Janmarc Images Reviews

3 | Lombard, IL

3 Reviews for Janmarc Images

Jan Marc of JanMarcImages.com is an amazing photographer! He is not just a photographer, he is artistic and creative, telling us to pose here and there, with our bridesmaids, ushers, and family and friends. And man, we are pleased with his work. We met Jan Mark through a recommendation of a family friend. He took photos of their daughter's wedding and told us how reasonable his rates are compared to what he delivered. So we looked at his website and blog and were pleased with what we saw. We also interviewed a couple of photographers but they didn't quite make the cut. Then when Jan Marc presented his samples, we were floored. We just knew this was the guy we'll hire to take our photos. We knew that our wedding is only once in our lifetime and we better get it right. In other words, beautiful, classy and creative. And boy, did he deliver. We even asked him to do our engagement photos. Throughout our wedding experience, and all of the events leading up to that day, Jan Marc was there to capture them on camera. Jan Marc is great to work with. On my wedding day, he was all over the place but I didn't even know he was there taking all these photos. He didn't disturb the guests. He will do all he can to get a great angle, he will lie on the ground if he has to, get his shirt dirty which he didn't mind, or climb up a ladder or stairs or upper floor to get the shot. Not only are his photographs very modern and artistic, but he is so creative. He photographed our rings on top of the very unique salt and pepper shaker, it was so cute. How imaginative is that? That's the kind of creativity we're looking for. Not boring. Then when he presented us with the final photos, he even took wrinkles out of one of our guests' face, which made her very happy, and made one bridesmaid's arms and hips slimmer (with her happy permission of course). Hahaha. That was a great conversation piece among me and my BFF's.

So thank you, JanMarc, thank you Janmarcimages.com for a job well done.

Sent on 03/11/2014

Krystle · Married on 11/08/2008

Janmarc Images provides extraordinary professional photography!!! The photography work is very artistic and definitely captures the meaning and importance of special moments!!!

Sent on 04/07/2009

0.6
      1.0
      1.0

Absolute nightmare.
    My fiancee and I were visiting Chicago in July and planned on doing our engagement photo shoot while there. In April, after another photographer recommended Jan Marc and after reviewing his website, we decided to book him. In doing so we exchanged emails and were issued a contract. The contract was signed and sent back with plans for a 3 hour photo shoot at various Chicago locations. My fiancee followed up in May about adding some shots at Soldier field, he was very open and excited about the idea. Come the day of the shoot, we call him to see what time he would arrive at the hotel and guess what? He's in California. He claims we never gave him a deposit. The deposit was never mentioned once in his contact or to us prior to the day of the shoot at all. Rather than apologize and do something productive he tried to point the blame on us for not paying a deposit that he didn't even ask for. When the contract was brought up he claimed the contract was not drafted for us but a different customer so wasn't applicable. Mind you he is the one that sent us the contract in the first place. I had to convince him that this was his fault that we were in the situation we were in and that he needed to find us a replacement photographer. This conversation was at 9 am with our shoot supposed to be starting at 4. He has the gall to tell me it is not his responsibility but he would help as a 'favour'. Then, he has the nerve to call us at 2 pm to say he found someone for us. By that time we found another photographer hours before his call after we scrambled looking for someone last minute. In the end the other photographer was amazing, really personable, professional and truly the silver lining on the dark cloud of the Jan Marc experience. If I were you, I would stay as far away as possible unless you want to have him bail last minute on your special day while pointing the finger of blame in your direction.

Sent on 07/28/2013