33 Reviews for Dana Lavertu

MC (1)
One Event Per Day (1)
Microphones (1)
Sound/PA System (1)

Awesome service. listened to what I wanted- but had great ideas as well. Would definitely recommend.

Profile Picture Allison, 10/28/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Dana did a truly excellent job DJing our wedding at the Atlantic Oceanside in Bar Harbor! (We had him do reception only, not the ceremony.) Two days before our wedding, our originally scheduled DJ had an emergency and wasn't able to do the wedding anymore. Dana made himself available to us to figure out all the details to do our wedding at the last minute over the phone, and he was amazing to work with under those circumstances! My husband and all of our groomsmen are South African, and Dana was so flexible and and happy to learn to pronounce all of their names correctly as well as incorporate our favorite South African music that we got to him via DropBox. Due to our circumstances, we only met Dana for the first time AT the reception, and he was kind, energetic, flexible, and detail-oriented -- he followed every detail I had written out for him via email and worked with the venue staff seamlessly. (It also helped that he knew the Atlantic Oceanside and their staff very well -- if that's your venue, this is truly a perfect fit!) I can only imagine it would be stressful to take all that on at the last minute, but Dana was so laid back and fun that you would have never known! What a CHAMP! Our guests really loved him, as he was happy to take requests and engage with them when they had a question or request! Our reception and that dance party was an experience we will never, ever forget, all thanks to Dana stepping up and pulling it all off with less than 2 days of preparation!

Profile Picture Katherine, 9/23/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

There is no better choice than Dana Lavertu as DJ for your wedding. He met with us one month before the big day to put together our song list. From our selections, he artistically created such great playlists for the ceremony, for dinner music and for the dance floor! Thank you Dana for helping to make our wedding day the best day ever! Lisa and Paul

Profile Picture Lisa, 9/17/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Dana was so wonderful to work with. Thank you for putting the Father/Daughter music together. It was a hit. Guest had a great time dancing and request songs. Thank you for a great job!

Profile Picture Margret, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Dana was a better dj than we ever could have imagined. He met with us ahead of the wedding to plan and anticipated all the things we hadn't. He was flexible and professional, and on the wedding day everything went beautifully and smoothly. He played our playlist and helped us develop it more, and then knocked it out of the park for dancing. We had an incredible time and I recommend him enthusiastically.

Profile Picture M Jeanette, 8/12/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Dave was wonderful to deal with on all levels and was all set up and ready to go well before the wedding ceremony began. Very flexable with song requests and had a few surprises up his sleeve. We thank him for his constant professionalism and friendliness, and would recommend him to anyone who asked us for a DJ in their area for an event.

Profile Picture Kerry, 7/15/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Dana is the perfect choice for a wedding DJ! My wife and I couldn't have imagined a better day and a smoother process. What we didn't understand before meeting Dana is that he is a serious pro--he's done this sort of event probably thousands of times. When you've got only one shot to get your wedding right, you want it in Dana's hands. Not only did he provide every single song we asked for, but he also helped us plan out every moment of the reception. He even hooked our band up with sound and was able to provide perfect quality sound for the entire ceremony! We are so grateful we went with Dana!

Profile Picture Connor, 7/1/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Dana gives top notch service and is extremely thorough with every event he does. We have used him for our annual event for years and will continue to use him, when ever we need a DJ!

Profile Picture Jen, 12/12/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

I've booked Dana for years for our company parties and important events. He's always professional, has his equipment set up and ready to go, and I never have to worry about how the evening will flow when he is there. He's on top of what's going on in the party, and is excellent at reading the crowd and adjusting the music he's playing accordingly. I couldn't ask for better DJ services!

