Gavita Flora Reviews

23 | Santa Cruz, CA

23 Reviews for Gavita Flora

Meghan · Married on 10/03/2015

Where do I even begin to praise the lovely ladies of Gavita Flora?! From the gorgeousness of their own elegantly detailed website, to their sweet, professional, and incredibly talented floral design creations, Gavita Flora will bring your dream of a fairytale wedding to life! Krista & Briana of Gavita Flora went above and beyond for my early Fall wedding in Carmel this past year, taking the time to read my endless, overly detailed notes, questions and vision, and amazingly met every wish on my list! Briana & Krista could not be more kind or proficient. Their seasoned expertise is astonishing considering their youth, which only assists in catering to the needs and dreams of today's bride! You truly could not choose more exceptional floral designers than Krista & Briana from Gavita Flora!

Sent on 01/02/2016

Gavita Flora's reply:

Thank you so very much for your wonderful review, Meghan! We're so touched! We feel very fortunate to have had the opportunity to meet and work with you - and we are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your flowers! You did an amazing job planning your wedding, and we feel honored to have been a part of such a beautiful and special day!

Natalie · Married on 08/15/2015

Krista and Briana are the cutest and most talented florists you will ever work with. They were super super detailed and organized, and made sure that they know exactly what my vision was for the wedding. They also visited the venue with me so they could make recommendations on what they think would make the wedding more beautiful and stayed completely within my budget. They also gave me some extra great advice on decoration ideas (napkin/chair colors!!). They have exceptional beauty aesthetics, and are so friendly and so professional. Their floral arrangements were extremely beautiful, and completely exceeded my expectations (even though I already have very high expectations). I was in complete awe. Flowers, in my opinion, are the most important part of the wedding, as they set the mood of the wedding. I am very very lucky to have found Krista and Briana to make my floral arrangements. They are the BEST. ever.

Sent on 11/18/2015

Gavita Flora's reply:

Natalie, thank you so much for your kind and thoughtful review! It means so much to us that you were happy with our service, and we feel lucky to have had the opportunity to work with such a sweet and lovely couple! Congratulations again to you and Arnold!! We wish you two lovebirds all the best!

When we met with Krista and Briana for the first time, we were also meeting with two other floral designers but we knew these two stood out not only because they are talented but also very eager to create the vision that we wanted. They listened to all of our ideas and incorporated them all, however large or small the idea. Unlike some floral designers we contacted, they responded very promptly. We felt that we really got the biggest bang for our buck with them. They very never pushy or judgmental of our lower end budget. We highly recommend Gavita Flora to anyone looking for floral designers with a classy yet fresh take on floral arrangements on their big day. They will totally exceed your expectations, work hard to fulfill every wish that you have and gush at you on your wedding day in their ultra-cute matching aprons.

Sent on 01/10/2016

Danielle · Married on 06/27/2015

I was truly blown away with Krista and Briana's design for our wedding... I get emotional even thinking about it. It was so amazing to see everything come together on the day of and to have it be everything I had wanted and more. After the initial proposal they worked with me and took into account all of my revisions to get it just right! It was if they literally took exactly what I had envisioned for my wedding and made it appear! I would not have been able to make this all real without their beautiful and effortless style. Furthermore they are so organized and prompt in their work- they are never any guesses with these two! I would highly recommend Gavita Flora and hope I have an excuse to work with them again in the future, I'm still dreaming about our day! Thank you Briana and Krista!

Sent on 07/30/2015

Gavita Flora's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind and touching review, Danielle! Nothing makes us happier than knowing we helped bring your vision to life! It was an absolute pleasure to work with you, and we're so grateful that you chose us to be a part of your special day!

