H.L. Gross & Bro. Jewelers Reviews

18 | Garden City, NY

18 Reviews for H.L. Gross & Bro. Jewelers

Ronnie K. · Getting married on 01/12/2022

True quality in merchandise and service

Brad makes the impossible...possible. He is an incredible listener and will patiently work with you no matter what your budget is. He has earned my trust.

Sent on 03/27/2021
  • Stefanie

Stefanie M. · Married on 07/13/2019

Absolutely Incredible

H.L Gross & Bro has been absolutely wonderful! My fiancé purchased my engagement ring with H.L and they really did a beautiful job. We both went back to get my ring sized and everyone was extremely accommodating to what I needed. We also purchased my wedding band with Bruce, who has been absolutely wonderful.

Sent on 05/27/2019

Shivanie · Married on 07/13/2018

My boyfriend and I recently visted H.L. Gross to purchase both an engagement ring and wedding bands. Our experience with Christina was wonderful! She was super patient and helpful. She explained everything from how a diamond is graded to how the ring is made. She was also my point of contact during the entire process; thus, she responded to my emails quickly and help to address all of my concerns. We loved our rings and would definitely be going back there in the future for other jewelry purchases. Thank you so much for all your help Christina!

Sent on 01/01/2018

Christina · Married on 07/08/2017

My now husband and I purchased our wedding bands here and had a wonderful experience. The staff is very friendly and not pushy at all. My husband has a nickel allergy and can wear alternative metals or Platinum. Of course the Platinum version of the ring he liked was very expensive, and the salesperson could have easily upselled us but even he recommended the alternative metal based on its quality and the fact that it had the same look. The shop is also beautiful with a large selection and conveniently located in Garden City. Overall, we had a good experience here and would recommend!

Sent on 07/30/2017

My fiancé purchased my beautiful engagement ring from H.L. Gross and worked very closely with Bruce. Bruce was by far one of our most enjoyable parts of finding my engagement ring. He really got to know us and my style while helping us make our final decision. Bruce even reached out to us when there were trunk shows to let us know the bands we were interested in were on sale. When the time came for us to pick out our wedding bands, without batting an eyelash we went back to H.L. Gross and worked with Bruce. He again helped us pick something that is both of our styles and gave his professional opinion as well to match a unique band that complimented my engagement ring when I decided I did not want to go with the band that matched my engagement ring. . H.L. Gross also will hold onto your bands for you until before your wedding. We have recommended several of our close friends to go to H.L. Gross for their engagement rings and weddings bands too.

Sent on 02/25/2016

Received a Jeff Cooper ring using their online site Since1910.com. I am very happy with the final result!

Sent on 09/24/2015

Everyone who works here is awesome, but especially bruce.

Sent on 04/18/2014

Jessica · Married on 05/21/2015

We met with Bruce after trying MANY jewelers on Long Island who were HORRIBLE! Bruce is extremely educated in the diamond industry. He didn't get into detail but he mentioned that he has been "behind the scene" in this industry for years but the commute to the city got to him so now that's why he is now in sales. He's amazing and I cannot say enough good things about him. He has this way about him that he just tells you like it is and you totally appreciate it. The man told me I have freak fingers because I don't have knuckles and it oddly made me trust him more than any other jeweler we met with haha! I picked out a few Verragio settings but who knows when I'll get my ring! I have 120% confidence that my boyfriend is in good hands with Bruce so I am happy!

Sent on 12/12/2013

Lauren · Married on 09/05/2014

We got the best service from H.L. gross from the very beginning. My husband picked out my beautiful engagement ring here with the help of Bruce....Bruce then followed up with us via email to see how everything went. We were then invited to a wedding band sale, where I got my nails done for free, as well as yummy foods. You truly felt like you were special here. They are always there to do a ring cleaning, and so friendly. Would recommend this vendor to anyone!!!

Sent on 09/14/2014

Nancy · Married on 08/02/2014

Bruce is a true professional who helped me pick out the perfect diamond ring within my price range. He educated me about diamonds and the 3 c's I need to look out for. He explained the importance of what to hold as priority in terms of cut, clarity and color. He made my life so much easier and I would really recommend him when it comes to picking out diamonds. He does not pressure you into anything and leaves the decision upto you.

Bruce is the one to go to!

Sent on 08/15/2014

My husband purchased my Tacori engagement ring here last year. We also bought both of our matching Tacori wedding bands here. They have a very large selection, amazing customer service (we work with Bruce) and definitely create customers for life!

Sent on 07/14/2014
  • #

Ashley · Married on 05/18/2014

HL Gross has been wonderful to work with. When my fiance was shopping for my engagement ring they did not try to steer him towards a more expensive ring. They also did not try to talk him into purchasing a diamond or a natural sapphire when we had decided on a man made sapphire. I get so many compliments about my ring. We look forward to shopping with them in the years to come.

Sent on 04/22/2014

Adam · Married on 02/16/2013

The best jewelry store around. Honest, knowledgeable staff. Huge bridal selection. Brad is great, a true professional, and a pleasure to deal with! Highly recommended

Sent on 03/05/2013
  • Tara

Tara · Married on 10/15/2017

I cannot say enough good things about this vendor or my rings! I worked with Justin who was a true expert in helping me pick out my engagement ring with my fiance. He was overbooked when we went back for our wedding bands, but they made it work out. Their work is impeccable, their prices are very fair, and my fiance and I are thrilled!

Sent on 10/02/2017

Great people to deal with, not cheap, but service is incredible. They opened a new location and it is stunning.

Sent on 10/02/2013

3.0

The salesman was very pleasant to deal with and not pushy at all. They are quite pricy, but I think for the quality you get, it's worth it. We left satisfied with our purchase.

Sent on 07/09/2012

Sarah · Married on 08/06/2017

We bought our wedding rings from HL Gross after my husband (then boyfriend) had a great experience buying my engagement ring there. The service at the store is great, and there is a large selection to choose from. Their in-house servicing of rings is also excellent. At one point I noticed the setting on my engagement ring was loose and the jeweler fixed it free of charge. They lost half a star because when it was sent out for the engraving it came back incorrect and almost illegible. We referred back to the paperwork where we wrote down what to engrave and they had actually crossed it out and written something else! Thankfully they were able to send it back and have it corrected, again free of charge. When it came back the engraving still wasn't quite what we asked for - in another world I would've sent it back again but simply didn't want to deal with that. Ultimately we were lucky to have done this so far in advance. If we hadn't bought our rings so early and had the engraving completed months before our wedding it would've been a stressful scramble at the end to correct it in time. While the engraver is an outside company, the fact that HL Gross effectively endorse this company by using them is the reason we knocked off half a star.

Sent on 09/14/2017

Cristina · Married on 06/04/2017

1.4
      0.5

I would have given one star - but in the end I got my wedding bands and it's done - I do enjoy them.

However,

I deeply regret picking H.L. Gross to be the jeweler for our wedding rings. After seeing such high ratings I thought this would be a pleasant process - it certainly was not. If I could reverse time, I would have gone to another jeweler. To put a long story short - rings needed to be resized, spelled my name wrong twice, the rings didn't match, no communication, took me nearly 3 months to get my rings at last.

Never coming back again!