DJ Bryan K Reviews

47 | Los Angeles, CA

47 Reviews for DJ Bryan K

47 DJ Bryan K Reviews

TZ · Married on 12/02/2017

This is a review that has been a long time coming!

My wife and I had our wedding last December in Sequoia National Park and we met Bryan here on Wedding Wire. From the initial contact, Bryan was extremely prompt in responding, informative and up front about everything.

Leading up to the Reception, Bryan was very professional and detail-oriented throughout our several phone meetings to plan out our music list, floor plans, itinerary, lighting, etc. He even managed to accommodate some rather esoteric music requests we had!

Bryan was also a pleasure to work with in person. He arrived to our location one day in advance to set up and showed up early on the big day to make sure everything was running smoothly. He was courteous to everybody including the guests as well as the venue staff.

At the Reception, his execution was superb - and we couldn't have been happier! He was also great at reading the crowd and was able to add in some of his own music depending on the energy on the dance floor. All of our guests had a great time and we got countless compliments on our music (thanks to Bryan's work) for several months afterwards, as well as requests for Bryan's contact information and our play list.

My wife and I thank Bryan for his great work at our wedding and the greatest testimony we could give is that not only would we recommend him to our friends and family, we would choose him again if we had to do our wedding all over again!

Cheryl · Married on 06/25/2017

Tom and I are from Chicago and decided to have a destination wedding. We had no idea where to find a DJ for our wedding in CA. We went to the Wedding Wire website and viewed the various DJ's and decided to contact Bryan after reading the reviews. He was very prompt in getting back to us. He was very professional, very easy to work with long distance, price was reasonable, and his website for planning the wedding music during the evening was easy to navigate. We had a "Gatsby" themed wedding on the Queen Mary in Long Beach and Bryan even joined in the Gatsby attire. The entire night went very smoothly from 20's-30's dinner music, to funky, fun music for all . We had guests dancing that never danced before in the years that I have known them. Bryan was very timely in getting to the venue and was all set up way before our wedding. I would highly recommend Bryan for weddings and any occasions that need a DJ! Thanks for making memories for us that will last a lifetime.

Andrea · Married on 11/12/2016

Bryan provided the DJ service for our wedding in November and we could not have asked for a better DJ! Bryan was so professional and helpful before the wedding, his online tools are fantastic and he was prompt and extremely helpful in working out music and order of events. Bryan than ran the music for our ceremony, cocktail hour, intros and reception flawlessly! I had SEVERAL people comment to me how great our DJ was. From the music at cocktail hour and dinner being perfect choices, to his equipment being so great that the speeches were clear and easy to hear and understand, and of course we appreciate how perfect everything seemed to flow thanks to his orchestration! We could not have asked for a better DJ and were so pleased with Bryan's help in making our day so special. We cannot recommend him highly enough!

Lisa · Married on 11/04/2016

I would recommend Bryan in a heartbeat! Everyone LOVED our DJ!! I think even a few selfies were taken! He kept everything at the reception on pace, played a great mix of songs, and transitioned from classic cocktail hour to dance party music easily. Bryan was also great to work with during planning stages, and just seemed like a really nice guy. I would definitely hire him again for a future event!

Diane · Married on 10/22/2016

Bryan was awesome!! He was very professional and prompt and ran our reception very well!!! He played all the songs we asked for along with a nice mix of eras. He also played the music at our ceremony which was outside and we had a VERY windy day. Before the guests arrived he was outside setting up his music he would go pick up all the guest chairs that kept blowing over. Nobody asked him to he just jumped in and helped!! That's a great guy!!! Highly recommend!!!

• F

Forrest · Married on 10/15/2016

Bryan (DJ Rocklights) was always very quick to respond to our questions, and worked with us to make sure that our schedule was perfect. He showed up to our final venue walk-through even though his presence was not required.

On the day of our wedding, he was there as soon as the venue opened to get everything set up. He worked with our ceremony musician and our ceremony readers and provided them with equipment. All of the music during our ceremony and cocktail hour went off without a hitch; people were really enjoying themselves. During dinner, he served as an excellent MC, and conducted the special dances and speeches we had planned with decorum and enthusiasm (including making sure than an unplanned, last-minute, schedule change was worked in flawlessly). During the dance, he played a perfect mix, based on our preferences, of oldies and current hits. He read the mood of the party very well, and kept our dance floor full the whole night.

We received numerous remarks from guests as to how great our DJ was. Additionally, he was very affordable! We would highly recommend Bryan to anyone looking for a wedding DJ!

Jackie · Married on 08/20/2016

Bryan was very responsive and very reasonable price! He did an amazing job at my wedding! Kept everyone up and dancing!

Brianna · Married on 06/11/2016

WOW- What can we say? DJ Rocklights definitely delivered! From the very start Bryan was super easy to work with, professional & very flexible in arranging times to get us started. The interactive online website was super easy to use & allowed us to plan out the wedding list very easily. Bryan really listened to what we were striving for, and I don't think there was a single person who didn't dance at least once at our wedding! We were extremely pleased with our experience with DJ Rocklights & would hire him again in a second! We HIGHLY recommend his services to any couple who wants their wedding to be the best time ever!!!!!!

