Clarence Chan Photography Reviews

Clarence Chan Photography 6
Clarence Chan Photography 7
  • Brittany

Brittany · Getting married on 08/08/2020

Great engagement shoot photographer!

Clarence was fantastic to work with for our engagement shoot! He went above and beyond to make our shoot go smoothly. He scouted locations ahead of time, gave clear directions in terms of posing and he made us feel comfortable in front of the camera. Our wedding website looks amazing - thanks to his photography skills. We especially loved how his film photos turned out! Thank you Clarence :)

Sent on 08/27/2019
  • Vanessa

Vanessa · Married on 10/21/2018

Wonderful Wedding Photographer

Clarence was one of the most genuine people we've met. During the midst of finding vendors, it was super hectic but Clarence was the one vendor we knew we had to have. We reviewed his portfolio and loved his work and his photography style. When we hired him and received our outcomes, we fell IN LOVE with his photos! They were everything we hoped for! We were scared about the intensity of our wedding day and having him run around with us, but he was so patient and willing to work with us. He didn't push or make me feel like I HAD to do something. I also didn't feel rushed and heavens, you will be so busy running around. He gave us a rundown during our meet and greet and made everything smooth and easy. Clarence was very professional and we definitely recommend him for your next event!

Sent on 08/22/2019
    Clarence Chan Photography 8
  • Linda

Linda Lam · Married on 09/29/2018

Phenomenal experience with this guy

Clarence shot our city hall wedding in NYC and at several locations after our short but sweet ceremony. We met in person once before our big day, and we showed some examples of the mood we were aiming for that day: relaxed, authentic and a little bit of whimsy-- Clarence knocked it out of the park, capturing us and our families in the concrete jungle we call home. He caught us in sweet tearful moments in City Hall on a misty day, Wes-Andersen-like shots in our favorite park & bar in the Lower East Side, intimate & creative compositions in the glamorous NoMad hotel and tied the bow on our special day by capturing a romantic reception in a small restaurant. We couldn't be happier with Clarence's work and service and wholeheartedly recommend him to any couple anywhere. Thank you Clarence!!

Sent on 09/02/2019
  • W

Wilson · Married on 05/13/2018

Clarence did our wedding and engagement photos. Clarence was very easy to work with. He is fun, energetic and easy going. He made us laugh and was great at helping us relax in front of the camera. He is patient and lets us have our moments while he captures them. If you don't have any photo ideas, he will lead you through it and makes your life easy! Our photos came out beautiful!

Sent on 08/10/2018
    Clarence Chan Photography 9
    Clarence Chan Photography 10
    Clarence Chan Photography 11
    Clarence Chan Photography 12
    Clarence Chan Photography 13
    Clarence Chan Photography 14

Kim · event on 04/20/2018

Clarence is an amazing photographer. He captured my in-laws 50th wedding anniversary beautifully! He is very communicative and so easy to work.
    Can't wait for another event for him to capture for us.

Sent on 05/06/2018

Martin · Married on 09/04/2017

Clarence was a pleasure to work with, we had lots of fun, he made us feel relaxed and comfortable in front of the camera and he was discreet whilst also being authoritative when he needed to be. The time leading up to our wedding was already stressful enough but Clarence made it a seamless and smooth experience for us during this time. His understanding of what we wanted was very intuitive. During the wedding, Clarence was energetic, confident and a welcome relief from the hustle and bustle of the day itself. He had no issue pulling us to one side to get shots when he could see light conditions were at their best. We both really enjoyed his company and it was a pleasure to have him around. We know many of our guests felt the same way.

Only giving this man five stars is an injustice, we couldn’t rate Clarence high enough. Not only is he a really friendly guy but also an incredibly talented photographer, a true master artist in his work and we are lucky to have our forever memories that he has captured.

