Music In Motion Reviews

Music In Motion 7
  • Amanda

Amanda Nundahl 路 Married on 07/13/2019

Extremely Professional

I can鈥檛 say enough about Tim Hicks with Music in Motion! My husband and I were able to just sit back and relax because Tim had it all covered - to the point where we realized we had nothing to cut our cake with and when my husband went to tell him he could just move to the next song, Tim pulled a butter knife out from behind the DJ booth!! Our guests kept talking about how awesome the music was - and there was definitely a big dance party all the way until the last song. We are so thankful that we chose to go with Music in Motion and would highly recommend them!

Sent on 07/18/2019

Cheri 路 Married on 07/06/2019

Awesome job!

Tim is such an awesome DJ! Our guests never wanted to leave the dance floor. He played all the best songs and just overall did an amazing job. Tim was so accommodating and kind! We highly recommend him馃槉

Sent on 07/26/2019
    Music In Motion 8
    Music In Motion 9
    Music In Motion 10
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Benson 路 Married on 06/30/2019

Amazing dj

Amazing DJ that reads the crowd and kept people dancing all night long.

Sent on 07/03/2019

Katie 路 Married on 06/29/2019

Would Definitely Recommend

Tim was the DJ for our wedding on June 29, 2019 and was fantastic! He was very flexible and reassuring when our venue changed our reception room 2 hours before the start of the wedding. The dance floor was packed all night and all of our guests raved about how great our DJ was! Tim was helpful from start to finish and I would definitely recommend Music in Motion.

Sent on 07/06/2019
  • Katie

Katie 路 Married on 06/21/2019

Wedding Reception

There was a miscommunication with who we thought our DJ was going to be, but it all turned out great. Tim was fantastic with answering all emails very quickly (which was very convenient while wedding planning). Jimmy was our DJ and he was awesome. He was super friendly. He kept people on the dance floor and was very accomodating. When my photographer and videographer were going to leave, he made sure to find me to let me know so we could fit in the parent dances and bouquet toss before they left. I would totally recommend Jimmy and Music in Motion.

Sent on 06/24/2019

Karen Senette 路 Married on 05/31/2019

Great experience!

We were so happy with our decision to use Tim and Music in Motion as our wedding DJ. Tim was an amazing communicator and helped us to make sure we were fully prepared leading up to our wedding. On the day of the ceremony Tim was great at checking in with us and ensuring that we remained on schedule. Most importantly, our dance floor was constantly fueled by the great music and energy that Tim provided. Thank you so much, Tim!

Sent on 06/02/2019
  • Allie

Allie Skurski 路 Married on 05/25/2019

Very Professional and Fun at the Same Time!

We can't say enough great things about Tim Hicks! We booked him fairly early since we had a 2 year engagement and a popular wedding date. He would check in every so often just to see how we were doing or if we had any questions; over a span of a year and a half! Some of our other vendors we didn't hear from until maybe a month before the wedding, which made us nervous. Tim was so fun, followed our strict 'no country music' request even when guests requested country songs. He played the exact type of music we asked for on our preference sheet, yet still had the flexibility to play music that all generations could enjoy. Tim was fantastic at coordinating the bridal party lineup for introductions and giving us the peace of mind to just let him do his thing! We had forgotten to let him know about a fun little 'cake in the face' display, which by not giving him advanced notice, messed with his timeline. He was very professional, quick on his feet and flexible with an announcement for the display on the spot.

Sent on 07/30/2019
  • Katie

Katie Wilson 路 Married on 05/04/2019

Memorable DJ

My husband and I first heard Tim's work 10 years ago at a high school dance. When it came time to pick a DJ for our wedding, we had no doubt who we wanted to hire. Tim is an amazing DJ, and keeping his contact information for 10 years is just proof of that. We were ecstatic with the services he delivered, and he has even found ways to improve in the past decade that left him even more memorable than before.

