Music In Motion Reviews

192 | Woodstock, IL

192 Reviews for Music In Motion

• Derick

Derick K. · Married on 04/17/2021

Amazing company to do business with!

I would like to start off by saying Tim Hicks with Music in Motion is an amazing company to do business with. Trying to plan a wedding during a Pandemic proved very difficult, but Tim and music in motion made it easy! He would check in with us as we continued planning, gave multiple options for a variety of issues, and just made a challenging experience easier to deal with. I do have to say Tim and Music in Motion are professional, easy to work with, and make your wedding memorable! 10/10 would recommend! Thank you again Tim! Book these guys!! they are the best!

Sent on 01/11/2021
  • Abi

Abi D. · Married on 10/23/2020

Amazing service for our October 23 wedding!

Tim was amazing to work with! From postponing from may -> October he was so great! We had a playlist full of T&B hip hop pop and he absolutely killed the music selection! We were out on the dance floor 90% of the evening! He was great with his interactions with the guests. Was lots of fun and overall did a wonderful job ❤️

Sent on 10/26/2020

Shannon · Married on 09/18/2020

Kept everyone dancing all night!

Everyone enjoyed every minute of the reception and the music!

Sent on 10/04/2020

Amy S. · Married on 09/12/2020

Spectacular DJ!

Tim Hicks with Music in Motion was GREAT! From the minute he walked in the door he was entertaining our guests. He had our guests on their feet and he never missed a beat! One thing I really appreciated from Tim is that when the timing of speeches clashed with our dinner, Tim took over and communicated with the banquet team on when to serve our food! This is something that meant so much to me because it kept the night flowing well! Chris and I could not have asked for a better DJ! I would recommend Tim and his staff 100 times over! Thank you!!

Sent on 09/23/2020
  • Elisa

Elisa R. · Married on 08/21/2020

Amazing!

Tim Hicks with music in motion was simply amazing!!! From ceremony to cocktail hour to reception, everything went perfect. He made sure to get all of my song requests and specific versions. He was flexible throughout the night making sure the everything ran smoothly. I got married on my sister's 40th birthday and he gave her a birthday shoutout and played a mix of her favorite songs. I cannot thank you enough for everything. Highly recommended!!!

Sent on 08/26/2020

Jennette · Married on 08/15/2020

Fantastic DJ Services!

Professional, fun, And kept everyone on the dance floor! Their process for events is super user-friendly and their communication is fantastic! Highly recommend for any and all events!

Sent on 08/22/2020
  • Mei-Lin

Mei-Lin V. · Married on 08/09/2020

Highly reliable, entertaining, engaging and top notch service

We are very happy we've hired Music in Motion. The moment we spoke with Tim, we knew we wanted to entrust our wedding event with them. The day of the wedding, we worked with Rick and Kyle. Rick played a vital role in pivoting our wedding plans given current circumstances. On that note, in our eyes, he already delivered above and beyond even before the wedding event in itself. He has such keen eye on details and provided us with loads of meaningful insight, a lot of which are things that we have not considered or even thought about, which helped shape the event beyond what we would have dreamt it to be. Rick was also very accommodating and helpful in finding us a virtual producer that was the one missing piece in realizing our dream wedding prior to speaking with him. The day of the event, he kept us organized and on track. All our requests have been honored and we couldn't be any happier. On top of that, Rick ensured that we are engaging both our in person and virtual guests which we know was tough to accomplish. We had the virtual folks dancing along with us with Rick leading both groups. He constantly engaged our daughters in helping lead the dance which kept them engage throughout reception as well. He even made sure that we were able to eat. The agenda he put together was very well thought of. We wanted to say we made history as we executed this hybrid wedding and we owe a huge part of that success to Rick. He has been our lifeline. We had enormous amount of great feedback from our virtual guests about how much they have enjoyed the evening. Rick and Kyle had everyone dancing - in person or virtual, across all ages. They are true professionals who have mastered their craft and are very passionate about what they do. If we can give them 10 stars, we will. Our experience was priceless and our gratitude overflowing.

Sent on 08/16/2020

Hayley M. · Married on 02/29/2020

Amazing Music!

We had Tim as the DJ for our wedding from Music in motion and he was THE BEST! He gave us everything we wanted and more. He rolled with all my crazy bridal moments day of, and he kept the party going all night long. He was simply a perfect fit for our ceremony and I would use him again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 03/09/2020
  • Jordan

Jordan M. · Married on 12/28/2019

Best DJ for your money!

We spoke with Tim throughout most of the planning process. He was amazing at keeping in touch and letting us know he didn’t forget about us. He made us feel like more than just another customer. The day of we had Jimmy as our DJ. He was dress perfectly for the event and made sure that all of our dances and speeches ran smoothly! Jimmy not only followed our music requests, he was able to read the crowd and make sure there were always people on the dance floor! We have heard from multiple guests how much fun they had at the wedding and most of that was because of Jimmy’s amazing DJ skills!

