Jorg Windau Photography Reviews

34 | New York, NY

34 Reviews for Jorg Windau Photography

34 Jorg Windau Photography Reviews

Jordana · Getting married on 11/28/2027

Jorg photographed by wedding in 2004. The photos he took are ones I treasure. He captured the essence of people. My grandmother has since passed and the photos he took of her laughing are two of the most treasured memories I have of her. One of the biggest tragedies of your wedding is that can't experience everything at once. You can't watch your best friend dance, have a drink with your favorite cousin, and make small talk with your mom's boss. Jorg captured moments that I wasn't able to see at the time, but saw later. After 14 years of marriage, I am blessed to be preparing for my eldest daughter's Bat Mitzvah. I went back to Jorg to hire him again. I can't wait to see the photos he will take of this treasured event. HIRE HIM NOW. IT IS THE EASIEST DECISION YOU CAN MAKE.

Jorg Windau Photography 1
    Jorg Windau Photography 2
    Jorg Windau Photography 3
    Jorg Windau Photography 4
    Jorg Windau Photography 5

Jillian · Getting married on 06/29/2019

We are so in love with our engagement pictures! Jorg was fabulous to work with, giving us advice on the best places to shoot and being flexible with the timing of our session when the forecast called for rain. We had so many wonderful pictures to choose from we had trouble narrowing down which ones to order prints of and even more trouble choosing just one for our save the dates. When we were looking at different photographers we didn’t see anyone else that captured all the energy and originality that Jorg’s photos did (He took the most stunning photos of my fiancé throwing me in the air and spinning me around in his arms that truly capture us as a couple). We’ve gotten so many compliments already on our engagement pictures and I can’t wait to see our wedding photos next year. It’s definitely a huge stress reliever to have a photographer you can count on to bring a ton of energy/originality and who makes you look your best.

Kristin · Married on 06/10/2018

We found Jorg through our venue. All the photos we saw on their website and in their brochure that we loved was captured by Jorg. We knew we wanted to have him part of our special day. We had an engagement shoot a few months prior to the wedding and had the photo booth on the big day. He goes above and beyond! Everyone loved that the photo booth was not your typical booth and that there were so many props (which he provided). He even had a slide show going of the photos he already captured playing next to the photo booth. Everyone commented on how amazing those photos were! We just received our proofs and they are unbelievable! I do not know how we are going to pick what to put in our album. He also sent a flash drive of all the proofs and it was in the most adorable packaging and even the flash drive itself was gorgeous. Jorg provided us with amazing pictures to last a lifetime!

Jorg Windau Photography 6

Jackie · Married on 05/06/2018

Jorg and his crew were a pleasure to work with. Very professional, easy to talk to, and excellent quality work. You won’t be disappointed choosing Windau Photography for your special event!

Maria · Married on 02/18/2018

Jorg is not only incredible photographer, but in the midst of all the wedding chaos, his presence was kind and calming. His photos were wonderful and his team worked our entire wedding to capture everyone! He delivered on everything we discussed and went above and beyond- he even managed to capture the attention of my four chihuahuas (who are shy with strangers) and get them to participate in the wedding photos and fun! Jorge's personality is super fun and very creative. You can tell he loves what he does. I cannot give a higher and more confident recommendation :) Thank you!

Jorg Windau Photography 7
  • I

Ian · Married on 11/11/2017

Jorg was an absolute pleasure to work with and one of the many highlights of our wedding! He was great at communicating with us (we lived in VA and FL while planning our ceremony and reception, which took place in NY) right from the start both over the phone and through email. Every question we had before our big day was answered promptly and he worked with us on requests we had. The day of the wedding, Jorg was the enforcer who ensured that we not only got every picture we wanted, but also that every person was where they needed to be for the group shots. After the wedding, Jorg was able to get our pictures to us within about a month even though it was the busy holiday season and they were absolutely stunning! If you're looking for a top notch photographer, look no further!

Jorg Windau Photography 8
    Jorg Windau Photography 9
    Jorg Windau Photography 10

Todd · Married on 08/06/2017

Jorg Windau and his team are absolutely amazing to work with and hiring them for our wedding was one of the best decisions we’ve made. Jorg was very responsive whenever we had a question and always made time for us either by a phone call or visiting him at his studio. He took the time out to go over each step of the process and made sure we understood the aspects of our package, what services he offers, as well as upcoming photo album. He is incredibly talented and keeps the wedding on time as well as focused and has such a knack to add amazing creativity in his photos. Due to all of this our engagement/wedding photos look incredible and everyone is impressed with them! We would recommend him and his team for any wedding or for any engagement that needed a photographer! We will definitely look to use him in the future and recommend him to everyone we know.