Profile Picture User7730984, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

The BEST decision we made during the entire wedding planning process was hiring DJ Dana Lavertu. Dana is an incredible DJ, but also SUCH a nice person! He was completely on top of his game- helped us call tables up for the buffet (something we totally forgot about!), played great music, responded intuitively to the crowd, took requests, and checked in with us a few songs towards the end to make sure we were happy. We were VERY happy! During the planning process he was professional, responsive, and very helpful! After the wedding everyone came up to us commenting on what a great DJ we had. We had to agree- Dana is the best!! The only bad part is that we live in Philadelphia and can't hire him down here!! :)

Profile Picture User4709180, 1+ year ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Excellent! He even went to far as to re-cut our first dance song for us (for free) so that it would be wedding-appropriate!

Profile Picture Chris, 10/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

Dana was great. He was very officiant, professional, kind and very helpful.
I would highly recommend his Dj services to other couples in the future.

Profile Picture Amanda, 10/1/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Dana was so professional, quick to respond, and I couldn't have asked for a nicer person to DJ our wedding. He responded to countless emails, made sure he had everything exactly how I envisioned, and provided a great night of entertainment. Our guests raved about our music from the cocktail hour to the last dance!

Profile Picture Megan, 9/24/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

Expect Dana to know what you want. He's flexible and easy to do business with. An excellent value.

Profile Picture Dan, 9/17/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

Greg Thibeault was my wedding reception dj. We met with him a few days before the wedding to pick our songs for our special dances and to talk about what types of music we liked. He was right on with everything. He even got more of our guests out on the dance floor than I expected!

Profile Picture User7828440, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Dana was easy to work with in every way. We communicated via email and in person. He was resourceful and eager to please. He shared his years of experience but was also open to what we wanted. We really wanted music that our guests would dance to and he made sure that the music was a great fit. Dana 's prices were very reasonable. We give him our highest recommendation!.

Profile Picture Colleen, 8/20/16, 1 Review
4.7

All you could ask for. Great sound, choice of music, professional and timely. Would certainly reccomend.

Profile Picture John, 7/23/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

After speaking with Dana over the phone, it was clear to my wife and I that Dana would be the perfect DJ for our wedding. He is a true professional, very responsive and you won't find a better DJ in the area. Thanks Dana for providing our guests with a great time!

Profile Picture User7616357, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
4.3

Dana did a great job listening to our requests and sticking to our "do not play" list. He was accommodating and willing to travel.

Profile Picture User7677748, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

This was the best DJ choice for us. Dana DJ'd my brother's wedding in 2013, my sister's in 2014, and mine in 2015 and he had the whole place dancing all night long, every single time. He's also not too "in your face." He keeps things moving along smoothly, but does that mostly through the music. He doesn't make your event about him--he makes it about you and your guests, which keeps the tone of the night true to what you want it to be. Book him! You won't regret it.

Profile Picture User7688885, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

I don't think you could find a better DJ in the Bangor area. He was very patient and accommodating throughout the entire process of planning our wedding. He took a lot of time with us to choose songs and plan a schedule for the reception. He kept the entire wedding running smoothly from beginning to end with seamless transitions. He took requests and everyone had a blast!

Profile Picture User5540543, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

Dana was wonderful to work with. He did my ceremony and reception in September 2016. He was very easy to talk with, made suggestions, and made sure the whole process went smoothly. I would definitely recommend him!

Profile Picture Jessica, 9/12/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Dana was great!!! We booked Dana for our wedding reception in our tent wedding. Starting with talking to him on the phone he was extremely easy to work with. We really appreciated how flexible he was with both the planning and in person on our wedding day. He had all the expert knowledge to help us with the structure of our wedding but was very flexible in trying to make our experience unique and what we wanted. He had all of our guests dancing until the end. We even had people chanting for "one more song!"

Profile Picture Amanda, 8/15/15, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Dana was great and kept our guests on the dance floor all night!

Profile Picture Sarah & Ross, 9/20/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

Dana and Scott were great to work with. They went beyond what we asked them to do and we were very grateful for having worked with such a professional, skilled group of guys. Everyone at the wedding commented on what a good job they did. I would recommend them to anyone and I will be using them again for events in the future.

Profile Picture User3117175, 2+ years ago, 1 Review