Sent on 01/08/2020

Bethany W. · Married on 12/28/2019

Music In Motion

Our reception music and guest's time on the dance floor were two things we cared a lot about. We loved having JD Mason as our DJ and so appreciated the timely communication of Tim Hicks in the months leading up to our wedding. Guests complimented the music and had a blast on the dance floor. They went above and beyond to make sure all aspects of the sound, lighting and entertainment were exactly as we wanted them to be!

Sent on 01/18/2020

Tanya · Married on 12/28/2019

effortless

Everything from planning to execution was effortless. I am a meeting planner by trade and I was able to sit back and relax knowing everything was taken care of for our reception. Our guests had a BLAST -we didn't want to stop the party!

Sent on 01/20/2020

Lauren L. · Married on 12/21/2019

Tim was amazing!

My wife and I just had our wedding this past December with Tim as our DJ. He was incredibly responsive and helpful through every step of our planning process. My wife and I primarily let Tim handle a majority of the song selection and he truly delivered. The dance floor was packed with people dancing all the way up until the reception ended. If we know anyone getting married in the future we will definitely recommended Tim and Music in Motion.

Sent on 01/05/2020
  • Ashley

Ashley T. · Married on 11/22/2019

Boogie the night away!

We had the chance to see Tim in his element at a friends wedding and we remembered how much fun we had, that we were constantly on the dance floor, and that the night just ran so smoothly! Once we got engaged we were so excited to plan this part of the night and talking with Tim was on the top of our list!

We sat down with Tim and it was just so fun hearing him talk about music, keeping the dance floor going and how he reads a room to get things to stay active and fun! We knew that he had so much knowledge and this was something he loved to do and would help the night be everything we wanted it to be.

Tim encourages no more than about 10 must play songs for the night so he has the ability to add in songs and make sure the guests are enjoying things as well. So we chose to make a spotify playlist of songs we both loved for cocktail hour so during the dancing time Tim wasn’t tied down to all our must play songs. It was a great decision and Tim added great songs to lengthen the time for cocktail hour and it flowed so nicely! He helped make the timing of the night go smoothly from introductions into cake into speeches and first dances!

Once we got into the dancing part of the night that is where Tim's skills shined. His ability to read the room and see where the energy on the dance floor was going really took the party to the next level. By choosing to let Tim run the music for the dancing part of our wedding took so much stress off the planning process and it paid off on our big night. Of course you will have those party animals at your wedding making random song requests. Tim will protect the party and filter through requests in a professional manner. We received so many compliments on our wedding and the one we received the most about was the music! We are so thankful and lucky we had Tim at our big day he really delivered everything and more for us.

There is no need to look any further for a DJ for your wedding or event. Trust Tim and the Music in Motion team to take your event to the next level they truly are the best in the business.

Sent on 12/06/2019

Morgan · Married on 11/16/2019

Fun, Kind, Awesome DJ

I was very cautious about who I chose to DJ my wedding because both families and all our friends love to party, so we wanted to make sure that we set ourselves up for success. Tim. Was. AWESOME. I was actually sick on the wedding day and Tim was so helpful and kind. He made sure we were all in the loop and he kept checking in with me to make sure I was feeling okay and if I wanted to delay something so I could go sit down. Honestly, it felt like he was more of a family friend. With this, he was still an amazing professional. He takes his job very seriously. And his job is to make sure that 1- the schedule is what the bride and groom want, and 2- that everyone has fun. And he was very successful. I cannot thank Tim enough for what he did for us on our day and how amazing of a job he did. If you need a DJ in the area who will pump up your guests and do a seriously awesome job- give Tim a call. Thanks for everything, Tim!
    The Ammirati-Robert Family

Sent on 12/12/2019
  • Lindsay

Lindsay · Married on 10/19/2019

Danced the night away with Music in Motion

Choosing Music in Motion as our reception DJ was one of the best choices we made! Tim Hicks was absolutely wonderful to work with. He was super attentive with all of my questions and clarification requests leading up to the big day. Especially when we had a little snafu with a microphone system for our ceremony officiant. Tim was there to solve all problems and make our day amazing. Multiple guests have let me know how amazing the music selection was and everyone looked like they were having a blast dancing the night away. Thank you guys!

Sent on 10/23/2019

Amy · Married on 10/05/2019

Amazing DJ!

Tim was absolutely amazing!! We booked Tim off of the reviews that we had read, and they couldn't of been more true. He emailed us throughout the year after booking with him just to "check in." He was super professional and very flexible. On the day of our wedding, he had the crowd on the dance floor the whole night. We received many compliments about how fun our DJ was. I am so happy we decided to go with Tim! Thank you again for a wonderful and fun night.

Sent on 10/28/2019

Glenda · Married on 09/21/2019

Wedding DJ

We hired Music in Motion for my daughter's wedding last weekend.We hired them almost a year out from the wedding. From our initial contact with them, they were very professional and always very responsive. The dance floor was packed the entire night and that was our goal. Also, great cocktail and dinner hour music. Highly recommend Music in Motion for your wedding DJ.