Julie · Married on 06/23/2017

Our experience with Jorg was fantastic! He was one of the recommended vendors for our venue, and it was easy to choose him as our photographer once we met with him and saw his work! We got to know him better when he took our engagement pictures. We learned that he was creative, funny, and willing to do anything to get the perfect shot. We were so happy with our engagement photos that we ordered our wedding signing book through him, which came out beautifully. On wedding day, Jorg captured every moment. He and his assistant were professional and made everyone feel comfortable. We absolutely love all of the images from our wedding and are anxiously awaiting our album. We have already begun highly recommending Jorg to friends!

Eve · Married on 01/01/2017

Jorg was so unbelievable from the moment we started to the moment we finished. He made sure to get all the pictures/poses I had been sending him from the internet and Pinterest (there was a lot haha) and he kept me on a tight schedule without ever losing his patience. He had a great assistant with him and lots of lighting accessories to make sure each picture turned out incredible. He could make a simple wood porch like so unique or vintage or trendy depending on how he took the picture. He knew how to use architecture and gardens and trees and walls to make each picture look very glamorous and not just regular pictures. He kept us laughing and generously stayed an extra 45 minutes at the end when we extended our wedding. He would check each picture quickly in his camera and made sure to take it again if it wasn't perfect which we truly appreciated. We loved his photobooth. Each of the photobooth pictures looked so professional as well so it's like we had double the amount of pictures to choose from. We couldn't be happier. He also designed a beautiful album for us with his creativity and has tons of print options to choose from including canvases and different inks/papers for anything you want enlarged/framed. I highly recommend Jorg Windau Photo!

Jorg Windau Photography 11
    Jorg Windau Photography 16
    Jorg Windau Photography 17
    Jorg Windau Photography 18

Jared · Married on 10/08/2016

Jorg was absolutely amazing! I called him two weeks before my engagement and he was able to clear his schedule to make things happen. He even hid in Central Park to capture the most amazing photos and video of the proposal. Jorg was reasonably priced and went above and beyond to deliver all of the photos in hi-res, lo-res and even a video with music. Jorg was awesome and helped capture one of the most important events in our lives. I would recommend him to anyone in need of a talented, professional photographer who you can count on!

Adam · Married on 12/31/2015

Jorg was amazing every step of the way! As you can see on his website, his work speaks for itself -- sharp, classy and very personal! His work for us was nothing short of that, as were his professionalism, demeanor and attention to detail. I would hire Jorg again in a second -- and you should to. You'll be getting a skilled, talented, and very sweet and kind photographer, who will not only do exactly what you ask of him, but go above and beyond every step of the way, capturing the incredible moments that might have otherwise forgotten happened. Jorg was is constant communication with us every step of the way and was an overall pleasure to work with! Jorg is amazing. Book him!

Ashley · Married on 10/10/2015

Jorg and his team were incredible from day one, right through our wedding day! I was very particular about finding the right photographer, and as soon as I met Jorg I knew he was perfect. His studio is beautiful, and his passion and love for wedding photography were evident in his pride when he showed me countless wedding albums and walked me through his ideas for ours. One of my most important attributes was finding a photographer who was great with church weddings and stained glass, and his photos of those ceremonies impressed me even more. Months later he gave me invaluable advice leading up to the wedding, helping with day-of scheduling and putting my mind at ease by making my expectations realistic (portrait lists can really get out of control). He even called me 2 days before to chat about all the details and make sure he had my vision in mind, we talked for almost an hour and I felt 100% comfortable that everything would go smoothly. On the day of, he was right on time and got started immediately with our getting ready photos. He was all over the place, and absolutely loving it. Throughout the day he had high energy (11+ hours worth), was great with kids and older relatives alike, and made everyone feel comfortable and look happy in the photos. He was so funny, gracious, and did a fantastic job keeping our schedule while getting all the shots we/he wanted. At one point the groom and I were getting tired of taking photos, and he turned the camera around to show us how beautiful the last photo was to inspire us to keep going! My family and friends are still raving about his personality and professionalism, and I can't wait to see the photos!

Update 11/23: The proofs are just as incredible as I thought they would be. We are SO happy with Jorg and his work, and are looking forward to getting started on the album!

Luisa · Married on 10/24/2014

It was a wonderful experience having Jorg photograph our wedding. He was extremely professional and very easy to work with as well. He had such energy and enthusiasm. We absolutely love our wedding pictures
    and look forward to purchasing our wedding album with Jorg.

We hired Jorg on relatively short notice for our wedding ceremony. Even though this probably was a small event for him, he was flexible and accommodating. We are so glad we hired him. He did an excellent job capturing moments and faces before, during and after the ceremony.

Kate · Married on 07/12/2014

My husband and I used Windau Photography for our wedding photography and videography, and our photographs and video are absolutely beautiful and meticulously edited!

Photography was very important to me as it is one of the only tangible things left from your wedding day. Planning our wedding, I thoroughly did my research; my husband and I were on a tight budget and it was very upsetting to discover that the cost of standard wedding photography was triple to quadruple what we budgeted for. I met Jorg Windau at the LI Weddings "Bridal Extravaganza” Expo, and thought his booth showcased the most breath taking photographs and albums. I never thought I could afford Windau Photography, but Jorg worked with us to make it happen!!!

