Music In Motion Reviews

156 | Woodstock, IL

156 Reviews for Music In Motion

156 Music In Motion Reviews

Kristen · Married on 09/29/2018

Music in motion is where it’s at! Don’t look any further for a dj service! Professional, friendly, fun, flexible, and will make eveyone dance, sing, and cry. Tim was so nice to consistently check in on us during the planning process, and using their website to create a playlist was painless! Jeff was our dj the day of and he was brilliant. Kept the flow going strong, and never missed a beat! I would hire them again and again. Thank you all so much!

Curtis · Married on 09/15/2018

We had Tim last night at our wedding, he did an amazing job! The dance floor was filled the entire night, he does a great job getting the audience involved! Highly highly recommend Tim for your wedding! Thanks Tim!!

Rachel · Married on 09/15/2018

Everything was perfect! The DJ was able to read the crowd and changed the music as needed!

Dana Banicki · Married on 09/14/2018

Kept the party going!

Tim provided the music for our wedding ceremony and reception at The Onion Pub & Brewery on 9/14/18. From our first conversation was helpful and energetic about the event. He was prompt in responding to questions and the entire process of creating our playlists from start to finish. On the actual day of our wedding Tim was prompt and professional and executed our music perfectly. He kept us on track so that there was plenty of time for our guests to hit the dance floor and did a great job reading the crowd to keep everyone on the dance floor! Working with Tim was such a relaxed process and we had a blast on our wedding day along with our guests!

Megan Buenzow · Married on 09/07/2018

You won't regret it

Music in Motion was the best decision we made for our wedding day. From the beginning of planning until wedding day, they were flexible and fabulous. Tim let us "crash" a wedding to see Ricky live and in action. Shout out to that Bride and Groom! They even took the time to assure us, we would not regret booking Music in Motion... and they are right. Ricky helped us plan the music for our evening from start to finish. He even took on our last minute song changes with no hesitation. He even suggested we get the crowd dancing with us before dinner. We thought it was crazy, but loved the idea of it being different than the norm. It paid off big time! Our family and friends continue to talk about that moment along with how they never wanted to leave the dance floor all night along! We couldn't thank Ricky and Music in Motion enough for making our wedding the best! Thank you!!!

Jennifer · Married on 09/01/2018

Music in Motion was more than accommodating, not only was it a short notice wedding, we had a last minute venue change due to the weather. JD was fun, and did everything we requested! The price was a great deal for the awesome service we recieved!

Allison · Married on 08/11/2018

Tim was sincerely a pleasure to work with! He checked in throughout the year prior to the wedding, and was incredibly timely in his responses. He was flexible and efficient on the wedding day, sounded great, got everyone up and going, and respected the volume level when needed. Planning forms online were easy to use, and if he didn't have it, he made it super easy to obtain. DJ's always make me nervous, I don't know that I would use one outside of Tim again...couldn't thank him enough!

Maggie · Married on 06/29/2018

Tim Hicks was the best DJ around! I planned my wedding from out of town so all of our communication was over email. He had great planning resources on the website and responded promptly to emails. Tim made sure we knew how introductions and speeches would go and he played great music all night. The dance floor was always full! Tim was kind, fun, and professional and I can't recommend him highly enough!

Beth · Married on 06/10/2018

Tim Hicks was amazing! We wanted a party on the dance floor and Tim delivered. We appreciated being able to provide our input. Music In Motion has a user friendly website; communicates in a timely manner; is professional.

Mary · Married on 06/02/2018

Music In Motion is great! Tim is easy to communicate with and continues to keep in touch with you during the process. We had Jimmy as our DJ, and he was amazing. He got and kept people on the dance floor during the reception. Everyone was dancing till the end. Definitely recommend this company and Jimmy.

Haley · Married on 05/18/2018

Hiring Tim for our wedding was by far the best choice we could have made! The whole process was so easy and convenient. Since I was planning my wedding from out of state I was specifically looking for convenience and someone who was good at communicating via email. Tim did not disappoint in any aspect! The Best Man was unsure if he was going to speak at the wedding or not (we opted to ask who if anyone wanted to speak or not) we told Tim before dinner service started that he wasn't going to be making a speech. He went with the flow on everything and it was perfect! I have heard nothing but good things about our wedding and everyone loved how much we enjoyed ourselves dancing! I didn't want to leave the dance floor! Thank you for everything Tim! It couldn't have been better!

Delaney · Married on 05/18/2018

Music in Motion was the best DJ service we could have ever had. Honestly, from the moment we first met to our actual wedding, the communication we received was incomparable. Tim was always checking in and as a stressed out bride it was amazing to have a vendor who was doing this! We had Jimmy Styx DJ our wedding and we were so incredibly happy with him! He was an outstanding DJ who had everyone out on the floor the ENTIRE time up until the end. What more could you want?! He made everything feel so smooth and relaxed for Ross and I, which made our wedding day so amazing. I know many people boast about the vendors they chose, but I can honestly say MIM was the best choice we made for our wedding day. I wish I could put into words how truly incredible this company is. If you want a company who treats you like a top client, communicates with you and gets back to you very quick, and last but not least, keeps your guests dancing until the very last minute, then you should choose MIM for your dj needs!!! I will be recommending them to anyone I know looking for these services!!!