Sent on 05/14/2019
  • Alex

Alex 路 Married on 02/02/2019

Amazing Experience for our Wedding!

I used Ross and Music in Motion for my wedding this past weekend and they did an amazing job! Everyone had such a great time and danced all night long! The website was super easy to navigate and I loved being able to customize all our wedding songs without going back and forth between and million emails. He handles the music, uplighting, spot light and the monogram we had projected on the dance floor. We are BEYOND happy with our experience and would recommend to anyone looking to have a great time! Thank you so much Ross and Crew for making our reception the best party we have ever thrown!

Sent on 02/08/2019
    Music In Motion 11

Sheri 路 Married on 11/24/2018

Best DJ in town!

I hired Music in Motion for my son's Bar Mitzvah. I knew I did not want to use the big entertainment monopoly for the party, as I wanted everything custom and personal. From our first conversation, I knew Ross and his team were exactly what I was looking for. They made our celebration so memorable! He and his team were outstanding, and kept the party going. Ross had tons of great ideas and it was just an absolute pleasure to work with and party with him!!!

Sent on 12/06/2018
  • Emily

Emily 路 Married on 11/17/2018

Would definitely hire again!!

We had Shav as our DJ and he was awesome, our dance floor was packed the entire night, which was important to us, everyone had so much fun and said how good the music was. We were able to bundle in the uplighting and extra sound and they were able to use our wedding colors as the lights. They were very familiar with Boulder Ridge Country Club which made it a lot easier for me, I did not have to tell them anything as he knew what to do already from experience. He went over the timeline with us ahead of time so everyone including, venue, photo, video, and us were on the same page. Everything flowed very smoothly and it was perfect. Shav also did our ceremony music and microphone for the officient. Made it a lot easier to have him take care of everything so we didnt have to worry. Shav was awesome. THANK YOU SHAV!!!!

Sent on 12/14/2018

Kristen 路 Married on 09/29/2018

Music in motion is where it鈥檚 at! Don鈥檛 look any further for a dj service! Professional, friendly, fun, flexible, and will make eveyone dance, sing, and cry. Tim was so nice to consistently check in on us during the planning process, and using their website to create a playlist was painless! Jeff was our dj the day of and he was brilliant. Kept the flow going strong, and never missed a beat! I would hire them again and again. Thank you all so much!

Sent on 10/01/2018

Curtis 路 Married on 09/15/2018

We had Tim last night at our wedding, he did an amazing job! The dance floor was filled the entire night, he does a great job getting the audience involved! Highly highly recommend Tim for your wedding! Thanks Tim!!

Sent on 09/01/2018

Rachel 路 Married on 09/15/2018

Everything was perfect! The DJ was able to read the crowd and changed the music as needed!

Sent on 09/27/2018

Dana Banicki 路 Married on 09/14/2018

Kept the party going!

Tim provided the music for our wedding ceremony and reception at The Onion Pub & Brewery on 9/14/18. From our first conversation was helpful and energetic about the event. He was prompt in responding to questions and the entire process of creating our playlists from start to finish. On the actual day of our wedding Tim was prompt and professional and executed our music perfectly. He kept us on track so that there was plenty of time for our guests to hit the dance floor and did a great job reading the crowd to keep everyone on the dance floor! Working with Tim was such a relaxed process and we had a blast on our wedding day along with our guests!

Sent on 11/06/2018

Megan Buenzow 路 Married on 09/07/2018

You won't regret it

Music in Motion was the best decision we made for our wedding day. From the beginning of planning until wedding day, they were flexible and fabulous. Tim let us "crash" a wedding to see Ricky live and in action. Shout out to that Bride and Groom! They even took the time to assure us, we would not regret booking Music in Motion... and they are right. Ricky helped us plan the music for our evening from start to finish. He even took on our last minute song changes with no hesitation. He even suggested we get the crowd dancing with us before dinner. We thought it was crazy, but loved the idea of it being different than the norm. It paid off big time! Our family and friends continue to talk about that moment along with how they never wanted to leave the dance floor all night along! We couldn't thank Ricky and Music in Motion enough for making our wedding the best! Thank you!!!