The memories from our wedding day will be always be treasured and we are so grateful to have every single moment captured through photo and video. My husband and I, and both of our families keep saying that the wedding video is more than just a video - it is a cinematic presentation! We were so grateful that the video was edited in a way to include each and every important moment because we could not possibly remember everything from our memories alone. We will forever look back on our photos and video with each other, our families, friends, and future children and grandchildren. We have so many gorgeous wedding images that we are still in the process of picking our favorites for the album. Our wedding day happened so quickly and was over before we knew it, and the photos and video will make our memories last a lifetime and more. Thank you Windau Photography and Videography!

Jennifer · Married on 06/15/2014

We hired Jorg for our June wedding after doing quite a bit of research and meeting with a few photographers we couldn't stand. Jorg had so much passion for what he does and he was so likeable from the first moment, it was an easy decision for us to have him photograph our wedding. He was also very flexible with his packages, which is a huge help when you're trying to fit into a budget and not all the items pertain to you.

The day of the wedding, Jorg showed up early and got to work before I even knew he had arrived. He remained that way the entire day. The. Entire. Day. I don't think he stopped to breathe in 8 hours. He was everywhere, and even my guests commented that everytime they'd turn around, Jorg was there capturing the moment. The photos he provided us with were gorgous, and there were more photos than we expected as well. We just finished our album selections, and I cannot wait to see how those come out!

• Arlene

Arlene · Married on 09/08/2012

WOW - WOW- WOW.... take a look at his website and you'll see what he can do.
    Thats what sold me and he was worth every penny! He worked so darn hard on our wedding day to get so many awesome shots AND we also got a Photobooth set up from him that was such a smash with all of our guests! A consummate professional- would highly recommend you using him for your wedding.

Giang-Tien · Married on 02/03/2012

Joerg Windau photography will provide you stunning classy, artistic, and energetic pictures of your wedding or any special events. Joerg is extremely talented, dedicated, hard-working and provided tons of useful suggestions of what to wear, backgrounds of wedding pictures, etc. Joerg is truly nice and delivered great group and couple pictures even in challenging lighting conditions. He listened to his customers' needs, then exceed their expectations. He is flexible to tailor his services to your budget and deliver incredible pictures. I will definitely recommend Joerg Windau photography to anyone I know. I will hire again Joerg Windau photography for any special events I will be part of.

Sara · Married on 07/03/2011

Jorg was amazing from start to finish! We were able to fit in a great engagement shoot with him before the wedding – lots of fun! He was so amazingly easy to work with the day of the wedding – he and his team showed up on time and ready to go! Jorg was so great at working with multiple locations, a wedding party of 17, and two huge families! We have so many amazing photos – we’re still trying to pick which to use in our wedding album. We didn’t have great weather the day of and needed to do some last minute location changes – but it worked out for the best! Jorg was so busy all day – I felt like he was everywhere I looked taking pictures! We are so happy with our photos and can’t wait to see the video!

Dorothee · Married on 06/25/2011

My husband and I got married in Mykonos this summer and originally we were thinking to hire someone locally but now that I look at our wedding pictures I have no regret but only nice things to say about Jorg! He is so talented and so so passionate...you can see the results and judge for yourselves!! In fact so many of our guests mentioned to us that they had never seen such beautiful pictures before. He definitely went out of his way for us and we are so thankful to him. Hope you will be as lucky as we were to get him for the big day!

Kristen · Married on 03/26/2011

Jorg is a talented and creative photographer. His pictures are both stunning and unique. Not only was he able to capture all the exciting moments of the wedding, but also the little details we would never want to forget. His personality brought out the best in everyone at the wedding. It really was a pleasure working with Jorg and we highly recommend him!

samantha · Married on 10/10/2010

The moment I saw Jorg's portfolio, I knew we had to hire him. And his great personality is an added bonus. Our albums our gorgeous, and we had the hardest time choosing images for them!
    During our reception, quite a few people commented that they could tell Jorg loves his work, and they were right! In our friends' personal photos, Jorg is often seen working in the background, camera up and smile on his face. His energy is terrific, and it translates so well through his work.

Stacy · Married on 07/19/2010

This is the second time I have used Jorg as my event photographer. He was there for my daughter's Bat Mitzvah and more recently my son's Bar Mitzvah. I cannot say enough about him! He somehow manages to be unobtrusive unlike so many other event photographers I have seen, while at the same time capturing every moment and the nuance of the moment. His photos are like no other, beautiful, thoughtful and truly capturing the spirit of the event. He is a true artist and a pleasure to work with.

Christina · Married on 10/10/2009

My husband and I have only the most positive things to say about Joerg and his company. We had a very traumatic life situation happen very suddenly right before our wedding. Joerg and his staff managed to keep us and our family smiling and happy for all of our photos and video. The pictures he took were absolutely breathtaking. We were beyond thrilled with the final shots and our album. I'm looking forward to having several of our photos turned into artwork for our home.