Katie · Married on 04/14/2018

Music in Motion came highly recommended to us and we could not be happier with our reception. Tim was great to work with, quickly responded to our emails and questions and checked in with us regularly during the planning process to see if we needed anything. Tim did a great job knowing our guests and everyone had a great time dancing! We would highly recommend!

Kimberly · Married on 03/17/2018

Thank you Music in Motion for keeping our ceremony and reception on track and for the wonderful music. With Music in Motion's help the evening went very smooth. Everyone was very nice, professional and helpful. It was clear the music selections for dancing were played depending based on the preferences of our guests. Everyone was dancing and enjoying themselves due to the great music played. Our whole day was better then we could have expected, thanks you Music in Motion :)

Emily · Married on 12/30/2017

Tim Hicks from Music in Motion was phenomenal. I had my wedding on December 30th and Tim did a great job of keeping our guests entertained. Tim did a great job of choosing cocktail and dinner music. Our guests were up and dancing before dinner was even over and were disappointed when they had to stop dancing for the father/daughter and mother/son dance. Tim kept the dance floor packed for the rest of the night and did a great job incorporating our requests. He played music that everyone enjoyed and we got multiple compliments on our Dj choice. Music in motion makes the planning process easy and Tim made a wonderful emcee for our big day! We couldn't have picked a better DJ!

Tiffany · Married on 10/27/2017

I just got married on October 27th 2017 and my husband and I booked Tim Hicks through Music in Motion. Tim is very profeshional and dressed to impress. Tim got our guests up and dancing throughout the entire evening. I don't dance and I was even out there all night long! Tim made a very comfortable environment for everyone. I would definitley reccomend going through Music in Motion for any event. They truely did a great job!

Sue · Married on 10/21/2017

Music in Motion was the DJ for our daughter and son-in-law's wedding on October 21st and Tim was absolutely amazing! His choice of music for cocktail hour, dinner and the rest of the evening was excellent! So many of our guests commented on not only his music selections but on his keeping our guests on point with the evening events! The dance floor was full all night long. Thank you Tim for an outstanding evening! Venue manager also asked for his name to refer to others, she said the best she's seen! I couldn't agree more, the best out there!

Marissa · Married on 10/14/2017

Tim and Music in Motion was so wonderful to work with! We booked Music in Motion about 1 1/2 years before our wedding ceremony and reception. Tim kept in touch with us every other month! It was so amazing to have a vendor to keep in constant contact with us and answer any questions we had. It definitely took away one less stress on us in wedding planning! Jimmy was so wonderful for both our ceremony and reception. He even got rained on and rolled with with punches! He read our crowd so well and kept everyone dancing all night! We are forever grateful for Tim, Jimmy and Music In Motion!

Alex · Married on 10/07/2017

Music in Motion went above and beyond on our wedding day. We couldn’t have asked for better service between Tim and Ricky. We highly reccomend them!

Sara · Married on 09/23/2017

My husband and I were SO thankful for the opportunity to work with Tim Hicks of Music in Motion for our September 23rd, 2017 wedding. As wedding photographers ourselves, Chris and I have listened to/interacted with our fair share of DJs over the last 10 years, and we can say with certainty that Tim is the best of the best. We met him at a client's wedding, hit it off immediately, and the rest was history - we knew we didn't want to work with anyone else. From our initial interaction almost 2 years before our wedding day allllllll the way through the end of our reception (and everything in between), the experience was consistently TERRIFIC, and since meeting Tim we have recommended him to just about everyone we know. He was the perfect match for us - personable, professional, unobtrusive, accommodating, and super engaging, not to mention he did a killer job at mixing music and keeping the dance floor FULL. We would choose him again and again to provide the soundtrack to one of our most joyful days of our lives.

Music In Motion 1
    Music In Motion 2
    Music In Motion 3
    Music In Motion 4
    Music In Motion 5

Jacinda · Married on 09/15/2017

amazing!!! We had our wedding September 15, 2017. i could not have been happier with Tim! he was great and on top of everything. our dance floor was always full and he made sure that everything we wanted happened! deffinetly would reccomend him! ??

Abigail · Married on 09/02/2017

Music In Motion was the BEST!! He really knows what he is doing! He was able to get all my guest up dancing the night away!

Mike · Married on 09/01/2017

Our experience with Music in Motion was phenomenal. Tim Hicks, the owner, was easy to work with. His communication was responsive, and he was never too busy to answer any questions. I recommend e-mail communication with Music in Motion because it's their preferred method and I never had to wait long for a response. The price of the service was reasonable and well worth it. Jimmy Styx, our DJ, was friendly, professional, and talented at his craft. He was well prepared. His song choices were spot on. He accommodated our requests while doing a great job of reading the crowd. The dance floor was never empty. Jimmy impressed everyone with his mixing ability. He mixed a couple of Michael Jackson songs and the guests were really into it. I couldn't be happier with my experience with Music in Motion. I would use them again in an instant, and confidently recommend their services.

Nicole · Married on 08/12/2017

Music in motion did a fantastic job! We couldn't be more pleased with the way our wedding turned out! Everything flowed effortlessly! Jack kept everyone on the dance floor all night! Wr had multiple people come up and tell us how great the DJ was! We would recommend Music in Motion to anyone who is looking to have a fantastic time at there wedding!