Elite DJs Reviews

60 | Libertyville, IL

60 Reviews for Elite DJs

Alison · Married on 10/22/2017

We LOVED having Chris as our DJ. We got married in October, and it was pouring rain outside, yet that didn't stop us from having fun! Chris did a wonderful job of introducing our wedding party and playing music throughout the evening. He added a classy touch with jazz and some love classics followed by an unforgettable dance party. We didn't have alcohol at the wedding yet many people told us it was the most fun wedding they had been to, all thanks to a great DJ. Would highly recommend Chris at elite djs, he was responsive, professional, and kind.

Lauren · Married on 05/20/2017

We used Chris for our wedding in May. We wanted a dance party and that is exactly what we got. Our guests were dancing all night long.

Jessica · Married on 08/28/2016

You can't go wrong with Chris!!! He is seriously amazing. Not only is he a great DJ, but he's such an awesome guy, you will want to be his best friend :) He gave us a GREAT value for our money and we were on a tight budget paying for our wedding ourselves. He played all of the songs on my "must play" list, and none from my "do not play." He was a great MC and really got everyone going, while following our timeline of the night. Multiple people, unprompted, told me how great our DJ was. I think a lot of DJs can be cheesy or awkward, and Chris is NEITHER of those. He's high-energy, without being over the top. Trust me you can't go wrong. Thank you Chris!!!!

Ashley · Married on 06/25/2016

Words cannot express how happy we are to have known of and used Elite DJ's!! Bryan was absolutely fantastic for our special day and night!! He was so much fun and was able to do a perfect job at highlighting the special moments of the evening and then turn our reception into a huge dance party!! Throughout the months leading up to our big day, Bryan was extremely flexible and made the planning process a complete breeze!! He completely eased our mind regarding the flow of the music during the ceremony, as well as, the order of events for the reception!! I give Bryan and Elite DJ's a 10/10!! They made our big day even more special than it already was. We have received several compliments on how much fun the reception was and how the DJ new how to keep the party going!!! :-) A big thank you to Bryan and Rlite DJ's!!! You guys definitely made our wedding a wedding to remember forever!!

Lisa · Married on 09/12/2015

Chris was our DJ- and he turned our wedding into PARTY! He brought a great energy to our reception and played great music to keep the dance floor busy. He got to know us as a couple and what kinds of music we wanted for the different portions of the evening, from cocktail hour, to dinner and dancing. Would highly recommend him for your event!

Amy · Married on 08/29/2015

Chris Colton at Elite DJs was recommended to me by a friend of a friend, who used him at their wedding. They kept telling me that Chris was "so much more than a DJ!" and that "for all he does, his price can’t be beat". Boy were they right!! And hiring Chris was one of the best wedding decisions we made!
    Right off the bat, Chris took the time to hear what my fiancé and I were looking for - from music, to priorities, to budget. He was super responsive, answered all of our questions and never made it seem like we were annoying him (with numerous calls, texts, emails, etc.). When we couldn’t put into words what it was we were looking for – Chris did. Having someone with so much experience is invaluable.
    On the day of our wedding, Chris showed up early, and even though he got a huge curve ball thrown at him since we had to go to “Plan B” for the ceremony due to the rain, still managed to seamlessly set up his DJ station while also working as an on-site coordinator – helping direct guests, getting everyone seated, organizing the bridal party, etc. Chris even snapped the most PERFECT photo during the ceremony and instantly posted it on Facebook tagging me – he thinks of everything!
    At the reception he had everyone on the dance floor the entire night, which is basically what every couple hopes for. Have the dance floor packed and make sure everyone is enjoying themselves. In addition to the great music, Chis was working the dance floor himself (he’s not a DJ that just stands behind the table and takes requests!), gathering big groups of people and taking photos and videos of people dancing.
    Fast forward to the end of the night – wedding is over and people are leaving, where is Chris? Helping to get people to the shuttles, bringing the left over sweet trays to my family, and mingling with guests. My fiancé and I got so many compliments on our day of coordinator/wedding planner/DJ.
    All in all – hire Chris. You wont regret it!

Megan · Married on 08/08/2015

When you plan a wedding you work with many, many vendors and I can easily say that Chris was the best. Honestly, probably my favorite part of our wedding was that the dance floor was hopping ALL NIGHT, and we owe that entirely to Chris. He has the ability to read a crowd and make sure he has just the right song ready to go.
    Aside from being a great DJ, Chris was also easy to work with. He had some forms that made things easy and organized and he was very accommodating when we wanted to meet with him. He took our requests to heart and worked to make our wedding exactly how we wanted it by making the right announcements and letting us decide on a “must play” and “do not play” list (both my husband and I had seen some DJs at wedding lately who seemed to be making it all about them or came off as cheesy and Chris didn’t do either). Finally he was great with our other vendors, making sure the photographer was ready or dinner was served before moving to the next part of the night.
    Overall I cannot rate Chris highly enough and I guarantee you will not go wrong by booking him for your event.

