JR Magat Photography Reviews

27 | Royal Oak, MI

27 Reviews for JR Magat Photography

E. · Married on 07/23/2011

JR was very helpful and worked with our ideas. The pictures turned out great! I'm very glad we chose him!

Sent on 07/17/2012

Ashley · Married on 08/15/2015

2.0
      0.0
      1.0

I would not recommend JR as a wedding photographer. After waiting 4 months for my pictures, I am sad and disappointed. My experience with this photographer is that he wasn't attentive to the brides needs, he didn't communicate via email in an efficient manner on many occasions, he provided poor customer service and he broke his contract. In regards to my needs on my wedding day, I would expect any photographer to take control and have some sort of direction, but he didn't. As a bride, you want photo's for memories, but unfortunately, I barely have any photos of my side of the family from beginning to end on our wedding day. JR primarily took photos of my husband and I, and focused on my husband's side of the family, which is unacceptable since our wedding was small and intimate. He also does not appear to be creative editing or does not edit at all. In regards to him breaking his contract, his contract states that we would receive our edited photos within 90 days after our wedding, but after a couple emails from me, we finally received them 127 days later after our wedding. Although JR captured several special moments in his photographs, they do not encompass all the opportunities he should have provided as a professional wedding photographer. For any bride, you want or hope to have a great experience with the vendors you choose for your wedding day. My only regret is choosing JR since many of the special moments caught in photographs cannot be recaptured.

Sent on 12/28/2015

JR Magat Photography's reply:

Ashley, sorry to hear that you were unhappy with my services for your wedding day. First of all, there is no excuse for my late delivery of your photos, so I apologize for that & will work on my communication with current/future clients.

As for the photos & some comments you made, I want to address that I do in fact edit & retouch every single image delivered; the photos I delivered were edited just the same as work I post on my website/blog. My editing style is subtle where I do not apply heavy 'filters', but there is a lot of work required on that end - I do not want others to be misguided in thinking I do not post process/edit my work.

I was personally happy with the final product delivered & would have been happy to blog photos from the wedding to showcase it, but there was obviously some miscommunication on what was expected versus delivered; you are correct where I focus on the couple & then feed off of content (details, emotions) as I see it. I do appreciate your honesty and I will take it to learn & improve my customer service in the future.