Sent on 12/04/2017

Ambrosia · Married on 07/29/2017

Clarence was by far one of our vendor rock stars. From the moment we saw Clarence's work we knew that we wanted him to be part of our day. He is phenomenal to work with and made us feel so comfortable even though we're not camera people- during our engagement shoot it honestly just felt like we were hanging out with a friend (full disclosure: we did drag him to our favorite bar for our e-shoot so maybe that was it?). During our wedding he was a calming, familiar presence that made my then-fiance and I feel so much better. His work is beyond words and he really captured the feel of Matt and I as a couple (not too much kissing, not too much smiling). His creativity led to some of my favorite pictures, all of which are more beautiful than I remember the actual day being. We couldn't have been luckier to work with Clarence and can't thank him enough for all the work he did to make our day perfect.

Sent on 12/22/2017

Christine · Married on 07/08/2017

My husband and I were so happy to have chosen Clarence for our engagement photos and wedding photos. From the beginning Clarence was a joy to work with; he took the time to get to know us and really helped to make our photos natural with a beautiful artistic touch. I cannot say enough good things about working with him; he was always extremely responsive, proactive, flexible and professional. Clarence was able to beautifully capture all of the precious moments of our wedding day; he truly went above and beyond to make sure we have stunning photos of our guests too. Clarence has an incredible talent and we cannot imagine what our wedding day would have been like without him! We are so thankful for all of the breathtaking photos he captured!

Sent on 11/21/2017

Maya · Married on 05/07/2017

I could not say enough wonderful things about working with Clarence!!! Every step of the process was easy and enjoyable. He took the time to meet with us before our engagement session and answered every question that we had. During the engagement photo shoot, Clarence made us feel so comfortable that we were able to actually enjoy rediscovering the city where we fell in love. By the time the wedding rolled around, it just felt like Clarence was a part of the family! He captured so many special moments and it's been so much fun to relive that day through our photographs. I have had so many family and friends tell me that we have the BEST engagement/wedding photographs that they’ve ever seen and I couldn’t agree more! Clarence is so incredibly talented and we feel lucky to have been able to work with him.

Sent on 07/13/2017

Hea · Married on 02/18/2017

Having Clarence as my wedding photographer was one of the top highlights of my special day. He was down to earth and went above-and-beyond to capture the moment while making things as simplistic for us as possible, even for someone who is camera shy like me. His photos speak for themselves and truly show how much of an artist Clarence is. If you are planning to have a wedding or any other event, I would definitely recommend Clarence. We are super blessed that he was able to be a part of our wedding.

Sent on 05/24/2017

Peony · Married on 10/16/2016

Picking a photographer was a source of anxiety for me before the wedding. The photography of the event was an important aspect for me, and I looked through a lot of photographers' portfolios before choosing one. In the end, my husband and I are so glad we decided to go with Clarence for our engagement and wedding photos. The photos came out beautifully. He's got a great eye for picking out locations, the right angles, and figuring out the perfect amount of lighting (an absolute must in every good photographer). He's very easy to work with and met with us before our engagement shoot and wedding to discuss what we were looking for. Before our wedding Clarence had scoped out our venue so he had an idea of where to shoot. And on our wedding day I'm so grateful that he was there to guide us - making sure he got all the photos we wanted before the ceremony, grabbing us to get some sunset shots before it was dark, and even sticking around after the reception so we got some night shots in the garden. (He was actually the last person to leave the wedding.) Not only is he a very talented photographer, he also goes out of his way to make sure your day goes smoothly. I seriously can't recommend him enough for any photography services you need.

