149 Reviews for Music In Motion

Do-Not-Play List (8)
MC (6)
Liability Insurance (4)
146 Music In Motion Reviews

Tim Hicks was the best DJ around! I planned my wedding from out of town so all of our communication was over email. He had great planning resources on the website and responded promptly to emails. Tim made sure we knew how introductions and speeches would go and he played great music all night. The dance floor was always full! Tim was kind, fun, and professional and I can't recommend him highly enough!

Profile Picture Maggie, 6/29/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

Tim Hicks was amazing! We wanted a party on the dance floor and Tim delivered. We appreciated being able to provide our input. Music In Motion has a user friendly website; communicates in a timely manner; is professional.

Profile Picture Beth, 6/10/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

Tim Dj'd for my now husband and my wedding last night at Bull Valley Golf Club. All I can say is WOW! He got us so excited and hyped up for everything and he kept our guests entertained and dancing all night long! When things took a little more time than we planned, Tim was super flexible and awesome with checking in with us to make sure we were doing okay and ready for the next parts of our evening. His planning forms were so easy to use. When having a wedding, music is always one of the main things you worry about and hope to enjoy and that your guests enjoy. He did an absolutely amazing job! If you're looking for a DJ, look no further because we wouldn't recommend anyone other than Tim!

Profile Picture Morgan, 6/9/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

Music In Motion is great! Tim is easy to communicate with and continues to keep in touch with you during the process. We had Jimmy as our DJ, and he was amazing. He got and kept people on the dance floor during the reception. Everyone was dancing till the end. Definitely recommend this company and Jimmy.

Profile Picture Mary, 6/2/18, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Do-Not-Play List

Hiring Tim for our wedding was by far the best choice we could have made! The whole process was so easy and convenient. Since I was planning my wedding from out of state I was specifically looking for convenience and someone who was good at communicating via email. Tim did not disappoint in any aspect! The Best Man was unsure if he was going to speak at the wedding or not (we opted to ask who if anyone wanted to speak or not) we told Tim before dinner service started that he wasn't going to be making a speech. He went with the flow on everything and it was perfect! I have heard nothing but good things about our wedding and everyone loved how much we enjoyed ourselves dancing! I didn't want to leave the dance floor! Thank you for everything Tim! It couldn't have been better!

Profile Picture Haley, 5/18/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

Music in Motion was the best DJ service we could have ever had. Honestly, from the moment we first met to our actual wedding, the communication we received was incomparable. Tim was always checking in and as a stressed out bride it was amazing to have a vendor who was doing this! We had Jimmy Styx DJ our wedding and we were so incredibly happy with him! He was an outstanding DJ who had everyone out on the floor the ENTIRE time up until the end. What more could you want?! He made everything feel so smooth and relaxed for Ross and I, which made our wedding day so amazing. I know many people boast about the vendors they chose, but I can honestly say MIM was the best choice we made for our wedding day. I wish I could put into words how truly incredible this company is. If you want a company who treats you like a top client, communicates with you and gets back to you very quick, and last but not least, keeps your guests dancing until the very last minute, then you should choose MIM for your dj needs!!! I will be recommending them to anyone I know looking for these services!!!

Profile Picture Delaney, 5/18/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

Music in Motion came highly recommended to us and we could not be happier with our reception. Tim was great to work with, quickly responded to our emails and questions and checked in with us regularly during the planning process to see if we needed anything. Tim did a great job knowing our guests and everyone had a great time dancing! We would highly recommend!

Profile Picture Katie, 4/14/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

Thank you Music in Motion for keeping our ceremony and reception on track and for the wonderful music. With Music in Motion's help the evening went very smooth. Everyone was very nice, professional and helpful. It was clear the music selections for dancing were played depending based on the preferences of our guests. Everyone was dancing and enjoying themselves due to the great music played. Our whole day was better then we could have expected, thanks you Music in Motion :)

Profile Picture Kimberly, 3/17/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

Tim Hicks from Music in Motion was phenomenal. I had my wedding on December 30th and Tim did a great job of keeping our guests entertained. Tim did a great job of choosing cocktail and dinner music. Our guests were up and dancing before dinner was even over and were disappointed when they had to stop dancing for the father/daughter and mother/son dance. Tim kept the dance floor packed for the rest of the night and did a great job incorporating our requests. He played music that everyone enjoyed and we got multiple compliments on our Dj choice. Music in motion makes the planning process easy and Tim made a wonderful emcee for our big day! We couldn't have picked a better DJ!

Profile Picture Emily, 12/30/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Do-Not-Play List, MC

I just got married on October 27th 2017 and my husband and I booked Tim Hicks through Music in Motion. Tim is very profeshional and dressed to impress. Tim got our guests up and dancing throughout the entire evening. I don't dance and I was even out there all night long! Tim made a very comfortable environment for everyone. I would definitley reccomend going through Music in Motion for any event. They truely did a great job!

Profile Picture Tiffany, 10/27/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Music in Motion was the DJ for our daughter and son-in-law's wedding on October 21st and Tim was absolutely amazing! His choice of music for cocktail hour, dinner and the rest of the evening was excellent! So many of our guests commented on not only his music selections but on his keeping our guests on point with the evening events! The dance floor was full all night long. Thank you Tim for an outstanding evening! Venue manager also asked for his name to refer to others, she said the best she's seen! I couldn't agree more, the best out there!

