Flourish Event Design Reviews

20 | Royal Oak, MI

20 Reviews for Flourish Event Design

Stephanie · Married on 07/07/2018

There are no words to describe the flowers at my wedding - Lindsay and her team are AMAZING! the flowers were everything I dreamed of and more. She is afforable, reliable, and her taste level is out of this world. I trusted her 100% with everything I asked for and was blown away when I arrived at my reception, saw my bridal bouquet, and flowers for the groomsmen. She was so sweet, kind, and easy to work with and you know you have her full attention and time during your event. A 100% must hire it was amazing!

Janae · Married on 11/15/2014

From the moment I met Lindsey, we just connected. She took my vision to a whole other level. I loved, loved everything she did with our centerpieces and our bouquets. I made a few changes last minute, she accommodated without any resistance or annoyance. Wonderful to work with!

• Diane

Diane · Married on 09/21/2013

Event Design came highly recommended from a friend of mine in the event business for my wedding and I’m so thankful for it. They were by far my favorite/easiest vendor to work with.

Let me start by saying Lindsey, the owner, is very talented. She understood exactly what I was looking for and worked within my budget to make it happen. Our venue said they’ve never seen it decorated so beautifully before. I never once felt pressured into anything I didn’t want or couldn’t afford. She was very supportive of my decisions and helped persuade the moms to support my decisions as well. I felt like their only client. They were there to provide input and give advice but really listened to me and what I wanted. It was a very easy process and completely trusted them.

My wedding was 250 miles away and they still set up a flawless design.

I wish I would have met w/ Flourish before any of my other vendors as they’re very knowledgeable of the entire wedding industry and other vendors. They can be involved as much or as little as you want them to be.

I cannot say enough good things about Flourish Event Design. If you choose to go with them – you will NOT be disappointed. I sincerely recommend them from the bottom of my heart. I have recommended them to all my friends and family. I can't wait to plan another party with them. Perhaps a baby shower? :)

Our wedding was absolutely stunning, and ran smoothly thanks to Flourish!

Laura · Married on 09/01/2012

We worked with Lindsey on our flowers, linens, chairs, and chargers. She was simply the best. Interms of pricing, availability and creative ideas, there was no one who compared. In addition, she was very trustworthy and made working with her a pleasure. Each time my mom and I left her studio with Flourish, we would be smiling and saying how much we adored her. Her ideas were great and she worked with us within our budget. Would recommend and use again for other events I have.

Rachael · Married on 06/16/2012

I worked with Flourish Event Design for my day-of coordination and also my flowers.

I knew I was going to need a day-of coordinator immediately in my planning. Honestly, this was one of the best decisions I made in the entire planning process. Melissa was the planner in charge of our wedding and she was FANTASTIC. I didn't meet her until I came into town a couple weeks before the wedding and she was so great in working with me over email and phone. Melissa was at the rehearsal even though it probably wasn't necessary, and she spent all day setting up the day of. She even hand delivered the bouquets and boutonnieres to my parents house while we were getting ready, even though I'm sure she had a million other things to do. She had a few girls on her team helping her out, and they were all just so great. Everything setup by Melissa and here team was perfect and the entire cleanup was really impressive too. I can't recommend hiring Flourish and Melissa for wedding coordination enough, she was awesome!

Now onto the flowers, linens and chivari chairs. I first met with Lindsey of Flourish just about coordination but quickly realized that she was perfect to do the flowers as well. Lindsey did a wonderful job listening to what I wanted and also made great suggestions. We only met that one time and the rest of the communication was via email. Lindsey was super responsive. I changed my mind about the type of vessel and number of arrangements a couple times and she was very easy to work with. Also she was able to get linens and chairs much cheaper than my tent rental company (Colonial). The flowers were lovely. There could have been a few more peonies in the arrangements (this may have been weather related) and the bridesmaids bouquets were a little small compared to mine. But overall everything was so beautiful!

I definitely recommend hiring Flourish!

mary · Married on 12/31/2011

I worked with Lindsey Nartker from Flourish Event Design & she did a fabulous job! She took my simple ideas and ran with them. She created beautiful centerpieces & bouquets for our wedding day. The best thing about her was that she was very down-to-earth & flexible with my limited budget. If I had a bit more money in my budget, I would've hired her for the whole process because I imagine it would've been much easier!!

Dayna · Married on 05/15/2010

Lindsay was in charge of my linens and chair covers. She found the perfect colors and materials for that "WOW" factor. We received nothing but positive compliments from our friends and family on how the room looked - One word: AMAZING!!

Rachel · Married on 04/17/2010

Lindsey designed my flowers, linens, stationary, and other various decor for my wedding ceremony and reception. From the first time I met with Lindsey, I was so impressed with her easygoing yet professional manner! She was so easy to talk to and really listened to the ideas that I had for my wedding day. If you want someone who is going to listen to what you want and bring your big day to life, you want to hire Lindsey. I can't even explain how many compliments I received on my invitations & how beautiful the reception looked! Thank you Lindsey!

amanda · Married on 07/25/2009

Lindsey is awesome!!!

