Kari Kochar Photography Reviews

24 | Pasadena, CA

24 Reviews for Kari Kochar Photography

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

hope · Married on 07/28/2012

Kari Kochar is an amazing photograher, a true artist capturing the personality and the feel of the event she is covering. Kari photographed my daughter's wedding on 7/28/12. She is a true professional. She has a very calm demeanor even while things are a little "crazy" around her. She has a great eye for detail. Kari is very flexible while maintaining a "photograhic schedule". Her pricing is very reasonable for the service you receive, with many options and ability to add as needed. We could not be happier with the service we received. Needless to say her photographs mirror her artistic eye and attention to detail. With so many photographers, with a huge range of packages, choosing a photographer can be overwhelming. We booked Kari the same day we met with her. We could not be happier with our decision!!!

• Erin

Erin · Married on 06/30/2011

We had great time having Kari as our photographer. She's very professional and her work is beautiful. She is really easy to work with, we felt really comfortable getting our photos taken by her. We are those people who don't really feel comfortable getting our photos taken, but Kari and her other photographer made it feel easy and fun.
    We got our photos only few weeks after our wedding and they were wonderful. We wish we had the time to get an engagement photo with her, but since we don't live in LA area, it is hard so we didn't get one. I would recommend people to get it done with the photographer you are hiring for your wedding day, that way she knows what angle looks good on you and what your personality's like. Kari did a great job even without the engagement session with us. I can only imagine it would've been more beautiful if we have had an engagement session.

Danika · Married on 05/21/2011

I could not have asked for a better photographer! Kari and her partner were nothing but professional. They were easy to work with and captured some amazing moments from our special day, that we love to look at every day.

Genevieve · Married on 04/17/2011

Kari Kochar shot our wedding in April, 2011 and also did an engagement shoot for us.

I am beyond happy with both her service, her personality, and of course the photos! My fiance and I both attended film school and thus were extremely picky in regards to the quality of the photos. Kari has an amazing gift for composition and especially *lighting.* On showing my hair/make up artist the photos, they remarked that many of the portraits looked like they had been taken out of a high fashion magazine.

It was very important to me to have nice photos as I am not normally photogenic and wanted to have something I could show my grandchildren some day and with Kari I definitely got what I wanted. I highly recommend her to anyone looking for a photographer, wedding or otherwise.

Tanya · Married on 11/06/2010

Kari is extremely fun and easy to work with. She is a true artist, trained professionally in photography. Kari is organized and very thorough. For a photographer with her level of expertise she is very modest and down to earth. She has an ability to focus on so many aspects of getting great shots including lighting and settings. My family and friends loved her too. My family said they loved the way she was honest and helped to coach us to relax and not look so nervous and tense! Throughout the night I felt like I did not even see Kari, then sure enough when I saw the pictures I was amazed at how she caught every important moment without being obtrusive. We are huge fans of Kari and will continue to use her for other occasions as well!

Jamie · Married on 10/16/2010

Kari has a great eye for composition and color. Not only does she get the shot, she gets interesting shots. She does a great job of working with you to see where she can fit in with your schedule. We looked at many photographers and none compared to Kari!

Andrea · Married on 10/10/2010

Kari was wonderful to work with. She provided us with a template for requesting specific photographs which was very helpful. She took pictures so unobtrusively that I wasn't even aware they were being taken. The pictures themselves are so beautiful, luminous and clear. The black and white pictures, especially the candids, have a photo-journalistic quality. The posed pictures are suited to publication in a magazine - in fact, that's the comment most people have made about them! Kari herself is charming, fun - and very focused. All in all, we consider these pictures to be money well spent in budgeting our wedding. I'm delighted.

Robert · Married on 10/10/2010

Kari was great to work with from the beginng. She was friendly and listened to our needs. She made us feel like people not just another customer. Kari took so many great shots at our wedding. Thanks to Kari!!

Jonathan · Married on 05/15/2010

Kari was great and I would be happy to recommend her to anyone. She was very easy to work with and performed with professionalism - both in personality and quality of product. She captured great moments at our engagement session, wedding day pics, the ceremony and reception.

Pinyu · Married on 04/03/2010

If you are looking for a photographer that captures great candid moments as well as fantastic lighting, then Kari is the photographer for you. She was very professional and well organized during our engagement session and wedding event. She was very patient and understood what I wanted for our wedding pictures. I would highly recommend Kari Kochar for any type of important functions. I know I'll be knocking on her door when I'm pregnant. (She does amazing pregnancy shots too.)

