Music In Motion Reviews

184 Reviews for Music In Motion

• Jordan

Jordan McBride · Married on 12/28/2019

Best DJ for your money!

We spoke with Tim throughout most of the planning process. He was amazing at keeping in touch and letting us know he didn’t forget about us. He made us feel like more than just another customer. The day of we had Jimmy as our DJ. He was dress perfectly for the event and made sure that all of our dances and speeches ran smoothly! Jimmy not only followed our music requests, he was able to read the crowd and make sure there were always people on the dance floor! We have heard from multiple guests how much fun they had at the wedding and most of that was because of Jimmy’s amazing DJ skills!

Sent on 01/08/2020

Bethany Woodyatt · Married on 12/28/2019

Music In Motion

Our reception music and guest's time on the dance floor were two things we cared a lot about. We loved having JD Mason as our DJ and so appreciated the timely communication of Tim Hicks in the months leading up to our wedding. Guests complimented the music and had a blast on the dance floor. They went above and beyond to make sure all aspects of the sound, lighting and entertainment were exactly as we wanted them to be!

Sent on 01/18/2020

Tanya · Married on 12/28/2019

effortless

Everything from planning to execution was effortless. I am a meeting planner by trade and I was able to sit back and relax knowing everything was taken care of for our reception. Our guests had a BLAST -we didn't want to stop the party!

Sent on 01/20/2020

Lauren Langhammer · Married on 12/21/2019

Tim was amazing!

My wife and I just had our wedding this past December with Tim as our DJ. He was incredibly responsive and helpful through every step of our planning process. My wife and I primarily let Tim handle a majority of the song selection and he truly delivered. The dance floor was packed with people dancing all the way up until the reception ended. If we know anyone getting married in the future we will definitely recommended Tim and Music in Motion.

Sent on 01/05/2020
  • Ashley

Ashley Tyre · Married on 11/22/2019

Boogie the night away!

We had the chance to see Tim in his element at a friends wedding and we remembered how much fun we had, that we were constantly on the dance floor, and that the night just ran so smoothly! Once we got engaged we were so excited to plan this part of the night and talking with Tim was on the top of our list!

We sat down with Tim and it was just so fun hearing him talk about music, keeping the dance floor going and how he reads a room to get things to stay active and fun! We knew that he had so much knowledge and this was something he loved to do and would help the night be everything we wanted it to be.

Tim encourages no more than about 10 must play songs for the night so he has the ability to add in songs and make sure the guests are enjoying things as well. So we chose to make a spotify playlist of songs we both loved for cocktail hour so during the dancing time Tim wasn’t tied down to all our must play songs. It was a great decision and Tim added great songs to lengthen the time for cocktail hour and it flowed so nicely! He helped make the timing of the night go smoothly from introductions into cake into speeches and first dances!

Once we got into the dancing part of the night that is where Tim's skills shined. His ability to read the room and see where the energy on the dance floor was going really took the party to the next level. By choosing to let Tim run the music for the dancing part of our wedding took so much stress off the planning process and it paid off on our big night. Of course you will have those party animals at your wedding making random song requests. Tim will protect the party and filter through requests in a professional manner. We received so many compliments on our wedding and the one we received the most about was the music! We are so thankful and lucky we had Tim at our big day he really delivered everything and more for us.

There is no need to look any further for a DJ for your wedding or event. Trust Tim and the Music in Motion team to take your event to the next level they truly are the best in the business.

Sent on 12/06/2019

Morgan · Married on 11/16/2019

Fun, Kind, Awesome DJ

I was very cautious about who I chose to DJ my wedding because both families and all our friends love to party, so we wanted to make sure that we set ourselves up for success. Tim. Was. AWESOME. I was actually sick on the wedding day and Tim was so helpful and kind. He made sure we were all in the loop and he kept checking in with me to make sure I was feeling okay and if I wanted to delay something so I could go sit down. Honestly, it felt like he was more of a family friend. With this, he was still an amazing professional. He takes his job very seriously. And his job is to make sure that 1- the schedule is what the bride and groom want, and 2- that everyone has fun. And he was very successful. I cannot thank Tim enough for what he did for us on our day and how amazing of a job he did. If you need a DJ in the area who will pump up your guests and do a seriously awesome job- give Tim a call. Thanks for everything, Tim!
    The Ammirati-Robert Family

Sent on 12/12/2019
  • Lindsay

Lindsay · Married on 10/19/2019

Danced the night away with Music in Motion

Choosing Music in Motion as our reception DJ was one of the best choices we made! Tim Hicks was absolutely wonderful to work with. He was super attentive with all of my questions and clarification requests leading up to the big day. Especially when we had a little snafu with a microphone system for our ceremony officiant. Tim was there to solve all problems and make our day amazing. Multiple guests have let me know how amazing the music selection was and everyone looked like they were having a blast dancing the night away. Thank you guys!