Jennie · Married on 05/29/2016

Mr. Rocklights! I can't tell you how much fun this DJ brought to our reception. My dad even liked the music and he refers to most music as "noise." He was so patient and easy-going with the whole process. I would recommend him to anyone. I now know how much a DJ can make or break the best part of the wedding, THE PARTY!

Natalie · Married on 10/23/2015

Kept people on the floor all night! Bryan was attentive to personal song choices and requests, and helped to make my wedding one of the best times that anyone ever had. Received numerous compliments! If you are looking for a down to earth, professional, fun and outgoing DJ for your wedding, find them all with DJ Rocklights. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Peter · Married on 10/11/2015

Where to start? So many good things have already been said, all of the good things true. I'd like to add some more that mostly hasn't been said.

I'm a serious musicophile. The music for this wedding was extremely important to me, as many members of my family are musicians. We were not disappointed.

Bryan was spectacular in his communication, his professionalism, his expert knowledge of music. Bryan was very generous with his time in advance of the event. His ability to hear things that we liked and then make additional suggestions which were exactly what we were looking for--but didn't even know it--was amazing. He was so spot-on, it was almost spooky (in a good way). There were several songs that we needed and couldn't find and Brian not only found them, but offered several different versions of each song with recommendations about which one to use. He was right on.

He was completely timely and efficient. He adjusted the program on the fly at my request (what DJ does that?) He was wonderful in his emceeing and managing the event so very smoothly.

I don't know how many people discuss their DJ's persona/stage presence/attire, but Bryan nailed all three. He added a real "cool factor" pop to the event.

Unfortunately, there were several awkward situations where we didn't know what to do. Bryan noticed the situations and saw our hesitation. The he stepped in seamlessly and dealt with the issues in a way that left everybody feeling good. A couple of times, he saw things brewing and fixed them before they were visible to most people. The volume was excellent from the start - it often isn't, in my experience. The sound was crystal clear (also not always the case) so he must use good equipment.

An elderly relative--a former professional singer--performed two songs and said he was an excellent accompianist. In more ways than one, he certainly was.

We were very pleased with DJ Rocklights. Throughout the wedding planning process all the way through the post-wedding follow-up, he was extremely professional and an excellent DJ. He responded to emails and phone calls almost instantly - very good communicator. His website for selecting the music you want is very well done and intuitive. There were a few songs he did not have in his library that we wanted so he purchased them for us, no questions asked. He was very good at offering music advice, MC advice, and timing suggestions when asked, but he was definitely not one of those overbearing DJs who talks a lot and makes themselves the center of the show. Our style was for him to be in the background and he did exactly as we asked. He was also very good at sensing the right time to play a certain song in order to pick up the energy when needed and slow things down at the right times. Truly a professional and we would strongly recommend him.

Katie · Married on 09/25/2015

Bryan was a phenomenal DJ, we can not begin to say enough nice things about him. Booking our DJ was one of the last things that we did, this is because everyones site and reviews we looked at just didn't seem right. We have been to weddings where the DJ takes over the mic all night and we were trying to avoid that at all costs. As soon as we met with Bryan, we knew he was the one for us. Bryan was personable, professional, and just plain cool. He was always very timely in returning emails and answering any questions we had. He also made sure to have a conference call with us prior to the wedding to make sure all final details were taken care of and walk us through the details of the day. On the day of the wedding, we had a last minute emergency with a piano player that was no longer able to play. Bryan saved the day at a last minute notice and found each song I had requested and used them at the ceremony. We are still receiving compliments from guests on how awesome the DJ was at our wedding. We would recommend Bryan to anyone we know looking for a DJ in a heartbeat!

Beth · Married on 09/12/2015

Brian was fantastic! We did some online research to narrow the list for DJs, and the other vendors my husband spoke with/visited either sounded like used car salesmen or seemed much more interested in performing a laser light show/rave than a wedding. They were also very expensive compared to Brian. In the phone interview with Brian we could tell he was a normal person, and he'd be very comfortable making simple announcements non-WWE style. We wanted a fairly classic wedding, and he delivered more than we could have asked for. His involvement on the wedding day was spot on- running the show calmly while just making the right amount of announcements. His planning website is fantastic, and allowed us to request all the songs we'd be interested in. However, in our final discussion with him, we let him know that we didn't want to curb his artistic side and to use his best judgment- Brian was excellent at reading the crowd, and we received several compliments regarding the music for the evening. Without even being asked, Brian set up a venue tour to familiarize himself with the setup, and was without a doubt our most well-prepared vendor! We would not hesitate to recommend Brian to anyone looking for a solid, reliable DJ!

Mariah · Married on 09/05/2015

Bryan was phenomenal. He offers an online planning form that helps organize before the big day. The guests and the whole wedding party could not stop talking about how good our dj was. He honestly does not charge enough for the services he provides and how he performs. He would respond promptly to any emails and the week of the wedding would call and work/walk through details. Bryan is truly great, and even came out to the venue to do a walk through. Any questions or requests I had he would make them happen. He was able to read the wedding so well and knew exactly what to play to get people up and moving. I REALLY liked how Bryan always checked in on my husband and I to see if we were having a good time. I cannot say enough good things about Bryan and would highly recommend him to everyone!