Jackie · Married on 01/31/2015

Chris was perfect! He was easy to book and great to work with. The music was exactly what we wanted and he was high energy and fun the entire time! We received many compliments and are so happy we booked him!

Lauren · Married on 10/11/2014

Elite DJs made our wedding night the best night of my life! Our DJ Chris asked us prior to the wedding day what we wanted to hear most and he made sure to play it all. He was so energetic and really got the crowd going. The dance floor was full all night and everyone love his style. I would definitely recommend him to any couple out there still looking for a DJ. He also did our ceremony music since we got married outside and it was just beautiful.

Lena · Married on 09/13/2014

Chris was absolutely amazing!!! A week or two before the wedding he sent us a detailed survey to find out exactly what kind of music we wanted for each part of our wedding, then we met with him in person to go over everything. I've known Chris for a few years so I knew we were going to be in good hands, but after sitting down to discuss the wedding I knew he was going to help us pull off exactly the fun and energized feeling that we were going for. He honored our "No play list" hit every one of our "must plays" and most importantly kept everyone dancing the whole night. I can't say there was ever that moment that inevitably happens at so many weddings were a "dud" song comes on and suddenly everyone is high-tailing it off the dance floor. Each song flowed right into the next, attracting our guests of all ages to the dance floor. Over the past few weeks I've had so many family and friends remark just how much fun they had on the dance floor and I honestly believe that could not have happened with any other DJ. Oh- and he snapped some of my favorite pictures of the whole day!!! So thank you Chris, we are so lucky to have had you at our wedding!! -Lena & Nick

Lindsay · Married on 06/21/2014

Chris was recommended to me by a co-worker who promised me that he would be the absolute highlight of our wedding reception. He did not disappoint! Our party was AMAZING! We easily had more than 100 people left in the room nearing the end of the night. My husband's nearly 80-year-old grandmother was on the dance floor the entire night, as was the entire bridal party! Chris did an excellent job of following our lists, listening to guest feedback, and reading the room to keep people of all ages happy and moving! He was so professional, friendly, and fun throughout the night. He even came up to my husband and I during cocktail hour and offered to grab us drinks.

We had our reception at Eaglewood Resort and Spa and, although unfamiliar with this site, Chris did a great job consulting with staff beforehand in order to make sure everything went smoothly. He was flexible when our cocktail hour was not only moved indoors, but extended to be more of a cocktail 2-hour when our reception pavilion FLOODED! The resort paid Chris to stay to make up for the delay and he was more than accommodating. I cannot say enough great things about Chris!! We will recommend him to every newly engaged couple we know for years to come! Our wedding night was unforgettable, and Chris was undoubtedly a key component!!

Birgit · Married on 05/17/2014

Chris was absolutely outstanding and made our wedding reception so wonderful. People were dancing all night long and the majority of guests stayed the entire time! I can't say enough wonderful things and would ABSOLUTELY recommend!

Megan · Married on 10/26/2013

When we hired Chris and Elite DJ's for our wedding I knew we were going to have a blast!
    He did the music for our ceremony and reception and everything was PERFECT!!!
    My husband and I really wanted our wedding guests to have a blast and dance the night away and that is exactly what happened! Chris made our wedding everything we could have hoped for and more!

I would recommend Elite DJ's for any event! He is professional, and pays attention to details and makes your guests have the time of their lives!!!!!!! He made our wedding best day of our lives!!!!!!!!!

Kelly · Married on 07/13/2013

Choosing Chris of Elite DJs was absolutely one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. Immediately following our initial meeting with Chris we knew he was the DJ for us. Leading up to the wedding he was extremely easy to reach and always willing to answer our questions and give suggestions as needed. He is extremely flexible and will work with you to make you wedding/reception perfect for you.

On our big day Chris worked well with our venue site coordinator and knew the schedule for the night. He did an outstanding job following this with speeches, etc. and kept our night running smoothly and exactly as planned. We were blown away by Chris's ability to gain the attention of the entire room and get everyone excited for the reception. From the moment the dancing officially started we had a packed dance floor with high energy thanks to Chris. He was able to read our crowd so well and we had guests of all ages dancing all night. We had so many guests comment on how amazing our DJ was and said he was better than any DJ they had seen at weddings before. Multiple guests even asked for his contact information.

I could not have asked for a better dancing/party atmosphere and owe that to Elite DJs. Chris is extremely professional and truly has a talent and a passion for his work. I would highly recommend his services to anyone!

Tony · Married on 06/30/2013

Elite DJs was fantastic. Chris meet with us personally early on to begin setting up details for our wedding. Each step of the way he was able to answer any questions we had. Day of went seamlessly. The ceremony sounds good thanks to him and our music was awesome. Nice relaxed feel for dinner just as we had hoped and all our guests enjoyed the rest of the evening! A big thank you again Chris!

