DJ MisterE Reviews

54 | Los Angeles, CA

54 Reviews for DJ MisterE

Amber · Married on 06/27/2015

We hired Evan/DJ Mister E as our DJ for our wedding and he did an awesome job. Everyone at our wedding had a fun time and loved all the music he played.

From our very first meeting with Evan he was friendly and we were impressed with his knowledge of music. Evan takes the time to listen and cater the music to your personal style and helps you with the music, lighting and flow of your event. He is professional and very knowledgeable about music, putting on a good dance party and weddings. He helped us keep on schedule for the wedding when we were talking too much and not paying attention to our schedule/time, he would kindly and politely remind us about the mother/son dance and when it was time for the hora and cake cutting.

We still have guests saying how much fun they had during the hora, how perfect the dinner music was and how much fun they had on the dance floor. We went with Evans suggestions and owe it to him to making it the best reception.

We plan on using Evan again for any big events we have in the future. We feel like we hired a DJ but also gained a friend.

If you're looking for a DJ, you should stop looking and just hire Evan.

Blake · Married on 07/06/2013

I would recommend DJ MisterE for your wedding DJ! Our wedding reception was so much fun. Everyone had a great time listening to their favorite, requested dance music. We have been receiving compliments on how wonderful of a job he did keeping them engaged and on the dance floor throughout the night. The guests absolutely did not want the party to end!! Evan, thank you for helping make our wedding celebration absolutely perfect!

Anders · Married on 05/04/2013

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank DJ MisterE and his team! You know you picked the right DJ to play your wedding when your guests are still raving about them weeks after the wedding! As a bride, I was so relieved to see guests up and dancing before the salads were served and continued through the entire evening! Evan and his team made every effort to get to know my husband and I's musical tastes, and, tailored our set list to please us and keep our guests dancing the entire evening. He is a true professional and enjoys what he does. My husband is Czech, and, he went the extra mile to really understand and incorporate a Czech wedding reception tradition we wanted to incorporate into our reception. I will always highly recommend Evan & his team of professionals - and - keep him in mind for any/all future affairs my husband and I may host in the future! Thanks again DJ MisterE! Excellent job!

Annesia · Married on 04/27/2013

DJ MisterE and his team are the best! We are so happy with our choice. Evan has an extensive music knowledge and library. But perhaps the most important factor was that it was clear from our first meeting that he doesn’t just play his favorite music. He spent the time to understand our taste in music, and he also knows how to read the crowd. Our party really felt like it was just for us. He and his team were extremely easy to work with, professional, helpful and fun. He kept all of us on our feet the entire night!! We could not have asked for a better DJ!!

Cricket · Married on 04/20/2013

We specifically hired Evan to dj at our event, and from start to finish he was amazing. He took the time to meet with us twice, and find out what we were really looking for in a dj.
    He kept the crowd dancing the whole night(which was really important to us). Our group was small and diverse and he made everyone feel extremely comfortable. The guests and other vendors had only great things to say about him. He is warm, professional, personable and phenomenal at reading a room - I promise that you will not be disappointed.

• W

William · Married on 04/13/2013

The music was perfect for our event. Your judgement on what to play and when was spot on! We received many compliments on the music from all ages! It absolutely couldn't have been any better. Thank you for helping make our wedding the fabulous celebration that it was.

Ash · Married on 04/06/2013

We loved loved loved our DJ! We had heard DJ MisterE at a different wedding and we were immediately drawn to his company. They were fantastic to work with and matched our style with the perfectly. We liked how he read the crowd, kept the dancing going, and helped us with the over all flow of the night. We picked our DJ because we liked his ability to mix songs and over lay certain tracks. He listened to our requests but knew when the time was right to play certain songs. He were very fast with correspondence via email, and I always felt in the loop.

Tara · Married on 03/30/2013

Thank you so much for being a part of our wedding day! The service we received during every step of the planning process was exceptional! Evan was an amazing DJ and kept the party going and people on the dance floor throughout the night! Evan was also extremely accommodating throughout the night and was a joy to work with. The service and performance of your company helped us achieve the party atmosphere we were hoping for for our wedding reception. We will definitely be calling on you for all our DJ needs in the future and will let all of our friends know about the amazing service we received. Thank you for helping to make our day absolutely magical!