Mandisa · Married on 06/27/2009

I can't say enough good things about Lindsey and her staff. She is highly professional and takes every issue in stride. Lindsey and her team ensured that my family and I were able to relax and enjoy the wedding day.

Sandra · Married on 06/27/2009

Hiring Lindsey was the best thing I could have done. As the Mother of the Bride, I was able to just sit back and totally enjoy my daughter's wedding. Thank you Lindsey!!

Jillian · Married on 02/21/2009

Lindsey was wonderful! She kept me sane those 6 months. She always had everything organized and put together. I truly could not have done it without her. I can also say that she became a friend throughout this process and I was blessed to have her assistance with my magical day!

Candice · Married on 11/28/2008

Lindsey is an outstanding coordinator. Our wedding process was smooth and Lindsey's creative ideas - which fit our budget - were amazing. The day went perfecty; Lindsey directed us, our wedding party, and our vendors with a great blend of assertiveness and friendliness. We couldn't have asked for more!

Erin · Married on 08/30/2008

Can’t say enough about Lindsey and her staff! She went above and beyond all of our expectations and was HANDS DOWN the best investment we made for our big day. From responding to my 500 emails a day to working non-stop for 15 hours on our wedding day, Lindsey went out of her way to make sure everything was perfect. Thank you so much

We used Flourish for all of the floral including a ceremony arch, linen rental and lighting for the reception. It was amazing to work with one vendor for all of these items. 2 separate deliveries were included with using all of these services, which worked wonderfully to get the boutonnieres and bouquets delivered ahead of the ceremony/reception. The former were delivered right to my hotel room on the 62nd floor! What service. But that's just the beginning... ALL OF THE FLOWERS WERE THE MOST BEAUTIFUL THINGS I'VE EVER SEEN. I spent I think 3 visits + multiple emails designing and redesigning things with Lindsey and what she ended up creating was stunning. Everything was beyond my expectations and our guests were raving about all of the decor all evening and they're still coming in. I could not be more pleased. Lindsey and her team are amazing. USE FLOURISH!

Emily · Married on 01/14/2012

Lindsey made all of our bouquets & boutonnières and they were so so pretty! We were so happy with how they all turned out. We thought it was a very reasonable price!

Sarah · Married on 06/18/2010

Lindsey and her crew were extremely professional and organized. They were helpful throughout the planning process and kept me on track during the wedding day.

2.5
      3.5

Our experience with Flourish was pretty good. The flowers were BEAUTIFUL and exactly what I was envisioning, though there were some major details that were not previously discussed that we weren't thrilled with.

• W

Anonymous · Married on 05/01/2010

0.8
      0.5
      0.5

This is not sour grapes. This is what really happened. If you want to be stressed out to the max before your wedding this is the coordinator for you.

Paying for wedding coordinating blues. Lindsey Nartker was our coordinating nightmare. We found several areas where there could have been cost savings. The prices we were able to get on our own were lower than what she was able to negotiate.

She always spent the maximum of our budget, has only been in business for 4 years and just recently upgraded to a much larger office suite. Most businesses (especially small ones) don't see profit like that in 4 years. We often wondered how that all worked for someone who only held office Tuesday-Friday 10-5.

Lindsey Nartker never inspires the bride. She doesn't have the creative edge to make a wedding represent who you are. Our wedding desires were all very reasonable, yet she often couldn't deliver or would wait until the last minute to look into our idea and then the ball would be dropped. Lindsey Nartker designed our wedding planning around her schedule. She was often out of town and we wouldn't know until after the fact when we needed her. Lindsey Nartker always wanted total control over planning yet if a task was too difficult she didn't hesitate to assign it for the bride to take care.

She always found a way to put a damper on (Debbie Downer) what we wanted. As a result we would get frustrated and end up settling for what she wanted. We often would ask ourselves "whose wedding is it anyway and who is working for who?" Her likes and dislikes always found there way into our wedding planning.

Lindsey would only refer us to her girlfriends who are young and inexperienced in wedding services and it showed in their finished product. Yet, they weren't shy in charging the rates of expert designers. And when asked for more than one vendor's estimate it would cause tension.

We would never recommend Lindsey Narker Designs to anyone.

Sent on 05/01/2010

Flourish Event Design's reply:

A negative review from this client was inevitable and it was definitely a hard lesson to learn. Having worked in the wedding industry for six years, we have built a reputation for working with the best vendors in the region. We recommend vendors that we’ve built a rapport with and who fit the client’s budget, style and personality.

We work for the bridal couple, providing each client with our professional experience. We are committed to providing the best vendors, the best design, and the best overall experience to those willing to trust us. Open and honest communication between our team and our clients is what fosters a successful planning experience.

Throughout the year, we attend several conferences to further our education. We are always available via email or phone, whether home or traveling, for all of our clients.

In addition to having client meetings each day, we are active members of two national organizations and are always meeting with new vendors to grow our network. We always work to accommodate our client’s schedules and select meeting times that are appropriate for both parties.

In this case, the client was unhappy throughout the entire planning process. She did not trust our judgement, our recommendations, or our expertise. We tried our best to accomodate all of her requests, however, she was never satisfied with the outcome.