Briana and Krista of Gavita Flora created magic for my wedding on 10/12/14 in Capitola, CA! Their work is dynamic, impeccably crafted, richly textured, sophisticated in its color use, and just spectacular in every way! After working for a florist in New York for 10+ years, I knew what I wanted for my wedding and these girls needed no more direction than a few words to describe my style and a meeting to get to know a little bit about me and my new hubby and our vision for our wedding. The Gavita ladies have a style that is unique, artsy, and non-traditional. They took my request for asymmetry in shape and color and created true beauty that left me, my hubby, and our family and friends in awe-- My bouquet and flower crown were possibly the most stunning I have ever seen! Our ceremony was held at The Wharf House Restaurant at the end of the Capitola Pier, on the upstairs, uncovered deck, which was really raw but once these girls were done installing 86 feet of eucalyptus garland with pops of brightly colored dahlias and garden roses around the bar, canopies, and ceremony arch, even the owners of the restaurant were speechless! The reception at Micahel’s on Main in Soquel was delicately adorned with clusters of antique bottles filled with anemones and dahlias along with potted herbs, and the Gavita ladies cleverly re-purposed the garland from the ceremony to decorate the rim of the cake table and banisters around the deck. Briana and Krista were a pleasure to work with, super accommodating with last minute add-ons, and delivered impeccable arrangements and service that made our day all the more perfect and special – thank you so very much!!!

Sent on 10/30/2014

Gavita Flora's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Nicole! We had an amazing time working with you to create your floral concept, and it was wonderful to see everything come together so beautifully! Congratulations to you and Micah! xo

Sobrina · Married on 09/06/2014

I had the pleasure of working with Briana and Krista for my wedding back in September this year. They were so incredibly sweet, easy to work with, creative and helpful. The first time we met was via a Skype video chat. Beforehand, they had me complete a questionnaire to better understand my taste. They used my answers to create a gallery of images for me to look through and guide our conversation about what I wanted. Then on the video chat, I told them about the vision for my big day, the color theme, flowers I like, and my budget. They had so many great ideas and quickly provided a detailed quote based on our conversation. Another thing that stood out to me is that they genuinely seemed to care about me and helping me create the wedding of my dreams.

Throughout the entire planning process, they were very responsive and I always felt they had everything in control. On the day of the event, my husband and I (and all our guests) were blown away by the florals. Gavita absolutely killed it!!! When I walked into the reception and saw all the gorgeous centerpieces, I almost couldn't believe it was m my wedding. It was just too good to be true.

I would wholeheartedly recommend Gavita for your wedding or next special event. You won't regret it!

Sent on 11/24/2014

Gavita Flora's reply:

Thank you so much, Sobrina! You did such an amazing job designing your wedding, and we had so much fun creating the floral arrangements! What a beautiful day it was!
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 08/31/2014

These flowers surpassed my expectations. They were absolutely beautiful! The owners are easy to work with and very sweet. They made planning a wedding from outside of the state I live in easy.

Sent on 09/03/2014

Gavita Flora's reply:

Thank you, Nicole! It was such a pleasure working with you, and we are so happy to hear you enjoyed your flowers!

Nancy · Married on 08/31/2014

We used Gavita Flora for my daughter's wedding last weekend. They were absolutely wonderful!Briana and Krista understood what my daughter was imagining, from the beginning, and gave us beautiful options and suggestions. They responded quickly, were so easy to work with, and are really just lovely girls who do beautiful work. The flowers they provided were exquisite. We loved all the bouquets, the table arrangements, and the flowers for the arches...both at the ceremony at Berwick Park and at the reception at the Perry House. We had so many people comment on the gorgeous flowers. My favorite of all was the huge and gorgeous wreath they made to hang from the arch at the ceremony. I would recommend Gavita Flora to anyone, and cannot say enough good things about them!

Sent on 09/05/2014

Gavita Flora's reply:

Thank you so much, Nancy! You were such a delight to work with, and we had so much fun creating the floral arrangements for your daughter's special day!

Jeff · Married on 08/02/2014

We planned our own wedding in Santa Cruz from the east coast, which posed many challenges and unexpected last minute changes. But the best decision we made along the way was to hire Gavita Floral to handle all of our floral arrangements and decorations. Not only were they able to turn our somewhat unique bohemian vision into a stunningly beautiful wedding day, but they held our hand throughout the whole process and took responsibility for far more than we had initially hoped!

