715 W. Donovan Ave., Woodstock, IL 60098 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Photos & Videos 44
  • Real Weddings 1
  • Deals 1

About Music In Motion

Music in Motion is a friendly wedding DJ company in Woodstock, Illinois serving couples in the Rockford and Chicago, Illinois area. (SW Wisconsin, Milwaukee and Madison as well!) This entertainment company works closely with couples to determine their needs and music tastes and find a way to best serve them on their special day. With up-to-date equipment and plenty of professional experience, these DJs blend songs together to keep guests partying all night.

This company employs six DJs with at least 20 years of experience, to ensure every wedding is exciting and professional. The DJs at Music in Motion offer the following services:

• Do-not-play list
  • Sound/PA system
  • Uplighting
  • Dance Floor lighting

Other Services
Every couple has different tastes in music, and keeping guests of all ages on the floor can be challenging, but this wedding DJ works to involve everyone at the reception. They play the following genres of music:

• Club

Music In Motion 6
Music In Motion 7

Carissa · Married on 09/14/2019

Make It, Don't Break It

When planning a wedding, the music is one of the most critical aspects to hosting the BEST party! DJ's are known to "make it or break it" and Tim Hicks knows how to Make It the best day of your life, not only for you but your guests as well! We had SOOOO much fun at our wedding and more often than not you couldn't find a single person sitting in their seat for they were busy dancing the night away! Not only does Tim and his team have some great talent they are also so great to work with! Don't let just any ol' DJ break your wedding, and let Music in Motion MAKE your wedding!

Sent on 09/25/2019
  • Jacqueline

Jacqueline · Married on 09/07/2019

Best DJ Ever!

I hired Tim Hicks with Music in Motion for our wedding on July 27, 2019. Music in Motion was one of the recommended vendors from our venue so I did my research and decided to contact him. I live in California and wasn’t able to meet Tim in person so I emailed him to discuss his DJ packages and what he had to offer. He was very responsive and professional. He answered all of my questions and was very helpful. I decided to hire him and I’m so glad that I did! We planned everything with Tim via email or his website which was very easy to use and then met Tim the night of our wedding. Tim was so friendly and down-to-earth when we met him and was just a super cool guy! I may be biased but I’ve never been to a wedding before where people were dancing ALL night long. Many of us didn’t want to leave at the end of the night because we wanted to continue to let Tim do his work! I definitely danced my heart out that night. The next day, people were coming up to us to tell us what a great job Tim did and how much fun they had at our wedding. Tim did such an awesome job for us and I can’t recommend him highly enough! You can definitely tell that Tim loves what he does and takes great pride in his work.

Sent on 10/06/2019

Music In Motion FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding DJ services? $ 800.00
  • What is included in the starting price? MC, Microphones, Travel Expenses, Sound/PA System
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 1,200.00
  • What is the starting price for uplighting? $ 250.00
  • What music genres do you specialize in? Club, Country, Electronic, Hip Hop, Jazz, Oldies, Pop, R&B/Soul, Rock, Top 40
  • What services do you offer? Do-Not-Play List, Karaoke, Liability Insurance, MC

Real Weddings

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• Music In Motion 1
    25% off ANY quote!!!
    Please mention you received our information through weddingwire.com and we'll apply a 25% discount to your quote!!

• Events by L
    Events by L Wedding Planners

Anytime we learn we are going to be working with M.I.M., we give a huge CHEER! They are absolutely AMAZING to work with! If you want to have an absolutely amazing event, they are the ones you want. We look forward to every event with M.I.M. The best in the industry! We give beyond 5 Stars for them!

• Creatively Yours Wedding & Event Planning
    Creatively Yours Wedding & Event Planning Wedding Planners

Music in Motion had done several of our weddings and they are very professional and fun to work with. They will bring out the party in your wedding!

• Orchid Weddings & Events
    Orchid Weddings & Events Wedding Planners

Tim & his staff are fantastic! Some of the greatest DJs I've ever worked with. Genuine people and great entertainers.

• 715 W. Donovan Ave. Woodstock, IL, 60098 See on map