Sent on 03/20/2017

Brad · Married on 09/11/2016

Clarence was one of our wedding MVPs!!! Clarence has been such a joy to work with from our initial consultation and he is IMMENSELY talented as a photographer. Clarence's wedding portfolios are a show stopper and you can easily see why he's booked almost every weekend for weddings! Clarence met with us a few months before our wedding and heard our vision and shared some suggestions with us. Our theme was a rustic farm wedding in Maryland and he had worked at the venue before, which was our deciding factor. Clarence was so accommodating and went out of his way to make sure we felt comfortable with the photography options being presented to us. Clarence met with us again a week before our wedding and reviewed our shot list. On the day of the wedding, Clarence was on time and brought an assistant, free of charge to us. They were patient with us and worked on the detail shots first (shoes, belt, wedding programs, etc.) while my fiancee was getting ready. He went and spent time with the ladies as they were prepping and then came and spent time with the gents. Clarence arranged our 1st look and every one said it looked so beautiful. He had such creative ideas to capture tasteful moments of us before our wedding. During our reception, Clarence and his assistant kept moving around to capture different angles. They worked AMAZINGLY with our videographer - it was such a pleasure to watch them at work. Clarence took charge in arranging our family shots and made sure to execute our shot list. During the reception, Clarence even got up on chairs to capture different angles and it was AMAZING to see him so active and engaged on our wedding day. Clarence stayed until the very end (10 hours!) and made sure not to miss a single important shot. WOW is all I can say! Clarence exceeded our expectations and I'm so appreciative of how he made us feel taken care of. I STRONGLY recommend Clarence Chan Photography to future married couples!!!

Sent on 09/13/2016

Stephen · Married on 09/10/2016

Clarence did our photography for both our engagement and our wedding. We couldn't have made a better choice! Our photos matched the amazing day that our wedding was. He has an incredible eye for good shots, and is an absolute pleasure to work with!

Sent on 01/10/2017

Chris · Married on 08/27/2016

Simply put, Clarence was absolutely amazing! We fell in love with his style as we went through his portfolio and knew we wanted him to capture our wedding day. From our first conversation with him, he was extremely professional and very easy to work with. Our wedding was in California and Clarence gave us the utmost confidence in the logistics and being able to meet our schedule for the weekend. Where Clarence really stood out and made our wedding day run so smooth was being able to direct certain shots amidst the chaos and also capture completely natural shots without being prominent. He was also very gracious with my extended family, who all brought their cameras and often found themselves a little to close to the action. Clarence made us feel very comfortable throughout our entire wedding and he captured so many great memories. We HIGHLY recommend him for anyone!

Sent on 03/13/2017

We went with Clarence for our engagement and wedding photos, after a friend highly recommended him. We are so happy with his work. We were both not used to being photographed but Clarence has a way of making you feel very comfortable, like a friend. He did an amazing job with all the photos. Clarence has an amazing artistic eye, yet is unobtrusive. He's extremely easy to work with, flexible and accommodating which is important during the hectic was of the wedding planning process. Would highly recommend Clarence!

Sent on 05/04/2016
  • User5419946 · 2+ years ago

We had our engagement and wedding photos shot by Clarence. We are very satisfied with our photos and am very happy that we found him! Clarence is also very flexible on accommodating our request and schedule.

Sent on 09/08/2015

I have been an actor for ten years in Los Angeles and am extremely picky about photographers. Wedding photogs are generally expensive because what they do require a lot of talent. They need to capture fleeting moments while keeping you back lit, hitting your right angle, accounting for colors and making beautifully formatted pictures. Plus they are on a time crunch. Unfortunately for the industry many people without that talent still charge a lot. Clarence is one of the few that actually have the talent needed for excellent, magazine-ready photographs.
    He is excellent. I found absolutely no one like him in DC. He is with certainty the best. Plus he is a genuinely kind and fun person to have at your wedding. I feel lucky to have gotten him for ours.

Sent on 08/11/2015

Ariel · Married on 06/05/2015

Photography was a very important aspect of the wedding for me and my husband, and so we carefully researched talented photographers in the area that had flexible packages. Clarence is an extremely talented photographer, and a very easy person to work with. He captured our wedding so beautifully that when we saw the photographs it was like reliving the whole day. My sister is in the fashion and beauty industry in New York City and regularly works with professional photographers to develop campaigns, and she was very impressed with Clarence's work. All in all we couldn't be happier with our experience with Clarence, and highly recommend him for any event!!

Sent on 08/04/2015

Suly · Married on 05/02/2015

We hired Clarence to do our engagement photos and our wedding photos and we have NO regrets. Our pictures came out so beautifully!