Other vendors we worked with often took several days or even a week to get back to us when we had a problem or concern come up, but Gavita always responded to us within a day or so, often immediately. We felt like they really cared about making our wedding a success, which made a huge difference in enabling us to relax and feel confident that everything would work out during the planning process.

They gave us vital suggestions when we didn't know what we were doing and needed advice, and respected all of our decisions when we did have strong opinions. They went above and beyond the call of duty in creatively solving any issues that came up for us, and in the end everything turned out even more beautiful than we had imagined! Briana and Krista are truly gifted in wedding design and decor, and working with them was a wonderful experience.

Sent on 08/08/2014

Melissa · Married on 07/19/2014

Briana and Krista of Gavita Flora were absolutely wonderful to work with! From our first conversation they completely understand the vision I was going for with my wedding. They thought of every detail and made sure everything was of the best quality, while staying within my budget. They did a STUNNING job of everything! I can't say enough wonderful things about working with them and what they did for my wedding! Simply breathtaking and beautiful! I would recommend them for any event. :)

Sent on 07/29/2014

Bev · Married on 06/28/2014

These girls very recently provided the florist service to my daughter's wedding on 6/28/14. I can't say enough good things about them. They were very easy to work with. ALWAYS, very responsive to my inquiries & patient with my questions. They provided us outstanding service & always willing to assist in ideas & suggestions when asked. The day of, their floral arrangement, bouquets, etc were just FANTASTIC, exactly what my daughter envisioned. I could rate them a 10!!!! Many thanks to the girls at Gavita Flora!!!

Sent on 07/01/2014

Angel · Married on 05/24/2014

Gavita Flora delivered our dream wedding flowers! From our initial conception meeting to execution, they were professional, friendly and a joy to work with. Flowers were one of the most important parts of my wedding to me and their creations surpassed my expectations. They were abundant, luxurious yet had an organic design. They used plants & flowers that captured our beach theme perfectly! If you get the chance, use Gavita they will impress you too!

Sent on 06/01/2014

Tristen · Married on 04/04/2014

My husband and I worked with the Gavita Girls- Briana and Krista for our flower and event design for our wedding and all I can say is that these girls know what they are doing! They responded promptly and are so warm that we knew right away we wanted to work with them. Based on what I was looking for, they created a personalized, and private, pinterest board and provided great suggestions into what would look great for our wedding day. Seeing everything in person, it absolutely exceeded my expectations, I couldn't have loved my bouquet more, our tables looked amazing, everything was so just beautiful and it is all because of the hard work of Gavita Flora! I couldn't recommend them more!

Sent on 04/24/2014

Sara · Married on 10/12/2013

I booked Gavita Flora to do some fabric draping over an arbor for my wedding ceremony. Briana was so nice and very easy to work with (which is exactly what you need when planning a wedding)! The draping on the arbor came out so beautifully and added elegance to the overall look of the ceremony (and the reception since both were held at the same location). Looking at pictures from the wedding, something definitely would have been missing if it weren't for Gavita's design. They gave me exactly what I wanted and for a very reasonable price too. I definitely recommend!

Sent on 10/28/2013

Kristen · Married on 09/16/2013

I found Gavita Flora through my venue, the Perry House. I really didn't know what I wanted in terms of floral decor, but I saw a photo of the way they had decorated the arch for another wedding and I loved it. I spent a few days researching their website and Pinterest boards and called them to set up a meeting. I was planning the wedding from across the country, so we set up a phone meeting. I felt comfortable with Briana and Krista right away. I just had a few ideas about things I liked and they worked with me to create a gorgeous decor for the wedding. They created a Pinterest board for me to show me their vision and I knew I was in good hands. Throughout the planning process, they were easy to communicate and very helpful. They went above and beyond for us and created something special and beautiful.

Sent on 11/03/2013

Hollynn · Married on 08/10/2013

Briana and Krista with Gavita Flora were extremely professional, helpful, kind, and creative! They helped make my wedding day so much more beautiful than I could have ever imagined! I am so lucky to have had them supply the beautiful flowers, it was a dream come true. I am extremely impressed with everything they do, their services are highly recommended!