Sent on 10/23/2019

Amy · Married on 10/05/2019

Amazing DJ!

Tim was absolutely amazing!! We booked Tim off of the reviews that we had read, and they couldn't of been more true. He emailed us throughout the year after booking with him just to "check in." He was super professional and very flexible. On the day of our wedding, he had the crowd on the dance floor the whole night. We received many compliments about how fun our DJ was. I am so happy we decided to go with Tim! Thank you again for a wonderful and fun night.

Sent on 10/28/2019

Glenda · Married on 09/21/2019

Wedding DJ

We hired Music in Motion for my daughter's wedding last weekend.We hired them almost a year out from the wedding. From our initial contact with them, they were very professional and always very responsive. The dance floor was packed the entire night and that was our goal. Also, great cocktail and dinner hour music. Highly recommend Music in Motion for your wedding DJ.

Sent on 09/27/2019

Music In Motion's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words Glenda! I’ll be sure to pass them on to Jimmy, he said that you guys were such an incredible and fun group and it was a pleasure to be a part of your celebration! Keep in touch :-)
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 09/21/2019

Music in Motion

Music in Motion was just great! We had Ricky djing our wedding and was fabulous! Played all the songs us and everyone wanted and went off of the crowd. If they weren’t dancing he would play something upbeat and get people up! Would highly recommend!

Sent on 11/11/2019

Carissa · Married on 09/14/2019

Make It, Don't Break It

When planning a wedding, the music is one of the most critical aspects to hosting the BEST party! DJ's are known to "make it or break it" and Tim Hicks knows how to Make It the best day of your life, not only for you but your guests as well! We had SOOOO much fun at our wedding and more often than not you couldn't find a single person sitting in their seat for they were busy dancing the night away! Not only does Tim and his team have some great talent they are also so great to work with! Don't let just any ol' DJ break your wedding, and let Music in Motion MAKE your wedding!

Sent on 09/25/2019

· Married on 09/14/2019

Excellent DJ Company

Thank you Music in Motion - it was a wonderful day! Everything was perfect. My husband and I thought Ricky did an awesome job the day of the wedding! I loved the music and had multiple compliments on the variety of songs played. Everyone really enjoyed the reverse anniversary dance, very unique. Even my uncle got up to join. It was a very special night and Music in Motion definitely helped create that party atmosphere. The planning process was clear and concise. Also, I thought it was a really nice that DJ Tim emailed/reached out to us throughout the year leading up to the wedding. It helped create more of a relationship and is something that stands out from all our other vendors.

Sent on 11/08/2019
  • Jacqueline

Jacqueline · Married on 09/07/2019

Best DJ Ever!

I hired Tim Hicks with Music in Motion for our wedding on July 27, 2019. Music in Motion was one of the recommended vendors from our venue so I did my research and decided to contact him. I live in California and wasn’t able to meet Tim in person so I emailed him to discuss his DJ packages and what he had to offer. He was very responsive and professional. He answered all of my questions and was very helpful. I decided to hire him and I’m so glad that I did! We planned everything with Tim via email or his website which was very easy to use and then met Tim the night of our wedding. Tim was so friendly and down-to-earth when we met him and was just a super cool guy! I may be biased but I’ve never been to a wedding before where people were dancing ALL night long. Many of us didn’t want to leave at the end of the night because we wanted to continue to let Tim do his work! I definitely danced my heart out that night. The next day, people were coming up to us to tell us what a great job Tim did and how much fun they had at our wedding. Tim did such an awesome job for us and I can’t recommend him highly enough! You can definitely tell that Tim loves what he does and takes great pride in his work.

Sent on 10/06/2019

Brittany · Married on 09/06/2019

The Best!!!

Couldnt of chosen a better DJ for our wedding. I had been to two previous weddings where MIM was their DJ and had chosen them for mine also. We had Jimmy and he did awesome! I had written so many notes for him for certain songs, especially our recessional song & he timed it perfectly. We’ll be having MIM again in 2020 for my sisters wedding!

Sent on 09/09/2019

Music In Motion's reply:

Congrats again you guys, thanks so much for the kind words! We wish you the best on your future together! (:
  • Mica

Mica D'Achille · Married on 08/23/2019

Most Lit Dance Floor Ever!

Two months later, we still have friends and family telling us how amazing our dance floor was, and that is all thanks to Tim Hicks! I put together a small list of songs to play, but honestly, it was not necessary at all. Tim read the crowd all night and played the perfect mix of songs to keep our dance floor packed throughout our entire reception. From start to finish, he made the entire process so easy and clear, and helped us with any question we had. I could not recommend him enough!