Sent on 10/30/2018

Jennifer 路 Married on 09/01/2018

Music in Motion was more than accommodating, not only was it a short notice wedding, we had a last minute venue change due to the weather. JD was fun, and did everything we requested! The price was a great deal for the awesome service we recieved!

Sent on 09/07/2018

Allison 路 Married on 08/11/2018

Tim was sincerely a pleasure to work with! He checked in throughout the year prior to the wedding, and was incredibly timely in his responses. He was flexible and efficient on the wedding day, sounded great, got everyone up and going, and respected the volume level when needed. Planning forms online were easy to use, and if he didn't have it, he made it super easy to obtain. DJ's always make me nervous, I don't know that I would use one outside of Tim again...couldn't thank him enough!

Sent on 08/20/2018

Maggie 路 Married on 06/29/2018

Tim Hicks was the best DJ around! I planned my wedding from out of town so all of our communication was over email. He had great planning resources on the website and responded promptly to emails. Tim made sure we knew how introductions and speeches would go and he played great music all night. The dance floor was always full! Tim was kind, fun, and professional and I can't recommend him highly enough!

Sent on 07/11/2018

Beth 路 Married on 06/10/2018

Tim Hicks was amazing! We wanted a party on the dance floor and Tim delivered. We appreciated being able to provide our input. Music In Motion has a user friendly website; communicates in a timely manner; is professional.

Sent on 06/26/2018

Mary 路 Married on 06/02/2018

Music In Motion is great! Tim is easy to communicate with and continues to keep in touch with you during the process. We had Jimmy as our DJ, and he was amazing. He got and kept people on the dance floor during the reception. Everyone was dancing till the end. Definitely recommend this company and Jimmy.

Sent on 06/07/2018

Haley 路 Married on 05/18/2018

Hiring Tim for our wedding was by far the best choice we could have made! The whole process was so easy and convenient. Since I was planning my wedding from out of state I was specifically looking for convenience and someone who was good at communicating via email. Tim did not disappoint in any aspect! The Best Man was unsure if he was going to speak at the wedding or not (we opted to ask who if anyone wanted to speak or not) we told Tim before dinner service started that he wasn't going to be making a speech. He went with the flow on everything and it was perfect! I have heard nothing but good things about our wedding and everyone loved how much we enjoyed ourselves dancing! I didn't want to leave the dance floor! Thank you for everything Tim! It couldn't have been better!

Sent on 05/30/2018

Delaney 路 Married on 05/18/2018

Music in Motion was the best DJ service we could have ever had. Honestly, from the moment we first met to our actual wedding, the communication we received was incomparable. Tim was always checking in and as a stressed out bride it was amazing to have a vendor who was doing this! We had Jimmy Styx DJ our wedding and we were so incredibly happy with him! He was an outstanding DJ who had everyone out on the floor the ENTIRE time up until the end. What more could you want?! He made everything feel so smooth and relaxed for Ross and I, which made our wedding day so amazing. I know many people boast about the vendors they chose, but I can honestly say MIM was the best choice we made for our wedding day. I wish I could put into words how truly incredible this company is. If you want a company who treats you like a top client, communicates with you and gets back to you very quick, and last but not least, keeps your guests dancing until the very last minute, then you should choose MIM for your dj needs!!! I will be recommending them to anyone I know looking for these services!!!

Sent on 06/07/2018

Katie 路 Married on 04/14/2018

Music in Motion came highly recommended to us and we could not be happier with our reception. Tim was great to work with, quickly responded to our emails and questions and checked in with us regularly during the planning process to see if we needed anything. Tim did a great job knowing our guests and everyone had a great time dancing! We would highly recommend!

Sent on 05/12/2018