Tiffany · Married on 09/20/2009

As a wedding photographer myself I know quality when I see it. I hired Kari to shoot my wedding and she did an amazing job! I love my wedding images and highly recommend her to anyone.

Reese · Married on 09/18/2009

Kari was so easy to work with! My husband and I, as well as our bridal party felt very comfortable working with her and her team. The photographs from both our engagement session and wedding turned out amazing! Kari captured very special moments that we are now able to reflect upon, thanks to her unique style and professionalism. Kari is an expert in her field. We highly recommend her and would most definitely use her services again!

Jennifer · Married on 07/18/2009

Kari was referred to us by friends and we couldn't have been happier with our photos- very beautiful and artistic! She was personable, professional (her assistant was great, too), and easy to work with throughout the entire process - from the engagement photo shoot to our finished wedding album. One of the things that I liked best about her is that she seemed to strike the right balance between being there and giving us instructions with the posed pictures, and then quietly working the rest of the day getting great candids and detail shots. I highly recommend using her!

Andrea · Married on 06/20/2009

Selecting Kari as our wedding photographer was a fantastic decision. She delivered a great product, was not only professional but enjoyable to be around, and proved to be a terrific value based upon the quality of our pictures and the amount of time that she provided. Would highly recommend either for a local wedding or a destination wedding (which was the case for us).

Molly · Married on 05/09/2009

Kari Kochar Photography did an amzing job on our big day. They captured the most amazing photos. Kari is organzied and knew exactly what/who we wanted photos of well before our actual day so there was no time wasted during that short period between our ceremony and the reception. Her follow through and quality of work after our wedding was efficient and she stuck to her time frames.

Stacey · Married on 03/08/2008

Kari was one of my favorite wedding vendors to work with- I don't even know where to begin with my review. She is very easy to get a long with and she had such a calming presence (she was able to make me laugh and relax), and I think that's partly why I was so happy with my photos. Kari and her assistant photographer did a great job capturing candid moments- everyone looks so relaxed and happy (even though there were some stressful moments in our day). We also did our engagement photos with Kari and I ended up doing an album of the photos since they were amazing! I really loved all the detail shots, too- they were incredibly beautiful and artistic, which was so great, since the wedding went by so fast- it's nice to have such beautifully captured images of all the details that I worked to hard to put together. I would highly recommend her to anyone!

Anne Marie · Married on 08/18/2007

Pictures are such an important part of the wedding day so my fiance (now husband) and I wanted the perfect photographer to capture the memories. We interviewed three photographers and decided on Kari because she is highly professional, very creative, easy to get along with, reasonably priced and very flexible. It turned out to be the BEST decision! Kari was SO easy to work with, listened to all of our ideas and requests, always showed up on time for our meetings, replied to e-mails / phone calls in a very timely manner and was just always a pleasure to be around. She really knows her stuff and does her homework on sites so she can recommend the perfect spots / settings for photos. We did our engagement session with her as well and both those photos as well as the wedding day pictures were just amazing! She does a great job of capturing the day and taking creative shots as well as all the usual photos that everyone wants. We also did albums from both and they turned out perfect! I wouldn't have changed a thing and can't express enough how happy we were with Kari!

We would definitely use her again!

Allison · Married on 05/26/2007

Choosing the right photographer to capture our special day was of utmost importance to us during our wedding planning process. We wanted someone who was highly skilled, experienced, hardworking, artistic, creative, and reasonably priced. Most importantly, we wanted someone who was focused but also easy to work with and receptive to our requests. Thankfully we found all of these qualities in Kari! She was extremely professional yet personable and allowed us to communicate our vision while also providing helpful advice and suggestions. With our particular package, we especially liked that her second photographer/assistant was actually another full-fledged professional photographer with their own studio. On the wedding day, Kari was punctual and friendly to all of our bridal party/family/relatives. She also found the just right balance between making sure that she got all of our requested shots and respecting unplanned photo requests by my mom. Many of my relatives were very impressed by Kari and several commented to me afterwards that they don't think she even sat down for a minute to eat because she was always up and ready to make sure that every important moment was captured. We just received our photo albums a few weeks ago and they came out absolutely gorgeous. We were impressed not only by the photos but also by how they were laid out in the album and how they really re-told the story of our wedding day through the images themselves. Since then, we have recommended her numerous times to other engaged friends!