On wedding day, as to no surprise, both my husband and I were super nervous and overwhelmed. But Clarence just casual talks to you while shooting as if "no big deal" and made us feel so comfortable and at ease. At one point early on in our day, I was super emotional after my husband prayed for us and started tearing. No tissues on hand and he did not hesitate to just give me his lens cloth to wipe my tears. I won't forget that! Great photographer AND caring.

Clarence is always on point, gives clear directions, and very patient. We honestly didn't even notice he was there taking pictures throughout the ceremony and reception. He was that subtle and effective. And there were so many pictures Clarence captured that I had no idea he would have been able to grab the shot in time, especially as a one man team!! Even our guests complimented on how diligent he was. We are over the moon with appreciation for all he did and couldn't have been happier. I'd definitely recommend Clarence! He really has a special touch.

Sent on 07/22/2015

Cat · Married on 04/11/2015

When my husband and I got engaged and started the planning process, let’s just say the first thing on my mind wasn’t the venue, flowers, dress… it was choosing the photographer. I felt like I searched every photographer in the DMV area, but for some reason I never came across Clarence. I happened to ask my brother if he knew any photographers, he said he knew this cool dude from church that does professional photography, and provided me Clarence’s link. I was absolutely amazed when I visited his site; his photojournalistic style was exactly what I was looking for.

When meeting with Clarence he is just awesome and so down to earth.
    He took the time to get to know my husband and I first, and made us feel really comfortable, he explained how he works, and walked us through the process. Clarence was so flexible with our schedule. At the time, my husband and I were finishing school and our schedule was really cramped, Clarence was able to work with us to get our engagement shoot in time before our wedding and it was a blast..

During our engagement shoot, it was pouring rain, and Clarence was so dedicated, and was a true trooper in the rain, ensuring that we got great photos. My husband and I are not photogenic people, but Clarence was able to capture us the way we had hoped. My husband and I come from very traditional Vietnamese families, where we had to have the traditional ceremony in the morning on both my side and the groom’s side. Our schedule was very tight which meant we had to start very early in the morning. Clarence arrived early and on time and jumped right in. We had Clarence the whole day, and he stayed with us to the very end!

Clarence doesn’t do what is typical. In my opinion, Clarence gets to know you as a couple and can read what is important to you, and he absolutely delivers. We are SO happy with our photos and feel extremely blessed to have had Clarence as our photographer, we highly recommend him!!!!!

Sent on 07/10/2015

Working with Clarence was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. Clarence's photos turned out beautiful and we greatly appreciated the creativity he used in capturing all aspects of our day. He's very easy to work with and accommodating on all of our various requests. Highly recommend!

Sent on 01/19/2015

M · Married on 10/24/2014

We loved working with Clarence! He has a very welcoming and positive spirit. His photos are absolutely AMAZING and we are so glad we decided to have him take our wedding photos. Clarence is incredibly gifted and skilled in capturing the best moments. We have already recommended him to others :) Thank you so much Clarence for being a part of our special day!

Sent on 01/23/2015

Han Liang · event on 10/09/2014

Clarence was very accommodating to our needs and even our tight time schedule.
    He immediately understood what we wanted and even gave some very insightful suggestions.
    Our casual engagement shoot turned out to be a hassle-free experience, and the photos were simply wonderful.

Sent on 01/23/2015

C · Married on 06/28/2014

Clarence is a very talented photographer! He shot our engagement and wedding photos and we hope to use him again for other life events. Highly recommended!

Sent on 07/08/2014

Virginia · event on 06/27/2014

Clarence is an amazingly talented & gifted photographer! He is always able to capture the most natural beautiful moments of us at the best angle! We had the best engagement pictures, thanks to him. He is very quick to respond to questions, and readily willing to accomodate all our needs & requests. He also tries his best to work with our difficult schedule. I cannot recommend a photographer any more than Clarence!!

Sent on 01/14/2015