Sent on 10/25/2019
  • Mark

Mark · Married on 08/17/2019

The dance floor was moving all night!

We recently had the pleasure of working with Tim for our wedding at the Starline Factory. He was professional and great to work with through the entire process. He had great attention detail accommodating our special requests and timing edits flawlessly. Most importantly he kept things running on time and the dance floor moving the entire night. We received many compliments from our guests on what a great job he did. We would highly recommend Tim for weddings or any other events requiring DJ services!

Sent on 09/15/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda Nundahl · Married on 07/13/2019

Extremely Professional

I can’t say enough about Tim Hicks with Music in Motion! My husband and I were able to just sit back and relax because Tim had it all covered - to the point where we realized we had nothing to cut our cake with and when my husband went to tell him he could just move to the next song, Tim pulled a butter knife out from behind the DJ booth!! Our guests kept talking about how awesome the music was - and there was definitely a big dance party all the way until the last song. We are so thankful that we chose to go with Music in Motion and would highly recommend them!

Sent on 07/18/2019

Cheri · Married on 07/06/2019

Awesome job!

Tim is such an awesome DJ! Our guests never wanted to leave the dance floor. He played all the best songs and just overall did an amazing job. Tim was so accommodating and kind! We highly recommend him😊

Sent on 07/26/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Benson · Married on 06/30/2019

Amazing dj

Amazing DJ that reads the crowd and kept people dancing all night long.

Sent on 07/03/2019

Katie · Married on 06/29/2019

Would Definitely Recommend

Tim was the DJ for our wedding on June 29, 2019 and was fantastic! He was very flexible and reassuring when our venue changed our reception room 2 hours before the start of the wedding. The dance floor was packed all night and all of our guests raved about how great our DJ was! Tim was helpful from start to finish and I would definitely recommend Music in Motion.

Sent on 07/06/2019
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 06/21/2019

Wedding Reception

There was a miscommunication with who we thought our DJ was going to be, but it all turned out great. Tim was fantastic with answering all emails very quickly (which was very convenient while wedding planning). Jimmy was our DJ and he was awesome. He was super friendly. He kept people on the dance floor and was very accomodating. When my photographer and videographer were going to leave, he made sure to find me to let me know so we could fit in the parent dances and bouquet toss before they left. I would totally recommend Jimmy and Music in Motion.

Sent on 06/24/2019

Karen Senette · Married on 05/31/2019

Great experience!

We were so happy with our decision to use Tim and Music in Motion as our wedding DJ. Tim was an amazing communicator and helped us to make sure we were fully prepared leading up to our wedding. On the day of the ceremony Tim was great at checking in with us and ensuring that we remained on schedule. Most importantly, our dance floor was constantly fueled by the great music and energy that Tim provided. Thank you so much, Tim!

Sent on 06/02/2019
  • Allie

Allie Skurski · Married on 05/25/2019

Very Professional and Fun at the Same Time!

We can't say enough great things about Tim Hicks! We booked him fairly early since we had a 2 year engagement and a popular wedding date. He would check in every so often just to see how we were doing or if we had any questions; over a span of a year and a half! Some of our other vendors we didn't hear from until maybe a month before the wedding, which made us nervous. Tim was so fun, followed our strict 'no country music' request even when guests requested country songs. He played the exact type of music we asked for on our preference sheet, yet still had the flexibility to play music that all generations could enjoy. Tim was fantastic at coordinating the bridal party lineup for introductions and giving us the peace of mind to just let him do his thing! We had forgotten to let him know about a fun little 'cake in the face' display, which by not giving him advanced notice, messed with his timeline. He was very professional, quick on his feet and flexible with an announcement for the display on the spot.

Sent on 07/30/2019
  • Katie

Katie Wilson · Married on 05/04/2019

Memorable DJ

My husband and I first heard Tim's work 10 years ago at a high school dance. When it came time to pick a DJ for our wedding, we had no doubt who we wanted to hire. Tim is an amazing DJ, and keeping his contact information for 10 years is just proof of that. We were ecstatic with the services he delivered, and he has even found ways to improve in the past decade that left him even more memorable than before.

Sent on 05/14/2019
  • Alex

Alex · Married on 02/02/2019

Amazing Experience for our Wedding!

I used Ross and Music in Motion for my wedding this past weekend and they did an amazing job! Everyone had such a great time and danced all night long! The website was super easy to navigate and I loved being able to customize all our wedding songs without going back and forth between and million emails. He handles the music, uplighting, spot light and the monogram we had projected on the dance floor. We are BEYOND happy with our experience and would recommend to anyone looking to have a great time! Thank you so much Ross and Crew for making our reception the best party we have ever thrown!

Sent on 02/08/2019