Profile Picture Sue, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Tim and Music in Motion was so wonderful to work with! We booked Music in Motion about 1 1/2 years before our wedding ceremony and reception. Tim kept in touch with us every other month! It was so amazing to have a vendor to keep in constant contact with us and answer any questions we had. It definitely took away one less stress on us in wedding planning! Jimmy was so wonderful for both our ceremony and reception. He even got rained on and rolled with with punches! He read our crowd so well and kept everyone dancing all night! We are forever grateful for Tim, Jimmy and Music In Motion!

Profile Picture Marissa, 10/14/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC

Music in Motion went above and beyond on our wedding day. We couldn’t have asked for better service between Tim and Ricky. We highly reccomend them!

Profile Picture Alex, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones

My husband and I were SO thankful for the opportunity to work with Tim Hicks of Music in Motion for our September 23rd, 2017 wedding. As wedding photographers ourselves, Chris and I have listened to/interacted with our fair share of DJs over the last 10 years, and we can say with certainty that Tim is the best of the best. We met him at a client's wedding, hit it off immediately, and the rest was history - we knew we didn't want to work with anyone else. From our initial interaction almost 2 years before our wedding day allllllll the way through the end of our reception (and everything in between), the experience was consistently TERRIFIC, and since meeting Tim we have recommended him to just about everyone we know. He was the perfect match for us - personable, professional, unobtrusive, accommodating, and super engaging, not to mention he did a killer job at mixing music and keeping the dance floor FULL. We would choose him again and again to provide the soundtrack to one of our most joyful days of our lives.

Profile Picture Sara, 9/23/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

amazing!!! We had our wedding September 15, 2017. i could not have been happier with Tim! he was great and on top of everything. our dance floor was always full and he made sure that everything we wanted happened! deffinetly would reccomend him! ??

Profile Picture Jacinda, 9/15/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Music In Motion was the BEST!! He really knows what he is doing! He was able to get all my guest up dancing the night away!

Profile Picture Abigail, 9/2/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Our experience with Music in Motion was phenomenal. Tim Hicks, the owner, was easy to work with. His communication was responsive, and he was never too busy to answer any questions. I recommend e-mail communication with Music in Motion because it's their preferred method and I never had to wait long for a response. The price of the service was reasonable and well worth it. Jimmy Styx, our DJ, was friendly, professional, and talented at his craft. He was well prepared. His song choices were spot on. He accommodated our requests while doing a great job of reading the crowd. The dance floor was never empty. Jimmy impressed everyone with his mixing ability. He mixed a couple of Michael Jackson songs and the guests were really into it. I couldn't be happier with my experience with Music in Motion. I would use them again in an instant, and confidently recommend their services.

Profile Picture Mike, 9/1/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Music in motion did a fantastic job! We couldn't be more pleased with the way our wedding turned out! Everything flowed effortlessly! Jack kept everyone on the dance floor all night! Wr had multiple people come up and tell us how great the DJ was! We would recommend Music in Motion to anyone who is looking to have a fantastic time at there wedding!

Profile Picture Nicole, 8/12/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Tim was amazing to work with through the planning process, he provided amazing online wedding planning forms to ensure that we had all of our must play songs, special event songs, and even a do not play list completed and filled out so we were able to have a fully custom DJ for our wedding on August 4th. We did have a few specific requests, like playing songs for each bridal party couple to enter into and it was no problem and Jimmy our DJ for the night executed everyt5hing flawlessly. We did not provide a huge song list for him to go off of, but Jimmy was fantastic on reading the crowd and what people were loving to dance to and played the perfect music all night long! We had our wedding and reception at twin lakes country club and Jimmy was able to have a small ceremony sound system set up for ceremony music, and have the main set up in the reception hooked up and ready to go for cocktail hour which immediately followed. Working with Tim & Jimmy was one of our best decisions of our wedding they are great, fun, and professional DJs that will ensure your guests are on the dance floor all night long, thank you Music in motion we will be recommending you to all of our friends and family!

Profile Picture Jenny, 8/4/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Where to even begin?! Tim Hicks=one heck of a party! We were lucky enough to work with Tim for our special day and we could not be more pleased!! During the planning process, Tim was very organized and was available to answer any questions at any point in time! His professionalism is evident by the number of weddings he has DJed within my wedding attendance history! During our wedding, he played the music for our ceremony as well as the reception and everything was perfect!! Several guests raved of Tim's services and his ability to keep guests on the dance floor dancing! There was not a moment in time where our dance floor was empty as he played a variety of different music that livened all guests! We highly recommend Tim Hicks for any event, especially weddings! Thank you Tim!!!

Profile Picture Sarah, 7/15/17, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jimmy was our dj and he was very professional and played all the right music! Tim, the owner, was awesome and so responsive. He responded to me emails almost immediately which made working with him so stress free.

Profile Picture Laura, 7/7/17, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ

Tim is an amazing artist! He made sure to play music that we were excited about, and he kept our families dancing all night! I highly recommend Music in Motion to anyone looking for a great DJ! Thank you, Tim!

Profile Picture Erin, 7/2/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Tim definitely knows how to get the party started and keep it going. We have been to several weddings that Tim had done before ours abs knew he'd be great. If your group loves to dance, Tim is great at reading the crowd abs keeping them out there. His website is super easy to use, and he's super responsive to your questions. Has a blast thanks to Music in Motion!

Profile Picture Jon, 6/30/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Tim was a great DJ for our wedding! He always replied to emails quickly and was easy to work with. On the day of our wedding, he played the best songs with great timing. The dance floor was packed the entire time! Tim helped move the evening along and keep us on-time with the schedule of events. I would highly recommend music in motion!

Profile Picture User6579674, 1+ year ago, 7 Reviews