Dahlia Bridal Reviews

13 | San Diego, CA

13 Reviews for Dahlia Bridal

Catherine · Married on 02/21/2015

I found the one (the other one) here! This was the 4th or 5th shop I had tried on dresses at and wasn't sure a resale shop would have enough in my size. They have a shockingly large selection for a tiny store and I shouldn't have worried. Their facebook page highlights new arrivals and you can see quite a bit of the inventory before your appointment.

Most of the dresses are samples and some are pre-owned. The advantage there is that a pre-owned dress is likely already bustled and hemmed, if you get the right shoes you can save a bundle on alterations. All the dresses are selected carefully and are in perfect condition and cleaned before they hit the store.

You can also pick up veils, belts, jackets and headpieces for a steal. We saw $3000 and $2500 gowns for less than half. I found my perfect dress with the first one I tried on and hadn't seen anything like it at any of the larger boutiques. I also really liked that you get to go through the racks and pick dresses, the owner will help you but isn't overbearing. You can look as much as you like and you get to dress yourself.

Service was fantastic, we were running late and she still got us in and let me try 5 gowns and re-try my pick before her next appointment. The salon is super cute but very small so going with a ton of people is not ideal. I had two friends, which was plenty for good opinions but not too overwhelming. And they let you take as many pictures as you want so I could share with my mom who was out of town.

Overall, great selection, unique as it draws from numerous sources and incredible value. You can try on pre-owned without the hassle of those websites where you have to trust the dress is in decent condition.

Sent on 12/19/2014

Katie · Married on 08/09/2014

I was a bride who was sure I wouldn't find a dress that I fell in love with. Lauren at Dahlia Bridal changed all of that. She made me feel very comfortable, listened very closely to what I was looking for, and helped me find the perfect gown for my day. The value was incomparable to going anywhere else. The dress, though used, is in fabulous condition.

Sent on 03/25/2014

Kristen · Married on 07/19/2014

I had such a wonderful wedding gown experience at Dahlia Bridal! The boutique is nestled in the charming Point Loma area and is decorated beautifully. Walking up you know you are going to have a fun and unique experience as your name is written on the cute sign outside, and then inside you feel like you're in a pinterest/etsy ad haha. Honestly, I made an appointment just to check out the boutique because I was curious about sample and once-worn gowns, I had no intentions to purchase my wedding dress! There were sooo many dresses to choose from, from the rustic vintage bride to the modern fashionista! AND the prices couldn't be beat! Each dress was pristine! Cassandra was so knowledgeable and helpful in pulling dresses out for me. Finally, a gorgeous, normally out of my budget, Lazaro dress caught my eye and the next thing I know I'm writing a (very reasonable) check AND walking out of the store with dress in hand! The Lazaro gown was a sample but was in great condition! Thank you, Cassandra and Dahlia Bridal!

Sent on 07/28/2013

My experience with Dahlia's bridal was nothing short of perfect. I loved the small store and the personal attention. I came in with 3 close friends who helped pick out some items to try, i was concerned i was not going to find anything, and i fell in love with one of them. It was a truly "say YES to the DRESS" moment. I am so greatful for the experience. It was the moment i really felt like a bride and became even more excited about this experience. Beautiful store, amazing experience, could not have asked for anything better!!

Sent on 10/18/2013

I had a wonderful experience at this store. It was unlike any of the other stores I went to. It was a fun place to bring my girls with me to try on dresses. They have a large price variety. I bought my dress and veil here and was extremely happy with both.

Sent on 04/24/2014
  • Leticia

Leticia · Married on 10/12/2013

Love Love LOVE this place! I got a "Used" wedding dress from them for $375!!
    It was a sample gown with tags still in it. Did not have any marks. Was a little big but I will be getting it taken in.

They were easy to work with. Small space so don't bring more than 2-3 people with you. My Best friend is getting married next year. She came with me to look at the dress. She loved it she said she will be going there for her wedding dress.

Give them a try, don't spend big bucks for a one time dress.

