Storytellers Photo Studio

Detroit, MI View map Visit website
4.9 out of 5 rating
$2,900 Most Popular Price

$2,900 Most Popular Price

Based out of Detroit, Michigan, we're the Storytellers - Jae, Olivia, and Courtney

As Storytellers Photo Studio, It’s our passion to capture photos that will tell your stories on your wedding day - stories about you the bride and groom, your family, your friends, and how all looked, how all felt, how much you loved each other and still do, and why you loved each other and always will.

Our photos are timeless, harmonizing, and most importantly, storytelling. Our pictures never feel forced nor disconnected; we harmonize nature and classy structures. The beautiful greenery and a classic stone mansion, the stunning sunset and the high-rise skyline, a graceful bride in a vintage room... we strive to connect nature’s beauty and human creativity into a timeless style—it’s like a wedding: where two people, the bride and the groom, become one.

We deliver both in colors and in black & white for that some photos can perfectly fit in the family album or next to the parents’ or grandparents’ wedding picture in a silver frame. So when you can share your stories with your kids or grandkids, looking at the photos of generations, they may believe that some things last forever.

That’s why we do what we do: to preserve stories.

This is our mission:

We believe that we are called to preserve stories of
love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, and faithfulness

We show genuine love not only in our photos but also through our actions

We capture authentic images that will tell stories for generations to come
stories that are full of hope, stories that will last forever

"…that’s what we storytellers do.
We instill hope again, and again, and again.
"

(Quote by Tom Hanks)

What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?

$2,900

Which of the following are included in the starting price?

2nd Shooter
Add'l Hours
Digital Files

What is the price of your most popular wedding package?

$2,900

2nd Shooter
Engagement Shoot
Digital Files

What primary photographic style do you identify with?

Natural
Photojournalism
Traditional
Vintage

What photography services do you offer?

Additional Hours
Custom Graphics
Destination / Travel
Engagement Shoot
Multi. Locations
Second Shooter
Wedding Portraits

What photography items do you offer?

Albums

Message vendor

4.8 out of 5 rating

Gina R. Married on 08/13/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Picture Perfect Wedding Photos!

I cannot say enough great things about Jae, Courtney, and Olivia. I had the pleasure of booking them for both my engagement shoot & wedding and both sets of photos were absolutely breathtaking. Having two sessions, I have had experience with each of the photographers on the team and everyone is phenomenal!
    It was important to us that we book photographers my fiancé & I felt comfortable with because neither of us are used to being in front of a camera & have no idea how to pose for photos. However, you would never know by looking at our photos :) They were great at suggesting poses that turned out looking completely natural. You can just tell by the candid shots how much we really enjoyed the whole experience. Generally I hate having photos of myself, but I fell in love with each of our galleries and cannot stop looking at them. You can truly feel how happy we were that day.

My engagement shoot was in Belle Isle and I had no plan on specific locations. Courtney and Olivia came up with a plan of where we would start and end based on how the lighting progressed through the evening. We had to have had at least four different locations all within close proximity which made for a great variety of photos to choose from for our save the dates.
    For our wedding, I (yet again) had no plan on where we would take photos around Detroit. Jae and Courtney had a meeting with me as the wedding approached to discuss potential locations near my ceremony and even mapped it out so i could get a visual of where the spots were in proximity to my church. On the day of, Jae entirely handled giving the party bus driver directions and directing him so I could enjoy myself - I truly was along for the ride :) we had a group of 18 traveling to different locations for photos and Jae and Courtney were GREAT about getting the group together, posing them, etc. all while remembering everyone’s names!
    In our call, we discussed shots that we wanted/would consider “must haves”. After the day was over, I realized I forgot to ask for multiple shots. When I received my gallery, I was so happy to find that every shot I wanted and forgot to mention made its way into the gallery. There were photos of every single table of guests at my wedding (something I would never think to ask for), photos of my entire bridal party crying during my first dance with my dad (since I was only paying attention to my dad, I did not realize this was going on), and so many photos of the details of our day. The photos told so many stories that I can be reminded of for years to come.
    We were married in August (obviously peak wedding season), and still received our gallery filled with tons of photos within 30 days! This entirely exceeded our expectations.
    In addition to being phenomenal at what they do, the whole team is just a pleasure to be around. They are both professional and such fun to be around.
    They gave us exactly what we wanted - tons of timeless, elegant, breathtaking photos. I can never thank the team enough!

Storytellers Photo Studio's reply:

Thank you!!! We had SOOO MUCH fun at your wedding! Such an emotional and memorable wedding. We are thankful to have been part of your day to capture your story:)
  • Elliott
    Elliott M. Married on 08/15/2020

Best photographers ever!

Storyteller Photo Studio really was the best! The photographers were so friendly and easy to work with, not to mention great at what they do. From beginning to end, our experience with them was everything we could have hoped. Communicating with them beforehand was easy and clear. They were very flexible during the shoots. They had great ideas for what would look the best. They were very affirming. Our wedding day was a little better and less stressful because we used Storytellers. Our prints look phenomenal. They are high quality. The photo editing is perfect. Everything was quick, from responses to inquiries we had to getting the photos and prints sent to us. Everyone was happy with our interactions with them and there were no problems anywhere throughout the process. I can’t think of a way they could have been more helpful, classy, skillful or overall good as a Photo Studio.
  • illustration stars

Andrew & Chelsea
49 photos · 03/23/2019

14829 Anne Ave Detroit, MI, 48101
(864) 498-8078
Location of (Storytellers Photo Studio)

Other vendors in Detroit for your wedding