70 Reviews for San Diego Disc Jockey - Gary Kelley

MC (4)
One Event Per Day (4)
Uplighting (4)
Do-Not-Play List (2)

From the moment we first sat down with Gary to discuss music for our wedding, my husband and I knew that Gary would offer what we were looking for in a DJ: professional quality service provided by a warm and engaging human being whose goal was to meet our unique, rather eclectic, needs. Gary listened carefully to our story and music preferences, which informed his understanding of what we had in mind for our intimate gathering. It was a collaborative musical journey, and he spared no effort in helping us along the way. On our wedding day - Thanksgiving! - Gary was a calm and reassuring presence. He intuited how best to keep the musical energy flowing seamlessly, attentively choosing songs from his and our playlists with the perfect mood or lyrics to suit the dynamics of the moment. His occasional, well-timed commentary unobtrusively guided guests - and us - over the course of the day. He even captured on video a brief snippet of guests dancing happily, while at the same time he "managed" my forceful mother with kindness and humor - no easy feat! And, by the way, he has a wonderfully sonorous voice! Gary's skills as a DJ and his generosity of spirit added much meaning, beauty, and fun to our wedding day, and for that, we are forever grateful.

Profile Picture Holly, 11/23/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Entertainer, Lighting & Decor

This past Saturday night was my 70th birthday party. We had the event in our backyard and invited about 50 people. My wife and I knew that we wanted a DJ. The age range of our guests was early 30's and up. We knew that the DJ had to be able to read the crowd and create a musical play-list that everyone would enjoy. Gary hit this one "out of the park"! The first hour, while everyone was enjoying dinner, he provided a wonderful mix of soft jazz and classic oldies. After dinner, I made an announcement that this was going to be a "dance party" and Gary got the crowd moving. Throughout the evening, he played a mix that everyone loved. I recommend Gary highly to be your DJ. Besides being a professional at his craft, he is one hell of a nice guy!!

Profile Picture Curt, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor

We could not have chosen a better wedding DJ than Gary! My husband and I are in the phase where all our friends are getting married and were hitting a wedding a month. Our wedding was the only one where everyone was on the dance floor (which was our goal!). Aside from his great playlist, Gary was very accommodating as well. Last minute, we discovered there was no outlet at the ceremony site for the amp and without skipping a beat or upcharging, he replaced it with a battery operated one. He also made us a cute video to send out to our guests as a wedding reminder AND a video of the wedding night.

Photo for San Diego Disc Jockey - Gary Kelley Review
Profile Picture Jessica, 7/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor

Gary was our DJ for our wedding last week, and we could not be happier with that choice. He was recommended by our photographer and coordinator, and he was a perfect match for our sensibilities. My goal was “elegant and fun” and Gary brought a very professional, broadcast emcee quality to the event without creating any sense of the event being stuffy or too formal.

He provided sound for the ceremony, as well as DJing the reception, and his music choices kept everyone moving all night. He easily mixed older stuff (Motown, Beatles) with more current music, so there truly was something for everyone. He has been doing this for a long time, and it shows in how comfortable he is in adapting his approach to fit the audience and event.

He also shot some video of the highlights with his iPhone to compile into a montage that he sent within a couple of days. It was so nice to have that so quickly to relieve the magic of the day! Also, my videographer had a couple of small technical glitches, and he was so generous to share the raw footage for her to fill in the gaps.

I can’t say enough about how great Gary was to work with!! I would happily recommend him for any event to add that professional but still entertaining touch!

Profile Picture Katherine, 4/30/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor

Book Him......Gary is very professional, funny, and he knows how to cater to a crowd.

Profile Picture William, 1/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, Lighting & Decor

Gary was recommended to us by my brother in law, and I am so happy to have him! I knew from the moment I spoke with him that he was the DJ for us. Professional, kind, and always responds immediately to any questions I have had. YOU WILL LOVE HIM!!!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 1/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor

Gary was an outstanding DJ for my wedding in January. Very professional and helpful when picking certain songs for the different events through out the night. AND made sure everyone was out dancing and having a blast! The day before the wedding he called me and we went though all the songs for the ceremony and the reception, little things like that make a big difference. He was GREAT and I highly recommend him!

Profile Picture Charlotte, 1/21/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor

BOOK EARLY! YOU WILL WANT GARY AND NO ONE ELSE! INCREDIBLE! HE IS THE ONLY CHOICE!!!!!

Profile Picture LAURA, 12/3/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Gary was amazing! I was referred to Gary from a family friend, and after talking to Gary for the first time, I knew he was the right DJ for our wedding. Gary was very responsive in all communications leading up to the event, and even checked in with us the day before the wedding for any last minute changes. He was able to meet every request we had in ceremony music, and did a fantastic job at keeping everybody on schedule throughout the reception. Not only was Gary a great DJ, he was also a fantastic emcee! Thank you Gary for making our wedding memorable!

Profile Picture Andy, 9/17/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Gary is a gem! He not only is a well versed DJ but his announcing skills are A++ - He was our DJ August 2016 at The Thursday Club and did an amazing job! I am a coordinator and my husband is a photographer, so we wouldn't trust just anyone - they had to be the best! Gary is accommodating, easy going, professional, smart, humble and just an all around terrific person. You will not be treated like just another customer but he will do everything he can to treat you like family!

