic job. Even though we had lots of folks to do, she got everyone done on time. It really makes a difference to have your hair and make-up done, especially for the photos. I reallly appreciated that Kelly was able to do both hair and make-up.

Profile Picture Silky, 10/25/08, 4 Reviews
3.9

Kelly arrived late to the trial run and wedding day, but she got everything done in time! She does a phenomenal job on make up and hair and is willing to keep trying until you are completely satisfied. The airbrush make up is TOTALLY worth the cost, although the next day I had a small rash.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Erica, 10/24/08, 6 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Kelly was great and I would definitely recommend her to anyone!

Profile Picture Amy, 6/28/08, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I had such a great experience with Kelly on my wedding day. She was very professional and so easy to work with. She was flexible with the date when we had to cancel my bridal portrait due to bad weather. Kelly made my makeup look flawless and I'm usually very picky about someone else doing my makeup. I have never felt more beautiful and the main reason is because of my hair and makeup done by Kelly. I would highly recommend Makeup Logic for your hair/makeup needs!

Profile Picture Hayley, 6/21/08, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Everyone looked so beautiful! They did a wonderful job on both hair and makeup. The great part was that they traveled to our hotel room and we all got ready together. It was a perfect day!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 5/17/08, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Everyone wants to be the most beautiful version of themselves on their wedding day! Kelly is truly an artist. My experience working with her was wonderful. I got her name from my sister in law who used her for hair and makup on her wedding day. I had a trial run of my hair and makeup done about a month before the wedding. Kelly had me over to her house to do it and made it a very comfortable experience. She came to my home on the wedding day to work on my mom and sister as well. It was so convenient to have her come right to us! She really understands how brides want to appear on their special day. She asked questions about colors, listened to my needs and concerns, and the result was perfect. I promise you will feel your most beautiful when she is done!

Profile Picture Emily, 3/16/08, 7 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Kelly was fabulous - I was referred to her and since then have referred many of my friends to her and will continue to do so!

Profile Picture Nicole, 3/15/08, 1 Review