Sent on 10/21/2013

Natalie · Married on 06/29/2013

Let me start off by saying that we began the search for a florist as every couple does and even had several meetings and quotes for service from other local florist. For whatever reason, we could not make connection and coming to a budget that seemed fair was not materializing as we had hoped.
    Luckily for us, we stumbled on Gavita Flora’s website and we had the pleasure of getting to know Krista and Briana. From start to finish, they had an amazing ability to transform our vision into reality. We had a destination wedding, so planning arrangements might have been an issue but they were not. Gavita did everything they could to make every interaction meaningful and productive. In terms of communication, their response time was amazing! We conversed through email and occasionally in person to make changes and finalize our arrangements for the day of our wedding. We felt confident they were doing everything they could to make our wedding day special while keeping it within our budget.
    If you are looking for young, motivated and driven florist, look no further than Gavita Flora. The day of our wedding was very stressful as every wedding is and getting a sneak peak of the arrangements before the reception put me at ease. The flower arrangements were absolutely beautiful and everything I imaged for my wedding day!! They truly delivered and did everything we asked them to do and more. Please contact Gavita Flora for your floral designs. You won’t be disappointed!

Sent on 09/25/2013
  • Thanh

Thanh · Married on 05/04/2013

Gavita Flora did an amazing job for our wedding at The Perry House. I gave them my vision, colors and themes and they brought my wedding to life. They did a beautiful job and my husband and I were extremely happy and satisfied with the outcome. I'm so glad that we were able to work with Krista and Briana. These girls are amazing! I wouldn't change a thing about our flowers or decor!

Sent on 06/11/2013

Rachel · Married on 05/11/2012

Gavita Flora put together amazing flower arrangements for my wedding. Their designs are unique and creative. They perfectly matched the ambiance of my wedding.

I would highly recommend Gavita Flora to anyone. The girls are very professional and clearly put a lot of time and thought into the work for their clients - their flower arrangements looked like works of art! For my bouquet they combined light pink Peonies, green Cymbidium Orchids, Parrot Tulips and chocolate Cosmos. I had never even heard of some of those flowers and could never have come up with that combination on my own. I really appreciated their creativity and would use Gavita again. On the second time around, I would continue to give Gavita free reign to come up with their own designs. I know I can trust their vision and hard work.

Thank you again for doing such a great job!!!

Sent on 03/10/2013

Rachael · Married on 10/06/2006

The sisters at Gavita Flora made my wedding more beautiful than I could have ever imagined! Beside being extremely creative, Krista and Briana were empathetic and receptive to my ideas for my floral design. They were wonderfully sweet and easy to talk to, you can tell they genuinly care. I would reccomend Gavita Flora to anyone!

Sent on 03/02/2013

Linsen · Married on 08/23/2015

Gavita Flora really surprised us with amazing display of flowers and decorations in our wedding. They've created atmosphere exactly what we wished and it was a dream wedding for us !

I couldn't recommend them more!

Sent on 10/14/2015

Gavita Flora's reply:

Thank you so much for your review, Linsen! It was so wonderful to work with you and Ning, and we had so much fun creating your eclectic, woodland tablescapes! Congratulations to you both, and we wish you all the best!

My flowers from Gavita Flora were stunning. I absolutely loved them! I did not have an in person consultation, so they put together an online gallery for me which was extremely helpful, and were prompt when making updates to the gallery and proposals. Their flowers are expensive, but they were worth every dollar. I highly recommend their services!

Sent on 01/22/2016

Dawn · Married on 09/20/2014

Everything was amazing! Thank you so much for helping to make this such an awesome event. I'm still hearing about how much love was going around the room. The flowers were exquisite from center pieces to the ever so beautiful eucalyptus garland at the head table. I've seen some of the pictures taken by my photographer New View, Maty R., (I.e., the gazebo, and Jessica with the bridal bouquet)! Absolutely amazing! Thank you again for a job well and expertly done! Dawn Graham

Sent on 10/01/2014