Taylor · Married on 03/23/2013

DJ MisterE recently DJ-ed my wedding in March. DJ MisterE was incredibly easy and pleasant to work with. He more than went out of his way to communicate thoroughly with me during the planning process. He answered any and all questions I had and even double-checked to make sure he had the correct versions of the songs my husband and I wanted played. He followed our playlist and took special requests with ease, perfection and a big smile. We had such a blast that my mom paid him to keep the music going a bit longer. Not only was a he a great DJ, but he went with flow and put up with a lot of picture requests- I think he even took one with my little 1 yr. old niece. I will recommend DJ MisterE to any bride/party-thrower I talk to.

Evy · Married on 03/16/2013

Thank you so much for being a part of our wedding day! The service we received during every step of the planning process was exceptional! Evan was an amazing DJ and kept the party going and people on the dance floor throughout the night! Evan was also extremely accommodating throughout the night and was a joy to work with. The service and performance of your company helped us achieve the party atmosphere we were hoping for for our wedding reception. We will definitely be calling on you for all our DJ needs in the future and will let all of our friends know about the amazing service and incredible value we received through DJ MisterE. Thank you for helping to make our day absolutely magical!

cyndi · Married on 03/09/2013

LOVE! I had SO much fun at my wedding thanks to DJ MisterE. Evan was our DJ and we cannot say enough good things about him! He kept the dance floor filled all night! Everyone was sad when the last song was played. We needed someone that could play a variety of music, old, new, spanish, dance, rock, etc. Evan was the man! We gave him a list of songs we liked, but only about 4 songs were on our "must play" list. He did not need help though. The music was probably the part of the wedding that I stressed the most about because we had such a variety of people, but Evan made everyone happy, and that's saying a lot, since my family can be hard to please! haha.

Stephanie · Married on 03/02/2013

DJ MisterE is a fantastic DJ and really helped our wedding go to the next level. He helped us with everything from the start to finish and was very friendly and knowledgeable every step of the way. Evan started by getting an idea of what kind of ceremony we wanted and then tailoring the music and announcements around us. At the wedding, Evan helped with announcements and pulled off the music we requested without a hitch. He has so many songs that even some obscure requests were available. Everyone enjoyed the music thoroughly and Evan had a true sixth sense for helping with any extra announcements that were needed, even on the spot.

Porter · Married on 02/23/2013

I dont even know where to begin! Evan is the owner and he did our wedding. He was beyond awesome!!! Evan was a recommendation from a friend of mine, and he also did a close friend of ours wedding, which was a fun surprise. Everyone loves him!
    Over the course of my year and a half engagement my husband and I were able to add songs to this online playlist - adding little notes like Bouquet Toss song, etc... we also added must play songs, do not play songs and we could update it whenever we wanted. A couple weeks before our wedding we met with him and finalized everything and he really helped us pick our processional music because i was stumped.
    He really got to know us and the type of music we like and on the night of we had people on the dance floor from 8pm-12am! Everyone danced all night long - it was so amazing!!! He truly helped to make it one of the best nights of my life - so memorable, so much fun!!

Garrett · Married on 02/16/2013

Our wedding was awesome, largely in part because of DJ MisterE, our DJ, helped throw such a fun party. The dance floor was packed the whole time. He was very attentive to detail and really helped us all through the key moments. He was not a hokey DJ at all, in fact, he pretty much only talked when absolutely necessary. DJ MisterE will ask in advance what "group" songs you wouldn't mind being played. We told them Cha-Cha Slide, but only if the dance floor was empty; that song didn't get played. Evan read the mood of the crowd perfectly and seemed to know exactly what to play and when. Thank you DJ MisterE for making our day perfect!

Laurie · Married on 02/09/2013

You can take care of the dress, the centerpieces, etc. and have confidence in DJ MisterE that they will handle the party!!! My feet still hurt months later (lol) because I did not come off the dance floor. He is just magical when it comes to playing the right music for the crowd at hand. He knew how to keep people engaged and it really felt like he knew us as a couple. We had interacted several times (first meeting, picking songs from his awesome selection, planning ceremony music, etc) and each time it felt like we were talking with a friend. He is so kind, gentle, and patient and truly loves his work. I would think of him as a guest at our wedding rather than a vendor. I had initially asked my fiancée if people can talk off bad reviews because I couldn’t believe anyone would have ALL 5’s but now I know why. Thank you, Evan, for the incredible memories that we will cherish for a lifetime! The Reynold’s

Delanie · Married on 02/02/2013

The music was perfect for our event. Your judgement on what to play and when was spot on! We received many compliments on the music from all ages! It absolutely couldn't have been any better. Thank you for helping make our daughter's wedding the fabulous celebration that it was.
    Delanie

Kylie · Married on 02/02/2013

Absolutely fantastic! DJ MisterE is a total pro and you can tell he really just loves music. He was happy to humor our few requests and overall played a great selection of music. Our guests didn't stop dancing the whole night. People that never dance we're dancing. I swear. He's great and really made the night perfect.