Brandon · Married on 08/02/2015

Bryan was outstanding. He was professional, entertaining, and friendly with all of us and our guests. We had some unusual songs and requests for the event and he accommodated us with no problems. He spent time ahead of the event checking out the venue with us and his website is useful in planning the music. We had an outstanding experience and we highly recommend his services.

Julia · Married on 07/25/2015

Bryan was an awesome DJ to work with! His online planning tool made the process so easy! Bryan was the most responsive vendor I worked with and we emailed about most of the details with the wedding. A couple days prior to the wedding Bryan and I spoke on the phone and we went over the final ceremony details. He did a great job helping me walk through the process and was very easy going with me by answering any questions I had. He was very professional and worked well with my venue's event coordinator. He was at the venue hours before the ceremony and did a great job keeping people dancing all night! Thank you again, Bryan!

Jane · Married on 06/20/2015

I don't know if I could have found a better DJ! Bryan Kimes was professional, detail orientated, timely, flexible and fun! Bryan made sure to contact me the week before the wedding so that we could go over details and he could practice saying our wedding party's names correctly. On the day of the wedding, he arrived hours early to set up and make sure everything was just as we had talked about. Right before our first dances, our entire wedding had to evacuate the tent due to a tornado!! Bryan grabbed his laptop and made a plan for the rest of the night in the small bridal dressing areas with 160 people. Luckily, we were able to go back to the tent after a short time and start the party. Bryan played such great music that we couldn't fit all of our wedding guests on the dance floor!!! Everyone loved it and our guests are still raving about how great the music was. I only wish I had worn more comfortable shoes. DJ Rocklights provided appropriate and fun music for our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception and I couldn't be more pleased.

My husband and I booked Bryan about a year and a half out... He helped me with everything and did a final meeting over the phone with us the week of our wedding to finalize details and help us pick songs out for things we missed! We got so many compliments about how great of DJ Bryan was-- I would highly recommend him to anyone who is planning a wedding or event!

Dave · Married on 05/02/2015

My wife and I had a wonderful experience working with Bryan Kimes (DJ Rocklights) during our wedding. He was very professional, organized and hit all the right notes throughout the evening. He was easy to communicate with and had good suggestions to questions we had during the process. He did a great job of reading the crowd during the reception. We only gave him a handful of songs and artists for the reception and he was able to turn that into a great list of songs that kept people dancing. Overall, we highly recommend Bryan Kimes for any event.

Nicole · Married on 04/25/2015

My new husband and I couldn't be happier with Bryan. He makes you feel at ease and comfortable the minute you meet. He's open to hearing all suggestions and also gives great perspective and guidance. I am 200% glad that we had him provide the DJ service for our reception! Our guests (and us) were so pleased with all of the music selections and how the entire evening flowed. He responds to any and every question a bride could possibly have very quickly and he never made me feel like I was being a burden. I would recommend to anyone to book Bryan for ANY event and not just a wedding. We know we'll be sharing his information with all of our friends and family!

Brittney · Married on 04/11/2015

Bryan was very attentive to my requests. He came a day in advanced to set up ( he doesn't have to, but wanted to). My guests enjoyed him so much, they paid for additional time.

Nick · Married on 11/01/2014

DJ Rocklights is a true pro, and helped us create a fantastic time for ourselves and guests for our wedding. From the actual ceremony through the reception, Bryan ensured that the flow of the flow of the evening was matched with great tunes. We pre-selected quite a bit of music, but also asked that Bryan employ his expertise and experience to ensure the reception was fun. He did that and more. With actual consultation prior to the wedding we felt at ease with his approach, and we can't say enough good things about our experience with Bryan. A true pro, and we would recommend him to anyone!

Jocelyn · Married on 10/12/2014

Bryan Kimes was wonderful! We were planning our wedding from out of state, and dealt with the stress and challenges that entailed. He promptly and professionally answered every single question I had, even the day before the event! His appearance and demeanor were impecable. He read the crowd well, and kept people on the dance floor. He was reasonably priced, and a true pleasure to work with.

I loved working with DJ Rocklights! I contacted him only 3 months prior to our wedding and he was able to accomodate us. We had a morning wedding and he was there setting up even before I got there to have my hair done and get dressed. From the moment I contacted him to the day of the wedding he was checking in with me to make sure he had all the details he needed without me having to worry about remembering to do anything. He responds REALLY quickly to e-mail too! If I had questions I got a response right away. As soon as we confirmed the date he got us set up with an online login so that we could request music and plan the event flow. He had frequently requested songs for the ceremony and reception, as well as top songs and different genres. In addition he found specific songs we requested for the ceremony processional and recessional. We had a very child friendly event and he found songs for the children too. I can't say enough good things about DJ Rocklights! His prices were just right too- I feel like I got a bargain. If you're looking for a DJ, look no further. He will take the time and effort to make your wedding exactly what you want it to be. We were very happy and I know you will be too!