Profile Picture Lara , 8/13/16, 1 Review
Services Used: MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Gary was amazing from start to finish. He provided the mics and sound for the ceremony and everyone could hear - really made it a wonderful moment as everyone felt included. He was so flexible too as he set-up in 3 separate locations and all with a positive attitude. His focus on finding music that fits the bride, groom, family and guests is top notch. He knows how to keep the momentum going throughout the reception. We will book him again for future events!

Profile Picture Donna, 8/12/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor

A true professional. Handles everything. You will not be disappointed. The absolute best. Thank you for everything Gary.

Profile Picture Kurt, 7/15/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Absolutely a pro. Super fun and got the crowd pumped. He arrived early and was super willing to help the acoustic guitar player get set up with a mic and speakers. Totally recommend his services.

Profile Picture Lynette, 7/15/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor

Gary was recommended personally, and we couldnt have been more pleased with the outcome! Gary was everything we were looking for in a DJ. His hard work the day of our ceremony was outstanding. He filled in some of those "day of events" that you cant really plan for, which was huge. He met with us beforehand to get to know our style and what we wanted which really showed he was invested in our day. He provided lighting for us as well which was one less thing we needed to worry about. We had some personal requests which he accomdated nicely. During the reception we over heard a guest state that the DJ was awesome, which is what you want! Overall I highly recommend Gary as a DJ for your wedding, seriously.

Profile Picture geoff, 6/23/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor

Gary was amazing! He checked in with us before each event began and made sure that things went smoothly. he kept our guests grooving all night and his music collection was awesome!

Profile Picture Amanda, 1/17/16, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

Full disclosure, I've known about Gary Kelley and his DJing service for years, he DJ'd at my High School a long time ago. When planning our Wedding there was no decision to make about DJs, he was the only one we considered, When I contacted him he was nothing but professional and we are really looking forward to the reception knowing he's running the party!

Profile Picture Lorali, 1/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer
Services Used: Consultation, MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Mr. Kelley was the DJ for our wedding on August 22, 2015. He was referred to us by our photographer, Darryn St. John. I loved his professionalism and how he kept the mood light and fun with the music. He has a good variety of music and I loved his music selections. He definitely had a lot of our guests dancing and the kids were having a blast! I loved how he was able to take out of the box music that we picked for our ceremony and make it work! He met with us before the wedding and it was nice to get to know him. I am sad that our wedding is over because if we could be friends with him, we would! He is that AWESOME and AMAZING! Thank you, Gary, truly deeply from the bottom of our hearts for making our day one of the best we could have ever had!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Crystal, 8/22/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

Gary was the utmost professional providing the music and coordinating some of the ongoing announcements/toasts throughout the evening. As the Father of the Bride, I had no worries on how the reception was going to flow as Gary not only gave the confidence that everything will run smoothly and any unexpected situations would be handled professionally due to his many years of experience. If you want a high level of professionalism and quality of service for one of the most important days of your life, Gary Kelley is the DJ for you. Gary, Thanks for making the late afternoon and evening memorable..

Profile Picture Scott, 8/8/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

My sister used Gary Kelley at her wedding, so when I got engaged, he was a must have for ours! He was extremely easy to work with and made sure our guests were dancing and happy. He has an insane amount of music to choose from and does a wonderful job putting it all together. Anytime I had questions regarding the music, he was quick to respond and offered great suggestions. He was extremely professional and very nice. I am very please with the services he provided and happy we were able to have him DJ our wedding. I highly recommend his services and was an absolute pleasure to work with.

Profile Picture Natasha, 8/8/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Microphones, Consultation

Gary did an outstanding job as DJ and MC for our wedding. His experience as a professional radio DJ showed in everything he did from our last minute planning to the actual event. Everything ran very smooth and everyone had a great time listening to all the classic hits we loved. I never booked a DJ before, so it was really great to find someone as easygoing and friendly as Gary to work with. His upbeat and positive nature never wavered through the few last minute music changes or even when we had to switch from an outdoor to an indoor ceremony (when does it pour rain in July in San Diego?). I'm so glad we we went with such a quality and professional person like Gary. I highly recommend him for your wedding!

Profile Picture Charles, 7/18/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor

Gary did such a great job being the DJ for our wedding. Not only did he provide a great service, he gave us a great experience. We were a bit late in getting him a list of music but he was very kind about getting everything together and done for us in time for our wedding day. I would definitely recommend him for your event!

Profile Picture Erin, 5/22/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor

Dj Gary was aweosome!! Along with being a GREAT DJ - he kept our dance floor packed- He is an awesome emcee! His speaking and announcing voice was perfect! I have been to lots of weddings where the DJ plays good music, but isn't so great at running and announcing your actual event, but Gary is great at that! He was super flexible, even when I asked him to do a special project for me super last second! He was able to get it done, and it was one of the most special moments of my wedding! Thank you Gary!!!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Jordan, 4/10/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor

I absolutely loved working with Gary. I still have my friends and family commenting on the music played at my wedding. He was very professional, kind, and I really felt he cared that my day went smoothly. I've never been married so everything was new to me and Gary really helped me out. I was on the phone with him quite a bit asking him tons of questions and I always felt he was there for me. Out of all my vendors we was by far the sweetest. Thank you Gary for helping make my day so special. You even found my dad and I's song that I thought could not be done. You will not regret it if you choose him.

Profile Picture User3585398, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Gary was amazing! Best DJ ever! He gave us all we asked for and so much more!

Profile Picture Josie, 11/22/14, 1 Review