Evie · Married on 01/26/2013

DJ MisterE was our DJ and everyone absolutely loved him. He was very professional and always knew how to please our guests with the music selections. If you are thinking about having a DJ at your wedding, I highly recommend contacting DJ MisterE. When we met with Evan we told him exactly what we wanted and we were very pleased with everything. we will always be grateful for the amazing service we got. Thanks to DJ MisterE for making our wedding day so special :)

Mia Rose · Married on 01/19/2013

Evan was so professional but fun. He was organized but not stuffy. Our reception was a blast. We had read through the reviews and saw a lot of people saying the "he kept the party moving" but until you experience it, it's unimaginable. He had people on the dance floor that I would have never dreamed would have danced. I recommend Evan and his team for any and all parties that you may have.

Tinley · Married on 01/12/2013

We loved loved loved our DJ! We had heard DJ MisterE at a different wedding and we were immediately drawn to him. He was fantastic to work with and matched our style with the perfectly. We liked how he read the crowd, kept the dancing going, and helped us with the over all flow of the night. We picked our DJ because we liked his ability to mix songs and over lay certain tracks. He listened to our requests but knew when the time was right to play certain songs. Evan was outstanding to work with. He was very fast with correspondence via email, and I always felt in the loop. I highly recommend this DJ to everyone I meet.

Allison · Married on 01/05/2013

I have never been more pleased to write a review! Thank you Evan, for all that you did to make our wedding such a memorable and fun evening! You brought it all together and did such a fabulous job at entertaining all of us. Everyone had a great time. Your selection of music kept everyone dancing, as well as all of the personal requests that you handled on the spot. You also went out of your way to help out our the officiator with your cordless microphone. It was a pleasure to do business with your company. Everything from communication, value to professionalism was first class! I wish everyone conducted their business with the same care and attention. We will definitely call you for any future events, as well as recommend you to our friends and family. I highly recommend DJ MisterE for any event. Again, Thank you so much!!

Jack · Married on 01/05/2013

The DJ for our wedding was fantastic! We spoke to someone on the phone a few weeks before the wedding and went over everything. When we arrived at the Grove everything was set up perfect and he played all the songs we had requested for the ceremony. At the reception, he was basically the MC and organized when the speeches were done, garter and bouquet toss, as well as playing really good dance music! We highly recommend Evan (DJ MisterE)

Milly · Married on 10/27/2012

I can't begin to say how much I loved DJ MisterE. Evan - he is honestly the BEST EVER. He also acted as our MC and was great. He got everyone dancing and kept them on the floor....he was entertaining, energetic. He honestly made our day. I had so many of my guests coming up to me asking where i found him. He is so down to earth and laid back and not to mention organized. We had numerous things from videos to power point presentations and he had everything ready to go at the right time.....I would recommend him above and beyond any other DJ out there....:)

• F

Felicia · Married on 10/26/2012

We have DJ MisterE to thank for helping us throw such an amazing, unforgettable wedding reception. I would never have predicted that our family and friends would not get off the dance floor but that is exactly what happened. Evan put together such a fantastic soundtrack that guests could not resist. We have had so many people tell us that they have not had that much fun in a long time.. It was such great feedback to hear. Evan was right on cue about song selection, timing, mood, volume, etc throughout the entire night – cocktail hour was mellow, dinnertime music was appropriate, and the post-dinner dance party was perfect apparently. I can’t express how much fun we had that night – and the atmosphere that Evan set had so much to do with that. (My husband and I were even able to sit and eat dessert while the party continued on the dance floor!)
    I have to say that researching DJ’s was tough for us as it’s not something you can taste, sample, or view in a look book. However, once we metEvan we hit it off immediately. He is so nice, professional, passionate about music, and trusting. He received rave reviews from our other vendors who see him in action regularly and now I know why! Thanks so much, Evan to you and your terrific staff.

Charci · Married on 10/20/2012

DJ MisterE was fabulous! Professional in every sense of the word, yet fun and hip. Evan met me prior to our wedding at the venue because it's a new one for weddings and events here in Los Angeles . Evan and his team even came the morning of to ensure that everything was set up just right before the reception. Thanks to all of you!! Evan not only acted as our DJ, but our Master of Ceremonies. He was on top of it!! Thank you for helping out with anything we asked, your flexibility, and the ease of it all. You made our wedding day flow so well. My husband commented several times after the wedding on just how on top of everything you were. Thanks Evan for making our day incredible.