Sent on 09/27/2019

Music In Motion's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words Glenda! I’ll be sure to pass them on to Jimmy, he said that you guys were such an incredible and fun group and it was a pleasure to be a part of your celebration! Keep in touch :-)
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 09/21/2019

Music in Motion

Music in Motion was just great! We had Ricky djing our wedding and was fabulous! Played all the songs us and everyone wanted and went off of the crowd. If they weren’t dancing he would play something upbeat and get people up! Would highly recommend!

Sent on 11/11/2019

Carissa · Married on 09/14/2019

Make It, Don't Break It

When planning a wedding, the music is one of the most critical aspects to hosting the BEST party! DJ's are known to "make it or break it" and Tim Hicks knows how to Make It the best day of your life, not only for you but your guests as well! We had SOOOO much fun at our wedding and more often than not you couldn't find a single person sitting in their seat for they were busy dancing the night away! Not only does Tim and his team have some great talent they are also so great to work with! Don't let just any ol' DJ break your wedding, and let Music in Motion MAKE your wedding!

Sent on 09/25/2019

· Married on 09/14/2019

Excellent DJ Company

Thank you Music in Motion - it was a wonderful day! Everything was perfect. My husband and I thought Ricky did an awesome job the day of the wedding! I loved the music and had multiple compliments on the variety of songs played. Everyone really enjoyed the reverse anniversary dance, very unique. Even my uncle got up to join. It was a very special night and Music in Motion definitely helped create that party atmosphere. The planning process was clear and concise. Also, I thought it was a really nice that DJ Tim emailed/reached out to us throughout the year leading up to the wedding. It helped create more of a relationship and is something that stands out from all our other vendors.

Sent on 11/08/2019
  • Jacqueline

Jacqueline · Married on 09/07/2019

Best DJ Ever!

I hired Tim Hicks with Music in Motion for our wedding on July 27, 2019. Music in Motion was one of the recommended vendors from our venue so I did my research and decided to contact him. I live in California and wasn’t able to meet Tim in person so I emailed him to discuss his DJ packages and what he had to offer. He was very responsive and professional. He answered all of my questions and was very helpful. I decided to hire him and I’m so glad that I did! We planned everything with Tim via email or his website which was very easy to use and then met Tim the night of our wedding. Tim was so friendly and down-to-earth when we met him and was just a super cool guy! I may be biased but I’ve never been to a wedding before where people were dancing ALL night long. Many of us didn’t want to leave at the end of the night because we wanted to continue to let Tim do his work! I definitely danced my heart out that night. The next day, people were coming up to us to tell us what a great job Tim did and how much fun they had at our wedding. Tim did such an awesome job for us and I can’t recommend him highly enough! You can definitely tell that Tim loves what he does and takes great pride in his work.

Sent on 10/06/2019

Brittany · Married on 09/06/2019

The Best!!!

Couldnt of chosen a better DJ for our wedding. I had been to two previous weddings where MIM was their DJ and had chosen them for mine also. We had Jimmy and he did awesome! I had written so many notes for him for certain songs, especially our recessional song & he timed it perfectly. We’ll be having MIM again in 2020 for my sisters wedding!

Sent on 09/09/2019

Music In Motion's reply:

Congrats again you guys, thanks so much for the kind words! We wish you the best on your future together! (:
  • Mica

Mica D. · Married on 08/23/2019

Most Lit Dance Floor Ever!

Two months later, we still have friends and family telling us how amazing our dance floor was, and that is all thanks to Tim Hicks! I put together a small list of songs to play, but honestly, it was not necessary at all. Tim read the crowd all night and played the perfect mix of songs to keep our dance floor packed throughout our entire reception. From start to finish, he made the entire process so easy and clear, and helped us with any question we had. I could not recommend him enough!

Sent on 10/25/2019
  • Mark

Mark · Married on 08/17/2019

The dance floor was moving all night!

We recently had the pleasure of working with Tim for our wedding at the Starline Factory. He was professional and great to work with through the entire process. He had great attention detail accommodating our special requests and timing edits flawlessly. Most importantly he kept things running on time and the dance floor moving the entire night. We received many compliments from our guests on what a great job he did. We would highly recommend Tim for weddings or any other events requiring DJ services!

Sent on 09/15/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda N. · Married on 07/13/2019

Extremely Professional

I can’t say enough about Tim Hicks with Music in Motion! My husband and I were able to just sit back and relax because Tim had it all covered - to the point where we realized we had nothing to cut our cake with and when my husband went to tell him he could just move to the next song, Tim pulled a butter knife out from behind the DJ booth!! Our guests kept talking about how awesome the music was - and there was definitely a big dance party all the way until the last song. We are so thankful that we chose to go with Music in Motion and would highly recommend them!

Sent on 07/18/2019