Alexandra · Married on 06/05/2012

We couldn't possibly be more happy with our wedding photos!

stephanie · Married on 05/01/2010

Kari is very punctual. When I first emailed her she emailed me right back and she was even out of the country! This was so helpful when trying to plan my wedding because I was stressed! Also, she is very flexible. She makes an effort to know what kind of photography you want and adapts the style to your wedding. Instead of just assuming she is the professional and not asking your input. She's like the hairstylist who cuts your hair the you want and not the way she would cut her own hair!! Those are the worst haircuts :) ... For a bride this is so important!! I loved the pictures! And the money was the best price for the best package we found on the market. Go with Kari!!!

Jennifer · Married on 04/04/2010

We hired Kari Kochar for our wedding, April 4, 2009. In the package we choose, it included engagement and 8-10 hrs. of wedding pre-ceremony/ceremony/reception photos. Our wedding ceremony and reception was at the Historic Mission Inn Hotel & Spa, in Riverside. Both my husband and I fell in LOVE with hotel; due to the amazing architecture and old Spanish mission style...it was a very romantic setting for our special day! With that being said, we HAD to have a GREAT photographer, that would be able to capture the beauty of the hotel and our event is such a special way, that it would be timeless.

Kari was able to see our vision and work with the elements we desired to come through the still shots. The price for our photo package was high, for us, but we managed the cost because we really wanted to trust the photographer we choose for our day. Kari did an awesome job with our engagement shoot, and we used a few of those photos for our “Save-the-date” and wedding invite. For the wedding, Kari helped me pre-organize the “must have” shots and assisted with timeline for the day. We explained the most important piece to the wedding day, was for us to have fun and enjoy the event with our friends and family. Kari assisted with this request, by having my husband and I, as well as our bridal party and family shots, do photos before ceremony and reception. Kari, discussed with us, the pros of doing this, so there is more time for different shots during cocktail hour. With further discussion with my husband and myself, and the comfort of trusting Kari, we agreed. We also requested that, she do her best for the most shots, so we could join cocktail hour with our friends and family. This is was the by far the best decision for us, because we joined the cocktail hour, it gave more time for friends and family photos on their own personal cameras and congrats by them as well. Which in turn freed up the time normally spent during the dinner and reception, to meet and greet guest, this gave my husband and I the opportunity to sit back and enjoy all the festivities of the joyous fun day! All which were captured in Kari’s photos.

Kari was fast in uploaded and processing our photo gallery for us and others to see. She even processed a requested “Thank You” wedding photo, for our “thank you” cards, within a few weeks after the wedding. The website was easy to use, and choose from all the photos a certain amount for our wedding album. Within a few months we got 700-800 printed photos; and a few months after that are awesome hard paged wedding album. We love our album and so does every one of our close friends and family that have viewed it. The quality of the photos, the direction of the photo sessions, the professionalism of the photographer/s, and the prompt service to provide photos, gallery, and album in a timely manner were all worth the cost. Not to mention Kari, gave us rights to our photos, which allowed us to be creative and make more personal items for our wedding, pre and post! All our family and friends seemed to enjoy this as well, as us.

TH · Married on 09/04/2011

Kari was wonderful to work with. She is very professional and responsive throughout the process. She let us customize the package, and while she was on the higher end of photographers we considered, we went with her because we preferred her very clean, natural looking photography (many of the cheaper ones we considered highly photo-shopped or stylized thier photos).

Kari's choice of assistant was also very good, and we enjoyed working with both of them on the day. I was particularly impressed with Kari's awareness of lighting situations. She would move us just of a little bit this way or that to improve the light, and the photos show it --- she is really good at portraiture.

If you like a clean, natural photography style, she's an excellent choice!

Tina · Married on 03/14/2009

3.5

Kari is very likable and is easy to work with. We were told "don't skimp on photography on your wedding day," and Kari is definitely on the higher end of the spectrum, but our pictures are forever and the cost was worth it. Photographers have so much stress on the wedding day, and Kari deals with everything (and everyone) so well. We were disappointed she wore a white shirt, and didn't really dress up (the white top is very noticable in our wedding video!) but other than that, she did a very good job. She kept things moving along during our formal photos before the ceremony, and got a lot of great shots during the ceremony and reception. She has a very good eye. I highly recommend doing the second photographer option: he/she can get side-shots and candids while the main photographer is doing her thing -- definitely a great idea for any wedding.

Rebecca · Married on 08/27/2006

3.5

Kari is very professional, kind and works with you throughout the entire process. She is understanding and will work to ensure you receive the photography you're hoping for and exceeds expectations. At most weddings, photographers are obstacles, obstructing views etc. With Kari and her assistants, we did not even notice her and the shots were stunning.