• Kelsey

Kelsey · Married on 05/31/2013

We worked with Chris Colton and he was great! We met with him and discussed what style of music we wanted as well as the music we definitely did not want played. He was very organized and had several forms for us to complete to ensure that the music for our ceremony, cocktail hour, introductions, special dances, and the rest of the evening was just perfect. He was professional, fun, entertaining, and a pleasure to work with!

Kelsey · Married on 06/02/2012

We cannot praise Chris enough for the amazing job he did at our wedding. He made the whole night run smoothly by coordinating speeches and events throughout the night. Leading up to the wedding, Chris was personable and extremely helpful in making sure that the music and tone for the night was exactly what we wanted it to be. He had high energy which all of our guests fed off of. Choosing Elite DJ was one of the best choices we made in planning our wedding. If you are looking for a great DJ who's easy to work with, we would strongly recommend going with this vendor!

Jennifer · Married on 05/19/2012

I picked Chris in part because of the number of quality reviews on this site. He really does not need any more because he has so many, but when someone does such a fantastic job I cannot go without saying thank you. Chris ran my wedding from start to finish. He was three steps ahead of everyone, kept things flowing and without the slightest DJ cheese ;) He really did do a great job. Thank you Chris

phil · Married on 05/19/2012

I could not speak highly enough of Chris Colton at Elite DJs. It is a pleasure to write this review for him. He provided an entirely professional and thoroughly entertaining night for us. We shopped so I know the price was fair; certainly for what you get. If you are looking for a DJ who knows what he is doing, knows music, shows up promptly, thinks ahead but is still fun and lively at the same time this is your man. He is not at all llike one of the many idiots we interviewed who will treat your wedding like the DJ of a morning zoo radio show. Hire this man with confidence.

Jennifer · Married on 03/24/2012

Chris provided the best DJ experience I could have ever dreamed of at my wedding. He was enthusiastic, energetic, helpful, professional, and fully available throughout the entire planning process. On the night of the wedding, the dance floor was PACKED from 8:30pm when dinner ended to midnight when our reception hall kicked us out! He incorporated fun ideas into the garter/bouquet toss that were unexpected and hysterical. Chris played nearly every song that was on our must play list, and he really knew how to keep the party going. One of the best moments of the day involved the father/daughter dance. My dad and I each had separate songs that we wanted to dance to and I was having a hard time deciding on what to do to incorporate both songs. Chris helped me come up with a solution where we danced to the song I wanted to at the beginning of the reception and then, as a surprise, there was a tribute to my dad later in the night where we danced a second time to the song of his choice. That is the first thing my dad talks about when he tells people about the wedding, and it brought him to tears again when we danced that second time because it was so special to him. That's all thanks to Chris! He also got my relatively reserved mother-in-law out on the dance floor doing the stanky leg! What other DJ could manage to do that?! He was fun to work with, was always EXTREMELY fast in responding to my many e-mails, and had affordable prices for our budget-conscious wedding. I am so thankful to have been referred to Chris and Elite DJs for my wedding day. We wouldn't change our decision to book with Elite DJs for anything and I would gladly refer anyone to Chris who has a need for an amazing DJ!

Nora · Married on 12/17/2011

Chris was an excellent DJ. He balanced being completely professional while also putting us completely at ease. We got together various times leading up to the wedding to discuss the big day. He was always fun and pleasant to work with and is someone who truly enjoys their craft. Leading up to the wedding I knew that we were going to have a great time at the reception because I was confident that Chris would be able to combine our music preferences with the mood in the room. He did a terrific job and so many of our guests danced all night. Thank you, Chris!

John · Married on 10/29/2011

Elite DJ's made our wedding reception absolutely amazing. My wife and I will obviously remember our special day walking down the aisle together regardless of many of the planning decisions we made, but the addition of these professionals definitely made the party pop! From the moment we initiated the search for a DJ service, Chris and his team jumped out at us with their quick response and showed us how our money would go much further choosing them over the competition. Being able to look back on that now-post wedding- I can attest that their words were true and that we have absolutely no regrets.
    Two months after, our friends and family bring up how great the DJ was with the music personalization, visual effects, and hats and props to get our guests into the dancing mood.
    On a final note, I would like to say that our DJ impressed us with not only his music talent, but was also well organized and coordinated with all of the other vendors seamlessly. We would highly recommend them to any of our friends or family in the future.

Kim · Married on 09/17/2011

Always delightful to deal with. Got everyone up and on the dance floor.

Jennifer · Married on 09/17/2011

Chris did such an amazing job at our wedding and had our guests dancing all night long! I would recommend him to anyone as well as his great prices.

• sarahes85

Sarah · Married on 09/03/2011

Chris Colton was an awesome DJ! He was extremely flexible and helpful when we had to move our ceremony inside because of rain. He went above and beyond for us on our wedding day. We had an amazing party with a packed dance floor until the very last minute of the night. I 100% recommend him as a DJ for any event!