Sent on 02/22/2013

Kenna · Married on 10/12/2013

I went to Dahlia bridal as my first stop in the hunt for my wedding dress. Cassandra got back to me right away on an appointment time, the shop itself is absolutely adorable, the selection was fantastic and she did a great job of guiding me to dresses within my budget. After trying on 10 dresses, of all different styles, I found my dress!!! It was so great to have Cassandra's undivided attention - the entire experience was more than I could have asked for. So great, that I bought the dress on the spot. My search began and ended with Dahlia Bridal - I highly recommend!

Sent on 07/15/2013
  • W

Wendy · Married on 09/29/2013

I loved the experience of dress shopping at Dahlia. It is clear the owner has a passion for helping each bride feel special and find their perfect dress for a great price. She hand picks each of her gowns and every dress in the salon was gorgeous!! I highly recommend Dahlia Bridal. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 07/22/2013

Beautiful little store, everyone on staff is so friendly and helpful! I tried on some very beautiful dresses! And the prices are unbeatable, you just can't get anything cheaper! Love love love!

Sent on 12/09/2013
  • W

Wendy · Married on 06/08/2013

From the first contact with Dahlia everything went perfectly. I emailed to make an appointment and Cassandra got right back to me. My matron on honor and I arrived at the studio on a Saturday morning and it was small but super cute, and they even had my name on the welcome chalkboard sign outside! They only have 1 appointment at a time so I received personalized attention from both Cassandra and the other girl (sorry I can't remember her name). They were just helpful, it never felt like pressure or a "sales pitch."

I fell in LOVE with the 2nd dress I tried on there. It fit me perfectly (just need to be hemmed to take up the length) and was super flattering on my body type. I tried on several other dresses to compare. I didn't buy it then because we had a whole day scheduled at David's Bridal and other places around town. The experience at every other store we went to compared to the experience at Dahlia. After trying on literally dozens of dresses and shopping for about 8 hours, my friend and I went home. I couldn't stop thinking about the dress at Dahlia. My friend told me to sleep on it, so I did and quite literally had an anxiety dream that I went to go buy that dress and someone else had snagged it! I woke up and told my friend I was sure and immediately called Dahlia. Thankfully, it was still there and I went and picked it up that morning!

Oh, I forgot to mention the best part. I didn't even look at the price when I tried it on the first time. It was brand new, with tags for $180!!!! Yes, that's right, my wedding dress cost less than my groom's shoes. It was the perfect dress for me and I didn't see anything that even came close to it at any of the other major bridal dress retail stores.

Sent on 07/19/2013

Erika · Married on 05/11/2013

This is the most sweetest store in all of San Diego. I have been dress shopping forever, then I came across Dahlia Bridal and it's a little hidden gem! Prices are great especially for what you're getting! If you're dress shopping I would highly recommend this place.

Sent on 09/11/2013

Guenette · Married on 09/28/2013

I was looking for a wedding dress that would not cost me more than my college tuition, and came across Dahlia Bridal. Cassandra was great! She listened to what my ideas for a dress are, and was able to pull some dresses based on my thoughts. She also gave her honest feedback without sugar-coating everything, yet was still very encouraging. I really appreciated when I told her of another consignment dress shop, she saw the other shop as another resource and not competition. That was classy of her. She was also prompt with her email answers and was flexible in meeting me when I was available. The shop was cute and well-decorated, although on the particular day I was trying on dresses, it was very hot. I ended up purchasing a dress from her that was 1/3 of the original price! I love my dress and cannot wait for my wedding day!

Sent on 07/15/2013

3.4
      3.0

I've been to Dahlia Bridal twice. I heard about the shop the the bridal grapevine. The first visit I went blindly to browse I tried on two gowns. Upon leaving, I learned about their Facebook page. I became a follower and a few months later, I was notified of an Under $500 sale, & saw a dress I loved on sale. I made an appointment and the next visit I found my dress!

Sent on 04/13/2015